PDA

View Full Version : Mines boss on normal - possible bug ? (help!)

Sisqua
Mar 6, 2001, 10:32 AM
**WARNING** POSSIBLE SPOILER IF YOU WANT TO DO THE QUEST WITHOUT ANY HINTS

I got all the way through the final mines quest last night on normal and killed the mines boss. Then I went and activated the three pillars in forest, caves and mines and went back to the mines boss to fight a second time. I killed it and warped to the ruins entrance where the door was now open - I could even go part way in and get the 'Ruins 1' message box popup. So assuming I'd finished, I warped back to Pioneer 2 only to find that I did not have ruins access (still only forest, caves, mines). I've been to see the principal, checked at the guild (no new quests either), and done everything I can think of.

Am I missing something or is this a bug ? Any help would be really appreciated.

S.

ZiGDoG
Mar 6, 2001, 01:51 PM
Instead of Warping back to Pioneer 2, when you saw the Ruins 1 you were supposed to hit A and warp to Ruins 1....hope that helps. (your probably gonna have to fight the Mines boss again)

Aravis
Mar 6, 2001, 02:16 PM
Yup, you have to actually go INTO the ruins to access them the next time around. You won't have to go back and touch the pillars again - you just need to fight the mines boss over. Annoying, isn't it? (I did the exact same thing... lol)

Sisqua
Mar 6, 2001, 03:13 PM
Many thanks - I'll give it a go.

I think the boss deserves another pasting anyway.

R.

Phoenix
Mar 10, 2001, 12:44 AM
That Mines boss is so easy. On Normal i killed its second form with 3 shots with the spread needle lol. Easiest boss.

MORB
Mar 12, 2001, 03:51 PM
Well, Vol Opt is pretty easy to take down, but you have to go through the mines before...

Personnaly, I fell a little uneasy with all those Sinow Beats and Garanz lurking everywhere...

Coxy
Mar 16, 2001, 08:02 AM
the mines are easy if you have the right weapons. ive got a varista+9 with 60% on machine! its very sweet!