PDA

View Full Version : Only monitor shuts off

holmwood
Feb 13, 2013, 10:45 PM
Hello forumers,

I have been having a rather strange issue. It's only been happening recently when I'm playing PSO2.

Symptoms:
1) Monitor shuts down, but tower is running. I can even continue skype calls with the monitor off.
2) Eventviewer did not show any application problems.
3) Memtest revealed no bad Ram.
4) The temperature is around 40-50C even with the game running.
5) Video driver reinstall did nothing.
6) Cleaned out graphic card squeaky clean as well as the other computer parts.

Recommendations?
I was thinking about replacing the graphic card, but not sure its a bad graphic card.
Can't take it to an expert because I need the comp with me at all times for work.

Graphic card: Radeon HD 6700 series

And i5.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2013, 02:18 AM
Are you running the game in Fullscreen mode? I know that that causes problems with a lot of people, and switching to Virtual Fullscreen can help.

holmwood
Feb 14, 2013, 02:50 AM
Are you running the game in Fullscreen mode? I know that that causes problems with a lot of people, and switching to Virtual Fullscreen can help.

Will try.

Thank you.

Shinroh
Feb 14, 2013, 03:45 AM
I don't know about your card, but do have different output methods on it? I once got a faulty RGB slot on my card that did the same. Switching to DVI solved it.
My card itself said it had no problem, but advanced graphical games killed the RGB slot.

Aeris
Feb 15, 2013, 07:59 AM
40-50c, you got to be kidding me, the game does put a load on the gpu so thats normal unless its going like 70+c or higher or due to bad paste/dust or just in a hot place or the cooling vents have no room to push out hot air, also on some games when you use a gamepad, sometimes it thinks nobody is at the PC when you use one like its not knowing someone is there, i get that on playing emulation on mine so turn off the "turn off monitor in number of mins" in control panel to off.