PDA

View Full Version : Force or Ranger? - Please Help -

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 07:54 PM
I've been playing now for a week or so am having a problem deciding which to focus on Force or Ranger?

I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion or the pros and cons of Force and Ranger.

my reason for asking is, I can't tell which one does more damage and choosing one will help when feeding my Mag( little robot).

any help/opinion is appreciated

Anduril
Feb 10, 2013, 07:58 PM
Force is pretty much the best mob clearer in the game since it has the most effective AoE attacks of any class combined with skills that help deal with PP management. Ranger, thanks to skills like Weak Bullet, is effective for fighting bosses and has decent mob clearing capabilities thanks to the launcher; it also leads into Gunner which is the most effective boss killing class.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 08:09 PM
Force is pretty much the best mob clearer in the game since it has the most effective AoE attacks of any class combined with skills that help deal with PP management. Ranger, thanks to skills like Weak Bullet, is effective for fighting bosses and has decent mob clearing capabilities thanks to the launcher; it also leads into Gunner which is the most effective boss killing class.
Can forces be considered a support class or is that the techer? How is a gunner most effective at killing bosses?

Thanks for replying

Anduril
Feb 10, 2013, 08:17 PM
The only really effective support Tech in this game is Resta since Shifta and Deband only last a short while, but, yes, Techer is more suited to "support" since it has skills that boost support techs.
Gunners are effective at boss killing because they have skills like Chain Trigger and Chain Finish that greatly increase damage on a single target and have PAs that deal out high damage in a short amount of time; couple that with a subclass as Ranger to get a hold of Weak Bullet and Weak Hit Advance, you get really big numbers on single enemies. For example, when fighting Big Vardha the other day, I did nearly 20K damage per hit with Lv10 Elder Rebellion using my +10 Lambda Radeigle, with Weak Bullet on his chest, a Chain count of 91, my Chain Finish at lv5, while not having performed a Just Attack.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 08:24 PM
so I guess it comes down to choosing between clearing mobs or doing a lot of damage during boss battles. Would it be ideal to run as a Gunner and a Force for Techer as a subclass to help with the PP regeneration?

Scale of Judgment
Feb 10, 2013, 09:04 PM
Just stick to one class for leveling. As you progress in the levels. You will obtain new client orders that can level your other ones.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 09:19 PM
Just stick to one class for leveling. As you progress in the levels. You will obtain new client orders that can level your other ones.
Which do you think is faster at leveling?

Anduril
Feb 10, 2013, 09:27 PM
It comes down to what you feel suits you best. Subbing anything but Ranger as Gunner takes away some of the class' effectiveness since you miss out on Weak Bullet and Weak Hit Advance, and relegating Force to a sub class to anything but Techer reduces the effectiveness of Techs since you lose out on T-ATK, but it's not to say that these kinds of combinations are without merit or inferior.
Since this is really all about your Mag, just keep in mind that in the long run the stats you give your Mag only really effect how soon you can equip some weapons and units, and in many cases your natural stats will be enough to equip most weapons and units no matter what class you end up switching to. So, I have to agree with Scale's suggestion of just picking one to level up as your main and using COs to level the others, but make sure it is a combat style you enjoy.

Which do you think is faster at leveling?
All classes level at the same rate, so that really just comes down to your play style, ie. solo v. party, participating in MPAs, doing COs.

Scale of Judgment
Feb 10, 2013, 09:30 PM
Leveling itself isn't too hard. Choose moreso the playstyle of the classes you have and play them to their full extent. Some people like rangers and some people like forces.

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2013, 09:33 PM
I'd go with force....

Ranger would be rifle support on bosses, launchers on mobs till you unlock gunner then just rebellion everything.... basically. But skilltree-wise with ranger most people focus on rifle because weakbullet is sick-nasty!

Force is just mindless nuking and some resta thrown in, but effective in all scenarios, Just pick an element. Usually lightning or fire. Dunno much about techer other than "GET the PP SAVE OR that ONE OTHER THINGIE!"

Otherwise whatever you find fun.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 09:45 PM
okay so choose force to killl a lot of mobs at once or choose Ranger if I want to do a lot of damage to the bosses. But it's the mag that will most likely decide which class I play.

thank you Anduril and Scale of Judgment

do all races regenerate pp at the same speed? or does it depend on the class?

blace
Feb 10, 2013, 09:47 PM
As Techer, you can invest points into PP restore which increases PP gain. For Gunner thy have Attack PP Restorate which improves how much PP is recovered from attacking.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 09:49 PM
I'd go with force....

Ranger would be rifle support on bosses, launchers on mobs till you unlock gunner then just rebellion everything.... basically. But skilltree-wise with ranger most people focus on rifle because weakbullet is sick-nasty!

Force is just mindless nuking and some resta thrown in, but effective in all scenarios, Just pick an element. Usually lightning or fire. Dunno much about techer other than "GET the PP SAVE OR that ONE OTHER THINGIE!"

Otherwise whatever you find fun.
That was the reason that I played force, I loved the nonstop spamming of AOE and the large amount of damage.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 09:50 PM
As Techer, you can invest points into PP restore which increases PP gain. For Gunner thy have Attack PP Restorate which improves how much PP is recovered from attacking.
so do you think it's a good idea to run techer as a subclass?

blace
Feb 10, 2013, 10:02 PM
Doesn't help as much as Force. Can't recall the name of the skill, but it allows your PP to recharge when you use a PA/tech or charging a tech.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 10:05 PM
Doesn't help as much as Force. Can't recall the name of the skill, but it allows your PP to recharge when you use a PA/tech or charging a tech.
Tf I were to use force or Techer as a subclass than would a be a good idea to just charge resta?

blace
Feb 10, 2013, 10:10 PM
Force for raw damage with techs and Techer for its boosted support abilities towards Resta. It's up to you on which you would prefer. I would probably go with Force due to ease of access, meaning no need to unlock it, but having played as a Techer, it's not really all that beneficial, unless you want the S-ATK and S-DEF boost as a subclass.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 10:46 PM
Ok if you main Fo, sub techer. techer gives PP regen skills and boosts to damage from elemental weaknesses. With PP restorate and PP convert you can spam techs non stop for short bursts. Alternatively you can sub fighter for a big boost in damage from stances at the cost of PP regen skills. Gunner's only good sub is Ranger. WB trumps anything any other class can give gunner, hands down.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 10:56 PM
Ok if you main Fo, sub techer. techer gives PP regen skills and boosts to damage from elemental weaknesses. With PP restorate and PP convert you can spam techs non stop for short bursts. Alternatively you can sub fighter for a big boost in damage from stances at the cost of PP regen skills. Gunner's only good sub is Ranger. WB trumps anything any other class can give gunner, hands down.
So for Fo sub Te, for Gu sub Ra.
What is WB?

Anduril
Feb 10, 2013, 10:58 PM
Weak Bullet

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 11:01 PM
Weak Bullet
Weak Bullet is the one that locks on to a part of the mob and everyone can hit it? And the chain attack for Ra only applys to you?

Blackheart521
Feb 10, 2013, 11:06 PM
Weak Bullet is the one that locks on to a part of the mob and everyone can hit it? And the chain attack for Ra only applys to you?

Weak Bullet basically makes the spot on the enemy that it affects a temporary Weak Spot, it creates a red crosshair on the spot and makes that spot take considerably more damage for everyone.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 11:18 PM
Well Chain Trigger(CT) is a Gu skill. WB is a Ra skill. It doesn't lock on but it marks a spot on an enemy and leads to 3x damage for anyone who hits that mark. Anyone in your party and even in the MPA sees and benefits from that mark. The damage boost is best applied to a weak point because it applies that damage boost in proportion to the damage that the point would already take.

CT allows you to build a combo using normal attacks and then use a PA to finish the combo. The higher the number, the bigger the bonus to damage. At 100 hits you do 500% damage for ~1 second which is enough for 1 fast PA. The damage from this works with WB resulting in 1500% damage not including any other damage bonuses. It's exceedingly brutal.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 11:30 PM
Thank you SociableTyrannosaur

do the mags really have a strong influence on the class?
I really like both Ra and Fo so the mag desides it.

Anduril
Feb 10, 2013, 11:31 PM
Like I mentioned earlier, in the long run Mags just effect how soon you can equip certain weapons and units. That 150 of a stat makes less difference than the multipliers from skills and PAs.

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 11:34 PM
ok so the mags give a little boost? Or are they the only way to use the best weapons/armor?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 11:36 PM
Thank you SociableTyrannosaur

do the mags really have a strong influence on the class?
I really like both Ra and Fo so the mag desides it.

You feed your mag and tailor it to your class. Dont just feed it whatever you like. Pick your class and then feed your mag accordingly. Mags dont add to your damage much but they allow you access to better equipment which DOES increase your damage. With a poorly raised mag you'll have to rely on just your levels and skill trees for what you can equip. This can drastically cripple your damage, so plan accordingly.

blace
Feb 10, 2013, 11:36 PM
Say, for example, you have a weapon that requires 300 S-ATK to equip, your current S-ATK stat is at 295. If your mag isn't at level 150 yet and you don't want to spend the time to level yourself in order to use it, you can feed your mag melee weapons to get the 5 extra points in S-ATK. They help in letting you be able to use equipment sooner, as well as allowing you use a PB based on what you're raising it as.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 10, 2013, 11:39 PM
What's your race btw?

- Fink -
Feb 10, 2013, 11:45 PM
I was thinking of being a newman because it has much more tech when lv 55. And the human only has 10 more points in range maxed out. so i can switch between.

So feed the mag to help the class? So have it a pure tech or range (which ever one) atk? or add some def stat to the mag?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 11, 2013, 12:25 AM
If you really wanna switch around, then yeah go human. But Newman is the best techer bar none. As a newman, run female for better stats and make a mag that's 80% t atk and 20% t def.

That's my recommendation.

Anduril
Feb 11, 2013, 01:52 AM
Female Newman is not too shabby for Gunner/Ranger; that 5 point R-ATK difference is not that significant. If you like Force, but still want to dabble in Ranger, Female Newman is probably the best way to go.

*This shining endorsement of the superiority of Female Newmen, or Newearls, is completely and totally unbiased; no, seriously, no bias at all. Please pay no attention to my signature. I said don't look at it!*

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 11, 2013, 02:32 AM
That's true, I forgot that the human/newman r atk diff was was almost nonexistant.

- Fink -
Feb 11, 2013, 10:20 AM
When it comes to techniques, when you find does it become a larger attack at lv 11 or does it just become more powerful?

blace
Feb 11, 2013, 10:53 AM
There's no animation differences, only increase in power and PP used for it.

Coatl
Feb 11, 2013, 12:53 PM
Gibarta actually has increased range at lv11+.
Anti and Megiverse have shorter charge times as they level. I can't think of any other techs that are "buffed" at lv11+ off the top of my head.

holmwood
Feb 11, 2013, 01:04 PM
Which one would give you a better DPS in the end?

Gu/Ra or Fo/Te? ^^;

Coatl
Feb 11, 2013, 01:08 PM
Ranger or gunner for high dps against bosses.
Force or Techer for high dps against monster spawns.
Hunter or Fighter to get a little bit of both.

There's no bestest best class.

Du1337
Feb 11, 2013, 03:38 PM
huh... i just read the races have different stats? i thought it didnt matter wich class to pick....

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

UnLucky
Feb 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah if you want to be Force, you gotta be a Newearl.

GtSaiyaMan
Feb 11, 2013, 03:55 PM

well said sir... My preference is/has always been a Hunter though..

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 11, 2013, 04:32 PM
huh... i just read the races have different stats? i thought it didnt matter wich class to pick....

Where did you hear that? of course they have different stats. Different sexes have different stats too. Thing is most people say the difference isn't worth noting, but that "fact" is always in a state of flux. If you want to get the most out of a class though, it's female newman for force/techer, female cast for ranger/gunner and male cast for hunter/fighter

UnLucky
Feb 11, 2013, 04:37 PM
But even the second worst mismatch, HUnewman, isn't quite nearly as bad as FOcast.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 11, 2013, 04:45 PM
that's true

Du1337
Feb 11, 2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Du1337

Where did you hear that? of course they have different stats. Different sexes have different stats too. Thing is most people say the difference isn't worth noting, but that "fact" is always in a state of flux. If you want to get the most out of a class though, it's female newman for force/techer, female cast for ranger/gunner and male cast for hunter/fighter

I think I read that any race can be any class... and made that think they were all the same. thank u for clearing that.