PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Combination Possible?

Nikoshae
Feb 11, 2013, 01:40 PM
Hiya, I was wondering if this weapon combination was possible when multiclassing:

Doublesabers, Wired Lances, Twin Machineguns (or Gunslash). Wouldn't mind being able to use Twin Daggers as well.

I ask because I love Doublesabers, and having a ranged weapon is darned handy for some fights. I am absolutely in love with the Wired Lances as well. If I can use all three weapons with whatever class combination that'd be awesome.

I'll be sad if I have to give up my Wired Lances, though lol ... I've been enjoying that style.

Anduril
Feb 11, 2013, 01:45 PM
Once you go Fighter and have subclasses unlocked, you can sub as a Hunter and still use the PAs for Wired Lances, but you are pretty much limited to using Lambda Hyperion (not to say its a bad weapon, it's just that it requires 345 DEX to equip, so it may take a bit of time for you to be able to equip it). Gunslash is more viable than Twin Mechs just because every class has access to its PAs.

EDIT: A brief primer on Subclasses.
Once you unlock the ability to use a subclass (hit level 20, complete Koffie's Client Order), you only gain certain things from your subclass; specifically 20% of its stats (scaling) and access to the class' Skill Tree and Photon Arts. Unfortunately, you cannot use the subclass' weapons unless they are specific weapons that can equipped by all classes (such as the previously mentioned Lambda Hyperion).

Seravi Edalborez
Feb 11, 2013, 01:47 PM
Hunter uses Sword, Wired Lance, and Partizan.
Fighter uses Double Saber, Twin Dagger, and Knuckle.
By going FI/HU you get the best of Fighter's weapon choices and a strong ensemble of all-class Hunter weapons (though the good all-class W.Lance, Lambda Hyperion, is extremely expensive).

TMG is a Gunner-only thing and you do not ever want to cross-class for this specifically if you're serious about Hunter and Fighter. It's not worth it. Neither is using Gunslash for the shooting aspect. You would be better off combating aerial enemies with melee weapons. Twin Daggers are pretty much made for this role, but Sword/Part/D.Saber have some rising PAs as well.

Nikoshae
Feb 11, 2013, 01:51 PM
Good to know!

I mostly love the Wired Lances for their range and the grab and toss shenanigans. Plus they just look so cool when attacking.

I've had a lot of fun jumping up, and snatching a bird enemy out from the air to bring it down lol