PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Linux PSO2 Skype HELP :(

Meyfei
Feb 17, 2013, 11:08 PM
Ok i'm SERIOUSLY *bleep* at Microsoft and this is it. Fed up No more chances learn or fall behind in the gap.

Its a buncha whining crying and crap skip the spoiler and jump to the point if ya want.
[spoiler-box]
Right now my laptop is refusing my right to hear, speak, and play. That's right all of my most used rights. Why? a single call from skype ruined EVERYTHING. How? i dont know. Skype kept ringing after i force closed it, then another skype was in my task manager and wouldnt close. ANYWHO after 30mins of bullcrap reinstalls launching pso2 and such nothing changed. an hour passes by and i install a GFX and Audio driver WOO SUCC..... bullshit i go to activate my webcam's mic which is fine nothing wrong with it and then once again everything breaks.

Microsoft in general is the hitler, yes the HITLER, of the OS and Sell-outs-programs. Take everythign and slaughter the coding like useless piles of shit and sell it off to people stupid enough to support their onslaught.

I'm poor in general, i pirate windows OS's and NO WONDER they arnt worth the 500$ they plaster on the garbage. If my IT skills were legit, and i had a solid source of XP i'd get it goin in no time and even try getting linux group to assist even lead.
[/spoiler-box]

Enough gibberish TL : DC

I need help finding a easy to use Noob friendly Idiot proof Worthy Linux OS that can work PSO2 and Skype. If i come across other issues i'll request assistance but for now i want what i want in a PC. FREEDOM and USAGE! I'll be booting via PSP's USB/SD card did it twice before worked nicely.

Please please please :(

Specs:
4GB ram, AMD Phenom II X3 N830 processor (X3 = 3core) SUCKS!!
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4250 Sucks!!
320GB HDD (2nd one) GRRRR!!!
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n

general usage:
Gimp, PSO2, Skype, MSN, and a few games.

Meyfei
Feb 19, 2013, 04:47 AM
i managed to get skype to work on it, and PSO2 supposedly works in Wine but you gotta disable gameguard however too new to it so i havent tried that. Only issues im having is learning/know what to do, and audio drivers cause my sounds scratchy

grandmasterhack
Apr 29, 2013, 05:38 PM
I honestly havent had any Issues though it honestly sounds like your your is the problem & what Distro/ Version of Ubuntu are you using ( we might wanna start here ). I've tried out the benchmark tool & that seems to have worked well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJeBRF6lwc
I saw AIDA post about Game guard which could be a possible factor but I really dont think so, there are a lot of games that don't give you shit about running Linux because it puts out Windows XP/7 when you run via Wine. Looking at WineHq (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=14195), no one has tested it. I should try to get back with you on this after I try.

Finalzone
Jun 3, 2013, 01:10 AM
I honestly havent had any Issues though it honestly sounds like your your is the problem & what Distro/ Version of Ubuntu are you using ( we might wanna start here ). I've tried out the benchmark tool & that seems to have worked well.
I saw AIDA post about Game guard which could be a possible factor but I really dont think so, there are a lot of games that don't give you shit about running Linux because it puts out Windows XP/7 when you run via Wine. Looking at WineHq (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=14195), no one has tested it. I should try to get back with you on this after I try.

The benchmark version of Phantasy Star Online 2 can run on distro using Wine.
The issue is gameguard that need to directly access to hardware driver breaching the security policies of Linux distributions. SEGA of Japan if they wanted could look at crossplatform alternative like rewriting PSO2 code to support more than one system.

grandmasterhack
Jun 3, 2013, 01:14 AM
The benchmark version of Phantasy Star Online 2 can run on distro using Wine.
The issue is gameguard that need to directly access to hardware driver breaching the security policies of Linux distributions. SEGA of Japan if they wanted could look at crossplatform alternative like rewriting PSO2 code to support more than one system.
If it is accessing hardware drivers that's causing the issue then just use sudo or gksu but I still can't say if this is a fix for that since I have still not tried lol. OP should really post his specs & what distro he is using.