PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 "Walking Together" Update Video Posted

Maronji
Feb 21, 2013, 03:25 AM
Looks like the official channel posted the new update video for (what I assume to be) next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mh6QQ4TQUw

Anyway, holy crap Chrome Dragon looks mean.

blace
Feb 21, 2013, 03:28 AM
I just hope the Chrome Dragon doesn't pop up as he pleases, the Vita controls are cramping.

EvilMag
Feb 21, 2013, 03:36 AM
I want the Guardians Uniform!

ArcaneTechs
Feb 21, 2013, 03:41 AM
my vita is ready

Blackheart521
Feb 21, 2013, 03:42 AM
Chrome Dragon looks gigantic when it's standing on it's hind legs

TehblackUchiha
Feb 21, 2013, 03:43 AM
ANDVANCED QUESTS FOR TUNDRA, MINES AND FLYING CONTINENT ARE COMING. GET DEM PROXENE WEAPONS READY

blace
Feb 21, 2013, 03:47 AM
I just realised something, isn't the Chrome Dragon available on the Vita blocks on release? I can see the blocks being filled up with more PC players than Vita, unless they addressed that issue.

Blackheart521
Feb 21, 2013, 03:48 AM
I just realised something, isn't the Chrome Dragon available on the Vita blocks on release? I can see the blocks being filled up with more PC players than Vita, unless they addressed that issue.

I think PC players won't be able to join the purely Vita Blocks come the 28th. ^^;

blace
Feb 21, 2013, 03:49 AM
I think PC players won't be able to join the purely Vita Blocks come the 28th. ^^;
Vita only blocks for a while? I can live with that.

TehblackUchiha
Feb 21, 2013, 03:49 AM

there are vita exclusive blocks so i think they will be straight :P. Also im not sure if you actually have to do the story mission to fight chrome dragon anywhere else or just play with a vita player. Either way i got a vita so im good :D

Resanoca
Feb 21, 2013, 03:50 AM
Wasn't it said that once a PC player gets Chrome via Vita blocks and then goes to PC blocks it could start spreading through PC's blocks?

So I mean, Vita player gets Chrome > moves to PC&Vita > PC player gets the code > then spreads it to PC blocks.

blace
Feb 21, 2013, 03:52 AM
Wasn't it said that once a PC player gets Chrome via Vita blocks and then goes to PC blocks it could start spreading through PC's blocks?

So I mean, Vita player gets Chrome, then moves to PC&Vita, PC player gets the code, then it spreads to PC blocks.
That's one way to get the Vita to sell.

Blackheart521
Feb 21, 2013, 03:53 AM

Yeah, but they have to play with Vita players in one of the 5 "Vita/PC" blocks, they can't play on the Vita blocks

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 21, 2013, 03:53 AM
Blue Rappy Suit

Where is Green

Resanoca
Feb 21, 2013, 03:54 AM
Blue Rappy Suit

Where is GreenGreen rappies. I think they'd need to be put down if it came to that. >:

Also, AQs Iceburg - Sky Lands. Yay. :3

Another thing! Flying through a heart shape. Love it.

Blackheart521
Feb 21, 2013, 03:55 AM
Blue Rappy Suit

Where is Green

Christmas 2013 :-P

Resanoca
Feb 21, 2013, 03:56 AM
Christmas 2013 :-PNah. Those would be red, I believe.

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2013, 04:41 AM
Let's review:
New content that does not require RNG to access
New weapons that do not require RNG to get (granted, they're reskins, but they're "crafted" weapons so I'm totally cool with it)
New boss
New story stuff
New units look awesome and none are reskins
I get to look like a fat airline pilot

jesus fuck this update is amazing

mailsonds
Feb 21, 2013, 04:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mh6QQ4TQUw

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/06/image/ss_01_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/06/image/ss_02_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/06/image/ss_03_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/06/image/ss_04_l.jpg

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20130228/06/image/ss_05_l.jpg

Xaeris
Feb 21, 2013, 05:15 AM
Oh, a Dragonslayer. That's nifty. Man, Sega must be saving so much on art through recycling.

Renvalt
Feb 21, 2013, 05:24 AM
Oh, a Dragonslayer. That's nifty. Man, Sega must be saving so much on art through recycling.

Who went and pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Btw, sounds like this dragon may be a glutton. And my theory is proven right - Mankind desires to conquer and enslave all they touch. No surprise then, that the Chrome Dragon/Haze Draal mimics this.

Also the oufits are goo--MIKU GTFO OF MY PSO!

Z-0
Feb 21, 2013, 05:33 AM
I'm assuming 6th of March, because that is when the scratch rotates.

dRage
Feb 21, 2013, 05:34 AM
Did I see a scouter headgear at 1:42? So many over 9000 jokes just waiting to happen >.>

Alisha
Feb 21, 2013, 05:35 AM
looks like 3 new advance quests. tundra mines and floating continent

Xaeris
Feb 21, 2013, 05:38 AM
Who went and pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Btw, sounds like this dragon may be a glutton. And my theory is proven right - Mankind desires to conquer and enslave all they touch. No surprise then, that the Chrome Dragon/Haze Draal mimics this.

Erm, no one? Do you not think it's accurate to say that the amount of recycled equipment art is higher in PSO2 than any of its predecessors? It's not necessarily bad, since those games had some spiffy looking weapons, but they're definitely putting out less original designs.

fires2dust
Feb 21, 2013, 05:55 AM
oAo

...I want that feather clip...
And the Chrome Dragon, dayum... I can't wait to fight him A__A

Xaeris
Feb 21, 2013, 05:57 AM
Soaring through the sky on catapults is good fun. Loved it in story mode.

Zorafim
Feb 21, 2013, 05:59 AM
PSO2 also has the most opportunity to recycle weapons, since it's the third online series, and has has an impressive list of weapons. I can't speak for anyone else, but I rarely run across anyone using a recycled skin. More often than not, I find myself wishing that I was using one.

And yes, that feather clip. If only it came in fin flavor... Though, it might fit Zofael nicely, if I ever got the motivation to make an alt.

Laxedrane
Feb 21, 2013, 07:10 AM
Erm, no one? Do you not think it's accurate to say that the amount of recycled equipment art is higher in PSO2 than any of its predecessors? It's not necessarily bad, since those games had some spiffy looking weapons, but they're definitely putting out less original designs.

I don't think it's any worse then Post dropping ps2 support PSU. In Fact PSU was worse with Guardian premium missions being stocked almost 60-80% of a rotation by PSO and PSZ Weapons.(And if you really want to be picky about it PSP weapons but I think we can agree those don't count since psp was a direct sequel)

It's really a catch 22. They come up with new ideas for weapons and all we read on the forums is, "Those mechs are really nice and will hold me over until Guild Milla come out." etc

It's what people want, and if they didn't give it people would still complain about it and it's easier on them. Win win right?

I'll only get upset if they stop putting out new ideas or it drops below... Let's say 50% consistently.

Laxedrane
Feb 21, 2013, 07:16 AM

So I mean, Vita player gets Chrome > moves to PC&Vita > PC player gets the code > then spreads it to PC blocks.

well remember it's by the player. So a player can simply play vita get chrome. Then switch to pc on the same player and play with other pc players and transfer it that way too. I expect it to be all over by the time the next update hits haha.

BIG OLAF
Feb 21, 2013, 07:24 AM
Yeah, Chrome Dragon is Dark Souls as fuck.

Also, the only outfit that I think I'll like is the one they show after Emilia's. That one looks pretty cool.

Also, cyborg eyepiece. Yes.

Rien
Feb 21, 2013, 07:26 AM
...No cast stuff?

Seriously?

Ce'Nedra
Feb 21, 2013, 07:29 AM
I wonder what the blue lobby is supposed to mean as holiday. But hell yeah I wanna fight that Chrome Dragon, finally a boss that seems like a challenge.

I still don't get it why they gave Emilia newman ears, then again maybe people would misunderstand and think she would be a NPC rather then promoting her outfit and hairstyle.

Only thing I'm personally not happy with is that the next 3 AQ areas are coming this fast. It's already hard to get a full party at all right now cause people kinda only want to play the area that drops rares they want and if we get even more areas that will only become worse. Sure there are alot that just play whatever but I noticed alot of time when I ask people they would only come for a specific area. Just my personal expierence.

Rien
Feb 21, 2013, 07:34 AM
I wonder what the blue lobby is supposed to mean as holiday.

It's white day.

Rien
Feb 21, 2013, 07:35 AM
Umm...

...Casts....

...The Casts are missing...

Kion
Feb 21, 2013, 07:35 AM

What Sakai said during the live stream was that Chrome Dragon was tied to vita players' accounts. So if a vita player plays on the pc block and it spawns for the vita player, then the pc players get to experience the content as well. And after some time (update), it will become normal content for pc players too.

Reiketsu
Feb 21, 2013, 07:53 AM
I'm assuming 6th of March, because that is when the scratch rotates.

Yeah... wouldn't next week be a little too soon? It's only been one week since the last scratch update O_o"

And damn... I really like that song. And the White Day Rappies are so cute ;_;
And I guess I should finally just continue story mode... if I wait till Fraps works for me again, I'll probably never be able to X_X (Still hope that one day they will add a replay function so I can see MB cutscenes again if I want >_>)
Hmm... and I'm curious to see what color-variations there will be for Lumia's and Emilia's outfits.

Renvalt
Feb 21, 2013, 08:00 AM
Something tells me "Our Fighting" is the "Ignite Infinity" or "Save This World" of this particular Phantasy Star MMO. I mean, I could seriously imagine that stitched onto a stitched opening sequence.

But I do want dat cannon. And the way the default HUCaseal swung that fist at that particular note was AB-SO-LU-TE-LY stunning!

But we could do without the Vocaloid threads. I mean, Miku is starting to become a possible prospect as Justin Bieber's wife. And that won't do. Because they both need to die. And land in separate spots in hell. That way, it ends nice and peaceful.

Shirai
Feb 21, 2013, 08:25 AM
Emilia's outfit. Do want. Same with the usamimi headband.

Also, Chrome Dragon looks really cool. Can't wait for the new missions too.

It's nice to see that they're bringing in outfits from the other Phantasy Star games.
Hopefully they'll add in the non-NPC/Project cute outfits one day.
The valgiris set would be amazing.

Maronji
Feb 21, 2013, 08:45 AM
But we could do without the Vocaloid threads. I mean, Miku is starting to become a possible prospect as Justin Bieber's wife. And that won't do. Because they both need to die. And land in separate spots in hell. That way, it ends nice and peaceful.

Did I... miss something?

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2013, 08:52 AM
What Sakai said during the live stream was that Chrome Dragon was tied to vita players' accounts. So if a vita player plays on the pc block and it spawns for the vita player, then the pc players get to experience the content as well. And after some time (update), it will become normal content for pc players too.
The talk about Chrome Dragon spreading to PC blocks comes from this:

After the Vita version launches, Vita players will first get a chance to fight the new Chrome Dragon who will appear in Emergency Trials. In fact, the Chrome Dragon is a special dragon that can appear wherever it wants. But you shouldn’t come to the conclusion that this Dragon would only appear on Vita blocks. After a Vita player encounters the Chrome Dragon, that person may lead to PC players encountering him as well. Maybe eventually, the Chrome Dragon could appear on the PC exclusive blocks.http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-gameplay-adjustments-for-february/

This gives the impression that Chrome will start appearing for PC players who fight him together with Vita players. ^^;

I wonder what the blue lobby is supposed to mean as holiday. But hell yeah I wanna fight that Chrome Dragon, finally a boss that seems like a challenge.

I still don't get it why they gave Emilia newman ears, then again maybe people would misunderstand and think she would be a NPC rather then promoting her outfit and hairstyle.

Only thing I'm personally not happy with is that the next 3 AQ areas are coming this fast. It's already hard to get a full party at all right now cause people kinda only want to play the area that drops rares they want and if we get even more areas that will only become worse. Sure there are alot that just play whatever but I noticed alot of time when I ask people they would only come for a specific area. Just my personal expierence.
Not everything is coming next week, the things shown in the trailer are split into 3 dates.

February 28th - Vita launch, Chapter 9 (Vita), Side-story chapter (PC), Chrome Dragon.
March 6th - White Day lobby, White Day EQ (set in skyland), new clothes.
March 13th - New Advance Quests.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 21, 2013, 09:05 AM
Not everything is coming next week, the things shown in the trailer are split into 3 dates.

February 28th - Vita launch, Chapter 9 (Vita), Side-story chapter (PC), Chrome Dragon.
March 6th - White Day lobby, White Day EQ (set in skyland), new clothes.
March 13th - New Advance Quests.

13 march is still rather fast if you ask me, its only 1 month after the first set of AQ's. I kinda expected Sega to take longer to release new AQ's.

I don't know what this White Day means though ^^

Railkune
Feb 21, 2013, 09:09 AM
Neptune's Beard... Chrome Dragon looks ridiculously mean. I am seriously looking forward to more story for sure.

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2013, 09:15 AM
13 march is still rather fast if you ask me, its only 1 month after the first set of AQ's. I kinda expected Sega to take longer to release new AQ's.

About the new AQs, they're in about 3 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if people would start to get bored of the current ones by then, so it doesn't seem too soon for me. ^^;
According to what was found in datamining, apparently the new ones are also using the same capsules as the current AQs, but in a different order (for example, tundra using capsule b). Since this is stuff that was found through datamining though, it's subject to changes.

If I'm not mistaken, white day is the day guys return the favor to girls who gave them chocolate in valentine day, or something like that. I guess that most likely the EQ for white day will be the opposite of the valentine EQ, with male NPCs appearing.

Requiem Aeternam
Feb 21, 2013, 09:17 AM
Looks like I'll be playing in the joint PC/Vita blocks till the Chrome Dragon appears for me. Looks like an awesome fight. As for the costumes I'm really disappointed that no new Cast parts were revealed but the others look quite nice.

Infinity Series
Feb 21, 2013, 09:18 AM
Something tells me "Our Fighting" is the "Ignite Infinity" or "Save This World" of this particular Phantasy Star MMO. I mean, I could seriously imagine that stitched onto a stitched opening sequence.

But I do want dat cannon. And the way the default HUCaseal swung that fist at that particular note was AB-SO-LU-TE-LY stunning!

m...miku? vocaloid?

btw no love for caseal :c

Dycize
Feb 21, 2013, 09:19 AM
White Day is a very japanese holiday where boys pay back the girls who offered them chocolate/gifts during Valentine.
Yeah.

The updates we're getting these days look excellent, more AQs and Chrome Dragon looks simply amazing. I hope the new units won't be a pain to get (or at least be worth the hassle).
I don't care much for the PSU outfits but I like the other one.

dRage
Feb 21, 2013, 09:19 AM

It's the reverse of Valentine's Day in Japan. While on V-Day girls are supposed to give chocolate to the guys, on White Day the guys are supposed to return to the favor by giving chocolate to those they recieved a present from on V-Day. It's mostly advertized with white chocolate, hence "White Day".

The things I learn from watching Detective Conan o.O

Reiketsu
Feb 21, 2013, 09:24 AM
The things I learn from watching Detective Conan o.O

I remember the White Day episode xD That's when I first learned about it, as well, lol

Maximum Burst
Feb 21, 2013, 09:34 AM
I really wanted to make an Emilia, till I realized that I was probably going to need the Little Wing Stickers that came with the regular Vita package. I'm probably just going to settle for making a Lumia even though it doesn't look like they included her hairstyle, just her hair accessory.

Alenoir
Feb 21, 2013, 10:07 AM

I'm really curious, how the hell did you get to the Miku conclusion? This Project CUTE outfit (https://twitter.com/sega_psu_jp/status/109590023808106497/photo/1) from PSU?

PS: Telling Miku to GTFO "your" PSO is like telling SEGA to not do any kind of collaborations ever.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 21, 2013, 01:39 PM
PS: Telling Miku to GTFO "your" PSO is like telling SEGA to not do any kind of collaborations ever.

Not to mention Sega does the Vocaloid games afaik, like they would really stop mixing in some fanservice.

I for one, am still waiting for Hatsune Miku style hair so I can try them on my Fyuria~

EvilMag
Feb 21, 2013, 01:48 PM
Valentines Day: Females get more outfits Males get 1
White Day: Females get more outfits Males get 1

Why am I not surprised?

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2013, 01:49 PM
I dunno, as much as I dislike loads of recycled content...that dragon slayer is seriously hot as fuck, and I very badly want it. I hope I get it and that it drops off quartz with burn III and quartz soul and stigma and power III and spirita III and spirita boost....

KuroCrow
Feb 21, 2013, 01:50 PM
Valentines Day: Females get more outfits Males get 1
White Day: Females get more outfits Males get 1

Why am I not surprised?

Maleception

but those new units look awesome

Z-0
Feb 21, 2013, 01:57 PM
Casts get nothing!

I wanted new parts. :|

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2013, 02:05 PM
But...the vita parts.

HIT0SHI
Feb 21, 2013, 02:05 PM
I'm really digging those 2 visors (Accessories?)!
Time to do some TACOs~

EDIT:Oh and that boss looks scary as fuck! D:

Drifting Fable
Feb 21, 2013, 02:18 PM
Did I see Steam Gauntlets in that video? It sure looked like it. I sure hope they aren't as difficult to acquire as the Sacred Dusters that continue to elude me.

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2013, 02:24 PM
Just saw this on SEGA's website, next week's maintenance will start 15 hours later than the normal schedule, and the maintenance will be 10 hours long.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=974

EvilMag
Feb 21, 2013, 02:31 PM
Just saw this on SEGA's website, next week's maintenance will start 15 hours later than the normal schedule, and the maintenance will be 10 hours long.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=974

Thats not surprising since the Vita version is coming out next week.

HUmar Darkedge
Feb 21, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hoy...could already confirm PSO originals just by appearance.
Inferno Bazooka
Guardianna
(Spear, this looks new)
Sinow Beril's Hands #0
Dragon Slayer
...Just to find 4/5 of these will make my day.
...and Chrome in shared mode.

fires2dust
Feb 21, 2013, 09:17 PM

You know Renny, hate is a very close feeling to love. Both require passion and if you hate something with a burning passion, it's just a notch away from actually lov-... *evades* A_A You're seeing Vocaloid and Miku threads that aren't there, for instance. :p The first one who mentioned it is yourself also.

And I prolly wouldn't have noticed that one girl uniform outfit had any resemblance to Miku's had you not pointed it out. You're so observant when it comes to Miku-miku. Are you sure you're not actually in lov- *evades again*

Yanno I'm just messing wichu, yes? :3

Vintasticvin
Feb 21, 2013, 10:19 PM
You know Renny, hate is a very close feeling to love. Both require passion and if you hate something with a burning passion, it's just a notch away from actually lov-... *evades* A_A You're seeing Vocaloid and Miku threads that aren't there, for instance. :p The first one who mentioned it is yourself also.

And I prolly wouldn't have noticed that one girl uniform outfit had any resemblance to Miku's had you not pointed it out. You're so observant when it comes to Miku-miku. Are you sure you're not actually in lov- *evades again*

Yanno I'm just messing wichu, yes? :3

This forum sure has a lotta parasprites, haters, and whatever you wanna callem.

Rien
Feb 21, 2013, 10:37 PM
Not to mention Sega does the Vocaloid games afaik, like they would really stop mixing in some fanservice.

I for one, am still waiting for Hatsune Miku style hair so I can try them on my Fyuria~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZIw9jhUvM

<.<

krayaselius
Feb 21, 2013, 10:42 PM
its ok. i just want my blazblue and kyoukaisen collabs.

:'3

meanwile, idol hawtness.

I would take that idol ;w;

Vintasticvin
Feb 21, 2013, 10:52 PM
its ok. i just want my blazblue and kyoukaisen collabs.

:'3

meanwile, idol hawtness.

I would take that idol ;w;

Le gasp!

HUmar Darkedge
Feb 22, 2013, 12:26 AM
Miku in your PSO2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZIw9jhUvM)

<.<

What else is new, a "nyancat" as an npc for an event quest, partake of those other two...strange-looking creatures...(What exactly are they...deformed cats with a -nip addiction. . . ( '.') *

blace
Feb 22, 2013, 12:30 AM
So when did Miku get involved in a video about recycled weapons, somewhat new content, recycled clothes and a new boss?

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 12:56 AM
So when did Miku get involved in a video about recycled weapons, somewhat new content, recycled clothes and a new boss?

When fans made it clear they would pay money for a game that offered all of this combined.

fires2dust
Feb 22, 2013, 01:34 AM

Miku in your PSO2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZIw9jhUvM)

<.<

I'm kind of more interested in the other Vocaloids. But hey, whatever works. I totally felt goosebumps when I saw the PSO2 lobby/stage in the video though. While I'm not love-struck crazy over Miku like maybe certain people (..fufu..) ..I uh, do play Project Diva 1 and 2 in PSP..

(...arg I did not wanna have another reason to buy a PSVita. Q_Q *beats fist on table* )

But yea, we all know who to thank for the thread derailing to Hatsune Miku... lol. A_A

Alenoir
Feb 22, 2013, 01:51 AM
What else is new, a "nyancat" as an npc for an event quest, partake of those other two...strange-looking creatures...(What exactly are they...deformed cats with a -nip addiction. . . ( '.') *

You mean Toro and Kuro (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainichi_Issho)? >.>

Vintasticvin
Feb 22, 2013, 07:35 AM
Hopfully I can patch up on time to see Miku's return!

Alucard V
Feb 22, 2013, 09:16 AM
I don't mind if they put Miku related stuff in she could be a E-Code event NPC if they portrayed her as the comic relief.

I'm mad they give us Guardians Uniform. Like ARKS Trainee (Female) wasn't school girl enough they go with another High School Uniform design.
They could have gone with Guardians Formal at least then you'd have something close to a Officials Uniform to go with ARKS trainee (male).
http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/0/0f/Ceremonial_Wear.png

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I don't really get why we need three different outfits with pleated skirts. Kind of annoying.

But at least I'll be saving myself some meseta this scratch. Absolutely none of the outfits interest me this time...

HUmar Darkedge
Feb 22, 2013, 05:53 PM
Hopfully I can patch up on time to see Miku's return!

I'll assume by patch, you mean the "readable" kind.
I'm just playing it as is. In ways it's not so bad reading...(reading).
Still kinda regrets not signing for ship 2 (if i had known beforehand).

Chacron
Feb 22, 2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I don't really get why we need three different outfits with pleated skirts. Kind of annoying.

But at least I'll be saving myself some meseta this scratch. Absolutely none of the outfits interest me this time...

Well atleast you have outfits. Us Caseals and Casts get nothing. Not one costume part in the whole trailer (though I think I saw Ougi's head). So we're forced to dress up like humans. A travesty!

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 06:44 PM
As with most scratches, we're bound to get CV parts. Additionally, the vita version will be releasing shortly, so you'll be able to get those parts as well (at a hefty price I'm sure, but, yeah).

lostinseganet
Feb 22, 2013, 06:54 PM
ahhh dancing there needs ddr mat compatibility, dance dance revolution instrumental compatibility and web cam for real time character dancing!

Enforcer MKV
Feb 22, 2013, 07:01 PM
As with most scratches, we're bound to get CV parts. Additionally, the vita version will be releasing shortly, so you'll be able to get those parts as well (at a hefty price I'm sure, but, yeah).

So? We're getting the clothing from all the races in the Vita release, and CVs are just recolors.

Unless "all" of the Universe outfits are all-rare, Casts are still getting the short end of the stick. This time around.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 07:14 PM
Casts always get the short end of the stick because casts don't have tits.

Vintasticvin
Feb 22, 2013, 07:17 PM
Casts always get the short end of the stick because casts don't have tits.

-_- I feel terrible for you guys man so much wasted potential to make Casts look wicked cool.

HUmar: Nope not the "readable" patch the patch itself to even play the friggen game, oh well I should be able to finish off next saturday when I start "Rethinking possible" :P

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2013, 07:24 PM
Man, what? For my characters all of about 10 of the dozens of released female outfits are even usable (out of all the "themed" outfits, the only ones I use are the bikini, All Brink, and Mikoto Cluster - The Wedding dress? Yukata? Navigator dress? Kanagi Maihime? Wonder Treat? Nurse Dress? ARKS Trainee Uniform? Santa Dress? Pastry Apron? Slight Cross? ALL USELESS, ARGH!)! At least most of the CAST parts actually look good AND you can mix and match between them for original combinations. Oh, and the colors, man. The colors.

As far as I'm concerned, CASTs have nothing worth complaining about. If anything you guys effectively get four times as many customization options as humans and newmans.

Male humans and newmans, on the other hand, definitely get short-changed. However, that's really par for the course - if you have a 75/25 split, you develop for that distribution. It's common business sense. The only thing that's going to change this is a dramatic change in demographics (and, well, that's not happening, heh).

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 07:27 PM
the colors you have to pay real money to change :wacko:

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2013, 07:28 PM
Yes, but you get three colors. And they apply to ALL THE PARTS YOU PUT ON YOUR CHARACTER.

We pay for one outfit, and ONLY the primary color. Who gets fucked more here?

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 07:30 PM
Who gets fucked more here, tough question.

1. nobody, they're costumes
2a. the race that has to pay real money to change colors
2b. color variants are released for most outfits alongside cast color variants, with cast color variants merely alternating the colors you have to pay to change
3. nobody, they're costumes
4. seriously, real money to change colors, maybe I didn't emphasize that

Z-0
Feb 22, 2013, 07:44 PM
I think you're missing the point Zyru. Females get a huuuge amount to choose from, especially if they're a fleshy. Your preferences mean nothing. I hate nearly all of the female costumes (bloody fanservice), but it doesn't mean females get the short-end of the stick, that's just me being silly (although they should really release more less servicey outfits, such as the Guardians Uniform and Heretic Queen).

The others? Fuck them. They're starting to get less and less new things, and this is the "problem" (although it doesn't really matter, since they're just costumes -- although more people care than you might think which is REALLY sad for an action-RPG).

Seraphus
Feb 22, 2013, 07:52 PM
Who gets fucked more here, tough question.

1. nobody, they're costumes
2a. the race that has to pay real money to change colors
2b. color variants are released for most outfits alongside cast color variants, with cast color variants merely alternating the colors you have to pay to change
3. nobody, they're costumes
4. seriously, real money to change colors, maybe I didn't emphasize that
Wait, wut? Casts can't use color change tickets?

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 07:53 PM
Unless I've been lied to repeatedly, nope. It's counted as the same as resizing your character.

Z-0
Feb 22, 2013, 07:56 PM
Er... yes they can. I've done it numerous times. ._.

It's skin colour they cannot change for free, which female casts are able to do.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 07:58 PM
Really? Neat.

Now they just can't change them out by changing an outfit like meatbags.

And, since they're still costumes, I'm not sure why we're trying to measure who's being fucked harder. That's some wording I'd reserve for something as silly as wolga's pre-nerf attack patterns.

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2013, 08:10 PM
I think you're missing the point Zyru. Females get a huuuge amount to choose from, especially if they're a fleshy. Your preferences mean nothing. I hate nearly all of the female costumes (bloody fanservice), but it doesn't mean females get the short-end of the stick, that's just me being silly (although they should really release more less servicey outfits, such as the Guardians Uniform and Heretic Queen).

The others? Fuck them. They're starting to get less and less new things, and this is the "problem" (although it doesn't really matter, since they're just costumes -- although more people care than you might think which is REALLY sad for an action-RPG).
Goddamn, you guys.

First of all, I don't see why you need to get all judgmental-hardass on people who actually care about the goddamn costumes. It's pathetic, frankly. People are going to have different priorities than you, big freakin' whoop. The fact that there are a LOT of people who get attached to their avatars does not mean they don't care equally as much for the actual gameplay.

Secondly, my point was that CASTs are not as fucked as they seem to be because they get so many more actual options in terms of character appearance, not that females get the "short end of the stick" (which is absolutely insane and completely impossible by any objective measure, duhhrrrr).

Also, I count the CAST pieces being consistent in color scheme to be a boon, not a malus. If I want all of my outfits to be the same color scheme I have to hope, pray, PRAY, that at least one of the color schemes for that particular outfit fits my particular scheme, and if it does not, I have to hope that it recolors nicely and is NOT ruined horribly by any unnecessarily garish secondary colors (*cough* Eretique Reine *coughcough*), and also pay 2-3m for materials for a color change ticket.

Meanwhile, my CAST doesn't give a shit. He rocks his black-gunmetal grey-orange scheme no matter what he puts on. Yeah, sure, sometimes I feel like a change is in order, but frankly, if I could have my clothing pieces automatically match color like the parts of my CAST I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd give up all the color variety in the world for that. Gods, if Aiza could have black and red on everything she wore... goddamnit, now you've made me sad.

There is only one solution for this.

https://58fi4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pzLlXr8y_ksQfmidAtVszYfsXWxVfuA8VoFWBYAGQ091qamx 2dZmjjs3u1NF3QgQUsDchtTS0UmY/igWSQazTZaFEv.gif?psid=1

BIG OLAF
Feb 22, 2013, 08:15 PM
(although it doesn't really matter, since they're just costumes -- although more people care than you might think which is REALLY sad for an action-RPG).

I'm glad this upsets you.

Vintasticvin
Feb 22, 2013, 08:17 PM
Goddamn, you guys.

First of all, I don't see why you need to get all judgmental-hardass on people who actually care about the goddamn costumes. It's pathetic, frankly. People are going to have different priorities than you, big freakin' whoop. The fact that there are a LOT of people who get attached to their avatars does not mean they don't care equally as much for the actual gameplay.

Secondly, my point was that CASTs are not as fucked as they seem to be because they get so many more actual options in terms of character appearance, not that females get the "short end of the stick" (which is absolutely insane and completely impossible by any objective measure, duhhrrrr).

Also, I count the CAST pieces being consistent in color scheme to be a boon, not a malus. If I want all of my outfits to be the same color scheme I have to hope, pray, PRAY, that at least one of the color schemes for that particular outfit fits my particular scheme, and if it does not, I have to hope that it recolors nicely and is NOT ruined horribly by any unnecessarily garish secondary colors (*cough* Eretique Reine *coughcough*), and also pay 2-3m for materials for a color change ticket.

Meanwhile, my CAST doesn't give a shit. He rocks his black-gunmetal grey-orange scheme no matter what he puts on. Yeah, sure, sometimes I feel like a change is in order, but frankly, if I could have my clothing pieces automatically match color like the parts of my CAST I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd give up all the color variety in the world for that. Gods, if Aiza could have black and red on everything she wore... goddamnit, now you've made me sad.

There is only one solution for this.

https://58fi4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pzLlXr8y_ksQfmidAtVszYfsXWxVfuA8VoFWBYAGQ091qamx 2dZmjjs3u1NF3QgQUsDchtTS0UmY/igWSQazTZaFEv.gif?psid=1

:( Back when I was a male CAST I used to rock the stale grey and blue trims like a boss and loved every moment of it!

Seraphus
Feb 22, 2013, 08:21 PM
That's some wording I'd reserve for something as silly as wolga's pre-nerf attack patterns.
I'm not sure what else they changed, but people actually liked that Wolga charge dived 6 times before stopping? It didn't add very much challenge and instead just wasted a ton of time. At least with Rockbear's jump, you just had to get behind him for him to stop instead of just continuing jumping for a good amount of time.

Males just have it worse which is why I chose to be a Cast...and we still can wear the special costumes! I'm not a fan of the past couple of parts in rotation though. I'd say the variety in casts is fine...but the choices are not.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2013, 08:24 PM

You could have left it at this and I'd have gotten the point.

You care hardcore about costume colors. I don't.

Sega puts in more man hours on female costumes than male costumes, and more man hours on meatbag costumes than cast parts. These are both facts. Male cast parts get the least amount of work, full stop. Palette swaps do not diminish this fact.

If you're going to talk about whether you like this or not you can do that with someone else. The fact still remains casts get less new cosmetic stuff because they haven't got tits and neither your nor my preference has any bearing on that.

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2013, 08:45 PM
Yes, absolutely. There is no question that females get the most stuff, period. No dispute.

I do care a lot about my costumes and their colors. I really do. Enough so that 75% of what's released just doesn't even matter to me. This makes me sad.

Alisha
Mar 5, 2013, 05:42 AM
so the update is tomarrow. is anything coming outside the new scratch? some of the stuff the video says 3/27 but a lot doesnt give a date so maybe we get new AQ's tomarrow afterall.

Sizustar
Mar 5, 2013, 06:10 AM
so the update is tomarrow. is anything coming outside the new scratch? some of the stuff the video says 3/27 but a lot doesnt give a date so maybe we get new AQ's tomarrow afterall.

New AQ is 03/13.

Probabely the hunter upgrade, grinder risk reduced, etc.

redroses
Mar 5, 2013, 06:26 AM
Er... yes they can. I've done it numerous times. ._.

It's skin colour they cannot change for free, which female casts are able to do.

Sorry about the old quote, but female casts can't change their skin color for free. Changing the skin color requires a re-color ticket (with which you can change all the colors).

Z-0
Mar 5, 2013, 07:04 AM
Sorry about the old quote, but female casts can't change their skin color for free. Changing the skin color requires a re-color ticket (with which you can change all the colors).

"Free" means non-AC. I know exactly what I mean.
A male cast, however, needs to spend AC.

redroses
Mar 5, 2013, 08:52 AM
"Free" means non-AC. I know exactly what I mean.
A male cast, however, needs to spend AC.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood the "free".

I don't have a male cast, I never knew that changing skin color for them costed AC. Is it on a different option then as the main and sub color options when using a color change ticket?

gigawuts
Mar 5, 2013, 08:54 AM
Er, caseal skin is one of the parts colors?

Well that's just dumb.

Male cast skin is the same as meatbag skin, we just get the whole rainbow instead of meaty tones.

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 5, 2013, 11:39 PM
Man, what? For my characters all of about 10 of the dozens of released female outfits are even usable (out of all the "themed" outfits, the only ones I use are the bikini, All Brink, and Mikoto Cluster - The Wedding dress? Yukata? Navigator dress? Kanagi Maihime? Wonder Treat? Nurse Dress? ARKS Trainee Uniform? Santa Dress? Pastry Apron? Slight Cross? ALL USELESS, ARGH!)! At least most of the CAST parts actually look good AND you can mix and match between them for original combinations. Oh, and the colors, man. The colors.

As far as I'm concerned, CASTs have nothing worth complaining about. If anything you guys effectively get four times as many customization options as humans and newmans.

Male humans and newmans, on the other hand, definitely get short-changed. However, that's really par for the course - if you have a 75/25 split, you develop for that distribution. It's common business sense. The only thing that's going to change this is a dramatic change in demographics (and, well, that's not happening, heh).

...O.K . . .
Good for you.?
They're just costumes, it's how they match to a certain point for me.
Already have enough for Mikoto-Camelia, which would blend in well for a violet-head. Colors, customs...SEGA(Not to be blamed) gives, you decide.
But it's "your" opinion, that I'll respect. Each Race, Gender has it's own short-hand, no matter how arguable (vice versa) it is.

Alisha
Mar 6, 2013, 02:52 AM
Er, caseal skin is one of the parts colors?

Well that's just dumb.

Male cast skin is the same as meatbag skin, we just get the whole rainbow instead of meaty tones.

it may be dumb but it makes sense since females dont really have mecha like parts but more like power suit stuff with metal skin exposed.

Ezodagrom
Mar 6, 2013, 07:47 AM
Checking out the AC and FUN scratch lists, they started adding stuff that was available in past scratches (they're listed as "revival"):
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20130306/

Z-0
Mar 6, 2013, 07:48 AM
"We are never going to re-release old costumes, just with slight variations"

ORLY

Sizustar
Mar 6, 2013, 08:23 AM
"We are never going to re-release old costumes, just with slight variations"

ORLY

I think it's good for the PSV and new comer that missed it.

Z-0
Mar 6, 2013, 08:26 AM
Oh yes, I definitely think they should do it.

SEGA just said they wouldn't a while ago.