PDA

View Full Version : Problems launching PSO2

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 27, 2013, 08:04 PM
For some reason, my game just exits out of the Phantasy Star 2 right after the opening video is over. :-? Can someone help me and tell e what's wrong. i need some way to fix this and I'm dying to play the game.

jooozek
Feb 27, 2013, 08:04 PM
turn off radeonpro

Klypto
Feb 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
Well, considering the servers are offline and the game is being updated with a major patch...

Can you come back later and try again after the patch?

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 27, 2013, 08:06 PM
How do I reach radeonpro?

Alright when is the patch finished?^^;

jooozek
Feb 27, 2013, 08:07 PM
well, if you dont use radeonpro, you dont reach it so exclude that as a reason

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 27, 2013, 08:08 PM
How do I know when the servers are shut down???

The game works perfectly fine, I update it and it launches, its just that after the SEGA message and the opening video, the game just exits out

ashley50
Feb 27, 2013, 08:10 PM
How do I know when the servers are shut down???

When the servers are shut down, you won't be able to play anymore.
Same goes for everyone.

jooozek
Feb 27, 2013, 08:11 PM
if it crashes right before the actual 3d part jumps in then you can try to switch to simple shaders in the launcher

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 27, 2013, 08:12 PM
okay I'll try turning my simple drawing settings to one and see if that helps

I've just tried to skip the opening video, the game still seems to exie out of itself

Is there any other suggestions that you have for me?

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2013, 08:15 PM
You're having issues with your 3D clearly, at least for PSO2. Do other 3D games run fine on that computer? It could be an issue with your graphics card.

Edit: Also don't multi post, there is an edit button.

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 27, 2013, 08:16 PM
I play other games that are 3d like vindictus and some fps games like combat arms. These games mostly lag sometimes

is there any way i can replace the graphic card??

I guess I'll try to ask some more and try to resolve tomorrow. Thanks for your help tonight guys really appreciate it, feel free to put up more solutions too

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 08:21 PM
is there any way i can replace the graphic card??
If you are on a desktop PC: yes, very easily. If it is a store bought PC, odds are it has an integrated graphics unit, so the PCI express slot should be free, so it would be a simple matter of buying a new card and plugging it in.

You might want to maybe check your graphics card's drivers first, though.

Infinity Series
Feb 27, 2013, 08:23 PM
try file-checking

i have experience it before, after file-checking,
apparently there's 1 file missing from the game >_>

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 08:29 PM
If you are on a desktop PC: yes, very easily. If it is a store bought PC, odds are it has an integrated graphics unit, so the PCI express slot should be free, so it would be a simple matter of buying a new card and plugging it in.

You might want to maybe check your graphics card's drivers first, though.

Aren't the power supplies on storebought PCs absurdly undersized?

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 08:31 PM
Aren't the power supplies on storebought PCs absurdly undersized?
A lower end graphics card will work fine. It's just a matter of finding one that isn't too power intensive.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 08:36 PM
I dunno I bought my cousin a new card that was just for HTPC purposes. cost us 40 dollars for the card but when I looked up the power requirements and compared them the to stock power supply it had overshot the power supply but about 30 watts. fortunately he got the PC used and the PC's power supply had already blown once so it had a newer, higher capacity power supply than what came stock.

if not for that, I'd have to have changed the power supply too.

Ezodagrom
Feb 27, 2013, 08:41 PM
A lower end graphics card will work fine. It's just a matter of finding one that isn't too power intensive.
The Radeon HD7750 and Geforce GTX 650 (not the Ti) are rather good performing graphics cards and they both have low power consumption (they don't even require a power connector).
Those two are currently the best graphics cards for someone who has a weak power supply.

Anduril
Feb 27, 2013, 08:43 PM
It is a legitimate concern, to be sure, but doing a bit of research before purchase is all it requires. If the power supply is an issue, there are budget priced ones that can usually do the job as well.

SociableTyrannosaur
Feb 27, 2013, 09:04 PM
oh I know. I just didn't want someone to buy a new card and then find out they shorted something because the powersupply was undersized.

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 08:08 PM
Okay, so how can I file- check my game?

Anduril
Feb 28, 2013, 08:25 PM
Okay, so how can I file- check my game?
Third button down on the launcher.

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 08:26 PM
oh lol
I'll check right away

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 08:31 PM
Will the launcher immediately download the missing files??

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 08:36 PM
says my database is up to date

Anduril
Feb 28, 2013, 08:44 PM
Have you made sure that your video drivers are up to date?

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 08:58 PM
I don't know how to do this kind of stuff :P
I'm not a techno guy

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 09:03 PM
so how can i check my video drivers

Anduril
Feb 28, 2013, 09:25 PM
so how can i check my video drivers
Depends on your operating system. Google "check video drivers for" then your OS.

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 09:31 PM
alright thanks bro I'll pm you if i need anymore help

XenoPhosphorus
Feb 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
wow says it's up to date to

Anduril
Feb 28, 2013, 09:43 PM
Could you post your computer specs and OS?

XenoPhosphorus
Mar 1, 2013, 04:32 PM
like security systems?

Electabuzzkill
Mar 2, 2013, 01:03 PM
I just downlaoded PSO2 for my Vita from the Japanese store even though I live in America. I recenty made a SEGA account, but after choosing a ship (green status) and entering my recentpy made SEGA id and password, a text box shows up in japanese with error 685. what is this and how do I fix it? Is my SEGA id different than my SEGA username? help me please im so desperate to strt playing!!

XenoPhosphorus
Apr 24, 2013, 05:02 PM
Well since I haven't figured it out by now, I'll just uninstall the game. Thanks for your help guys, I play vindictus if you wanna find me