Can anyone assess the two FO Weapons for me (beyond what's written):

Psycho Wand -- 3 gold star
-Launches random Tech w/ special
-Steals HP and x% TP w/ each cast

Dark Bridge -- 2 gol stars
-looks neat
-No special hit
-Steal HP and x% TP w/ each cast

or does it about cover it? I know the psycho wand raise one of your stats a little more (evasion?) but aside from that, is it more powerful? (I'm know it doesn't raise your mind) but I didn't know if it raised certain techniques (i.e. laconium increases foie by 20% or 30%?)

VulpesMundi
Apr 1, 2003, 03:34 PM
I can cover the Psycho Wand no sweat. But I've never seen a Dark Bridge and have heard a lot of conflicting reports on what it does, so someone else will have to tell you about that.

Psycho Wand
requires 900 MST
+ 50 DFP
+ 30% damage to Rafoie, Razonde, and Rabarta
TP cost is reduced by 50%
HP is stolen at the amount of the original technique cost whenever a spell is cast

The Psycho Wand is easier to find than the Parasitic Gene "Flow".

Elusive_Llama
Apr 1, 2003, 04:22 PM
I can cover the Dark Bridge, as I've handled one.

Beyond what is written on the PSOW database, it too decreases tp cost by 50%. It also steals hp but only by half the spell cost. So if a Rafoie is 30tp, you'll spend 15tp and 15hp casting the spell. The Psychowand will make you spend 15tp and 30hp.

DB also gives a boost to Grants, but I can't say whether it makes Megid penetrate as I have a Fonewearl. People say that it does.

The major drawback of Dark Bridge is that it also likes to drop status ailments on you, at random times. Sometimes, if you're really lucky, it'll drop more than one status ailment (ie. paralyzed, frozen and confused all at once). I have seen and experienced this first hand.

I have heard that it will also drop an instant death, but I cannot verify this as it has not happened to me.

Final summary: Psychowand is much better despite the higher hp drain, just cast a resta every now and then to keep healthy. The status ailments are not worth the trouble of keeping a Dark Bridge.

Word of warning: If a Dark/Chaos Bringer is in the room, you'd better unequip the PW or DB before it can do its tp-draining special attack. When your tp is being drained, your PW or DB will also be eating into your health. It is very possible to die before you even know what hit you :/

Vanango
Apr 3, 2003, 04:59 AM
On 2003-04-01 13:22, Elusive_Llama wrote:

Word of warning: If a Dark/Chaos Bringer is in the room, you'd better unequip the PW or DB before it can do its tp-draining special attack. When your tp is being drained, your PW or DB will also be eating into your health. It is very possible to die before you even know what hit you :/

Thanks so much for your reply... that last part in particular explains a lot of my deaths... lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

eXo
Apr 3, 2003, 03:52 PM
Man I have to get me a psycho wand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

dj_dan
Apr 3, 2003, 04:07 PM
Dark Bridge boosts Grants as much as a Caduceus does, and yes it makes Megid penetrate.

Also, it consumes less hp than the Psycho Wand, as stated in a previous post.