PDA

View Full Version : Senility? Already?

Captain_Dude
Apr 1, 2003, 03:07 AM
This has been something driving me up the wall, I'm the first 14-year-old who has begun suffering from senility.

I'm more forgetful than any other member of my family, I often forget what words mean. Dyslexia is setting in... It's growing to the extent where I strongly believe I'm becomming senile...
I can't remember what I had for breakfast, I forget words like "Door" or "drink", I've got dyslexia, aphasia, paranoia, and other mental disorders.

This is bugging the crap out of me. Just last week I forgot my middle name!

STUPID BRAIN, WORK PROPERLY! *Attempts to kick his brain*

Saladwood
Apr 1, 2003, 03:45 AM
take ginko biloba?

MasterJoel
Apr 1, 2003, 06:28 PM
sooner or later, you will get used to the senility, i know i did... when i was 8, i was hit by a car and recieved minor brain damage to my short term memory... its been ten years, but here i am, forgetful as ever! and about that dyslexia? every time i have seen the word brain today (which is a lot more than i thought i would), i accidently think they spelled brian instead and had a typing issue. then i realized it was me... oops.

Subliminalgroove
Apr 1, 2003, 07:48 PM
That crap happened to me at your age. It will go away, mostly. I acctually went to a doctor because of it. She said it was just my hormones running rampant. I don't know if that was the case or if that was just a load of BS. At about 18 I began to be able to remember things easier.

Of course that was about when I started to lay off the drugs... so that might be it too.
you know what... disregard this post. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ness
Apr 1, 2003, 08:31 PM
Sometimes I confuse left and right. The most basic thing has become a challenge.

Captain_Dude
Apr 1, 2003, 11:43 PM
Heh, on the worst days, I'm developing trouble forming words... I'm mumbling soooo much... Bah, but hopefully it will get better...

I refuse to see a doctor about this, if god wants my IQ to revert to that of a 2-year-old, I'm sure as hell not gonna stop that. I might even take up smoking pot to help ease me throug/speed it up aswell. ^_^

SorceressofTime
Apr 2, 2003, 04:40 AM
On 2003-04-01 20:43, Captain_Dude wrote:
Heh, on the worst days, I'm developing trouble forming words... I'm mumbling soooo much... Bah, but hopefully it will get better...

join the club. i mumble all the time since i'm so god damn shy and lonely. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Captain_Dude
Apr 9, 2003, 07:23 AM
On 2003-04-02 01:40, SorceressofTime wrote:

On 2003-04-01 20:43, Captain_Dude wrote:

join the club. i mumble all the time since i'm so god damn shy and lonely. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'm shy and lonely aswell, but my mumbling can't be stopped...

You ever have a conversation with a friend or family member and suddenly all you can thin of saying is "mevvafnevvashmmml" or words to that effect? I have to deal with that all the time... Which could explain why I've never had me a girlie friend...
My pick up lines usually go something like "Hey, can I buy you... one a them things! Y'know the things... A DRINK!" or "Hey, did anyone ever tell you that... you're... Quite... *mumble* *mumble*," *she walks away* "BEAUTIFUL! That's the word I was looking for!"

Heh... A while ago my dyslexia caught up with me... While practicing acordion I managed to read the music backwards... Well... It sure sounded different... Hey, y'know if you play Let it Be backwards, you get messages from the devil?(heheh, kidding)

Hopefully my brain will ease itself into nothingness slowly enough for me to hold a concert and release a couple of albums. If I'm gonna be an idiot, I'm gonna be a rich one(and may become the president).

CaptainFatts
Apr 13, 2003, 03:23 PM
ive noticed that when im talking i suddenly get this surge to my brain where its like my brain just re-started itself.

i always seem to bite my tongue when this happens. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pixelate
Apr 13, 2003, 03:29 PM
Embrace being senile! Get a cane and a rocking chair, then sit by the sidewalk and yell at kids as they walk home from school.

Zero_Grey
Apr 15, 2003, 03:58 PM
You realy do get used to senality. I know i have, and my family has addapted, i can go on with things like "You know that show that has that guy?" and they know what i am talking about. However it can get tough i remember taking a US history midterm and through it trying to think of the word "tissue" and only being able to come up with kleenex, and i realy needed one too. Took me about 30 minutes to come up with the word. And that was when i was only... umm... uhh... (sits and thinks for 2 minutes)... about 16 and i am 19 now, or am i 18, oh dang. I seriously cant remember my own age lets see born... oh 19... now thats pathetic gee i wont have a brain around age 25 at this rate.

HotWaterDeath
Apr 15, 2003, 09:38 PM
I can't wait til' I'm senile and I can get one of those nifty moving carts at grocery stores and plow into a can food isle and act like nothing happened at all...some of us must wait to come of an old and "respectable" age to experience such wonders. Consider yourself lucky.

Zero_Grey
Apr 16, 2003, 08:15 PM
oh i work at a supermarket. those carts are so much fun, i heard that before i worked there late at night they used to race them in parking lot. sniff the new front end manager wont let us do that no more.

CajunSamurai
Apr 20, 2003, 06:20 AM
Heh, yeah, I think I also went through a bizarre phase where my brain decided to take a vacation for a year or two. For one, I've always been a bit of a writer, but for about a year my vocabulary suddenly went to HELL. It was bad bad not good very bad not good bad. But strangely, occasionally I'd have a day or two that I'd be freakin' SHARP. Something in my head would light up and I'd be in da bizone for maybe a day or two. I believe this was usually triggered by sleep deprivation... Give it a try! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif I'm not normally a particularly witty person, nor do I speak at a fast rate... but to this day, when I stay up for long amounts of time, I'll occasionally get into this "higher state of mind"... which I WISH I was in right now, 'cause I'm going into dufus-mode right now and better hit "Submit" before this all goes to hell. I think it all started with the word "bizone".

Oh yeah, point being... it's probably some kinda phase. I'm pretty sure that, either shortly before or after I turned 18, it got a whole lot better. Damn those crazy teenage years, damn them to hell! SERENITY NOW!!!
I'm going on 20 now and, although I'm reluctant so say so, I'm pretty sure that "'tard-mode" has been switched to "false" in my BIOS now. I'm open source and looking for developers, baby! I KNOW how to use my hard drive. WHOOOOO!

...Okay, time to submit this thing before I get myself killed...

Zero_Grey
Apr 21, 2003, 06:52 PM
canjunsamuri i have got to be reading that wrong cause in you sig it looks like you have 3 fonewaerls. Well your lucky to ocassionaly have brain work right, in a term paper for philosophy of religion i made two references to "The most perfectly conceivable burrito" though i must admit that was intentional. Oops just remembered that i have another term paper due... better do it.

UltimateEnigma
Apr 25, 2003, 11:08 PM
Of course that was about when I started to lay off the drugs... so that might be it too.
you know what... disregard this post.

shes hot...n was on drugs
::sees possible connection::
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif