PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Code: Collect

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 10:55 AM
Does anyone else think these are totally out of place in PSO?

They're not fun, they're just tedious, and boring. I'm not sure why they decided to have mindless fetch quests where they weren't really needed.

Who wants to roam around the map and hunt for eggs to deposit into a bin? Who thought that was a good idea anyway? It totally breaks up the action and interrupts the flow of the gameplay.

Let's petition for the removal of this code!

Reiketsu
Feb 27, 2013, 10:58 AM
Is there anything you actually like about this game?

But well... I don't run into those codes too often, and when I do they're done pretty quickly, so I dunno... They're not the most fun that's for sure, but they aren't annoying either. You can always just ignore them.

Resanoca
Feb 27, 2013, 11:02 AM
You know, at the rate you bitch about everything, you should just quit this game already. lol

No, seriously. Do what you said before and just quit. You won't be missed. :3

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 11:03 AM
Does anyone else think these are totally out of place in PSO?

They're not fun, they're just tedious, and boring. I'm not sure why they decided to have mindless fetch quests where they weren't really needed.

Who wants to roam around the map and hunt for eggs to deposit into a bin? Who thought that was a good idea anyway? It totally breaks up the action and interrupts the flow of the gameplay.

Let's petition for the removal of this code!
Don't like that emergency code? Just skip it.

Z-0
Feb 27, 2013, 11:04 AM
Well, having more codes can stop other codes spawning, but...

Collect isn't a difficult clear. After a loop around the map you'll have all the items anyway.

Crysteon
Feb 27, 2013, 11:08 AM
I always ignore most item collecting codes (eggs, minerals, etc), unless they are a rare variation or it's a key collection one (because that one is unavoidable, lol). I dont mind doing the drills code, though.

Emizel
Feb 27, 2013, 11:10 AM
You know, at the rate you bitch about everything, you should just quit this game already. lol

No, seriously. Do what you said before and just quit. You won't be missed. :3

I don't really care if you think I should quit.

Well, having more codes can stop other codes spawning, but...

Collect isn't a difficult clear. After a loop around the map you'll have all the items anyway.

Yeah, it's definitely not difficult... I just have trouble understanding why it exists in the first place. As I said, it just doesn't really fit with PSO and only serves to break up the gameplay. :-?

Renette
Feb 27, 2013, 11:10 AM
Quite difficult to skip if you're in Amduscia, you're practically forced to do it.

Alenoir
Feb 27, 2013, 11:16 AM
The context of why the codes exist works with the general setting of the game, but I guess you wouldn't care anyways and just want to bitch about it.

Resanoca
Feb 27, 2013, 11:17 AM
I don't really care if you think I should quit. You're an insect to me.

Says the whiny brat. lol

Laxedrane
Feb 27, 2013, 11:58 AM
The only time these codes bother me is when one person sits on the items for over 10 minutes.

Also I would say they are more in place with pso then other code. Mainly becuase A the door collects are highly reminiscent of the previous games. And the other form of collects are one of the very few codes that change base on what planet your on. This kind of detail I feel is needed more in other codes.

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 12:01 PM
It's fine to me. I just don't like backtracking when I'm right there near the next room. They aren't too bad though, and it's basically quick free exp.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
If you are going to rant about the game, at least do it in the appropriate subforum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21).

Dnd
Feb 27, 2013, 12:05 PM
in terms of the story of the game, I think it fits perfectly. Even tho nowadays I generally skip them unless they are a red code (or 80% of the objects spawn in-front of me xD). the doors you cant skip anyway so its a moot point

Klypto
Feb 27, 2013, 01:38 PM
I usually ignore them unless by chance I stumble upon an item to collect and we manage to pick them all up.

That or I'm bored waiting for something.

Drifting Fable
Feb 27, 2013, 01:54 PM
Guess I'm in the minority because I like code collect. Free exp for zooming around the map? I won't complain. The items tend to spawn as kill with the MPA hoarde, so its not like it's the worst e-code in the game.

That belongs to Code: Present. RNG personified.

jaudain
Feb 27, 2013, 02:15 PM
Ditto, I don't particularly like the code, but i have no problem with it and if its going to give me exp then I'm game =]

supersonix9
Feb 27, 2013, 02:18 PM
Code Collect with eggs/whatever is boring. Terminals are fun.

oh and people taking emizel seriously

[SPOILER-BOX]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
cheers.

EvilMag
Feb 27, 2013, 02:20 PM
I only do collect with eggs so Melitta can say that I have the knack.

Mekhana
Feb 27, 2013, 02:22 PM
I like them but because I run AQs.

Basically you don't open the barrier until the spawns stop to collect as many capsules gems and loot as possible.

The spawns last a really long time. So it's always a happy occasion.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2013, 02:22 PM
Eggs and Fossils are easy. It's crystals that are completely stupid because they don't show up unless you're an inch away from them. Barriers are usually quick but they just tack on to the annoyance of hunting Burn Draals. Honestly, collects aren't bad (again, besides crystals). Eliminations in Caves and City are more irritating just because it's pretty common to run into ones that take forever to spawn enemies.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 02:25 PM
Well, there's one thing I like about the gate code collect from the caves, it makes fordoran's spawn, which is useful for the Deband EX drink client order.

Para
Feb 27, 2013, 02:43 PM
Code collects need to be more rewarding imo. If they were more rewarding for the work and time put into collecting the items that are scattered across the map, I am sure people would take more interest in doing them.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 03:28 PM
Well, there's one thing I like about the gate code collect from the caves, it makes fordoran's spawn, which is useful for the Deband EX drink client order.

This is the thing. Code collects DO suck...but the forced fordran spawn doesn't.

I say just remove the doors or leave the doors but allow them to open after you kill the fordrans. Or limit the distance collect blocks can show up, like have them always show up within 2 grids. Kind of like the key collects in the hunar EMQ that spawn as soon as you enter the field. Those are fine because you're not forced to backtrack 7 fucking grids in multiple directions, it's right at the entrance so everything is right there. It's a huge time sink that shouldn't exist.

Nikoshae
Feb 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
Don't like that emergency code? Just skip it.

Kind of hard when you get the type that blockades you, i.e. the caves collect codes lol ...

I don't mind them if I can bypass them for the greater good. I'll even do it if I'm not doing a timed CO. But I do mind them if I get blockaded and *must* do them, because it usually happens ... during a timed CO lol ...

Anyway, yeah. I like that they have them in there, because it mixes it up a bit beyond the usual kill X amount to proceed, or kill one giant enemy, or avoid this ... I'd like them to add even more different emergency types.

Eggs and Fossils are easy. It's crystals that are completely stupid because they don't show up unless you're an inch away from them.

omg quoted for so much truth ... that type ALWAYS takes forever XD

Phantasy Hero
Feb 27, 2013, 03:48 PM
I love collecting, it sends a good wave of badnics at you. plus quick exp and money is good in my book

Lostbob117
Feb 27, 2013, 03:50 PM
Once again another. complaining thread. You should really just make a whole thread called "My complaints about pso2". Or perhaps just stop making complain threads overall cause they are annoying and dumb.

TheDeFiler
Feb 27, 2013, 03:55 PM
EMERGENCY......CODE........COLLECT!

Blackheart521
Feb 27, 2013, 03:59 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/ds9/ra3/pso/story/Ep1_GranSquall_BernieHasTheKnack.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 04:01 PM
Once again another. complaining thread. You should really just make a whole thread called "My complaints about pso2". Or perhaps just stop making complain threads overall cause they are annoying and dumb.

Yeah, but this one is actually valid. Code block collects in caves are fucking dumb.

Railkune
Feb 27, 2013, 04:30 PM
Code Collect with eggs/whatever is boring. Terminals are fun.

oh and people taking emizel seriously

[SPOILER-BOX]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
cheers.

You and that gif. xD

@Giga: I actually 'kind' of like the block collect ones for the few exp, but I do hate when I have to run to the far edges of a large map to grab the blocks.

Eikahe
Feb 27, 2013, 05:05 PM
The keys are downright annoying to me, since they make them completely mandatory to move forward. Besides that, I don't mind the fossil collection or the others of the same principle. They're stupid easy as is and they're practically mindless.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2013, 05:15 PM
the keys are great in an MPA when the door breaks you up into two groups. you each get the closest keys since twice as many spawn as necessary so you don't need to go and get the crazy outliers.

also increased mob spawn rate during the codes so you can just let it elapse and continue on without going out of your way to collect anything

Lostbob117
Feb 27, 2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah, but this one is actually valid. Code block collects in caves are fucking dumb.

Not even close to valid, I doubt anyone here really cares about complaining about anything really, because SOJ will never see it. If he were asking tips to make it less tedious that would be valid.

Blackheart521
Feb 27, 2013, 07:52 PM
I like how people are complaining about how in the "Code: Collect"s in Caves there are doors that block your path until you collect all of the keys yet everyone is always complaining on other threads how you can just run straight through maps... Quite contradictory. ^^;

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 08:00 PM
Not even close to valid, I doubt anyone here really cares about complaining about anything really, because SOJ will never see it. If he were asking tips to make it less tedious that would be valid.

Go farm for a sacred duster for 3 months, then tell me how you feel about code wall collects.

I'll wait.

And by that rationalization nobody fucking cares about anything ever full stop, because it won't impact the game. Like your wiki. Oh, I guess you figured that one out in the end.

I like how people are complaining about how in the "Code: Collect"s in Caves there are doors that block your path until you collect all of the keys yet everyone is always complaining on other threads how you can just run straight through maps... Quite contradictory. ^^;

You do know there's more maps than caves and city, right?

Blackheart521
Feb 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
You do know there's more maps than caves and city, right?

Yeah but even so, there ARE cases where you actually have to do things to open a pathway other than in TA but people hate it in those cases... It's like a case of "You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't".

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
It's not what people actually want, though. With a code collect you're not rewarded or motivated for that much extra work. Compare it to AQ's, where you ARE rewarded for all the extra work, and you're on to the message people are trying to convey.

They don't want to be FORCED to stop. They want a GOOD REASON to stop. Strong enemies + working towards a great PSE burst isn't the same as HURR DURR HERE'S A WALL SPEND 2 MINUTES BACKTRACKING AND I'LL GIVE YOU 1500 EXP LOL

ShinMaruku
Mar 5, 2013, 03:02 PM
That tart says that to everybody. :P