PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 674 error

LillyLunardi
Feb 21, 2013, 03:01 PM
Yeah..I get this error when I try to log in. I was getting a 602 error (which I've read is wrong login ID) and now I get a 674, so I'm guessing the ID is correct, but now something else is wrong.
Ugh.

This is a new PC and I'm trying to get PSO2 working on it. Why can't I log in? I could log in just fine a few days ago (on another PC). I'd ask if the game is just down, but all the ships are green and online so..

Halp.

Altier
Feb 21, 2013, 03:09 PM
lol, oh no... you went and made a new thread for it... i replyed and answered your question for this in the other thread.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866&page=730

LillyLunardi
Feb 21, 2013, 03:15 PM
You provided a link to an older thread and from what I gathered:

"It seems like that error is referring to some incorrect login information. It is also possible that your login information was correct, but there is a problem communicating with the servers at the moment. I know the servers went down a bit ago because of a problem like this."

Okay..my login info is 100% correct, I've been signing on to the game for months with it so it's second nature to me atm. The other possiblity is communicating with the servers..so are the servers down atm? because I believe they're up..

In other words I'm totally stuck with no info on how to solve this atm : (

Altier
Feb 21, 2013, 03:21 PM
You could also do some of your own research with google. Here, how about this. You spread the word about the thread in my Sig. however you see fit, and i'll give you every possiblity there is for fixing error 674.

Edit: It's going to take a long time to get every little thing, so i'll post it all one by one. I can't play Pso2 because of that issue i mentioned in my sig and I'm not doing anything else today, so I may as well put down all the cards here even if you do end up getting it to work before i'm done.

Edit: I'll organize everything after I get everything.
[SPOILER-BOX]1. You could have simply typed in the wrong information
2. If you attempt to login too many times, you may be locked out
3. There may be a server issue, either with your connection to the server, or that the server is down
4. All the 600 errors seem to be linked to connection and login issues, so you should be able to rule out everything else
5. Take breaks in between login attempts, 10-20min would be best
6. If you want to know if your login simply isn't working, try logging into your SEGA ID at the login screen of pso2.jp
[listed below are my sources for this information, with short 'n sweet summaries of their quotes. My opinions are not up for debate- they're already known to be wrong at times]
[SPOILER-BOX]Rhypht
[SPOILER-BOX]1. You may have typed in incorrect login information
2. There could currently be a problem connecting to the servers
(wait for a period of time, usually 10min at minimum, before trying again][SPOILER-BOX]
Hey, and welcome to the forums.
It seems like that error is referring to some incorrect login information. It is also possible that your login information was correct, but there is a problem communicating with the servers at the moment. I know the servers went down a bit ago because of a problem like this.

If you're sure that you're using the right login information, just be patient and keep trying.
[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

Seizure Bot
[SPOILER-BOX][Includes information about restting a SEGA ID]
"600 series of errors relates to password or connection issues"
1. Try loging into you're SEGA ID at the login screen
2. If you can login, then it's most likely a problem with the servers[SPOILER-BOX]
Well, from here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194598), the 600 series of errors relates to password or connection issues. Wait a few minutes, and try again? Like ten or maybe half an hour? That usually works. Watch something on TV. Helps pass the time.

If it doesn't resolve it in, say, a day, then:

You can try logging into the Sega ID page (http://pso2.jp/players/), here. You can get through the Captcha using Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana#Table_of_katakana), and if you can log in there, but not PSO, then you can breathe a sigh of relief: the World is down. For now. Your account is A-Ok.

If that doesn't work, then you can (and please note, I am not an expert here, so please please please probably wait for others to confirm this, because you can seriously screw your account!):

If you're trying to retrieve your password, you'll have to go to the Sega ID page (http://pso2.jp/players/), and get through their system. The button with the Lock picture and Sega ID next to it. On that page, you can follow the link to password reset via the "SEGA IDのパスワードをお忘れの場合はパスワードの再設定を行ってください。
パスワードの再設定" link, and then follow the instructions through there. It's not difficult if you translate through it. With Google translator or something. CAREFULLY.

I have to warn you, from personal experience, that the reset system is very finicky. You have to get your answers pinpoint. Honesty here: I too tried to retrieve a password, and it kept insisting my ID was invalid, my security questions were wrong, etc. I ended up just making a new account (I was level 2 anyway). If you do end up having to make a new account (and you probably won't, but just in case), what seems to please the system is to make your Sega ID, do all that jazz, and then log into the website again before loading up and logging into PSO. That worked for my fourth account. Maybe it likes having you log in once and go through the Captcha before you start logging into all those games?

It also seems to help if you plug in some kanji for the security question when you make a Sega ID. I plugged in random kanji I pulled from Wiki, and Sega ID seems to be satisfied. At least that time it let me reset my password, anyway when I did that. Warning: copy/paste whatever you used into Word or Notepad, so you can copy/paste it in when you need to answer the security question.

But hopefully you won't have to do that! It's probably just a mis-typed password or PSO being funny. Good luck!

AIDA
[SPOILER-BOX]1. Mutiple login attempts may lock your account
[SPOILER-BOX]
If you tried to log into the account many times unsuccessfully, it probably locked the account, which is why it won't let you in even though you have the correct information.

Try logging in here to reset your password: https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMPassResetStart.php?product_name=sega
triad.spacefight
[SPOILER-BOX][personally, i don't think that logging in attemps x10 x10 are going to get you anywhere after what i've been reading so far. Just take a 10min break between trying so you dont end up stressing out][SPOILER-BOX]
Finally let me in. Same password and after restarting 3 times and numerous login attempts it let me in to Ship 10 finally.

Guess it's just one of those "new MMO glitches" that they all go through. :|

LillyLunardi
Feb 21, 2013, 03:30 PM
Sure thing.
Seems I fail at google searching because I didn't find much info on how to fix it, just a dead thread with no real info (not that one you linked, some other one)

LillyLunardi
Feb 21, 2013, 04:32 PM
I tried resetting the password and after hitting next (or whatever it says) it took me to a page that said

" IDが登録されている情報と異なります。 "

I Google translated it and it says " Unlike the ID information is registered. "

W...what? I have no idea if that reset my password or if it did anything..

LillyLunardi
Feb 21, 2013, 05:04 PM
Yes. I've actually now tried about every billion combination of things possible. Names and last names in Japanese (thanks to translator), birthday in both formats, answered every single question (I do remember the answer, just not which question) in both english and Japanese...same message every single time.

Just wow. Can't believe this is how I'm going to lose my PSO2 account.

Altier
Feb 21, 2013, 05:37 PM
Yes. I've actually now tried about every billion combination of things possible. Names and last names in Japanese (thanks to translator), birthday in both formats, answered every single question (I do remember the answer, just not which question) in both english and Japanese...same message every single time.

Just wow. Can't believe this is how I'm going to lose my PSO2 account.

Well, sorry I couldn't help. ^^;

Victory Dracowolf
Aug 22, 2015, 01:08 AM
I'm also having the same problem I've tried resetting my password and the Sega ID format invalid pops up and when I try to log in to start the game the (There was a problem in the login process.
And whether you try again at a time,
Please check that you are not to enter the symbol.
If that does not solve the problem
Inquiry form than of failure situation
Thank you for your report.
[No.674]) error pops up, I even tried to input my Sega ID in all lowercase and it still doesn't work. Trying for a whole week to play PSO2 but can't login I really love pso games and I'm not one to give up, my # 1 rule is to never give up so maybe one of you can help if not I looked and will still be looking. Hopefully somebody can find out what the heck is going on! Good luck to us all!

Victory Dracowolf
Aug 22, 2015, 01:09 AM
Also I have Windows 8