PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 broken?

Swaggerjak
Feb 19, 2013, 10:52 PM
I patched, reinstalled english patches, and now when I click past the opening cinema is just gives me a black screen... what do?

Ezodagrom
Feb 19, 2013, 10:57 PM
I patched, reinstalled english patches, and now when I click past the opening cinema is just gives me a black screen... what do?
The previous version of the english patch doesn't work anymore, you'll need a new version of the english patch (when it's made). The servers are still in maintenance for a few hours, by then most likely there will be a new version of the patch.

blace
Feb 19, 2013, 10:59 PM
Don't use the patch, it's outdated. You should always check for an update before installing the patch.

You should take Louis Pasteur's words to heart as you are quoting him.

Klypto
Feb 19, 2013, 11:01 PM
It completely blows my mind that people still think that an old English patch will work with a new game up date.

Swaggerjak
Feb 19, 2013, 11:04 PM
Well, honestly... I've noticed they don't always update the date they put behind the patch on time (from a few of my experiences), but I also don't usually update this quickly. Fell prey to assumptions.

Thanks for clearing that up, though.

Zenobia
Feb 19, 2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah to be on the safe side try to wait like 10 to 20min before the servers go up to see if they updated there site with a new English patch or not saves you a lot of the frustration later.

blace
Feb 19, 2013, 11:49 PM
Yeah to be on the safe side try to wait like 10 to 20min before the servers go up to see if they updated there site with a new English patch or not saves you a lot of the frustration later.

Or wait a few days, there was a time the updated patch came out a few days after an update.

Menasthos
Feb 19, 2013, 11:51 PM
It's a community patch, noone have to give you anything. Usually, it's updated pretty fast in a few hours. IF not, wait.

Zenobia
Feb 20, 2013, 12:12 AM
Or wait a few days, there was a time the updated patch came out a few days after an update.

Touche and nice piggyback clrly forgot about that one moment lol.

Faiyez
Feb 20, 2013, 12:30 AM
You guys might wanna to know the black screen issue is independent from the English patch, more likely to be caused by servers being down.

blace
Feb 20, 2013, 12:38 AM
I can launch the game just fine without it, it's the patch that is causing it.

DS23
Feb 20, 2013, 01:33 AM
Whenever there's an update...

Du1337
Feb 20, 2013, 07:25 AM
The servers are up. Just use the THIS FILE and not the LARGER FILES... 2nd threat about this alrdy.

Swaggerjak
Feb 20, 2013, 07:09 PM
People answered my question, yet more follow up with responses to continue making myself feel stupid. Thanks guys. hahah