PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Huney Build

jnblz316
Feb 13, 2013, 09:31 AM
I remember the one class I had a blast with in the good old PSO was a Huney. They were just so diverse and fun to play with out of the Hunter group. Level 20 S/D J/Z, pretty good ATP with the buffs and can play decent support if no force was in the party. Now I wanted to try and recreate a Huney and step 1 is a female Newmn. The rest I will need some input on. I know I'll probably have to go with a Hunter or fighter with a techer secondary class. Now my question would be what should I do as far as skill trees are concerned. I'm thinking of rolling with Swords/Partisans and I would love to use Double Sabers but I think that's in the fighter class. So I guess I'll have to make a decision on that later. Would a fighter go better with a techer as a secondary or would a hunter work when it comes to trying to replicate a Huney? Any input would be appreciated.

Thank all

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 09:37 AM
Eh...really I'd say go with Fi/Fo for a hunewearl build. Better attack tech options, better damage all around. doublesabers and twin daggers (hunewearl's signature weapon). The only benefit from techer is mildly better support and slightly higher S def, but not enough that you'd really notice.

jnblz316
Feb 13, 2013, 09:58 AM
Eh...really I'd say go with Fi/Fo for a hunewearl build. Better attack tech options, better damage all around. doublesabers and twin daggers (hunewearl's signature weapon). The only benefit from techer is mildly better support and slightly higher S def, but not enough that you'd really notice.

Makes sense and in order to unlock Fighter do I need to max Hunter at 30? Or is there a quest that unlocks the fighter? Also what should I go with as far as the skill trees go?

Coatl
Feb 13, 2013, 09:59 AM

If all the all-class Force weapons weren't garbage (except Umbra rod) then maybe I'd say FI/FO is a good alternative.
But if you are running FI/caster, tech damage should not be your first concern. It is of course useful to have a good all-class force weapon as a side-arm. Things like deband cut, territory burst and an arrange of other things serve FI and other people in the MP better in my opinion if you sub techer.

I actually tried HU/TE first before I tried FI/TE. It could just be me, but it felt pretty clunky while FI/TE feels just right. As hunter you heal for less and you can forget about doing good tech damage, as apposed to fighter. You are, however, the tankiest combination in the game. HU/TE's pretty much the holy paladin of PSO2.

Makes sense and in order to unlock Fighter do I need to max Hunter at 30? Or is there a quest that unlocks the fighter? Also what should I go with as far as the skill trees go?

You need hunter at lv30 before unlocking the quest to unlock fighter.

Maronji
Feb 13, 2013, 09:59 AM

You unlock two client orders at Hunter Lv30 that will unlock Fighter.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 11:19 AM
If all the all-class Force weapons weren't garbage (except Umbra rod) then maybe I'd say FI/FO is a good alternative.
But if you are running FI/caster, tech damage should not be your first concern. It is of course useful to have a good all-class force weapon as a side-arm. Things like deband cut, territory burst and an arrange of other things serve FI and other people in the MP better in my opinion if you sub techer.

I actually tried HU/TE first before I tried FI/TE. It could just be me, but it felt pretty clunky while FI/TE feels just right. As hunter you heal for less and you can forget about doing good tech damage, as apposed to fighter. You are, however, the tankiest combination in the game. HU/TE's pretty much the holy paladin of PSO2.

You need hunter at lv30 before unlocking the quest to unlock fighter.

A) Fi/Fo is closer to Hune which is what he was asking.

B) territory burst as it is is something that only helps zondeel/megiverse at this point. it's not bad for this but the trade off is much lower tech power and when you have to flip classes to level Te/Fi will feel very clunky due to lack of PP charge revival. Not to mention having to level Fo to 30 to unlock techer anyway.

C) Deband Cut isn't bad but I'd hardly say it's a good reason to pick te over fo. Infact if TB and DC are the only remotely valid reasons to sub Te, it's not worth it. Running Fi/Fo will let you flip the script and run Fo/Fi later too when you're out to level Fo which is effectively this game's Fonewearl and is the best burst damage a Fo can get. Also see B.

TheDeFiler
Feb 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
A) Fi/Fo is closer to Hune which is what he was asking.

B) territory burst as it is is something that only helps zondeel/megiverse at this point. it's not bad for this but the trade off is much lower tech power and when you have to flip classes to level Te/Fi will feel very clunky due to lack of PP charge revival. Not to mention having to level Fo to 30 to unlock techer anyway.

C) Deband Cut isn't bad but I'd hardly say it's a good reason to pick te over fo. Infact if TB and DC are the only remotely valid reasons to sub Te, it's not worth it. Running Fi/Fo will let you flip the script and run Fo/Fi later too when you're out to level Fo which is effectively this game's Fonewearl and is the best burst damage a Fo can get. Also see B.

Sorry apparently my account was disabled randomly so I created a new account. So what I should do it level Hunter to 30, unlock Fighter, level up fighter with force as a secondary then swap to level up force. What about the S/D and J/Z improvements that Techer gives you? Would it be wasted of a secondary just to get those improvements? Are the improvements through the skill tree minimal at best? Also, Should I then raise two mags (one for hunter, other for foce)? Or should I stick with my Strike Mag that I have planned?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
J/Z don't exist in this game. the boost that techer gives to S/D at current end game only give a 2% overall boost to performance. not worth the investment.

Deband Cut, a skill Coatl mentioned is a bit different. it's fairly good as a defensive buff the problem is buffs only last a minute at max and buff ranges are significantly smaller than they were in PSO so it's very hard to maintain buffs in a group.

Mag wise I'd say start out with a Striking mag. if you feel Fo/Fi is a class you'd like to play outside of leveling then make a tech mag too. I'd say raise both but also unlike PSO mags aren't drops. you have to buy them with real money - it's the only way to get them so you have to decide what that's worth to you.

TheDeFiler
Feb 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
J/Z don't exist in this game. the boost that techer gives to S/D at current end game only give a 2% overall boost to performance. not worth the investment.

Deband Cut, a skill Coatl mentioned is a bit different. it's fairly good as a defensive buff the problem is buffs only last a minute at max and buff ranges are significantly smaller than they were in PSO so it's very hard to maintain buffs in a group.

Mag wise I'd say start out with a Striking mag. if you feel Fo/Fi is a class you'd like to play outside of leveling then make a tech mag too. I'd say raise both but also unlike PSO mags aren't drops. you have to buy them with real money - it's the only way to get them so you have to decide what that's worth to you.

Ok makes sense so I'll go with a Fighter/Force build. It's a shame that Sega made the buffs so short. It kind of makes a support force kind of useless or I could be wrong but that's the feeling I'm getting. When I pick force as my secondary will it level also? Or do I need to make it my primary class in order to level it?

UnLucky
Feb 13, 2013, 01:42 PM
Supporting anyone but yourself or those who go out of their way to grab your buffs is a pain and a half. Also since positioning is all wonky with latency, you can stand right on top of people and still miss.

Sub classes don't gain exp. Only your main.

I would also vote for FI/FO. Simply more damage overall, and Fighter has more base T-Atk. Better weapon too, but you don't get a Sword, which I hear got buffed. Coatl is not wrong in that HU/TE can be extremely tanky if you spec for it, but you sacrifice a lot of power to get there.

Coatl
Feb 13, 2013, 02:32 PM
It's true that HU/TE will have significantly less dps than FI/TE.
It's a niche class combination as it stands now, but I'd still say it's viable for some occassions.

TheDeFiler
Feb 13, 2013, 04:38 PM
It's true that HU/TE will have significantly less dps than FI/TE.
It's a niche class combination as it stands now, but I'd still say it's viable for some occassions.

Now with dual classes do you get the full 65 SP per class or it it 65 to split between both classes?

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 13, 2013, 05:30 PM
per class

TheDeFiler
Feb 13, 2013, 06:14 PM
per class

Gotcha thanks.

TheDeFiler
Feb 14, 2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I was messing around with the skill calculator and came up with this. If you have any input please feel free:

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn00 0000febrbsObosSIbcn0000Ib00000ib0000nbI22S4XcCfhnI k0009b00000f

Figured I use some tech casting from time to time and change it up a bit.

UnLucky
Feb 14, 2013, 03:39 PM
You would do so so so soso much better with the points taken from Brave/Wise Critical and putting them into the stance skills themselves.

And consider putting more into Flame S Charge and Bolt PP Save, for faster and cheaper techs respectively. They'll make techs a lot more usable for you than either some extra damage or a larger PP pool, though the PP Up would help a bit more for the melee aspect of your build.

TheDeFiler
Feb 14, 2013, 04:27 PM
You would do so so so soso much better with the points taken from Brave/Wise Critical and putting them into the stance skills themselves.

And consider putting more into Flame S Charge and Bolt PP Save, for faster and cheaper techs respectively. They'll make techs a lot more usable for you than either some extra damage or a larger PP pool, though the PP Up would help a bit more for the melee aspect of your build.

Awesome! Thanks for the input. I readjusted:

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn00 0000febHoGBboGKIbcn0000Ib00000ib00004OIFdxqncCfhNc K0009b00000f

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 14, 2013, 05:15 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the input. I readjusted:

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn00 0000febHoGBboGKIbcn0000Ib00000ib00004OIFdxqncCfhNc K0009b00000f

this is a bit better. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn00 0000febHoGBboGKIbcn0000Ib00000ib00004OI22XIxjbncAI w0007b00000f) the PP up skills are a waste. 10 SP for 10PP is a bad trade. a good armor/weapon set can give you over 150PP on their own.

UnLucky
Feb 14, 2013, 05:28 PM
"a good set" more like "a rare set with PP per piece and a PP set bonus"

without the wings set you'd have like 120-130PP, and nowhere else to get more PP

if you wanted to completely throw away the Force side and don't care about tech damage, getting PP Up would help the Fighter side more. but if you wanted to ever be a standalone Force, the Tech Advances and Masteries are way better.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 14, 2013, 06:01 PM
even common sets give PP bonuses and there are lots of 9* sets that give you 25(total) just for equipping them and cost less than 100K per part. In many cases people are nearly giving them away.

If you threw gwana/quartz soul on them each with spirita I that'd be an extra 9-12 for the armor alone. and another 3-4 for the weapons

TheDeFiler
Feb 15, 2013, 11:53 AM
this is a bit better. (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?03qAbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIk0lbIn00 0000febHoGBboGKIbcn0000Ib00000ib00004OI22XIxjbncAI w0007b00000f) the PP up skills are a waste. 10 SP for 10PP is a bad trade. a good armor/weapon set can give you over 150PP on their own.

Looks like a good build to me but why not just max out Tech JA Advance instead of wasting the last point on Bolt or Flame Master 2?

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2013, 12:20 PM
Looks like a good build to me but why not just max out Tech JA Advance instead of wasting the last point on Bolt or Flame Master 2?
The single point in a new Mastery is an additional x1.05 multiplier on that element's damage. Having an extra point in Tech JA instead is +1% for all JA'd techs. It just works out to be a lot more for the same investment.

TheDeFiler
Feb 15, 2013, 02:06 PM
The single point in a new Mastery is an additional x1.05 multiplier on that element's damage. Having an extra point in Tech JA instead is +1% for all JA'd techs. It just works out to be a lot more for the same investment.

Ah gotcha. Where do you guys get these calculations lol

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 15, 2013, 03:23 PM
From the game and spending more time talking about the game plan playing the game for the last month or two.

KT <3
Feb 20, 2013, 05:37 AM
I like this idea of a Huney build, but does anyone have a good skill tree to use for the Hunter until I can get to the Fighter?