PDA

View Full Version : Need to be brought up to speed...

s3rial_one
Apr 1, 2003, 01:56 PM
I just got PSO a few days ago. I was planning on waiting for PSOX, but I got a Gamecube for my birthday and Gamestop still had a BBA left, so I figured: why not?

I seem to be sorely out of practice, though. I just don't remember the game being this difficult on the DC.

My FOmar's getting smacked around like a little schoolgirl. My mag's been fed nothing but monomates and dimates since I started the game, and at level 13 now, I've got a high-30s mag with something like 12 defense and 25 power.

It took me 3 tries to kill De Rol Le, and even then the successful attempt took nearly half an hour, as my 10 monofluids and 10 difluids didn't last long, and I had to take him out with a brand.

Did the GCN version become more difficult, or am I just really out of practice?

Also, is a slicer a viable weapon for a FOmar without having to invest significant ATA boosts in the mag? I dislike mech guns, and I just don't feel comfortable fighting so close with a saber. Granted, my FOmar's still very young, and I don't really get any use out of s/d or j/z yet, but...

Argh... I'm just feeling lost and overwhelmed. Anyone have any pointers? Anything someone who hasn't played in years ought to know?

Vitamin_D
Apr 1, 2003, 02:04 PM
The problem here is your FOmar...I don't have one, but i here they're difficult to play as, but in the end they're quite formidable. Stick with it I say. And put some Mind on your Mag...

Joe-Azlin
Apr 1, 2003, 05:25 PM
ur a force........so u need a mostly mind mag lol, but its ur mag so im not gunna tell u wat 2 do so rock on lol

LegendaryMage
Apr 1, 2003, 05:39 PM
Your not going to be able to Melee as a force yet. So you have to stick to multiple hitting spells like Rafoie for De Rol Le or else the battle with take even longer than a ranger (who I find hard to fight De Rol Le with aswell). Feed your poor deprived MAG some Fluids man!

Yosho
Apr 1, 2003, 10:49 PM
I started a Hunter first then raised a mind mag for a FOmar and got him lots of techs and weps, had a really easy start

KnuxAran
Apr 1, 2003, 11:55 PM
lol I agree with it being hard to fight De Rol Le with a Ranger! I just kept using Resta. Once I got past Normal, the rest were easy though.

LegendaryMage
Apr 2, 2003, 07:23 AM
If only you could get one of those multiple target weapons at that point in the game, the battle may of not lasted roughly 20 minutes.

I just had the easist battle with my 14 FOnewm yesterday, all you have to do is cast Rafoie on him several times. He didnt even have a chance to turn the lights off! It looks awesome when all his body segments shatter at once.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 2, 2003, 07:40 AM
I think the fact is he probably doesn't have rafoie yet...although gifoie or gizonde probably work, as well.

The FOmar is a really item-dependent class...and really not much for beginners to the game. In that context, I mean beginners to the GCN version of the game, not PSO on the whole.

Although, it would really be an accomplishment to see a person with their first character a FOmar to level up into the 150+s...stick with it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s3rial_one
Apr 2, 2003, 08:36 AM
Although, it would really be an accomplishment to see a person with their first character a FOmar to level up into the 150+s...stick with it

That's what I intend to do. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I've started dropping some mind points into my mag, but it's getting so expensive that I can't afford to constantly feed it. I burn through 5000 maseta in dufluids a lot faster than I can make it, at this point.

I'm up to level 20 now, in the mines. I picked up a slicer with 25% machine on it, and it does fairly well in the mines. My mag's something 15/32/2/6. My plan for now is to turn this mag into a mind mag (at least from here on out), and when I have the cash, to start raising a second mag that's balanced between power, dex, and mind.

So far I've got s/d at 2/2 and j/z at 2/3, and I've found j/z to be utterly useless, and s/d to be less than impressive. But, it's enough to help me get by... anything that boosts my feeble damage output is welcome, in my eyes.

Is there a way for me to quickly make some cash to feed my mag? I've already done all the quests that're available.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 2, 2003, 09:40 AM
Your not going to be able to Melee as a force yet. So you have to stick to multiple hitting spells like Rafoie for De Rol Le or else the battle with take even longer than a ranger (who I find hard to fight De Rol Le with aswell).

Give a photon launcher to a Ranger (Photon Launcher, Guilty Light, Red Scorpio, Snow Queen) and De Rol Le as well as Dal Ral Lie/Barba Ray become so much easier to kill. Mechguns combined with high ATP and zalure also work as well.

S/D/J/Z at those levels you mentioned are almost useless, but keep at it...they'll get much better as you find high level disks, and they'll eventually be your FOmar's best friends.