PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Question about some of the Titles

knight85
Feb 3, 2013, 07:25 PM
i'm looking at the wiki site at the minute, checking out the list of titles to see what i know i can do and what i know i can't. some of them from what i can see require you to do multiplayer mode. but there's some things i'm unclear about.

1: what's the difference between a multiplayer open mission and an online open mission?
2: what the hell is battle mode?

Dr.No
Feb 3, 2013, 07:51 PM
Multiplayer mode in PSPo2 refers to when you can connect ad hoc to another PSP in an area that is close by. You don't need to be a member of PSN in order to use the normal Multiplayer mode, but you do if you're going online on the PSN server.
You can go solo both of these titles if you like, the biggest difference between Multiplayer and Online is that you have to be a member of PSN in order to go into online mode, otherwise the missions are the exact same. The only difference with MP and Online mode compared to Story mode is that the enemies on both of these modes will have higher HP and you'll have to chain more in order to do effective damage when you break the chain compared to story mode.

Battle mode is the PVP mode in this game.

knight85
Feb 3, 2013, 08:32 PM
ok got it, i'm already a member of psn so that wont be a problem, so i can still solo in the multiplayer and online modes. but battle mode is me against somebody else. got it thanks

i have a wireless router at home. do i need anything else for playing multi-mode and online multi-mode solo?

blace
Feb 3, 2013, 08:46 PM
Multi mode is basically offline multiplayer, online makes it so you can team up with others that are connected to PSN. Playing online solo only drains the battery faster.

Dr.No
Feb 3, 2013, 09:08 PM
Nope, you're good to go. Good luck. I'd suggest going for C rank for speedy purposes in getting those titles.

knight85
Feb 3, 2013, 09:44 PM
Multi mode is basically offline multiplayer, online makes it so you can team up with others that are connected to PSN. Playing online solo only drains the battery faster.

well i'd only be playing in by room and the charger cable reaches from the socket to my desktop computer.

just to clarify. would i need another psp nearby to fo multi mode? sry if these are stupid questions but these kind of details are probably only in the manual and i dont have this game yet

much thanks

blace
Feb 3, 2013, 10:04 PM
Only if you plan on playing with someone else. Otherwise, no. Select multi mode to get started with some multiplayer challenges. Challenge mode is something else, you can do the first few stages on your own, the rest require one other person to clear.

knight85
Feb 3, 2013, 10:18 PM
got it thanks