PDA

View Full Version : Melee Forces

Aeris651
Mar 31, 2003, 11:40 PM
Any one here a meely force i am =P

Post here what you have on your force, to make him/her seem like they're on steroids.

Or just tell me what you think of Melee Forces
I've had people come up to me and ask "how do you do so much damage you mage, you are a mage right?".=P
and they tell me im a good force because i cast j/z
s/d cure and use anti.

Level 156 Fomarl
Rainbow Baton +24 20/0/55/55
s-rank twin
Bringer's Rifle +9
Aura Field
Safty Heart/Rico's Glasses
3xGod/Ablility
God/Battle
Pink Sato 25/115/60/0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aeris651 on 2003-05-08 11:16 ]</font>

Jae
Mar 31, 2003, 11:59 PM
I encountered yet another awesome FOmelee person on Ant 8 last night. He's a FOmar that goes by the name of Ashura. I don't know what his equipment was, but he was always gracious enough to cast s/d/j/z for the team as well as a few attack techs when it was appropriate. But his melee is where he really shone. His weapon of choice was what APPEARED to be an S-Rank Twin but I wasn't too sure. He would also whip out a Rainbow Baton when he needed to hit groups. This dude was doing 450-500 damage in Ultimate Ruins and it totally blew my mind. I didn't get his card, but hopefully I'll run into him again in the future.

*edit* Forgot to say, I'm all for Melee FOrces. It makes things interesting when you have a FOrce that can cast and fight at the same time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-03-31 21:03 ]</font>

Eum
Apr 1, 2003, 12:04 AM
I used to melee with my old FOmarl. I re-created her, and I plan on doing the same. It's not that I particularly enjoy it over technique usage, rather, it's stupid not to take advantage of a given.

What is so wonderful about being capable of doing damage melee-wise, is the fact that you can do any stage, on any difficulty without going bankrupt. With say, a FOnewearl, I remember I constantly did VH Mines or Ruins, because I could generate enough meseta each time to pay for the amount of Trifluids I'd have to use.

However, I never compete with Hunters or Rangers in the physical damage department, because frankly, in the scheme of things, you can't.

Furthermore, with a FOmarl, I suggest only using her physical strength to complete areas in which you can't afford to use techniques, to defeat certain bosses (Dal Ral Lie, anyone?), and to act as a Hunter in a team of only Forces.

KokoAeris
Apr 1, 2003, 12:06 AM
I wish I had a Force that can fight... Mine is like SO weak... Level 33... *DIES*

If I ever have a chance, I would train him to be a melee fighter... It's just better like that. X_X

Aeris651
Apr 1, 2003, 12:25 AM
I know Ashura he's one of my pso buddy's cool guy.XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aeris651 on 2003-03-31 21:26 ]</font>

Captain_Dude
Apr 1, 2003, 12:40 AM
Hehehe, Somehow, I think my little FOnewearl wouldn't stand up to well against sumfin using only her brute strength...

"Put up yer dukes!"
"Are you crazy?"
"I've got a saber!"
"Hey, stop hitting me! That's Irritating!"
"Grr! Fall down! Fall down!"
"Get outta ya crazy wench!" *Smash*
"Ow..."

That's how I predict a fight with a booma might go...

Altho, when I get PSOX, I may have my FOmar go melee... Hopefully that'll work...

Tigereye
Apr 1, 2003, 01:00 AM
Although I could go melee, I'm mainly a Charge Vulcan FO if I'm not casting techs.

Derkin
Apr 1, 2003, 02:32 AM
I need more ATP before I can use my S-Rank Twin. Not to mention a better shield. Suzaku do not work too well. >_>

Kent
Apr 1, 2003, 03:46 AM
I've been doing a lot of melee with my FOmar recently, with a Soul Eater and Booma's Claw. So far, he's faring pretty well.

At level 49, he could probably beat the snot out of Hard Falz, although the last time I tried that, I only lost because I ran out of fluid on the final form and couldn't use Resta before it whacked me again...

Armok
Apr 1, 2003, 06:13 AM
Death to all forces Hucast nation

DukeElrond
Apr 1, 2003, 06:48 AM
I have a melee FOmar (Duke Elrond). His melee abilities come from a mag with 150 pow, a pair of Gatlings with 50% hit, and s/d/j/z 29-30.

Yosho
Apr 1, 2003, 10:22 AM
I had a friend named Melface and all he did was fight and he kicked ass, his wep of choice was his Soul Banish o.O

Chronoslash
Apr 1, 2003, 10:41 AM
On 2003-03-31 23:32, Derkin wrote:
I need more ATP before I can use my S-Rank Twin. Not to mention a better shield. Suzaku do not work too well. >_>

Go for a secret gear, my friend. You won't be dissappointed and it's not that hard to get.

As for the topic, I have a melee FOmar. I use lots of attack mats and only use techniques when absolutly necessary. Since his name's Magus (from Chrono Trigger for all you classic gamers out there) he uses a Soul Eater most of the time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

Alena Zouryx
Apr 1, 2003, 10:54 AM
To Derkin: Suzaku?!? Might you be Tamahome?!? >.>

Anyways, my level 135 FOmarl happens to be a melee Fo. I have a power and dexterity Sato along with mind mags for my Resta and occasional RA-tech. As for my weapon...I usually go with the Madam's Umbrella. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Cuteness over strength!!! *giggle*

voxie
Apr 1, 2003, 12:55 PM
What is a melee force exactly? on reading some of the above, I'm guessing a melee force is the babysitter type who looks after and aids all in the fight?

If thats so, then I guess I'm a melee force too ^_^

Malkavian
Apr 1, 2003, 01:07 PM
On 2003-04-01 00:46, Kent wrote:
I've been doing a lot of melee with my FOmar recently, with a Soul Eater and Booma's Claw. So far, he's faring pretty well.

At level 49, he could probably beat the snot out of Hard Falz, although the last time I tried that, I only lost because I ran out of fluid on the final form and couldn't use Resta before it whacked me again...

You are the one that always flamed Rangers?? At lv 49 a RAcast and i guess other rangers too can defeat falz VHARD! without transferred stuff from ultimate.

Well I really dislike Melee Forces, I hate when a force starts hogging and stealing exp... is not correct in a Force http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Vitamin_D
Apr 1, 2003, 02:01 PM
On 2003-04-01 07:41, Chronoslash wrote:

As for the topic, I have a melee FOmar. I use lots of attack mats and only use techniques when absolutly necessary. Since his name's Magus (from Chrono Trigger for all you classic gamers out there) he uses a Soul Eater most of the time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

Chrono Trigger's my favorite RPG ever...you're a good man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif anyway, i DARE not do any Melee with my FOnewearl, but in Ver.1 and 2 my FOmarl kicked some MAJOR ass. Ah well, I might make another FOmarl in the future...

Kusanagi
Apr 1, 2003, 03:40 PM
Im a HUmar and I dont mind Melee forces as long as they do 2 things:
1: Still do a good bit of damage
2: And dont completely abandon their Support Techs likes Shifta, Deband, Reverser things like that.
I love it when I get a high level FO im my team and they cast S&D and we are all just kickin ass. But I do get irritated when I have to use all my moons to revive people when there is a lvl. 160 FO that wont use Reverser.

Enough with my rambling.

Aeris651
Apr 1, 2003, 04:29 PM
On 2003-04-01 03:13, Armok wrote:
Death to all forces Hucast nation

Hucast wont survive in a nation of its own. "Can somebody cast resta one me"

Joe-Azlin
Apr 1, 2003, 04:35 PM
i dont mind melee forces either as long as they still support but i think that some forces like the fonewm should stay a force. if u want 2 b melee go with fomar or fomarl.

Forever Zero
Apr 1, 2003, 04:38 PM
I'm glad many feel the same about melee forces. I always thought they were looked down on. I use an Agito 1983 model on my fomar. I do remember my support role, of course http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And after that it's tech and melee XD

Aphrodite2003
Apr 1, 2003, 07:13 PM
I'm glad I"ve found some people who appreciate forces as fighters too. I use a Grass Assassins Saber with my fomarl. Its awesome to know that I can kick the crap out of Ultimate ruins just as well as most other classes can.

Derkin
Apr 1, 2003, 07:49 PM
Any melee FO that doesn't bother to cast S/D and J/Z on every enemy deserves to die. That's the whole point of meleeing with a FO.

Phelan
Apr 1, 2003, 07:54 PM
Since someone didn't understand the term melee force. A melee force uses close combat attacks primarily instead of techniques to damage enemies. They are a hybrid, fighter-mage type of character. They do have good support techs, but their goal is to damage with weapons.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 1, 2003, 08:28 PM
On 2003-04-01 10:07, Malkavian wrote:

On 2003-04-01 00:46, Kent wrote:

You are the one that always flamed Rangers?? At lv 49 a RAcast and i guess other rangers too can defeat falz VHARD! without transferred stuff from ultimate.

Well I really dislike Melee Forces, I hate when a force starts hogging and stealing exp... is not correct in a Force http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

......whoa "hate" FO are just trying to break out of their supporting shells let them, i'm happy to say any HUmar that will cast J/Z instead of RAfioe good for you, keep it going. i'm going to continue to be a Meleeing force because it's less boring. and i've got enough Players experence, as a hunter to be able to do it well.
i say to you FOs break from your chains of techs expand yourself use those arm for something else besides casting poses. *rasies his agito in revoltment* i for one am not going to answer a nagging call of "Resta me FO boy" while i'm beating the crap outta Hildelt!

Kent
Apr 1, 2003, 10:15 PM
At lv 49 a RAcast and i guess other rangers too can defeat falz VHARD! without transferred stuff from ultimate.

Nice April Fool's joke, but nobody is falling for it.

I was going solo. If you had any experience playing a force, you'd know how hard it is to go solo, especially when they don't get the best weapons and have relatively low DFP and HP, not to mention that I don't have a higher level character to transfer stuff from. Also note that I only had Difluids with me at the time (can't buy Monofluids any more and Trifluids are too expensive at the moment).

Do yourself a favor and not make such obvious lies in your posts, and try to get some expreience on the subject before making yourself look any more of an idiot.

Zeebo
Apr 1, 2003, 10:26 PM

I was going solo. If you had any experience playing a force, you'd know how hard it is to go solo, especially when they don't get the best weapons and have relatively low DFP and HP, not to mention that I don't have a higher level character to transfer stuff from. Also note that I only had Difluids with me at the time (can't buy Monofluids any more and Trifluids are too expensive at the moment).

Do yourself a favor and not make such obvious lies in your posts, and try to get some expreience on the subject before making yourself look any more of an idiot.

LOL! 50 does sound right to beat on V hard but all depeding on as you said the items.....

OH YEAH...The reason I came was to check WHY PICK A FORCE TO MELEE? why not a HUmar you have magic and better melee!

Aeris651
Apr 2, 2003, 01:00 AM
On 2003-04-01 19:26, Zeebo wrote:

OH YEAH...The reason I came was to check WHY PICK A FORCE TO MELEE? why not a HUmar you have magic and better melee!

Its not just about melee its also about being a souppourt force Im sure humar's dont got the kind of teks formarl or fomar have and forces dont got the kind of strength hunters have or ata, but my ata is good enough for my fomarl, I can put the whole room in confusion with my Rainbow Baton. my Z/J S/D makes up for that lack of strength.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 2, 2003, 06:31 AM
I find this topic quite interesting. FOmar(l)s can cast that happy little lvl 30 S/D/J/Z...and some people just want a big challenge, I guess http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But, still...I had to play with a melee FOnewearl before with my FOrce...and after a while, I just said: "Screw the reverser...the others have moons, don't they?"

Ugh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The_Messiah
Apr 2, 2003, 04:02 PM
I can't believe this arguement is still raging from the DC days when people hated it when a force didnt use techs. Anyway, I think its great when a force goes of to melee, it just makes the game different and more challenging to the other players by not always being Lvl.30 shifta enhanced and so forth. Let people play how they want. You can always just leave if you hate it....

Laters.

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Apr 2, 2003, 07:21 PM
I don't understand why so many don't understand that the Fomarl and FOmar was made to do some good melee damage.To live a life of techs only and be support 24/7 I just died plz re-shifta deband me kthxbye is too much for me LOL.I don't shifta unless you ask me,nor do I waste time on rever when I have moons.Moons are much faster,I use rever whenever I am out of moons.I have made it to 160+ using this and have had no problems so far.To tell you the truth I've always hated using magic,hated whenever I do some high class damage with my 50% hit vucalns on ult monsters only to have some HU say "use techs!(happened in CCA).I play this game how I see gets the job done.I do what I gotta do to win http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifWell,ok I do shifta/deband you if I bring you back but;I focus so much on killing stuff and hogging exp from all the hunters that sometimes I don't notice the lack of S/D.

M_BlackHawk
Apr 2, 2003, 10:52 PM
well, at this juncture, Rhiana, my FOmarl, isn't at a lvl where she can melee. However, in v2, she could kick some serious butt with an S-Rank scythe or twin. There's nothing wrong with a force melee'ing.

Right now, I'm concentrating on Rhiana being a support mage..with high levels Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure/Resta, etc.. Mainly because there will come a time when a good support force will come in handy (Falz or Olga anyone?)

later

M_BlackHawk

Vanango
Apr 3, 2003, 12:33 AM
On 2003-04-01 07:54, Alena_Zouryx wrote:
To Derkin: Suzaku?!? Might you be Tamahome?!? >.>

Anyways, my level 135 FOmarl happens to be a melee Fo. I have a power and dexterity Sato along with mind mags for my Resta and occasional RA-tech. As for my weapon...I usually go with the Madam's Umbrella. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Cuteness over strength!!! *giggle*

My Hunewearl is Miyaka! but my char is cooler than Miyaka... I just want "TOMAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!"
hehehehehe

as for cuteness over strength, I hear ya... striker of chao vs. psycho wand?? Dammit, I love swinging that thing, "YA! YA!"

Vanango
Apr 3, 2003, 12:37 AM
extremes...

I orginally started off the FOnewearl w/ the highest mind.. then started a Racast... it was such a huge difference, I can't believe he's lvl 100 now, I had to use a final impact b/c it was the only spread I had and it was so slow! But I'm glad I stuck to it, b/c my Fo found a spread needle and a red handgun (that I traded just today... but anyways) he's so much fun to play w/ now!

(and I have an intermediate Hunewearl.. techs and attack... close range though..)

eXo
Apr 3, 2003, 05:02 PM
is a 135 power /60 dex mag good for starting a melee force mag

Muku6
Apr 3, 2003, 06:00 PM
I melee with my FOmarl. I had her on the DreamCast v.1 too, and she melee'd her way to 100. Now on GC she's at level 105. I use the following on her at the moment:

Agito (1983)
Custom Frame (4 slots, obviously)
God/Battle
God/Legs
God/Body
God/Power
Secret Gear
Chao (can't remember numbers on it at the moment)

I kept with the Agito, as mine used it on the DC version.. and it worked well. Seems to suit her, makes her look classy I think. Still working on getting her a better piece of armor and maybe even something a bit better for a shield though.

-Eden-
Apr 3, 2003, 06:07 PM
So far I've found that a good pair of mechguns outperform most weaponry available to FOs. My Combats have %15 hit, and with SD/JZ can mince most EpI monsters. Whenever I need to jump into spell casting mode, I'll use a chao striker which provides good defense as well as improve spell casting abilities with its MST boost.

I haven't used a soul banish yet, but I'd like to get my hands on one...

For MAGs, I'd recommend that they'd be geared towards mind than anything else. Definitely have POW as a close second though.

Currently Equipped:
Chao Stiker or Combat Mech Guns
Tripolic Shield
Guard Wave
-God/Technique
-God/Battle
-God/Mind
-God/Ability
Angel's Wing MAG
Def:35
Pow:50
Dex:35
Mind:80

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Eden- on 2003-04-03 15:19 ]</font>

Aeris651
Apr 3, 2003, 06:23 PM
On 2003-04-03 14:02, eXo wrote:
is a 135 power /60 dex mag good for starting a melee force mag

yes im pretty sure it is, from my perspective i really don't need mind beacause i have enough mst already for my suppourt teks. but if i do Ep2 i would go all mind beacause megid owns Ep2.XD
2 mags come in handy.

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Apr 3, 2003, 07:46 PM
My equip is pretty wacky but here goes..

Fire Vuclan 50% hit (Lv 150 bonus shop item)

Scarce Cloth 4 slot (Ult El Rappy)

God/battle (Ult forest of sorrow hildedelt)
Cure/shock (vhard forst of sorrow hildeblue)
God/Arm (vhard caves)
God/Arm (vhard caves)

Scarce Gurad (Ult caves didnt see what dropped)

Sato(balanced stats)

with this build im able to have max ata and atp,and with so much magic I can freeze monsters and own any mode in PSO.

Morfos
Apr 3, 2003, 08:16 PM
If FOmarl can melee so can FOnewm. Why dont FOnewms melee in episode 2? Its more effective than damaging techs(excluding megid). MST doesn't matter for megid so a FOnewm might as well equip melee weapons and mabey a power mag if he has one for episode 2.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 3, 2003, 08:28 PM
On 2003-04-03 17:16, Morfos wrote:
If FOmarl can melee so can FOnewm. Why dont FOnewms melee in episode 2? Its more effective than damaging techs(excluding megid). MST doesn't matter for megid so a FOnewm might as well equip melee weapons and mabey a power mag if he has one for episode 2.

Hahahahaha!

Ha...

Yeahhhhhh.

Well I'm sure the FOnewm and all 2 of his ATP can far outdo the tiny incremental 1000s of MST he has. I mean, geez...why do hundreds of damage to everything in a room casting techs when you can charge blindly into battle and get yourself killed every time? And never hit anything? And do 1 damage when you hit something?

Sorry I had to be so blunt http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aeris651
Apr 3, 2003, 08:58 PM

I believe fonewm's specialize in ra-teks only. Thats why all his mst strength is there. i dont think hes made to melee XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aeris651 on 2003-04-03 17:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aeris651 on 2003-04-03 19:32 ]</font>

fyrewyre
Apr 3, 2003, 10:17 PM

Have you played pso? and if so, how long?

isamu2k3
Apr 4, 2003, 12:37 AM
i melee a lvl 140 FOnewearl named Morrigan....and its quite effective....

50% hit frost vulcans
Love Guard
-God Battle
-God Pow
-God Arm
-God Technique
Heart Shield
Soniti lvl 200
hight on the ata

ever since i maxed my ata and atp even in ULT seabed i do considerable damage with j/z and s/d of course

MadCowChuck_
Apr 4, 2003, 06:13 AM
On 2003-04-03 21:37, isamu2k3 wrote:
i melee a lvl 140 FOnewearl named Morrigan....and its quite effective....

50% hit frost vulcans
Love Guard
-God Battle
-God Pow
-God Arm
-God Technique
Heart Shield
Soniti lvl 200
hight on the ata

ever since i maxed my ata and atp even in ULT seabed i do considerable damage with j/z and s/d of course

Well, I've seen plenty of this...but it's not considered melee. HUnters are melee characters; rangers are ranged. Using mechguns sets you as a ranged FOrce...which can actually be quite effective on occasion.

Malkavian
Apr 4, 2003, 08:51 AM
On 2003-04-01 19:15, Kent wrote:

At lv 49 a RAcast and i guess other rangers too can defeat falz VHARD! without transferred stuff from ultimate.

You are being what you say to me.
Obvious lies?żż? man I know you are not that noob to dont believe something very common and average like beating falz vhard offline! at lv 49. So why you say it? because I said you something? well no matter.
The only reason I answered is because you alwais said rangers are pointless, useless and boring.

Alisha
Apr 4, 2003, 02:21 PM
i consider myself the original melee fo heh ive been doing it since the days of ver1 on dc anyways this my equipment

Lady Alisha
lvl 139 FOmarl
4 slot df field
Rico's Glasses
God/Ability
God/Battle
God/arm
God/arm

weaponry of choice
Soul Banish
Arcane Twin +250
Ancient Saber
mag-Pirti 5/140/0/55

Elusive_Llama
Apr 4, 2003, 04:26 PM
if fomars can melee, so can fonewms

If Fonewms can act as force support, so can Humars. It's true.

As for rangers being pointless, useless and boring...

Pointless: Ranged attacks. High ATA. Good power. 'nuff said.

Useless: Frozen Shooter, Snow Queen, Spread Needle, charge vulcans 45% hit combined with high ATA. Yep...useless alright.

Boring: Only when everything is frozen and you're doing nothing but keeping them in that state.

I'd still like to know if you have a high level ranger in online ultimate.

garian
Apr 10, 2003, 09:51 AM
I hate HU's who demand s/d & z/j from a force as if they rely on it and if the force doesnt cast it they have to go to hell!

I dont see the point in making a char which has to rely on others to make it any good... Sure its nice if a force keeps the team buffed up but dont go round bitching " n00bie force dont cast s/d & z/j "

If you're gonna make a char where you're gonna be spending alot of hours playing it, it might aswell be good!

saffaya
Apr 10, 2003, 02:22 PM
On 2003-04-04 11:21, Alisha wrote:
i consider myself the original melee fo heh ive been doing it since the days of ver1 on dc

Like the game sub-title says, you are not the only one my dear http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Foggy_Pete
Apr 10, 2003, 06:26 PM
mele forces are ok to goof around with, but when your team actualy needs you and is depending on you its time to give up flailing around in mele range and get back to what a force was meant to do, cast spells. nothing is more anoying than fighting for your life alone and having a FO join your team only to soak up your moons and waste your time. im not one of those lvl 60 rangers who can do 400 damage with a duped mag and a hacked weapon..i cant really fend for myself well in Vhard yet and i need my team to help not get their jollies goofing off with a saber. forces werent meant to swing a sword and cant do it effectivly no matter what the equipment.
THE END
no flames you know its true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aeris651
May 6, 2003, 09:24 PM
On 2003-04-10 16:26, Foggy_Pete wrote:
mele forces are ok to goof around with, but when your team actualy needs you and is depending on you its time to give up flailing around in mele range and get back to what a force was meant to do, cast spells. nothing is more anoying than fighting for your life alone and having a FO join your team only to soak up your moons and waste your time. im not one of those lvl 60 rangers who can do 400 damage with a duped mag and a hacked weapon..i cant really fend for myself well in Vhard yet and i need my team to help not get their jollies goofing off with a saber. forces werent meant to swing a sword and cant do it effectivly no matter what the equipment.
THE END
no flames you know its true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ummm...not really *NOOB*

HighElf9310
May 6, 2003, 09:47 PM
OK...I had a FOnewm that meleed (go figure, I just read this whole topic, and I still can't spell it) in DC v1. It didn't work to well, even with a dbl saber...
But now I am strickly a tech. FO. I do understand using S/D once they get to a higher lvl, but I can't understand using J/Z on every enemy that you find. For a FO, I run out of TP quickly, even with a heart saber (yes, very pathetic for a lvl 33 force, but I can almost use some other weapons that I have saved up). So I don't find it practical to keep using J/Z, considering their TP usage, and how many times that I would have to use them. I am also that kind of FO that blasts everything with RAfoie when I get the chance....Yeah, but I am working on a FOmar so that I can do some support for fun...I am making a power mag, and I am finding him some sweet techs and weapons to start him off...Oh well, I guess I will see how it goes...

-Scope

Ryo_Hayasa
May 6, 2003, 09:55 PM
On 2003-04-10 16:26, Foggy_Pete wrote:
THE END

p.q you hurt me....you hurt me pretty bad... no class is ment for anything, they just excel in different things, if you cna melee as a FO go on, if your a support FO sure alright, Froggy, you know i'm a FO, what you don't know is, i'm a meleeing FO, Ryo Hayasa was almost a HUmar, infact he was a HUmar, but there were to many of them and i'm a DC vent, i needed something new, SO Ryo the FO enetered, he cn do about +300 damage with all his legit items + s/d no j/z though untill my ATP and ATA get up i'm useless in ult. my techs are being blow away. i guess i'm still a hunter at heart ^.~ anyways i can't stand those with "S/D" on their Shortcuts, atleast say please, and atleast say "Shifta/Deband" come on, you should be fine without it, hey i'm a FO but i'm not babysitter, in Very Hard i find my self head of the Team, in the front lines protecting everyone including myself, if someones in trouble i'll help them. "i'd glady give me Cyber Life for a Greatful Team mate"

ophiel
May 6, 2003, 10:55 PM
Ive never been much of a group player, So Ive had to develope strategies that allow me to solo effectively with different types of characters.

In my opinion, If you pump your Mag full of ATP and ATA, and use mech-guns, Youll do far, far, far more damage than just with spells.

Add in Shifta, and I can do around 900 damage in a combo from a decent range, and not waste a single TP.

Anyways, heres my character.

Ophiel
Lv. 72 fomar.
H&S 25 Justice +9
Secret Gear
General/Combat
Ogre Power +2
x2 Ogre Power

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 72 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

Aeris651
May 6, 2003, 11:09 PM
On 2003-05-06 19:47, HighElf9310 wrote:
OK...I had a FOnewm that meleed (go figure, I just read this whole topic, and I still can't spell it) in DC v1. It didn't work to well, even with a dbl saber...
But now I am strickly a tech. FO. I do understand using S/D once they get to a higher lvl, but I can't understand using J/Z on every enemy that you find. For a FO, I run out of TP quickly, even with a heart saber (yes, very pathetic for a lvl 33 force, but I can almost use some other weapons that I have saved up). So I don't find it practical to keep using J/Z, considering their TP usage, and how many times that I would have to use them. I am also that kind of FO that blasts everything with RAfoie when I get the chance....Yeah, but I am working on a FOmar so that I can do some support for fun...I am making a power mag, and I am finding him some sweet techs and weapons to start him off...Oh well, I guess I will see how it goes...

-Scope

If you are loosing TP that quick i suggest you go find or trade for a double saber which steals tp.

Nai_Calus
May 7, 2003, 02:50 AM
I melee all the time with one of my FOmars. Of course, I twink him to hell and back by giving him my HUmar's L188 Rati and a nice Gladius or two. >_>; Although I'm just as likely to whip out the Rafoie Merge, give him a Force weapon, and run around Rafoieing the hell out of everything in Ruins that's weak to it. Pity I can't beat Dark Falz yet, then again, I am only L21 with him. But even untwinked he can still hold his own with a saber and some S&D. (Now what's sad and pathetic is trying to beat a Hildebear to death with a Cane and a L2 FOnewm. Which I have done successfully, but I would not reccommend trying such things on a regular basis.)

Jellen and Zalure are nice, but they should be left, IMO, to fleshbag Hunters, especially if the Force is ranging or spellcasting. They don't have much of a range(I should know, I'm hopelessly poking my way through Ult trying to level my HUmar enough to beat Dal Ra Lie, and I need Zalure to even scrape triple-digit damage with my Raygun in the Caves, even -with- the 40% to A.Beast it has), and if the Force isn't meleeing, or even if it -is-, J&Z can be a good way to get yourself killed if you can't take the blows you might take if you can't move out of the way in time. So. HUmar. HUnewearl. Don't whine at the Force to cast J&Z. You have it yourself. Use it. You should be used to using it anyways, especially if you're a HUmar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Fleshbag Hunters can take on some Resta duty, too. Not all of it, because face it, Hunter Resta is likely to suck hot balls. Especially HUmar Resta. XD But they can sure as hell heal themselves, and whatever nearby teammates happen to be in need of it. And do their own dang Jellen and Zalure.

But yeah, nothing wrong with Forces doing melee, as long as they can actually do it, and still remember to support the party. And yes, Hunters, you can help support the party too. You too, Rangers. Well, not the RAmar, since they can't use J&Z, but every other fleshbag can, so.

Then again, I can't get online, so I solo 99% of the time, and therefore I'm used to taking care of myself and not whining at others to do it for me. ;-P

Mazarin
May 7, 2003, 08:53 AM
DB's Saber was the most underrated wep on the DC.

Mitclax did 1700+ w/ 1 hit.

Gotta love tanking.

FO-RA-HUnightv
May 7, 2003, 11:59 AM
i love going throw and doing one blast with lv 30 rafoie then finishing every thing off in secs with a mech with good hit%

my recored be for my curuption was ult forist to cave in 2 min 36 sec

i miss my FOmar
i have to start agean
now i will mate manige better and us 250 power mates lol

GuerillaPimp
May 7, 2003, 12:23 PM
ever since the dc days ive always played with a melee/ranged character. RAmar and HUmar on DC, HUmar and HUnewearl on GC, and HUmar and FOmar on Xbox. So actually getting my hands dirty while still casting S/D/Reverser is almost like second nature. Not to mention i almost always solo online or offline so i know how to take care of myself. I also agree with the guy above who said sumthin about HUnters casting J/Z cuz they can take the hit without getting slapped to the ground

HighElf9310
May 7, 2003, 04:06 PM
If you are loosing TP that quick i suggest you go find or trade for a double saber which steals tp.

I had one in the DC version and it worked really well. I have a mind brand and a soul lockgun being kept till I can use them, I also have really high lvl techs that kill in 1-2 hits...so that may be sucking a bit of my TP out..lol

-Scope

Tulathis
May 7, 2003, 05:13 PM
Post here what you have on your force, to make him/her seem like they're on steroids.

Anduril (153 FOmar)
Holy Ray (0/0/35/0/45)
Red Saber (0/30/40/40)
Rainbow Baton (0/0/40/50/60)
Aura Field
God/Battle
God/Power
God/Luck
Hero/Ability
Secret Gear
Rati (5/125/70/0)

Aeris651
May 8, 2003, 12:59 AM
Anduril (153 FOmar)
Holy Ray (0/0/35/0/45)
Red Saber (0/30/40/40)
Rainbow Baton (0/0/40/50/60)
Aura Field
God/Battle
God/Power
God/Luck
Hero/Ability
Secret Gear
Rati (5/125/70/0)

Eeeeep! 45 hit Holy Ray and 60 baton i want!

SyxxPakk5
May 8, 2003, 02:43 AM
-Rilyania- (157 FOmarl)
Holy Ray (25/10/0/0)
Mind Vulcan (20/0/0/0/50)
BringersRifle
VirusWear:Lafuteria
God/Body
God/Ability
God/Ability
God/Battle
Safety Heart/Ricos Glasses
Pushan {Green)(35/55/50/60)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SyxxPakk5 on 2003-05-08 00:44 ]</font>

magenta
May 8, 2003, 05:20 AM
i consider myself the original melee fo heh ive been doing it since the days of ver1 on dc anyways

reaaallllyy....

i come back to take a peek.
and i see alisha trying to sneak my crown away.

i AM the ORIGINAL tanking force , kent, iceblink, kodiax, watashiwa, danger gurl and many others know if http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.. or maybe ive become a forgotten legend.

nevertheless http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif cmere alisha.. lemme put you on my knee for some red bottom spanking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

countdown to uk xbox pso release http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif..ill be back

IceBlink
May 8, 2003, 05:31 AM
I just KNEW Maggy would come back when this topic was shown. XD

Yes, we all know about the Real Tanker! ^_^

magenta
May 8, 2003, 05:40 AM
hello old disciple. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

yeah i occasionally keep an eye out for trouble.

helping out lil forces against bad ol humars and rusty bots.. guiding them to be more insand and suicidal like Me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

soon as i get of a dern legal non-import copy ill be back, and practicing lots at this combat thing.

*polishes up old s-rank scythe*

speaking of ancient fomarl tankers.. whatever happened to lain, seven, and..and.. lyric http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magenta on 2003-05-08 03:42 ]</font>

IceBlink
May 8, 2003, 05:54 AM
Unfortunately, not a word of lain.

Seven is currently retired at the moment, but makes her appearances in flash movies by Rhete Productions. XD

Lyric is level 21 and still levelling. No materials used, but planned to be a tanking FOmarl! ^_^

I need to find her a double saber and get a s-rank twin... ^_^;

Helios
May 8, 2003, 12:14 PM
a melee force is a force that can hold it's own in combat with or without techs

magenta
May 9, 2003, 05:32 AM
Unfortunately, not a word of lain.

ohhh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Seven is currently retired at the moment, but makes her appearances in flash movies by Rhete Productions. XD

shes doing porn films http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif... she was so sweet and innocent then, who wouldve known http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lyric is level 21 and still levelling. No materials used, but planned to be a tanking FOmarl! ^_^

only lv21.. you dont love your Force enough mr blinky.