PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Steam to recognize PSO2?

Shugo17
Feb 18, 2013, 12:51 AM
Ok, so I've gone in and added PSO2 to steam via the "add non-Steam games" section, put the -pso2 after the quotes in the target box. But once the game itself actually loads, I can't access the Steam overlay, nor does it say I'm "in non-Steam game PSO2." How do I get it to recognize that yes, I am in game, and more importantly, how do I get it to allow me access to the steam overlay? (and yes, this is my first non-steam game, though I've seen friends in things like WOW, ect.)

Anduril
Feb 18, 2013, 03:13 AM
Did you make your target pso2.exe, or just leave it at the default path? I believe that Steam, by default, targets pso2launcher.exe and that it will not overlay with the game if it is started from the launcher, so you may have to change that.

Shugo17
Feb 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I changed the target based off of the
"C:\[PATH_TO_YOUR_GAME_HERE]\pso2.exe" -pso2 from for a shortcut on desktop. But the overlay still doesn't seem to work, nor can I get it to show I'm in game much longer than the load screen.

Anduril
Feb 19, 2013, 01:53 AM
I had it working a while ago, but I just tried it now, and doesn't seem to be working. Maybe it has to do with the recent Steam updates.

Shugo17
Feb 19, 2013, 11:21 PM
Ah, that could be it. I wonder if it'll get fixed, or if they would even care to try.

blace
Feb 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
I doubt Steam will try to get the overlay working on a game that is meant to be played in Japan.