PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Dark Falz on very hard mode

ZanMato
Jan 30, 2013, 02:12 PM
I have been playing PSO again in the last few days after many years since playing it online.

I'm currently using a recreation of my online FOmar called Sonic Beta from the gamecube servers which corrupted at level 176 a long time ago.

Currently I'm level 80 and have all areas unlocked on Episode 1 and 2 on very hard mode.

What I would like to know is the minimum health required for a FOmar to survive Dark Falz's melee attack in its final form. Last time I played through Ruins I was 1 hit killed by Dark Falz and didn't have any scape dolls available.

My mag has 180 mind on it and I'm using a Striker of Chao.

Garrett_TD23
Jan 30, 2013, 04:08 PM
I would be interested in the answer too. My FOmar is at level 49 and I just started VHard.

Konan
Jan 30, 2013, 06:58 PM
Like I always say, stack up Defense points and HP. Best to use some Metal/Body or Dragon/HP if you have them. And find a Frame with 3 or 4 slots. Also using the highest level Deband will help with this. MOST IMPORTANTLY Use Jellen on Dark Falz ASAP, this will make a BIG difference. Or if you don't want to use Metal/Body use some Def Materials.

Caledonia
Jan 30, 2013, 09:37 PM
I don't actually recall being hit by that attack on my FOmarl. She advanced onto ultimate at about level 80~83, and I never used any HP/Body modifiers, or Jellen for that matter... although her mag does have 50 DEF...

Well, she now (level 100+) has 1300ish HP so reckoning back 1100ish HP? Then again, simply from your weapon choice I take it you're playing online, so Falz's stats/values will differer from me offline even without trying to compensate per class.

What is your HP at the moment?

Jaspaller
Jan 30, 2013, 10:07 PM
DEF doesn't make a difference against his final form's slash guys. It always does a set damage so boosting DEF is a waste of time against him. In single player mode the slash does around 390 HP worth of damage IIRC so just keep leveling until you have around 400 HP or insert some HP units into your armor to survive.

gigawuts
Jan 30, 2013, 10:45 PM
^Indeed.

Focus on raw HP items and light resist items, as his grants starts to get fairly good at this point. Then work out a way to survive at 1 hp!

T0m
Jan 31, 2013, 04:22 AM
Haha good memory, Jaspaller. According to this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=948) you're exactly right. That blade attack takes 390 HP off of you. And you should have more than that already, at level 80.

That guide shows damage values from all of Falz' attacks. (There's really a wealth of information on this site, though it's not always easy to find.)

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 10:02 AM
Whenever I fought Dark Falz on VH or H difficulty he never did the same damage every time with the blade attack, i've always had trouble with him taking my soul and other people hitting him and screwing me over.

T0m
Jan 31, 2013, 11:17 AM
Whenever I fought Dark Falz on VH or H difficulty he never did the same damage every time with the blade attack

Who knows, maybe Falz treats you differently because you are best buds?
For everyone else, it is a fixed damage attack.

Konan
Jan 31, 2013, 11:27 AM
Who knows, maybe Falz treats you differently because you are best buds?
For everyone else, it is a fixed damage attack.

lol maybe ^^ or its my gamecube because a lot of weird things happen when I play PSO Episode I and II but the disc is perfectly fine, however the GC is celebrating its 9th birthday today.