PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia and AMD Anti-Aliasing and SweetFX Guide

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 19, 2013, 04:01 PM
Dude, what the fuck is your problem? You've been all this time, wth your shitty attitude towards me. If you don't have anything useful to say you could keep your remarks to yourself. Yes we all know that you got an awesome GPU and that is better than mine. We don't care. Now go hug it if it makes you happy.

I don't have any program to record it nor any place to upload, but I'll try to show it with screenshots. The block cnahger banner is pretty obvious even like that.

This is with the game's default settings without touching anything in Nvidia Inspector.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i38.tinypic.com/wwkaw9.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/6zmph4.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/166wv3q.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/2s6odxs.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/flhn4x.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/23h8x7c.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/23j07r7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I suppose I don't need to point out the issue at all. You can see that the lime green banner there has this sort of waves that constantly shift as my position towards it changes. It happens just by moving the camera as well. Something similar to this happens on Amudiscia cubes surfaces, but it's more difficult to catch on a screenshot because the details are very small.

When I use any sort of MSAA + SGSSAA setting (be it 2x, 4x or 8x) this effect dissapears, the surface is smooth and you gotta look really really carefully to notice any shifting in the texture at all. Amudiscia's cubes don't show any noticeable shift either.

It's possible that I'm making a huge deal out of something silly, but it's pretty much the only thing that jumps to my eyes when I play. The jagged edges are also a bit annoying but well, I do digital art and I know that it's impossible to make a perfectly straight diagonal line with pixels

I didn't care too much about this issue since the most obvious display was the block changer, but the problem is that the new area is basically composed of surfaces that do this and pairing that with that annoying fog, it drives my head into migraines. x_x

When I set the antialiasing I put it to high quality and as I say I don't get the shimmer anymore, but then it slows down, of course. xD

I play in virtual fullscreen mode with the default settings, but when I try any new setup I switch to true fullcreen. I know that it has a noticeable impact in the performance (although I didn't think it was necessary at first, but now I do)

Oh yeah. That just happens when you use anti-aliasing in this game lol. I don't know why it does it, but you can't get around it. I haven't seen it do that to anything other than the little screens, which I honestly think looks cool haha. I am also not very far into the game (like level 27 or 28 or something). I have put a large amount of time into the stuff related to this thread XD I honestly enjoy doing this kind of stuff as much as I enjoy playing games (weird, I know haha).

Anyway, it is unavoidable. Sorry we went through like 4 pages of discussion to get to this conclusion.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 19, 2013, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry, I'm confused. You're saying forcing the better AA settings is solving the issue but the framerate is unsatisfactory, right?

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 19, 2013, 04:07 PM
Wait....Your's are green....mine are black ????

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 04:09 PM
Oh yeah. That just happens when you use anti-aliasing in this game lol. I don't know why it does it, but you can't get around it. I haven't seen it do that to anything other than the little screens, which I honestly think looks cool haha. I am also not very far into the game (like level 27 or 28 or something). I have put a large amount of time into the stuff related to this thread XD I honestly enjoy doing this kind of stuff as much as I enjoy playing games (weird, I know haha).

Anyway, it is unavoidable. Sorry we went through like 4 pages of discussion to get to this conclusion.

Sorry but my experience has showed me differently. <_< I get that when I don't use antialiasing (or when I use the game's built-in). When I force other anti-aliasing tweaks through Nvidia Inspector I'm able to get rid of it at the cost of a very huge drop in the framerate.

I suppose is unavoidable for my graphics card, but at least in my case I've been able to fix it "theoretically". Now if I could just make it usable. xD

I'm sorry, I'm confused. You're saying forcing the better AA settings is solving the issue but the framerate is unsatisfactory, right?

Right.

Wait....Your's are green....mine are black ????

If you're talking about the lime green neon display on top of the elevator thing, then there's something wrong with your graphics as well. <_<

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 19, 2013, 04:10 PM
Darki, can you post the your current Nvidia Inspector settings? I might be able to help you get good performance.

Edit: I have my laptop running full 1080p HD with everything maxed out in game and using 8xMSAA (or maybe I use 16xCSAA). My laptop has a 660m, which is weaker than your card. Although my card laptop's card my have a larger memory bus.

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 04:13 PM
Currently I'm not using any custom setting in the Nvidia Inspector, but last I tried I posted it a couple pages ago, here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2963019&postcount=217). It gets rid of the shimmering but the framerate is already too bad, unfortunately. Also the blur gets tiresome after a while, since I'm shortsighted and my eyes are used to strain themselves when shit looks blurred.

I guess I'm just a lost cause. xD

Edit: I have my laptop running full 1080p HD with everything maxed out in game and using 8xMSAA (or maybe I use 16xCSAA). My laptop has a 660m, which is weaker than your card. Although my card laptop's card my have a larger memory bus.

For what's worth, I play at 1680x1050p.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 19, 2013, 04:16 PM
even at 4x MSAA + 2xSGSSAA?

As I understand it, this game is quirky enough that using a formula like that actually works and gives a performance boost.

I'm using 8xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA. Works remarkably well and I got a nice little performance boost too.

4x4 is a bit high for your card I think.

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 04:19 PM
even at 4x MSAA + 2xSGSSAA?

As I understand it, this game is quirky enough that using a formula like that actually works and gives a performance boost.

I'm using 8xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA. Works remarkably well and I got a nice little performance boost too.

4x4 is a bit high for your card I think.

Uh, "non-symmetric" setups (4x2 or something similar) go back to the shimmering and jagged effects, unfortunately, even if I go as far as 16x8. I've tried 2x2 but that blurs the image so much I'd rather deal with the shimmering, and it absolutely craps the hud.

As I said, a lost cause. :(

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 19, 2013, 04:20 PM
Currently I'm not using any custom setting in the Nvidia Inspector, but last I tried I posted it a couple pages ago, here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2963019&postcount=217). It gets rid of the shimmering but the framerate is already too bad, unfortunately. Also the blur gets tiresome after a while, since I'm shortsighted and my eyes are used to strain themselves when shit looks blurred.

I guess I'm just a lost cause. xD

For what's worth, I play at 1680x1050p

Even though I said not to earlier, you should switch texture filter - quality to quality. Not high quality, just quality. Then you should turn on the texture filtering optimizations, all three of them (they have optimization in the name lol). Also, I don't believe it works in directx games, but turn on gamma correction, just cause lol. If you want to, you can put anisotropic filtering down to 8x (there is hardly a visual difference). Test that out and see what kind of frames you get. Also, remember to use regular full screen, at least when testing this stuff out.

The goal of this is to try to free up your memory bandwidth so you can get better performance out of the anti-aliasing.

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 04:23 PM
Even though I said not to earlier, you should switch texture filter - quality to quality. Not high quality, just quality. Then you should turn on the texture filtering optimizations, all three of them (they have optimization in the name lol). Also, I don't believe it works in directx games, but turn on gamma correction, just cause lol. If you want to, you can put anisotropic filtering down to 8x (there is hardly a visual difference). Test that out and see what kind of frames you get. Also, remember to use regular full screen, at least when testing this stuff out.

The goal of this is to try to free up your memory bandwidth so you can get better performance out of the anti-aliasing.

You mean that without any other AA setting?

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 19, 2013, 04:23 PM
Uh, "non-symmetric" setups (4x2 or something similar) go back to the shimmering and jagged effects, unfortunately, even if I go as far as 16x8. I've tried 2x2 but that blurs the image so much I'd rather deal with the shimmering, and it absolutely craps the hud.

Yeah, you aren't supposed to use different multiples from a technical standpoint, but it looks better in this game, with the exception of those screens. I really don't understand why.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 19, 2013, 04:24 PM
You mean that without any other AA setting?

Nope, you should use the AA setting too. Use the setting you like the most. What matters is getting the setting you like to work.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 19, 2013, 04:28 PM

I did say I know it's not supposed to work that way, but this game is weird, didn't I?

Rhino and Sizu both have confirmed this works. I wouldn't have tried it if they hadn't.

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 04:31 PM
I did say I know it's not supposed to work that way, but this game is weird, didn't I?

Rhino and Sizu both have confirmed this works. I wouldn't have tried it if they hadn't.

Well I have confirmed that it doesn't fix my issue as well. I guess my graphics card is somewhat temperamental? xD

Chik'Tikka
Apr 19, 2013, 04:32 PM
i have 2 monitors, but every time i place focus on another window with alt+tab or whatever PSO2 minimizes, cause it to crash every single time+^_^+ i've tried re-installing but that didn't work+^_^+ if there was a way to keep it from minimizing I'd play FS+^_^+

@Darki, what kinda monitor are you using? it could be possible your PC doesn't like your monitor+^_^+

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 19, 2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah I see what you mean. I have the same issue with my current settings but I didn't even notice until you brought it up.

Pretty clear the game itself is pretty temperamental.

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 04:38 PM
@Darki, what kinda monitor are you using? it could be possible your PC doesn't like your monitor+^_^+

Uh, not really sure how to answer that. My monitor has never given me any issue before, but I bought it around 4 years ago. This one (http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/acer-p223w/4505-3174_7-32569192.html).

Chik'Tikka
Apr 19, 2013, 04:52 PM
Uh, not really sure how to answer that. My monitor has never given me any issue before, but I bought it around 4 years ago. This one (http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/acer-p223w/4505-3174_7-32569192.html).

well, then that's not the issue (was thinking maybe using VGA input had something to do with something)+^_^+ i do know that when i tried MSAA + SSAA i saw the shimmer you speak of i think in the sanctum (and on someone's white tux), but going back to 2x SGSSAA nipped most of it. but that stuff never bothered me, maybe your just overly sensitive??? maybe you should invest in some of those computer monitor glasses or something+^_^+

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 05:08 PM
With these settings the game seems to go very smooth, still a bit blurry but not as much as before. Rhino tell me if I set something wrong from what you had in mind:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i34.tinypic.com/s2h16p.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I was pleasantly surprised to notice that even with the fog in Dragon Altar it doesn't drop under 50FPS. Now techs on screen are a different matter. I tested this alone so I suppose things would get much worse in a MPA; but spamming Zondeel by myself already cut the FPS by half (from the V-Sync'd 60 FPS that I capped the game with). I don't really care that much about the screen going in "jumps" but the problem is that the game slows down and it kills my timing for all the JAs. And since in the middle of a Zondeel party I can't see my character too well I'd probably miss all the hits, lol.

On top of doing this, I reduced pretty much every ingame efect except area lighting and I think light shaft as well. Not sure if that helped by much, but since the game looks very nice with these post effects I didn't really see them necessary.

but that stuff never bothered me, maybe your just overly sensitive??? maybe you should invest in some of those computer monitor glasses or something+^_^+

I can live with it, but again I don't see why the fuss about me attemping to improve the quality of my settings. If it can be done then awesome, if not, well, bad luck. But considering that it has taken a good deal of pages for the people here to realize what is the issue I was talking about, I'd say maybe now we can come up with an acceptable fix.

But hey, if I'm bothering too much people by asking stuff then I guess I'm the one who should shut up and leave the thread then? I don't think I did anything to bother anybody anyways. =/

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 19, 2013, 05:08 PM
well, then that's not the issue (was thinking maybe using VGA input had something to do with something)+^_^+ i do know that when i tried MSAA + SSAA i saw the shimmer you speak of i think in the sanctum (and on someone's white tux), but going back to 2x SGSSAA nipped most of it. but that stuff never bothered me, maybe your just overly sensitive??? maybe you should invest in some of those computer monitor glasses or something+^_^+

Oh the humor.

Darki
Apr 19, 2013, 08:16 PM
Why can't we all just get along. -_-

Anyways. Since we got Falz I did some tests with MPA and techs, and also in Dragon Altar and it goes as smooth as it can get without shimmering effects, it drops the FPS but hardly under 30 which is acceptable for me, I guess. Also, for some reason 4x2 has decided to work, although it makes some artifacts the performance is noticeably better than 4x4. I was trying to set 8x2 since the hard-hitting one was in theory the SGSSAA, but this one doesn't seem to work, or I'm doing something wrong. I suppose this would look sharper but might keep the frames a bit higher and maybe some shimmering left, but can't really tell.

So not too sure about what to do. I guess I'll try to deal with the slowing down since I've managed to reduce it to huge effect techs in 4x4 and even without them is normal to get some lag when you get in a zondeel fest.

Also, would overclocking help with this issue (since you told me about the VRAM problem)? I was thinking on doing it since it gave me good results on my previous GPU even though I never used it to allow for post-effects, just to make the card work a bit better. As far as I can tell my card should be able to keep up with a 660ti if properly overclocked. As long as I can win even a small amount of frames over it, I should be able to do a good job with it since my card is an edition with a good cooling.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 19, 2013, 09:43 PM
Why can't we all just get along. -_-

Anyways. Since we got Falz I did some tests with MPA and techs, and also in Dragon Altar and it goes as smooth as it can get without shimmering effects, it drops the FPS but hardly under 30 which is acceptable for me, I guess. Also, for some reason 4x2 has decided to work, although it makes some artifacts the performance is noticeably better than 4x4. I was trying to set 8x2 since the hard-hitting one was in theory the SGSSAA, but this one doesn't seem to work, or I'm doing something wrong. I suppose this would look sharper but might keep the frames a bit higher and maybe some shimmering left, but can't really tell.

So not too sure about what to do. I guess I'll try to deal with the slowing down since I've managed to reduce it to huge effect techs in 4x4 and even without them is normal to get some lag when you get in a zondeel fest.

Also, would overclocking help with this issue (since you told me about the VRAM problem)? I was thinking on doing it since it gave me good results on my previous GPU even though I never used it to allow for post-effects, just to make the card work a bit better. As far as I can tell my card should be able to keep up with a 660ti if properly overclocked. As long as I can win even a small amount of frames over it, I should be able to do a good job with it since my card is an edition with a good cooling.

Overclocking should help a bit, although overclocking will not fix your memory bus. Goodluck on your overclocking venture! Wish I could overclock my SLI keeps my top card extremely hot at stock settings lol. I actually had to lower the stock voltage as much as I could to reduce temps on full load lol.

hypothermiac
Apr 19, 2013, 10:30 PM
has anyone tried using the AA for AMD/ATI graphic cards? i've been playing with the AA settings, either i cant see any distinct difference or the HUD is shimmering.

Sizustar
Apr 19, 2013, 10:42 PM
has anyone tried using the AA for AMD/ATI graphic cards? i've been playing with the AA settings, either i cant see any distinct difference or the HUD is shimmering.

AMD user uses RadeonPro and SweetFX, and I know of only one person using it.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2962859&postcount=1179

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 20, 2013, 12:10 AM

This is the only game I have played where I have been jealous of AMD GPU users lol. Nvidia Inspector is nice and all, but nothing works 100% in this game, and SweetFX is so nice. I would love to make a profile for this game if only it would work for me haha.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 20, 2013, 01:35 AM

woah... i might just respec my build for AMD now.... +^_^+ but i have no experience with AMD hardware or drivers, would the AA bits rhino work with them?

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 20, 2013, 01:48 AM
woah... i might just respec my build for AMD now.... +^_^+ but i have no experience with AMD hardware or drivers, would the AA bits rhino work with them?

Nope. Nvidia only. SweetFX works on nvidia cards too, just not in this game. You can thank gamegusrd for that :/

Chik'Tikka
Apr 20, 2013, 02:03 AM
Nope. Nvidia only. SweetFX works on nvidia cards too, just not in this game. You can thank gamegusrd for that :/

since i have yet to actually buy my Mobo, CPU, or GPU, and since PSO2 is like the only game i play right now, I'm specing it out to run 8x SGSSAA and quality AO well above 60 FPS, hopefully I'll have it up and running by September+^_^+ now, due to GG being a pain, if it turns out i can get better results with AMD card i will go that route, wasn't planning to, but now that Radeon Pro is being updated with support for SweetFX on PSO2 I'm back on the fence+^_^+ of course i remember AIDA saying something about seeing if SweatFX can be made to work after the item translation project is done, and i don't expect to have a new card by then so i guess i'll wait+^_^+

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 20, 2013, 02:05 AM
probably better to go with the cards that are superior. granted we can't use DLL injection atm but with AIDA working out the items names, something tells me this may change.

...Just sit tight and keep saving.

Sizustar
Apr 20, 2013, 04:08 AM
probably better to go with the cards that are superior. granted we can't use DLL injection atm but with AIDA working out the items names, something tells me this may change.

...Just sit tight and keep saving.

Which would be an AMD card, and with AMD being in all the future console, game will possible be more optomized for them, and price to performance, it's still AMD.
Unless you're going the 400~1000 GPU, then it's Nvidia..

Although a $250 7870 XT is comparable to my $420 GTX 670 4gb = =

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2013, 07:18 AM
This is the only game I have played where I have been jealous of AMD GPU users lol. Nvidia Inspector is nice and all, but nothing works 100% in this game, and SweetFX is so nice. I would love to make a profile for this game if only it would work for me haha.
Only SweetFX works 100% for AMD users anyway.
Ambient occlusion causes weird shadows during loading screens (not a big issue, in-game it looks fine, even though I only tried it for a few minutes), and neither SweetFX or AO effects appear in pictures taken with the game screenshot feature, they are only captured by radeon pro's screenshots taking feature (which means there's no taking pictures without the UI)...

I'm going to be playing around with Radeon Pro's ambient occlusion today, trying different bit flags and such, to see if I could find something with slightly stronger shadows. ^^;

Unfortunately there's no option to try different compatibility bit flags for AA in Radeon Pro, there's only a few preset profiles,
So far I only tried SSAA, none of the preset profiles work, the game doesn't even open with any of them. I tried out the driver's default SSAA, nothing happens in-game.
I'm going to be trying MSAA later today, but I doubt I'll have any success with it...

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 20, 2013, 10:21 AM
Which would be an AMD card, and with AMD being in all the future console, game will possible be more optomized for them, and price to performance, it's still AMD.
Unless you're going the 400~1000 GPU, then it's Nvidia..

Although a $250 7870 XT is comparable to my $420 GTX 670 4gb = =

Last I checked mid range cards were neck and neck while nvidia pulled away in the high end range.

No way nvidia is losing its pull with the heavy hitters, it's going to take more than one console (new xbox is a lost cause thanks to the recent revelations)to change something like that.

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2013, 10:27 AM
Last I checked mid range cards were neck and neck while nvidia pulled away in the high end range.

No way nvidia is losing its pull with the heavy hitters, it's going to take more than one console (new xbox is a lost cause thanks to the recent revelations)to change something like that.
Other than Geforce Titan (which is an enthusiast card, above high-end), currently even the high-end AMD and Nvidia cards are at similar performance and prices (Geforce GTX 680 vs Radeon HD7970 GHz edition).

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 20, 2013, 10:33 AM
That's probably true for games not optimized for nvidia cards. Too many games are written for nvidia cards though so you have to take that into account.

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2013, 10:51 AM
That's probably true for games not optimized for nvidia cards. Too many games are written for nvidia cards though so you have to take that into account.
I'm basing my post on the average result from both cards in a bunch of different games, the picture is from a Geforce Titan review, but the GTX680 and HD7970 GHz are in there too:

[spoiler-box]http://tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_Titan/images/perfrel_1920.gif[/spoiler-box]

Checking reviews from other websites, the 7970 GHz and GTX 680 are usually at similar levels of performance in multiple games.
This is nice though, both AMD and Nvidia having good graphics cards at so many price ranges.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 20, 2013, 10:56 AM
I had an essay typed out.....on my phone.....listing the pros and cons of and and nvidia, along with my experiences using both of them. Took me about 20 min to type on my phone...when I hit post quick reply, the site was down for a bit. I wanted to throw my phone across the room. When I get on my computer I might type it out again. It probably wasnt as long as I think it was, but because it was on my phone, it felt like it was a large essay lol.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 20, 2013, 10:57 AM
Keep in mind that the 7970 GHz edition is REALLY LOUD!

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2013, 11:02 AM
Keep in mind that the 7970 GHz edition is REALLY LOUD!
Even with custom coolers? o-o;
Personally I only have an HD6850, so I can't comment on noise issues in high-end cards.

When it comes to pros and cons, in my opinion both AMD and Nvidia have their pros and cons, they both have their good things and bad things.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 20, 2013, 11:07 AM
Personally I only have an HD6850, so I can't comment on noise issues in high-end cards.

When it comes to pros and cons, in my opinion both AMD and Nvidia have their pros and cons, they both have their good things and bad things.

I watched a review of the card the other day. I can't remember which one it was, although it may have been reference.

Sizustar
Apr 20, 2013, 11:08 AM

Yep, neither one is "best"
It just depends on your budget and need.

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2013, 11:10 AM
I watched a review of the card the other day. I can't remember which one it was, although it may have been reference.
Most likely yeah, a quick check in techpowerup, checked a review for a 7970GHz with a custom cooler (Asus Matrix), while the reference cooler is really loud, the custom one isn't:
[spoiler-box]http://tpucdn.com/reviews/ASUS/HD_7970_Matrix/images/fannoise_load.gif[/spoiler-box]

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 20, 2013, 11:15 AM
Ah alright. Nvm then :p

This thread has pretty much become an all purpose support thread lol
Its a good kind of off-topic.

Darki
Apr 20, 2013, 03:53 PM
Just to give a bit of an update, I finally overclocked my card, it didn't have roo much room for improvement since it was an already OC'd model, but still I managed to shave off some frames.

All that is left is to let time pass and see if I get used to the FPS drops (not being overly sensitive here at all, but consider that without post-effects my game used to run at 90 fps even in the middle of a zondeel fest Cross Burst in the middle of a sandstorm) or I decide to go back to default settings and sacrifice a bit of quality for performance. But for now I'm quite happy with how it goes and I think I prefer to deal with the situational slowdown than with headaches because of the shimmering effects.

I guess in the future I might get a second card and try it out. Thanks for all the help here!

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 20, 2013, 04:25 PM
Just to give a bit of an update, I finally overclocked my card, it didn't have roo much room for improvement since it was an already OC'd model, but still I managed to shave off some frames.

All that is left is to let time pass and see if I get used to the FPS drops (not being overly sensitive here at all, but consider that without post-effects my game used to run at 90 fps even in the middle of a zondeel fest Cross Burst in the middle of a sandstorm) or I decide to go back to default settings and sacrifice a bit of quality for performance. But for now I'm quite happy with how it goes and I think I prefer to deal with the situational slowdown than with headaches because of the shimmering effects.

I guess in the future I might get a second card and try it out. Thanks for all the help here!

Your welcome! If it matters, I have an SLI rig and, for the most part, it is great. There are some games that SLI doesn't work great for, but you usually don't need SLI in those games for it to run well haha. It works perfectly in PSO2 btw. As long as you don't buy every game as soon as it releases and put it down after a week, you will usually have SLI support.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
Other than Geforce Titan (which is an enthusiast card, above high-end), currently even the high-end AMD and Nvidia cards are at similar performance and prices (Geforce GTX 680 vs Radeon HD7970 GHz edition).

the titan is single GPU, which is cooler and smaller, but if your only gonna buy one card and you have the room the dual GPU 690 performs a bit faster with games, at least 1 card vs 1 card, in SLI the titan dominates+^_^+ i think i might wait on my build even longer and dump all of next years tax return+pell grants into a machine that will last me at least 10 years

Sizustar
Apr 20, 2013, 10:50 PM
the titan is single GPU, which is cooler and smaller, but if your only gonna buy one card and you have the room the dual GPU 690 performs a bit faster with games, at least 1 card vs 1 card, in SLI the titan dominates+^_^+ i think i might wait on my build even longer and dump all of next years tax return+pell grants into a machine that will last me at least 10 years

And AMD's 7990 is coming out next week, early bench shows it scoring higher then Titan and 690..

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2013, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately there's no option to try different compatibility bit flags for AA in Radeon Pro, there's only a few preset profiles,
So far I only tried SSAA, none of the preset profiles work, the game doesn't even open with any of them. I tried out the driver's default SSAA, nothing happens in-game.
I'm going to be trying MSAA later today, but I doubt I'll have any success with it...
To continue from what I posted before, as expected, MSAA also didn't work, same results as SSAA, no changes when using the driver's MSAA, game doesn't open when using Radeon Pro's profiles.

Also tried downsampling, but the downsampling tool for AMD cards doesn't work for me, it doesn't work in any game actually. I'm guessing it doesn't work because of my monitor...

Sizustar
Apr 20, 2013, 11:03 PM
To continue from what I posted before, as expected, MSAA also didn't work, same results as SSAA, no changes when using the driver's MSAA, game doesn't open when using Radeon Pro's profiles.

Also tried downsampling, but the downsampling tool for AMD cards doesn't work for me, it doesn't work in any game actually. I'm guessing it doesn't work because of my monitor...

Keep on trying different setting for RadeonPro~ as you're the only one with a AMD card, and getting it to work with SweetFX.
Would you mind trying other profiles for sweetFX and posting screenshots?
And sharing how you got it to work, because other people can't seem to get it to work.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2963728&postcount=34

Ezodagrom
Apr 20, 2013, 11:05 PM
Keep on trying different setting for RadeonPro~ as you're the only one with a AMD card, and getting it to work with SweetFX.
Would you mind trying other profiles for sweetFX and posting screenshots?
And sharing how you got it to work, because other people can't seem to get it to work.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2963728&postcount=34
I'll do so tomorrow, since it's really late where I live. I'm about to go to sleep now. ^^;

TaigaUC
Apr 21, 2013, 12:02 AM
This is a long thread so I haven't read through the entire thing, so I don't know if this is old information:
I was looking around and noticed that there are many Japanese sites with different Nvidia/AMD settings and profiles for PSO2. They might help someone.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 21, 2013, 02:22 AM
This is a long thread so I haven't read through the entire thing, so I don't know if this is old information:
I was looking around and noticed that there are many Japanese sites with different Nvidia/AMD settings and profiles for PSO2. They might help someone.

They don't work very well :p. Thanks though!

Arrow
Apr 21, 2013, 07:15 AM
Ok trying to figure out if my machine can handle this sorta thing (I'm sorta techno savvy, but not by much...If at all...)
I don't know what else is used for trying to go all out, but I figured this was the basics:

Intel Core i5 - 2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 MHZ, 2 cores, 4 logical processors.
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler]Didn't see any other thread on the first page where I could ask this

hypothermiac
Apr 21, 2013, 08:51 AM
i managed to get radeonpro + sweetfx to work, though i occasionally see this 'line' (sometimes 2) that splits and shifts a portion of my display. It disappears after a while though. Is there any solution to this?

Ok trying to figure out if my machine can handle this sorta thing (I'm sorta techno savvy, but not by much...If at all...)
I don't know what else is used for trying to go all out, but I figured this was the basics:

Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
[/spoiler-box]

i suspect that you wont get any high AA settings with the nvidia, though i could be wrong. best to try it out yourself.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 21, 2013, 10:06 AM

Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
Intel HD Graphics 3000
[/spoiler-box]

You won't be able to use this. Your laptop is probably just good enough to play the game maxed out at your native resolution.

Arrow
Apr 21, 2013, 10:12 AM
You won't be able to use this. Your laptop is probably just good enough to play the game maxed out at your native resolution.

yeah I've been playing at 3rd lvl quality settings (and according to benchmark I'm averaging 30 fps...I think on 3rd lvl quality settings...I can't remember what I set on it right now).

And there's no way I can try to combine the powers of both the cpu's on-board chip and my gpu to get better results...is there?

hypothermiac
Apr 21, 2013, 10:15 AM
nope, intel graphics are bad.
on a seperate note, may i ask, is there any way to force AO with radeonpro? or is it just nvidia only?

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 21, 2013, 10:16 AM
yeah I've been playing at 3rd lvl quality settings (and according to benchmark I'm averaging 30 fps...I think on 3rd lvl quality settings...I can't remember what I set on it right now).

And there's no way I can try to combine the powers of both the cpu's chip and my gpu to get better results...is there?

Yeah, laptops are pretty much always going to disappoint in gaming performance per dollar since the parts need to use less power and generate less heat. Even the most expensive laptops are only equivalent to a mid range card or 2 mid-range cards in SLI.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 21, 2013, 10:17 AM
nope, intel graphics are bad. may i ask, is there any way to force AO with radeonpro? or is it just nvidia only?

He has a 525m lol

hypothermiac
Apr 21, 2013, 10:19 AM
i was not referring to his computer specs, haha.

~Aya~
Apr 21, 2013, 10:22 AM
Anyone have amd gpu and try using RadeonPro software to force AO or AA that will make the game look nice? I'd like to know how the settings would be applied starting with how to setup the application to work with the game.

RadeonPro has many options and one is for AO

Arrow
Apr 21, 2013, 10:28 AM
i was not referring to his computer specs, haha.

right...I don't even know why Dell put both in the computer... (It was a "free" replacement for my older laptop that died...completely.)
Actually trying to figure out how to completely disable the Intel one so that it's just my NVidia working instead (anyone know how?)

Ezodagrom
Apr 21, 2013, 10:36 AM
Anyone have amd gpu and try using RadeonPro software to force AO or AA that will make the game look nice? I'd like to know how the settings would be applied starting with how to setup the application to work with the game.

RadeonPro has many options and one is for AO
Unfortunately the good types of AA (MSAA and SSAA) don't work with PSO2.
Radeon Pro's ambient occlusion is also very subtle, doesn't make much difference.
The best that can be done for PSO2 with Radeon Pro is using SweetFX, I'll make a guide about this stuff soon.

~Aya~
Apr 21, 2013, 10:40 AM
Unfortunately the good types of AA (MSAA and SSAA) don't work with PSO2.
Radeon Pro's ambient occlusion is also very subtle, doesn't make much difference.
The best that can be done for PSO2 with Radeon Pro is using SweetFX, I'll make a guide about this stuff soon.

Thank you soooo much Johana Banana♥♥.. I have seen that and i'm not sure how it works. ._.

Ezodagrom
Apr 21, 2013, 11:47 AM
Thank you soooo much Johana Banana♥♥.. I have seen that and i'm not sure how it works. ._.
Well, here it goes.

First, Radeon Pro download link:
http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

And SweetFX download link:
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

Only Radeon Pro has to be installed, while SweetFX has to be downloaded separately, it just needs to be set up inside Radeon Pro, there's no installation for it.

Now for some settings that I recommend taking care off before enabling SweetFX or AO:
[spoiler-box]The 1st picture below is about setting up a toggle hotkey for SMAA and FXAA, both methods are not much different than the current AA method in the game, plus these 2 blur the text. One of them, I think SMAA, comes enabled by default, so it's better to set up the toggle hotkeys so it can be disabled.

The 2nd picture is just about setting up the screenshots taking feature from Radeon Pro, setting up the folder where pictures go to and the hotkey. The in-game screenshots feature doesn't capture the Radeon Pro effects like SweetFX and AO...

And the 3rd picture is about disabling the framerate counter.

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3205/radeonprosettings.jpg[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Setting up SweetFX:
[spoiler-box]Steps 1 to 5 are pictured below.

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img832/4978/radeonprosweetfx1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

1: Click the settings button.
2: Click in SweetFX settings.
3: Click the Change button and choose the folder where you saved SweetFX.
4: Click Enable SweetFX.
5: Choose a toggle hotkey to be able to enable or disable SweetFX in-game.

If you want to use the Bioshock Infinite preset that I used for the following picture, do what it says in the following spoiler box.

No SweetFX - http://imageshack.us/a/img825/601/pso2nosfx.jpg
Using the SweetFX Bioshock Infinite preset - http://imageshack.us/a/img515/6740/pso2sfx.jpg

If you don't want to use this preset, skip to step 6.
[spoiler-box]Save the settings, go to the folder where you saved SweetFX, open the file "SweetFX_settings" and highlight the text highlighted in the picture.
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img811/3056/radeonprosweetfx2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Then copy the text in the quote and paste it in the document.

#define USE_SMAA_AA 1 //[0 or 1] = THRESHOLD 0.10 - STEPS 98 - STEPS_DIAG 16
#define USE_CARTOON 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_ADVANCED_CRT 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_BLOOM 1 //[0 or 1] = BloomThreshold 24.75 - BloomPower 1.350
#define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] = Sharp_strength 0.70 - Sharp_clamp 0.105 - pattern 2 - offset_bias 1.0
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_MONOCHROME 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_TONEMAP 1 //[0 or 1] = Exposure -0.05 - Saturation -0.10
#define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] = Vibrance 0.32
#define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] = Curves_contrast 0.60 - Curves_mode 0
#define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_BORDER 0 //[0 or 1] =
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] = In the end it should look like this:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img268/2492/radeonprosweetfx3.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Save the document and continue from the steps below.[/spoiler-box]

Steps 6 to 9 are pictured below:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3092/radeonprosweetfx4.jpg[/spoiler-box]

6: Click the add new profile button.
7: Go to the PSO2 folder and select pso2.exe. Then highlight pso2.exe in RadeonPro.
8: Go to the SweetFX tab.
9: Enable SweetFX. If you used the preset, there's nothing else that you need to do, just open the game and it should work. If you didn't use the preset, configure SweetFX however you want.[/spoiler-box]

Setting up Ambient Occlusion.
[spoiler-box]Comparison pictures, comparing no AO and with AO:

No Ambient Occlusion - http://imageshack.us/a/img841/5151/pso2noao.jpg
With Ambient Occlusion - http://imageshack.us/a/img163/1980/pso2ao.jpg

Like in the SweetFX guide, click the Settings button.
Steps 1 to 4 are pictured below:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img838/2875/radeonproao1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

1: In the settings window, go to Ambient Occlusion, then click Enable Ambient Occlusion.
2: Select an hotkey toggle to be able to enable or disable AO in-game.
3: Click the New button.
4: Use the settings in the quote:

Game title - Phantasy Star Online 2
Executable - pso2.exe
Variables - nearZ:1,farZ:1000

(note: you can try other values, farZ has to be always higher than nearZ, the lower the values are, the stronger are the shadows, even though they're never as strong as with Nvidia).

API - D3D9
Buffer index - 7

(dunno much about this value, only tried a few different values, 7 and 8 worked, 0, 1, 2 and 9 didn't work)

Bit flags - 0x000000D0

(there's other bit flags that have similar or the same result, and others that only cause a small black line, I haven't tried many, but I wonder if there could be a flag that could have better results...)Steps 5 to 7 are pictured below:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img43/9633/radeonproao2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

5: Highlight pso2.exe in the recently added window. If you haven't set up a profile for PSO2 yet, check the SweetFX guide, steps 6 and 7.
6: Select the Visual tab.
7: Select Ambient Occlusion, then it's up to you, you can choose either HBAO or Volumetric, you can choose any of the quality settings too.

And then, AO is ready.[/spoiler-box]

ignika98
Apr 21, 2013, 12:17 PM
Well, here it goes.

Only Radeon Pro has to be installed, while SweetFX has to be downloaded separately, it just needs to be set up inside Radeon Pro, there's no installation for it.

Now for some settings that I recommend taking care off before enabling SweetFX or AO:
[spoiler-box]The 1st picture below is about setting up a toggle hotkey for SMAA and FXAA, both methods are not much different than the current AA method in the game, plus these 2 blur the text. One of them, I think SMAA, comes enabled by default, so it's better to set up the toggle hotkeys so it can be disabled.

The 2nd picture is just about setting up the screenshots taking feature from Radeon Pro, setting up the folder where pictures go to and the hotkey. The in-game screenshots feature doesn't capture the Radeon Pro effects like SweetFX and AO...

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img28/3205/radeonprosettings.jpg[/spoiler-box][/spoiler-box]

Setting up SweetFX:

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img832/4978/radeonprosweetfx1.jpg[/spoiler-box]

If you want to use the Bioshock Infinite preset that I used for the following picture, do what it says in the following spoiler box.

Using the SweetFX Bioshock Infinite preset - http://imageshack.us/a/img515/6740/pso2sfx.jpg

[spoiler-box]Save the settings, go to the folder where you saved SweetFX, open the file "SweetFX_settings" and highlight the text highlighted in the picture.
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img811/3056/radeonprosweetfx2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

In the end it should look like this:
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img268/2492/radeonprosweetfx3.jpg[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3092/radeonprosweetfx4.jpg[/spoiler-box]

7: Go to the PSO2 folder and select pso2.exe. Then highlight pso2.exe in RadeonPro.
9: Enable SweetFX. If you used the preset, there's nothing else that you need to do, just open the game and it should work. If you didn't use the preset, configure SweetFX however you want.[/spoiler-box]

1: In the settings window, go to Ambient Occlusion, then click Enable Ambient Occlusion.

Steps 5 to 7 are pictured below:

5: Highlight pso2.exe in the recently added window. If you haven't set up a profile for PSO2 yet, check the SweetFX guide, steps 6 and 7.
7: Select Ambient Occlusion, then it's up to you, you can choose either HBAO or Volumetric, you can choose any of the quality settings too.

And then, AO is ready.[/spoiler-box]

Ok, so I've done this and it when I click on the profile to run it it says

"Cant start application. Verify if you have sufficient permissions to access the file

(The requested operation requires elevation)"

I'm running windows 8 64 bit. I've tried downloading the permissions fix and running radeonpro as admin, neither of which worked.

Ezodagrom
Apr 21, 2013, 12:21 PM
Ok, so I've done this and it when I click on the profile to run it it says

"Cant start application. Verify if you have sufficient permissions to access the file

(The requested operation requires elevation)"

I'm running windows 8 64 bit. I've tried downloading the permissions fix and running radeonpro as admin, neither of which worked.
I should have said that you just have to select the profile, it's not supposed to be opened/double clicked. ^^;

ignika98
Apr 21, 2013, 01:01 PM
I should have said that you just have to select the profile, it's not supposed to be opened/double clicked. ^^;

So how am I supposed to launch the game? I added pso2launcher.exe to radeonpro and it does nothing.

Ezodagrom
Apr 21, 2013, 01:02 PM
So how am I supposed to launch the game? I added pso2launcher.exe to radeonpro and it does nothing.
o-o;
In radeon pro you just add pso2.exe, after setting everything up you just open the game normally through its shortcut.

ignika98
Apr 21, 2013, 01:11 PM
o-o;
In radeon pro you just add pso2.exe, after setting everything up you just open the game normally through its shortcut.

Nope, doesn't work. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. :-?

Husq
Apr 21, 2013, 01:21 PM
Nope, doesn't work. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. :-?

Go to the "Launcher" tab, try selecting "games for windows live/starcarft II" or custom. Then under "Launcher details" click on browse and look for pso2launcher.exe, and select that file. See if that works, it works for me..

If anyone does in-game recoding, forcing triple buffering for D3D games, seems to make the game-play during recording appear more smoother. You can force triple buffering with d3doverrider, radeonpro or nvidia inspector.

ignika98
Apr 21, 2013, 01:55 PM
Go to the "Launcher" tab, try selecting "games for windows live/starcarft II" or custom. Then under "Launcher details" click on browse and look for pso2launcher.exe, and select that file. See if that works, it works for me..

If anyone does in-game recoding, forcing triple buffering for D3D games, seems to make the game-play during recording appear more smoother. You can force triple buffering with d3doverrider, radeonpro or nvidia inspector.

That's exactly what I did. :cry:

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 22, 2013, 12:41 AM
right...I don't even know why Dell put both in the computer... (It was a "free" replacement for my older laptop that died...completely.)
Actually trying to figure out how to completely disable the Intel one so that it's just my NVidia working instead (anyone know how?)

The Intel GPU is built into the processor itself. Everyone with an Intel i3, i5, or i7 has an Intel 2000, 3000, or 4000 (depending on the generation of the CPU). you don't want to disable the Intel GPU either. Your drivers will swap gpus based on the situation. You will use Intel while not gaming, and a game will use your dedicated GPU. This will save a ton of power. If you always used your GPU, your laptop would have awful battery life.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 22, 2013, 01:16 AM
The Intel GPU is built into the processor itself. Everyone with an Intel i3, i5, or i7 has an Intel 2000, 3000, or 4000 (depending on the generation of the CPU). you don't want to disable the Intel GPU either. Your drivers will swap gpus based on the situation. You will use Intel while not gaming, and a game will use your dedicated GPU. This will save a ton of power. If you always used your GPU, your laptop would have awful battery life.

and there are some ways to get around Nvidia Optimus to use just your dedicated GPU, but I'm not gonna explain that+^_^+

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 22, 2013, 01:22 AM
and there are some ways to get around Nvidia Optimus to use just your dedicated GPU, but I'm not gonna explain that+^_^+

And it will murder your battery life haha. There is no reason to. It won't effect anything positively :p

Chik'Tikka
Apr 22, 2013, 03:42 AM
And it will murder your battery life haha. There is no reason to. It won't effect anything positively :p

hey, i still get a good 20 minutes out of my battery the few times the power went out+^_^+ anyway, i have mine set up to tell when it's plugged in or not+^_^+

Husq
Apr 22, 2013, 03:52 AM
That's exactly what I did. :cry:

Did you tried to restart radeonpro, after setting up the profile for pso2.exe?

Ezodagrom
Apr 23, 2013, 08:14 AM
Something that I completely forgot to post before, anisotropic filtering with AMD graphics cards.
AF makes far away textures look clearer, and no external tools are needed for this, it can be set up in the drivers.

Comparison pictures.
No AF - http://imageshack.us/a/img13/1007/pso2noaf.jpg
16x AF - http://imageshack.us/a/img16/2199/pso216xaf.jpg

The main difference is the ground, it looks blurrier when AF is disabled.

How to enable AF, the driver tool may look different depending on how old is the graphics card or what version of the driver is installed, first spoiler box is for an older version, second spoiler box is for a newer version:

[spoiler-box][spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img153/6816/pso2af.jpg[/spoiler-box]
1: Click the right mouse button in the desktop and then open Catalyst Control Center (or Vision Engine Control Center for those who have both an AMD processor and graphics card).
Then go to Gaming -> 3D Application Settings.

2: Under Anisotropic Filtering, turn off "Use Application Settings" and put the slider at 16x for the best effect.

3: Click Apply.

4: Click the Save button next to where it says "New Application", go to the folder where PSO2 is installed and choose pso2.exe. This is only possible for Catalyst version 12.1 or later.

5: Turn "Use Application Settings" back on for Anisotropic Filtering and click Apply again, for this to not affect other games.[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box][spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img51/3453/pso2af2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

1: Click the right mouse button in the desktop and then open Catalyst Control Center (or Vision Engine Control Center for those who have both an AMD processor and graphics card).

2: Click the Add... button under Application Settings, go to the folder where PSO2 is installed and choose pso2.exe.

3: Select pso2.exe like in the picture, so you can configure the settings just for PSO2, instead of all games.

4: In Texture Filtering, set it to "Override application settings", level 16x, High Quality, and, I don't really know what the optimization does, but I guess you can just leave it at whatever the default is.

5: Click Save and it's done.[/spoiler-box]

Sizustar
Apr 23, 2013, 09:16 AM
Something that I completely forgot to post before, anisotropic filtering with AMD graphics cards.
AF makes far away textures look clearer, and no external tools are needed for this, it can be set up in the drivers.

Comparison pictures.
No AF - http://imageshack.us/a/img13/1007/pso2noaf.jpg
16x AF - http://imageshack.us/a/img16/2199/pso216xaf.jpg

The main difference is the ground, it looks blurrier when AF is disabled.

How to enable AF, the driver tool may look different depending on how old is the graphics card or what version of the driver is installed, first spoiler box is for an older version, second spoiler box is for a newer version:

[spoiler-box][spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img153/6816/pso2af.jpg[/spoiler-box]

2: Under Anisotropic Filtering, turn off "Use Application Settings" and put the slider at 16x for the best effect.

3: Click Apply.

4: Click the Save button next to where it says "New Application", go to the folder where PSO2 is installed and choose pso2.exe. This is only possible for Catalyst version 12.1 or later.

5: Turn "Use Application Settings" back on for Anisotropic Filtering and click Apply again, for this to not affect other games.[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box][spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img51/3453/pso2af2.jpg[/spoiler-box]

2: Click the Add... button under Application Settings, go to the folder where PSO2 is installed and choose pso2.exe.

3: Select pso2.exe like in the picture, so you can configure the settings just for PSO2, instead of all games.

4: In Texture Filtering, set it to "Override application settings", level 16x, High Quality, and, I don't really know what the optimization does, but I guess you can just leave it at whatever the default is.

5: Click Save and it's done.[/spoiler-box]

Maybe make a own topic for AMD based card and how to use Radeon Pro?

Ezodagrom
Apr 23, 2013, 09:19 AM
I'll probably do so later this week, but first I want to try other ambient occlusion bit flags, to see if I can find something better.

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 23, 2013, 01:03 PM
Because of the huge change in the amount of information I might make a cleaned up version of this thread, including AMD stuff if you just wanna post your stuff here (I will give you credit). If I make a new cleaned up all inclusive thread it might be able to get a sticky. The current state of this thread is unorganized and confusing haha.

Edit: I will wait until I feel like everything is finalized and won't be changing to do so though. The original information in this thread hardly even exists anymore it has changed so much.

gigawuts
Apr 23, 2013, 01:14 PM

I'd like that, as someone that could use tips on how to use this CCC thing.

Sizustar
Apr 24, 2013, 02:07 PM
New Beta drivers

Nvidia 320.00
http://www.geforce.com/

Same setting as I used previously
8xSMAA+4xSGSAA+Quality AO - FPS - 62 from 59
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up49863.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

16xQ CXAA+4SGSSAA+Quality AO - FPS - 58~60[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up49900.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Without AO, FPS increased to 200+ = =;
FPS is shown by Fraps.

While AMD have the choice of

the official released
AMD Catalyst 13.4 WHQL or the Beta AMD Catalyst 13.5 BETA 2
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_4_whql_download.html
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_5_beta_2_download.html

Preposterous Rhino
Apr 26, 2013, 07:57 PM
Is anybody making a guide for AMD GPUs? It would be nice to have that so it can be organized into one single thread. If need be, I can pull out my old HD 5570 and figure some stuff out haha.

EDIT: Does anybody know if pooling all the stuff into one single organized thread would get a sticky?

Chik'Tikka
Apr 26, 2013, 11:43 PM
you might be able to get a floating sticky in the hardware/tech support or guides section like the AO guide did+^_^+ i think your best bet is keeping the OP of this thread updated with the latest AA and AO settings and bits and occasionally bumping it when it gets to page 5+^_^+

zegun~kun
Apr 28, 2013, 12:57 AM
i just noticed after updating to 320.00, i lost the Bioshock Infinite AO settings o_O

Manta Oyamada
May 1, 2013, 11:39 PM
http://lavendy.net/pso2/2013/04/pso2_antialiasing_update1304.html#more

http://lavendy.net/video/pso2/2013/extreme_1304.mp4
[spoiler-box]
http://lavendy.net/pso2/photo/2013/130429_2.png

http://lavendy.net/pso2/photo/2013/130429_3.png[/spoiler-box]

Sizustar
May 2, 2013, 01:05 AM
http://lavendy.net/pso2/photo/2013/130429_2.png

http://lavendy.net/pso2/photo/2013/130429_3.png

My Default Setting - FPS - 60[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up51096.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Your AO bit - FPS - 52/54[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up51097.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Your setting - FPS - 45~52[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up51099.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Preposterous Rhino
May 26, 2013, 06:03 PM
Bumping this thread with some information about the new Nvidia drivers. The newest drivers have been giving me a serious performance boost in a ton of games. I haven't tried them out in this game yet, (in fact I haven't played this game in a few weeks :/) but I thought I would let everybody know that.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Manta Oyamada
May 26, 2013, 11:37 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibjbZ7K56jQml0.png

Sizustar
May 31, 2013, 03:32 AM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up54550.png

A new one by Japanese PSO2 player

Sizustar
Jun 14, 2013, 05:44 PM
All have AO enabled on Quality

Default one 0x004010F0 bit, 8xQ MSAA+4X SGSS+-1.00LOD FPS - 61

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57043.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Trying out Lavandy's new setting
0x00401074 8xQ MSAA+8XSuperSampling - FPS 71
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57045.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

0x084099C5 8XQ MSAA+8X SuperSampling - FPS 5~19 - Not playable
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57046.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

0x004010F1 16XS Combines 2xSS+4X Super Sampling - FPS 60~65 - Weird light issue.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57047.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sizustar
Jun 14, 2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhzcnZXZ5w8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhzcnZXZ5w8

Odd glitch if using combined AA setting.

Courina
Jun 15, 2013, 02:27 AM
need someone give me Setting for RadeonPro ...

Preposterous Rhino
Jun 17, 2013, 12:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhzcnZXZ5w8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhzcnZXZ5w8)

Odd glitch if using combined AA setting.

Yep, that is what happens if you use Supersampling in this game. The lighting in this game is VERY odd and since supersampling is effectively doubling the number of rendered pixels, it just messes up however they have the lighting setup. I think the light mapping data comes directly from the resolution you set in the launcher, so when you force the game to render double it it glitches like that. It is really funny because you get a different effect if you use 2x1 and 1x2. The lighting will warp based on the respective additions to the pixels rendered. It is quite interesting to me haha.

Sizustar
Jun 17, 2013, 01:39 PM
Yep, that is what happens if you use Supersampling in this game. The lighting in this game is VERY odd and since supersampling is effectively doubling the number of rendered pixels, it just messes up however they have the lighting setup. I think the light mapping data comes directly from the resolution you set in the launcher, so when you force the game to render double it it glitches like that. It is really funny because you get a different effect if you use 2x1 and 1x2. The lighting will warp based on the respective additions to the pixels rendered. It is quite interesting to me haha.

So..is there a way to be able to use that setting without the weird light issue?

Zyrusticae
Jun 17, 2013, 01:41 PM
Since supersampling gives you essentially the exact same results as downsampling, you could just use downsampling instead (guide here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076)).

Note, however, that downsampling proportionately increases the number of ambient occlusion samples the game takes due to the higher pixel count, so you have to be prepared for an even bigger performance hit than you get for SGSSAA (hence why I only use SGSSAA nowadays).

Sizustar
Jun 17, 2013, 01:49 PM
Since supersampling gives you essentially the exact same results as downsampling, you could just use downsampling instead (guide here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509076)).

Note, however, that downsampling proportionately increases the number of ambient occlusion samples the game takes due to the higher pixel count, so you have to be prepared for an even bigger performance hit than you get for SGSSAA (hence why I only use SGSSAA nowadays).

Testing out another bit, will post result later.
Going to try that after I finish my test.

Zyrusticae
Jun 17, 2013, 03:28 PM
Oh, forgot to mention, it also makes taking screenshots more difficult (you pretty much have to use .bmps or else it takes too long) as well as balloons the size of your videos.

Sizustar
Jun 17, 2013, 05:59 PM
Oh, forgot to mention, it also makes taking screenshots more difficult (you pretty much have to use .bmps or else it takes too long) as well as balloons the size of your videos.

Tested out Mofupso's(http://www.flickr.com/photos/92661862@N02/) Nvidia Inspector setting. FPS is really high, 100+
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57759.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Downsampling attempt...with mix of mofu+my setting

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57758.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57762.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Drifting Fable
Jun 17, 2013, 07:44 PM
Where did you find mofupso's settings?

I mean that kind of graphical quality with those kinds of FPS numbers. Match made in heaven.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 17, 2013, 07:54 PM

I mean that kind of graphical quality with those kinds of FPS numbers. Match made in heaven.

I'd like to know the same, Nvidia optimus absolutely will not let me try downsampling, trying to figure out a workaround but i think inspector settings are all i have to play with right now+^_^+ and i'm always curious about any AA settings with higher FPS results +^_^+

otaku998
Jun 17, 2013, 11:55 PM
Oh wow yea, may i ask what are mofupso's settings also? Looks glorious

Preposterous Rhino
Jun 18, 2013, 12:49 AM
Those settings looked like SweetFX lol. I am curious to know as well.

Sizustar
Jun 18, 2013, 08:06 AM

I asked mofu.
Mofu plays on ship 3(So we can't take picture together, unless Sega allow a cross ship event), and shared the setting after sharing pic of my chara with Mofu.

otaku998
Jun 18, 2013, 01:05 PM
Is it possible to share that settings here? : x or through pm

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 18, 2013, 01:44 PM
Yes, please, these settings would be great to have. As a streamer I like to get the most out of my visuals and if I could maintain a solid FPS with them then all the better.

I was looking at mofu's images before I noticed this thread had updated and was nearly drooling over them.

zegun~kun
Jun 18, 2013, 02:20 PM
settings.. please? :D

OppaiMaya
Jun 18, 2013, 10:07 PM
Tested out Mofupso's(http://www.flickr.com/photos/92661862@N02/) Nvidia Inspector setting. FPS is really high, 100+
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57759.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Downsampling attempt...with mix of mofu+my setting

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57758.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up57762.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Wow pretty settings. Mind sharing the Nvidia Inspector settings? Would love to test these high frame rate settings on my PC *^-^*

Zyrusticae
Jun 18, 2013, 10:20 PM
Guys, the AA bit is exactly the same as the OP's. It's just set to 16x CSAA/4x SSAA instead of 4x MSAA/4x SGSSAA.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 18, 2013, 11:27 PM
did a brief Google of CSAA and saw that it's implemented differently for DX9 compared to 10/11 because of limitations in DX9, since PSO2 is DX9, are there any issues with color washout or odd lighting and etc.? +^_^+ if the IQ is close to what SGSSAA is, i'll switch over, as much as i like SGSSAA, them zondeels..... but i also don't want that shimmer that's present in the dragon temple +^_^+

OppaiMaya
Jun 19, 2013, 01:03 AM
Guys, the AA bit is exactly the same as the OP's. It's just set to 16x CSAA/4x SSAA instead of 4x MSAA/4x SGSSAA.

This can't be true since doing this lowers my FPS when comparing them to my other settings.

Sizustar is talking about a big FPS increase.

This is why everyone is asking him to share the settings.

otaku998
Jun 19, 2013, 02:53 AM
My FPS does get a big jump using 16x CSAA/4x SSAA but the image quality is not quite the same. Unless i am missing something.

zegun~kun
Jun 19, 2013, 03:24 AM
^
have you tried downsampling your resolution?

otaku998
Jun 19, 2013, 03:29 AM
I did yea using the guide, but i think i went about it wrong or something. After i got the resolution working, i went in-game and the quality doesn't change.

Sizustar
Jun 19, 2013, 10:52 AM
OK~ sorry for not responding, contacting and clarifying some stuff with Mofu.

Mofu uses a GTX 680 (Not sure which brand)
Resolution 1200x1920(Vertical)
Go to specific area with good "lighting"(You can see the area in his picture)

The current setting that Mofu is using
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMxVpygCMAA7Iyv.jpg:large[/SPOILER-BOX]

If you have any other question, you can ask him on twitter, but please use Japanese, even machine translated, he isn't fluent in English.

Mofu's twitter
https://twitter.com/mi_no_hito

zegun~kun
Jun 19, 2013, 12:06 PM
many many thanks sizu :D
i will try it all now

otaku998
Jun 19, 2013, 12:37 PM
yea thanks a lot Sizu going to try it out now

Preposterous Rhino
Jun 19, 2013, 02:10 PM
Those settings have some conflicting parts to them. Using transparency multisampling and supersampling doesn't work. It is one or the other. I doubt that effects anything since I'm sure the supersampling overrides it anyway. You also aren't supposed to use a negative LOD bias with anisotropic filtering (unless using FSAA or SGSSAA). I will try it out at some point and see how it is though.

OppaiMaya
Jun 19, 2013, 08:35 PM
Ah i see he uses the 4110C1 bit.

That's the bit that gives the best FPS (ive tried a bunch of them).

Also I made a mistake in my first post. I said that the 16x CSAA had given me a decrease in FPS, but infact I was using the 16xQ one ^^;

The 16x CSAA settings does improve my frame rate pretty cool. I'll be using this setting since I don't like the blurry mess that the OP settings cause. (I like a nice sharp look not a super soft blurry look)

Sizustar
Jun 26, 2013, 07:54 AM
Trying out Downsampling
Probabely need to try a lower resolution.

3600x2025 resolutioni. FPS - 15~20 on HI quality AO and my AA.[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/nATu37D.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sizustar
Jun 26, 2013, 10:14 AM
Trying out Downsampling, 2550x1440
FPS average 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvp_SaFZ4U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvp_SaFZ4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBidnKQmryI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBidnKQmryI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46Gwc9WjTo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N46Gwc9WjTo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFRpacaj9S4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFRpacaj9S4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0aCoWUru3k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0aCoWUru3k

Sizustar
Jun 27, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hmm..gained 10 FPS with the 325.71 Beta driver on 2550x1440(30 FPS -> 42 FPS)
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_325_71_driver_download.html

VVBlastFuryVV
Jun 28, 2013, 12:47 AM
That looks extremely beautiful Sizu.

Ah, I remember my friend linking me that 2nd video. I might be asking the obvious, but the settings that you are using for the NVIDIA Driver Profile Settings; are they the same as Mofu's or are they very different from one another?

Sizustar
Jun 28, 2013, 08:42 AM
That looks extremely beautiful Sizu.

Ah, I remember my friend linking me that 2nd video. I might be asking the obvious, but the settings that you are using for the NVIDIA Driver Profile Settings; are they the same as Mofu's or are they very different from one another?

Mix of Mofu and Op, depending on what I'm doing and where I'm recording.

VVBlastFuryVV
Jun 28, 2013, 02:52 PM

Ah.

Hm. Think I might've missed it somewhere in the NVIDIA Inspector Settings for PSO2, but where do you configure lighting to make your clothes kind of... glow like in that video?

Valimer
Jun 28, 2013, 03:23 PM

It looks great, I've tried many combinations and suggestions in this topic but I always get moving lines or "crawling ants", and I'm still getting shimmering textures. Guess I'll just trying fiddling around some more

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 28, 2013, 11:56 PM
Sizustar can you show me what those settings are in the NVIDIA inspector program? I'd love to play my game looking like that lol

zegun~kun
Jun 29, 2013, 04:17 AM
Ah.

Hm. Think I might've missed it somewhere in the NVIDIA Inspector Settings for PSO2, but where do you configure lighting to make your clothes kind of... glow like in that video?

good lighting + Bloom lights effect on settings + Dead space AO bits

o btw, 326.01 Beta is out
*somehow, none of the AO mods are working on this driver....
*rather, does the Nvidia Inspector even working on this driver??

Sizustar can you show me what those settings are in the NVIDIA inspector program? I'd love to play my game looking like that lol

go back a page, sizu posted Mofupso's Nvidia inspector screen shot there

Xenobia
Jun 29, 2013, 09:08 AM
Had in mind PSO users dont care at graphics, but when there is one thing i realized in my life, never assume stuff, assumption is always wrong.

Although i do believe that the difference between 1080P and 1440P is barely visible because there is generaly to less tech count for matters above 1080P. So i do consider resolutions above 1080P a unnecessary hardware eater. In fact there is just few games able to drive the 1080P resolution beyond its limits. So generally even many enthusiasts may not bother going above 1080P, so they can get better FPS at almost no cost.

Zyrusticae
Jun 29, 2013, 10:11 AM
Had in mind PSO users dont care at graphics, but when there is one thing i realized in my life, never assume stuff, assumption is always wrong.

Although i do believe that the difference between 1080P and 1440P is barely visible because there is generaly to less tech count for matters above 1080P. So i do consider resolutions above 1080P a unnecessary hardware eater. In fact there is just few games able to drive the 1080P resolution beyond its limits. So generally even many enthusiasts may not bother going above 1080P, so they can get better FPS at almost no cost.
Nope, there is a MASSIVE difference between 1080p and 1440p. There is a ton of visual data that simply isn't visible at 1080p because there aren't enough pixels, and even 4k resolution isn't completely perfect (though it gets damn close).

The problem is that, right now, the pixel density isn't anywhere near high enough to hide the pixels from the naked eye. In fact, we have to get somewhere around 200-300 PPI before we stop being able to discern individual pixels on the screen (varies depending on the individual - I'm closer to the 300 range than the 200 range). Good anti-aliasing helps to mitigate this, but it's still only a stopgap measure and won't result in the same level of clarity that you get from a much higher-resolution image.

A 24" widescreen monitor only has a PPI of 91 at 1920x1080. At 2560x1440 this goes up to 122 PPI. 4k resolution (3840x2160) finally gets close at 183.5 PPI, but this is still not quite perfect. Approaching perfect, getting close to perfect, but still not quite perfect. It isn't until we hit 6k resolution (5760x3240) that we finally hit the level where most people will never, ever see a difference at 275 PPI, but we are a damn long way from being able to support these resolutions, both performance-wise and display-wise.

I should mention that these limitations are most noticeable in games, where pixel-popping and the like are clearly visible. Movies and normal desktop activities generally do not suffer from the same issues and thus generally don't need as much pixel density to not look like ass.

I should mention that 4x SGSSAA at 1920x1080 is a lot like running the game at 4k resolution, except instead of a clean, ordered grid it uses a sparse grid, which is more effective at dealing with aliasing, but also results in less clarity than an ordered grid. It's a trade-off - a clean grid will give you very clear results at the cost of more visible aliasing, whereas a sparse grid will give you aliasing-free results at the cost of less clarity.

And just for fun, 2560x1440 w/ 4x SGSSAA is like running the game at 5120x2880 resolution - completely unnecessary, but damn if it doesn't look good. It's the only way to get both the clean, anti-aliased image while also gaining a lot of image clarity in the process. But the power required to do this at 60 FPS is simply too high for most of us (me included, and I have two GTX 670s with 4GBs of VRAM each).

Sizustar
Jun 29, 2013, 10:27 AM
Nope, there is a MASSIVE difference between 1080p and 1440p. There is a ton of visual data that simply isn't visible at 1080p because there aren't enough pixels, and even 4k resolution isn't completely perfect (though it gets damn close).

The problem is that, right now, the pixel density isn't anywhere near high enough to hide the pixels from the naked eye. In fact, we have to get somewhere around 200-300 PPI before we stop being able to discern individual pixels on the screen (varies depending on the individual - I'm closer to the 300 range than the 200 range). Good anti-aliasing helps to mitigate this, but it's still only a stopgap measure and won't result in the same level of clarity that you get from a much higher-resolution image.

A 24" widescreen monitor only has a PPI of 91 at 1920x1080. At 2560x1440 this goes up to 122 PPI. 4k resolution (3840x2160) finally gets close at 183.5 PPI, but this is still not quite perfect. Approaching perfect, getting close to perfect, but still not quite perfect. It isn't until we hit 6k resolution (5760x3240) that we finally hit the level where most people will never, ever see a difference at 275 PPI, but we are a damn long way from being able to support these resolutions, both performance-wise and display-wise.

I should mention that these limitations are most noticeable in games, where pixel-popping and the like are clearly visible. Movies and normal desktop activities generally do not suffer from the same issues and thus generally don't need as much pixel density to not look like ass.

I should mention that 4x SGSSAA at 1920x1080 is a lot like running the game at 4k resolution, except instead of a clean, ordered grid it uses a sparse grid, which is more effective at dealing with aliasing, but also results in less clarity than an ordered grid. It's a trade-off - a clean grid will give you very clear results at the cost of more visible aliasing, whereas a sparse grid will give you aliasing-free results at the cost of less clarity.

And just for fun, 2560x1440 w/ 4x SGSSAA is like running the game at 5120x2880 resolution - completely unnecessary, but damn if it doesn't look good. It's the only way to get both the clean, anti-aliased image while also gaining a lot of image clarity in the process. But the power required to do this at 60 FPS is simply too high for most of us (me included, and I have two GTX 670s with 4GBs of VRAM each).

Yep, might need SLI Titain or 780 to pull that off?

VVBlastFuryVV
Jun 29, 2013, 10:30 AM

Like, mine HAS that type of glow that Sizu is but not that type of glow. Like, when I wear white as a costume it begins to glow. But when I go to the same place Sizu does to test my lighting, I kind of feel it isn't the same.

Like this for example.
http://i.imgur.com/wTvlNWI.jpg

Not sure if imgur could be able to handle my PSO2 settings.
Also, my settings are the same as Mopu in NVIDIA Inspector not to mention.

VVBlastFuryVV
Jun 29, 2013, 12:18 PM

Well, first things first, how do you even like, configure the lighting and bloom setting? Is it originally just an On/Off button? And I have Mopu's settings copied exactly the same, but for some reason I just don't feel like it's has the same glow on the character models are mine does.

For example, this is how mines looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/Iy72mSN.jpg

VVBlastFuryVV
Jun 29, 2013, 12:19 PM
Whoops, double post. Thought mine didn't show up.

Xenobia
Jun 29, 2013, 08:45 PM
I really do appreciate such a high grade of dedication, but we are speaking about a single graphical factor, not the whole tech count itself.

Then the whole PPI matter, its nice theory yes and surely correct from the theoretical aspect. But i do not believe that there is any game making use of that kind of tech count (in order to reach the max PPI a eye can detect) and hardware wont be able to keep up with the required graphics, not even quadfired. The PSO2 software can be bloated to extreme levels using various forced enhancements but it doesnt change the fact that the overal graphic itself barely gets enhanced because there is simply to less information in order to make good use of exteme graphic levels. Of course, there are improvements on certain spots and even clearly visible but its far from being effective when we take into account the extreme level of GFLOP performance requirements for sometimes rather minor improvements. It may be worth it to users of very powerful hardware but generally i would expect more from the use of so many hardware ressources.

On top of that we can not only talk about pixels, graphic quality is bit more complicated than that and many factors have to be taken into account. A good monitor makes huge difference too because no matter how many pixels, we still need a good way on how to create and deliver them (to the eyes). Overall the theory is surely interesting and somewhat pretty good, but its a bit lacking when it comes to practical execution i feel.

Nevertheless, i find it interesting all those "findings", the grade of investigation is absolutly astounding.

Zyrusticae
Jun 29, 2013, 10:40 PM
Um, okay. OBVIOUSLY there's a lot more to graphics than the image quality, but this thread is about image quality. Why in the world are you going in a tangent about everything else in a thread dedicated to image quality?

That is incredibly irritating. Please stop that.

lnvisible
Jun 30, 2013, 08:15 AM
So uh.. the settings sizu posted look nice and I get a solid 50-60 FPS but there's something really weird going on. My mouse seems to be randomly changing it's sensitivity or lagging in some way, one minute it'll be my normal speed then the next it slows down considerably yet the FPS doesn't drop. I have bandicam up with the FPS meter overlay and I'm checking to see if it's an fps drop but it isn't. I've read that ambient occlusion can cause this yet it does make the game look alot better, are there any tweaks or changes to them to help reduce this mouse lag while keeping the AO enabled?

VVBlastFuryVV
Jun 30, 2013, 08:46 AM
Nevermind, I think I've got the lighting working. All I need to do is downsample it, but for some reason the link for the download is... broken?

Sizustar
Jun 30, 2013, 11:17 AM

326.01 WHQL = 63 FPS on 1080P, and it gave me graphic error, the beta driver seems better for me.

zegun~kun
Jun 30, 2013, 11:46 AM
326.01 WHQL = 63 FPS on 1080P, and it gave me graphic error, the beta driver seems better for me.

yeah im using 320.49 right now
still better FPS than 320.18 .. not as good as 326.01 but at least Nvidia Inspector is working well with this driver

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 1, 2013, 03:47 PM
Here is a new screenshot from me. I tried out 0x004010C0 with 8x MSAA and 4xSGSSAA and had great results. I am not using ambient occlusion in this shot though. If anybody wants an ambient occlusion shot, let me know.

Screenshot: [SPOILER-BOX]http://abload.de/img/pso20130701_164035_0012sh2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nvidia Inspector: [SPOILER-BOX]http://img.techpowerup.org/130701/nvidia_20130701_164057.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ryo
Jul 1, 2013, 05:15 PM
An AO shot would be nice.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 1, 2013, 10:37 PM
how's the performance compared to 0x004110c1? that's the one I've been using for the last couple weeks after seeing it somewhere in this thread+^_^+

Zalana
Jul 2, 2013, 01:57 AM

Ditch your 1080p monitor and drop some real cash on a DELL 3007WFP or similar and you can see for yourself. :-)

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 2, 2013, 08:47 AM

There is nothing wrong with caring about graphics. It is just cool to think they don't matter. Do you have any idea how much time goes into making computer graphics? Besides, PSO2 is a pretty terrible looking game from a technical standpoint. As long as you hold gameplay above graphics it is logical. Besides, this is an anti-aliasing thread, which is jagged edges on the side of objects and they shimmer in motion, which is actually quite irritating to me and others in this game, which is why this thread was started to begin with.

Anyway, I am working right now but I will upload an ambient occlusion screen later today (assuming I remember :p).

Sizustar
Jul 4, 2013, 09:04 AM
There is nothing wrong with caring about graphics. It is just cool to think they don't matter. Do you have any idea how much time goes into making computer graphics? Besides, PSO2 is a pretty terrible looking game from a technical standpoint. As long as you hold gameplay above graphics it is logical. Besides, this is an anti-aliasing thread, which is jagged edges on the side of objects and they shimmer in motion, which is actually quite irritating to me and others in this game, which is why this thread was started to begin with.

Anyway, I am working right now but I will upload an ambient occlusion screen later today (assuming I remember :p).

So, how would you rank all the bits known so far?

Sizustar
Jul 4, 2013, 11:44 AM
One of my guildmate is having problem trying to get Nvidia Inspector to work.

They have GTX 560 SLI, not overclocked, average temp 60~70

No Nvidia Inspector
http://i.imgur.com/re61EYw.jpg

With Inspector effect(Even with low AA and no AO)
http://i.imgur.com/2vdY6jg.jpg

And FPS is really low.

Reiashi
Jul 4, 2013, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know exactly how to get RadeonPro working in PSO2? It doesn't seem to be active when I use it.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 4, 2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/images/bluesteel/buttons/viewpost.gif
[SPOILER-BOX]
Well, here it goes.

Setting up SweetFX:

In the end it should look like this:

Steps 5 to 7 are pictured below:

And then, AO is ready.[/spoiler-box][/SPOILER-BOX]

+^_^+ here's a post from way back about Radeon Pro AA and AO+^_^+ Ezodagrom seems to be the only in here that ever did anything with it since most of the other people here have Nvidia or don't care+^_^+

D-Inferno
Jul 7, 2013, 09:38 PM
Here is a new screenshot from me. I tried out 0x004010C0 with 8x MSAA and 4xSGSSAA and had great results. I am not using ambient occlusion in this shot though. If anybody wants an ambient occlusion shot, let me know.

Screenshot: [SPOILER-BOX]http://abload.de/img/pso20130701_164035_0012sh2.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nvidia Inspector: [SPOILER-BOX]http://img.techpowerup.org/130701/nvidia_20130701_164057.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I tried this, and it caused everything to runa t a low framerate, despite my PC being powerful (GrForce GTX 570, i2600k, 12 GB RAM). Perhaps a certain setting just makes the game run oddly?

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 8, 2013, 12:25 AM
I tried this, and it caused everything to runa t a low framerate, despite my PC being powerful (GrForce GTX 570, i2600k, 12 GB RAM). Perhaps a certain setting just makes the game run oddly?

You just need a really beefy system to run it. I have 2 560 ti's in SLI, same processor as you, and 16 gb's of ram. I don't think a 570 will cut it haha.

blace
Jul 8, 2013, 12:42 AM
I can say that with the same settings, I get the game running at 90 FPS with a single 560Ti.

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 8, 2013, 12:57 AM
I can say that with the same settings, I get the game running at 90 FPS with a single 560Ti.

What resolution are you playing at though? Is the game itself maxed out?

blace
Jul 8, 2013, 01:20 AM
My native resolution is at 1440x900 I usually run the game in windowed mode and it still retains the settings at 1366x768.

Downsampling, however, drops the frame rate by 10 and is still playable albeit the black borders running across the top and bottom of the monitor.

lnvisible
Jul 9, 2013, 10:13 PM
So did a bit more tweaking and to be honest I'm not seeing much difference between even the ingame AA.. I checked out mofu's settings and am not getting anything close to what he's got in his gallery. I'm assuming they're enhanced with photoshop or I'm seriously missing something.

blace
Jul 10, 2013, 12:20 AM
The AA settings are not very noticeable, but works in areas with a lot of light.

Mofu's settings require lots of light to get the effect seen in his screenshots.

DreXxiN
Jul 11, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, ordered an OC and custom cooled GTX 760, but it's only 2GB of VRAM. Do you think I'll be able to replicate some of these presets with 60 FPS, or would I need the 4GB alternative for that?

I noticed in the OP it was stated for 1080p you'll need a 660 ti and assuming i clock this up about 200mz it should be a good 30-35% performance increase upon that, but I don't really enjoy playing below 60 FPS.

zegun~kun
Jul 11, 2013, 10:50 PM
i have GTX670 2GB OCed at 1Ghz and a good old i7 950 OCed at 4GHz daily run
running at 1080p and i can assure you smooth FPS ranging from 50-100FPS (from heavy Zondeel spams to the relaxing lobby)

if you're planning to go WQHD (2560x1440) downsampling method, expect 10 to 20 fps cut on heavy occasions

achieved while using High Quality Ambient occlusion settings, so you will definitely get more FPS if not using AO mods

biggest performance hit was felt on Kuna's Encore concert though... i could get 24fps when the light glitters went off and the camera zoomed in close

Chik'Tikka
Jul 11, 2013, 11:13 PM
i have GTX670 2GB OCed at 1Ghz and a good old i7 950 OCed at 4GHz daily run
running at 1080p and i can assure you smooth FPS ranging from 50-100FPS (from heavy Zondeel spams to the relaxing lobby)

if you're planning to go WQHD (2560x1440) downsampling method, expect 10 to 20 fps cut on heavy occasions

achieved while using High Quality Ambient occlusion settings, so you will definitely get more FPS if not using AO mods

biggest performance hit was felt on Kuna's Encore concert though... i could get 24fps when the light glitters went off and the camera zoomed in close

all them particles..... +^_^+

Sizustar
Jul 12, 2013, 12:20 AM
Hey guys, ordered an OC and custom cooled GTX 760, but it's only 2GB of VRAM. Do you think I'll be able to replicate some of these presets with 60 FPS, or would I need the 4GB alternative for that?

I noticed in the OP it was stated for 1080p you'll need a 660 ti and assuming i clock this up about 200mz it should be a good 30-35% performance increase upon that, but I don't really enjoy playing below 60 FPS.

That's about what I currently have, GTX 670 4GB(For Skyrim mods), and Mofu is only using a regular GTX 670, not counting Zy(670SLI, or Lavandy(GTX 690+GTX Titan)
You should be able to replicate what most of us do on 1080p.
Unless you plan to play at higher resolution or multiple monitor..

OppaiMaya
Jul 12, 2013, 02:49 AM
Hey Sizustar, I was searching around for more AA option and I found this here.

http://aigrinc.ec-net.jp/pc/files/3e223275f5c580ab109ae0dfb668635a-27.html

It's in japanese, but from what can tell this guy is using the combined AA option in Nvidia inspector without the problems that we get when using it. The problem i'm talking about is the glitch shadow problem that you made a video of a while a couple pages back.

Unfortunately I tried to copy his exact same settings but I still get the shadow glitch. It's a shame, because out of all the AA option thrown around here this is by far the best one IMO.

The screen looks crisp and all of the jaggies gone. All of the other AA options either make the game looks nice and crisp but leaves out a bunch of jaggies or it blurs it up making it look all soft and nasty (IMO).

I would really love to get combined AA working. How is this JP guy getting it to work?

He even shows in the screenshots that he has shadows turned on and everything.

zegun~kun
Jul 12, 2013, 04:14 AM
^
tried it, and yes -- shadow glitch...

it seems the AA settings is the trigger for the glitch

Sizustar
Jul 12, 2013, 10:03 AM

It's in japanese, but from what can tell this guy is using the combined AA option in Nvidia inspector without the problems that we get when using it. The problem i'm talking about is the glitch shadow problem that you made a video of a while a couple pages back.

Unfortunately I tried to copy his exact same settings but I still get the shadow glitch. It's a shame, because out of all the AA option thrown around here this is by far the best one IMO.

The screen looks crisp and all of the jaggies gone. All of the other AA options either make the game looks nice and crisp but leaves out a bunch of jaggies or it blurs it up making it look all soft and nasty (IMO).

I would really love to get combined AA working. How is this JP guy getting it to work?

Not really sure, only him and Lavandy got it to work it seems.
Mofu also has the strange light problem too.

But here's some screenshot with that Bit. AverageFPS 30

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up61619.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up61621.png
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up61618.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

zegun~kun
Jul 12, 2013, 12:52 PM
^
could it be that it only works with SLI? :))
call Zyrusticae to try that setting !!

---

btw sizu, did you use the 16xS AA settings (and somehow doesnt get the glitch) or just using SGSSAA in that SS?
because that JP guy who used the 16xS AA uses the same AA compatibility bits like the one Mofu did..

OppaiMaya
Jul 12, 2013, 01:31 PM
I have a GTX 670 Galexy OC edition. I should be able to play with those settings too.

Whenever I apply combined AA the game runs good the problem is that annoying shadow glitch. If I knew Japanese I would ask them to see how they got around this problem. Because honestly this is the best form of AA for this game.

I mean I can use it, but I have to turn off shadows and the game looks very plain without them.

Also, Sizustar, I can't see your screen shots for some reason lol.

Sizustar
Jul 12, 2013, 02:29 PM
I have a GTX 670 Galexy OC edition. I should be able to play with those settings too.

Whenever I apply combined AA the game runs good the problem is that annoying shadow glitch. If I knew Japanese I would ask them to see how they got around this problem. Because honestly this is the best form of AA for this game.

I mean I can use it, but I have to turn off shadows and the game looks very plain without them.

Also, Sizustar, I can't see your screen shots for some reason lol.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/OfJZzU6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x8Ii6b2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DH6xYmu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

OppaiMaya
Jul 13, 2013, 10:47 AM
Someone who knows Japanese should ask them to tell us the secret! =P

Sizustar
Jul 13, 2013, 11:16 AM
Someone who knows Japanese should ask them to tell us the secret! =P

Well, I've contacted them, but no reply from them, that new website, is on Ship-7
AIGR, you can try and leave a message on their own BBS.
http://aigrinc.ec-net.jp/bbs/bbs.cgi

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 11:57 AM
Is it natural for the screen to look "darker" after applying the changes as exactly copied in OP? I assume that has something to do with gamma correction.

Also it feels like my camera panning is acting up, but I'm just going to attribute that to placebo for now.

With that said, wow, the screenshots do not do these tweaks justice. It's like a whole new experience with all of this stuff applied, very happy with my new card purchase. :)

Sizustar
Jul 16, 2013, 01:07 PM
Is it natural for the screen to look "darker" after applying the changes as exactly copied in OP? I assume that has something to do with gamma correction.

Also it feels like my camera panning is acting up, but I'm just going to attribute that to placebo for now.

With that said, wow, the screenshots do not do these tweaks justice. It's like a whole new experience with all of this stuff applied, very happy with my new card purchase. :)

Did you turn on AO?
That'll make it "darker"
AO also eats alot of resource.
So if you don't have a equivilant GPU, it'll slow down abit.
Use Fraps or other to get a gauge of your normal FPS.
Or let us know your GPU.

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 01:19 PM

I agree. The supersampling looks amazing but it causes that shadow glitch. They don't "fix" it to get it to work either, they lower their shadow settings to 1, essentially getting rid of most of them haha. I have done a lot of tests with supersampling and the way the shadows are rendered in the engine is related to your screen resolution, and supersampling essentially messes with rendering resolution which is why the shadows mess up. It produces some funny results if you use 1x2 supersampling or 2x1 supersampling lol.

But yeah, supersampling just teases you by showing you what it COULD look like :p The best thing to do is use 8xQ MSAA and 4xSGSSAA. That is the best combination I have used so far for removing jaggies and keeping the same sharpness. There will still be a few jaggies since that isn't technically the way you are supposed to use SGSSAA lol, but it definitely works better than just MSAA or CSAA. It does have a pretty big performance hit though.

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 01:20 PM
Also, I have SLI and I get the same glitch. If you don't mind losing shadows, just turn them down to 1.

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 01:29 PM
Did you turn on AO?
That'll make it "darker"
AO also eats alot of resource.
So if you don't have a equivilant GPU, it'll slow down abit.
Use Fraps or other to get a gauge of your normal FPS.
Or let us know your GPU.

Nah, AO isn't turned on though I am considering it. I haven't seen a drop from 60 FPS yet.

I'm running a GTX 760 2GB OC'd with Twin Frozr's, core clocks OC'd to 1260Mhz.

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 01:35 PM
Nah, AO isn't turned on though I am considering it. I haven't seen a drop from 60 FPS yet.

I'm running a GTX 760 2GB OC'd with Twin Frozr's, core clocks OC'd to 1260Mhz.

Could you post some before and after screens? I don't recall it getting any darker. The only thing that happens with some of the setups is it gets softer/blurrier.

OppaiMaya
Jul 16, 2013, 01:40 PM
I agree. The supersampling looks amazing but it causes that shadow glitch. They don't "fix" it to get it to work either, they lower their shadow settings to 1, essentially getting rid of most of them haha. I have done a lot of tests with supersampling and the way the shadows are rendered in the engine is related to your screen resolution, and supersampling essentially messes with rendering resolution which is why the shadows mess up. It produces some funny results if you use 1x2 supersampling or 2x1 supersampling lol.

But yeah, supersampling just teases you by showing you what it COULD look like :p The best thing to do is use 8xQ MSAA and 4xSGSSAA. That is the best combination I have used so far for removing jaggies and keeping the same sharpness. There will still be a few jaggies since that isn't technically the way you are supposed to use SGSSAA lol, but it definitely works better than just MSAA or CSAA. It does have a pretty big performance hit though.

Hmm weird, it looks soft/blurry for me.. using your exact same settings...It doesnt look crisp at all.

Also, since ep2 is coming in a few hours I was hoping for some system tweaks aswell but sega doesnt seem interested in that.

I was hoping for a REAL AA option in the graphics options of the game itself.

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 01:51 PM
Hmm weird, it looks soft/blurry for me.. using your exact same settings...It doesnt look crisp at all.

Also, since ep2 is coming in a few hours I was hoping for some system tweaks aswell but sega doesnt seem interested in that.

I was hoping for a REAL AA option in the graphics options of the game itself.

It doesn't blur at all for me. Maybe you like the aliasing? lol Maybe I just don't see it, idk.

EDIT: I have a screenshot of it in the first post so you can compare it if you would like. It is one of the last ones I think.

Posted this a couple pages back.

OppaiMaya
Jul 16, 2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah mine doesnt look like that. It looks like the normal soft SGSSAA method...

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 02:13 PM
It doesn't blur at all for me. Maybe you like the aliasing? lol Maybe I just don't see it, idk.

EDIT: I have a screenshot of it in the first post so you can compare it if you would like. It is one of the last ones I think.

Posted this a couple pages back.

I'm actually using this setting now and the darkness/fuzziness seems to be gone. However, I swear my mouselook is all jacked up..., how bizarre.

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah mine doesnt look like that. It looks like the normal soft SGSSAA method...

Do you have FXAA on? Do you have AA turned on in PSO2? Either of those could be your problem. I don't know what else could be causing it. Are you using your native resolution? I guess just recheck all your ingame settings.

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 02:20 PM
I'm actually using this setting now and the darkness/fuzziness seems to be gone. However, I swear my mouselook is all jacked up..., how bizarre.

For me, my game camera gets very stuttery if I drop below 60 fps often, but I have SLI so this is the kind of crap I have to deal with anyway lol. Maybe it is the game though. Shoot for whatever looks the best and maintains 60 fps most of the time. Use FRAPS to check it.

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 02:21 PM
For me, my game camera gets very stuttery if I drop below 60 fps often, but I have SLI so this is the kind of crap I have to deal with anyway lol. Maybe it is the game though. Shoot for whatever looks the best and maintains 60 fps most of the time. Use FRAPS to check it.

What's weird is my FPS was hovering around 70-80 but if I tried turning with my mouse it'd be super smooth, then feel like i had to force it for a little bit and then back to normal, fine in all the other games.

OppaiMaya
Jul 16, 2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah nope, no in game AA no FXAA etc etc, yes my native res is 1920/1080.

C'mon i'm not PC illiterate! xD

I normally use MSAAx4 and SSAAx4 I don't see a difference with anything higher than this. The only difference is lower FPS with higher MSAA settings.

However, with this settings my image is very clear and crisp. The only problem is that these settings don't remove all of the jaggies. You pointed this out in your first post so you know what I mean. Regardless its still way better than the crappy FXAA the game has built into it.

The other settings (the one you are talking about) does indeed remove all of the jaggies which is good however it comes at a huge price of imagine clearity. Sure it removes the jaggies but it also makes my image soft/blurry.

So it comes down to, a clear crisp image with some jaggies or no jaggies but a blurry image.

The only AA that gives me the best of both worlds in the one in that JP blog, however, inorder to use it I have to kill the shadows...

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah nope, no in game AA no FXAA etc etc, yes my native res is 1920/1080.

C'mon i'm not PC illiterate! xD

I normally use MSAAx4 and SSAAx4 I don't see a difference with anything higher than this. The only difference is lower FPS with higher MSAA settings.

However, with this settings my image is very clear and crisp. The only problem is that these settings don't remove all of the jaggies. You pointed this out in your first post so you know what I mean. Regardless its still way better than the crappy FXAA the game has built into it.

The other settings (the one you are talking about) does indeed remove all of the jaggies which is good however it comes at a huge price of imagine clearity. Sure it removes the jaggies but it also makes my image soft/blurry.

So it comes down to, a clear crisp image with some jaggies or no jaggies but a blurry image.

The only AA that gives me the best of both worlds in the one in that JP blog, however, inorder to use it I have to kill the shadows...

Did you catch that I said 8xQ MSAA and 4xSGSSAA. It wasn't a typo or anything. The setting isn't supposed to match. I think you might have missed it cause my performance increased going from 4xMSAA 4xSGSSAA to 8xqMSAA 4xSGSSAA.

DreXxiN
Jul 16, 2013, 05:12 PM
Did you catch that I said 8xQ MSAA and 4xSGSSAA. It wasn't a typo or anything. The setting isn't supposed to match. I think you might have missed it cause my performance increased going from 4xMSAA 4xSGSSAA to 8xqMSAA 4xSGSSAA.

Your performance was better with x8? I wonder why that is...I mean they are both multisampling, so why would 4x have a lower framerate?

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 16, 2013, 05:14 PM
Your performance was better with x8? I wonder why that is...I mean they are both multisampling, so why would 4x have a lower framerate?

I don't know honestly. The impact comes from the SGSSAA. SGSSAA gets its sample information from the MSAA, so it isn't actually MSAA.

DreXxiN
Jul 20, 2013, 08:14 AM
Alright, so after testing both the default profile and old profile, it would appear I have strange mouse issues with the custom Inspector settings...which is really odd because I suffer no frame drops. Anyone else have this issue?

Akakomuma
Jul 28, 2013, 06:36 AM
Excuse me, I have went back and forth reading the pages of this thread to try to find the answer and haven't found a solution. I have a few questions if anyone doesn't mind.

The graphics in Sizu's screenshots is SweetFX, correct?

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/OfJZzU6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x8Ii6b2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DH6xYmu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Is it a specific preset of SweetFX?
Does SweetFX work with PSO2 on Nvidia cards? If so, how would I go back doing this?

Thanks.

zegun~kun
Jul 28, 2013, 09:48 AM
Nvidia 326.19 Beta is out
testing performance now.....

----

SGSSAA is working well, but i cant put AO..

----

cant post how much performance gain on this one, since i usually use AO mod at high quality -- and this beta driver cant get AO mods to work . .

Sizustar
Jul 28, 2013, 12:52 PM
Nvidia 326.19 Beta is out
testing performance now.....

----

SGSSAA is working well, but i cant put AO..

----

cant post how much performance gain on this one, since i usually use AO mod at high quality -- and this beta driver cant get AO mods to work . .

Newer one is 326.29 - Seems to gain 1~3 FPS..
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_326_29_beta_driver_download.html

Picture...on Top model~~

Sizustar
Jul 30, 2013, 03:27 PM
Newer Driver 326.41
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-326.41-beta-driver.html

Crevox
Jul 30, 2013, 05:23 PM
Okay, now provide a method for ATI please. :)

zegun~kun
Jul 30, 2013, 10:22 PM
@sizu
i took it from Nvidia's website
so i guess i'll try the newer 326.41 one @.@

Akakomuma
Jul 30, 2013, 10:38 PM
Newer Driver 326.41
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-326.41-beta-driver.html

Excuse me, may you by chance post how you got your graphics to look like this? I'd appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvp_SaFZ4U

http://i.imgur.com/DE38Vwv.jpg

zegun~kun
Jul 31, 2013, 02:12 AM
oh the AO mod is working in this beta driver $_$

@kokonoe
use downsampling method from 2560x1440 on a 1920x1080 screen
use 0x004110C1 AA compatibility bits, and Dead Space AO compatibility bits
result = beautiful image, performance hogger

Zyrusticae
Aug 1, 2013, 01:06 AM
I have confirmed that SGSSAA will break the game's motion blur (that is to say, it no longer works properly). The interpolation effect does not work with driver AA, only with downsampling. You still get the slight blurring effect, but it's not even close to what it's supposed to be.

With SGSSAA:
[spoiler-box]https://ucxrag.blu.livefilestore.com/y2pmOclfKBYBjNVUhAmSr_wCZ4A0u46Nk0QXr6u8sd-kig1K4HW1ji8-Q1yXgzeQ7oepn8IAL6lwE4dahckVrGA5Dj-bVU5i2zTjS24rMh3ljU/pso20130801_005503_000.jpg?psid=1[/spoiler-box]

No SGSSAA, downsampled from 2880x1620:
[spoiler-box]https://ucxrag.blu.livefilestore.com/y2p58Pyr_oBRIuSFqDLnjXBe3L3yuMeaHOwDhVHhPMYijwAqkL 5F_o3sxjoHUc1VG5kIiL_PbADmULnT9Ua9KxvOykluCC10NIlt hLH1_L-740/pso20130801_010112_003.jpg?psid=1[/spoiler-box]

zunewantan
Aug 1, 2013, 07:30 AM

Hi OppaiMaya, I am author of that site.
I will teach the solution to your problem.

1. Add custom resolution

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36566

Add custom resolution in nVidia control panel.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36569

Then create new resolution 2560x1440.

This value depends on the display which you own.
I think most 16:9 displays are works well @2560x1440.
Other effective values are,

・3200x1800
・2880x1620
・2560x1440
・2520x1575
・2400x1350
・2352x1470
・2304x1296
・2240x1260
・2184x1365
・2112x1188
・2080x1170

These values are tested by Lavendy & myu.
http://lavendy.net/pso2/2013/04/custom_resolution.html#more

Thanks Lavendy & myu!

2. Configure user.pso2 file

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36568

user.pso2 file at C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2/

Input same values at Width and Height that you set with resolution before.

3. Apply combined AA

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36570

My settings.

If you set custom resolution and succeeded in start of PSO2, you will not have any problem with the setting of the shadow as 4 and 5 either.
A cause is unclear, but does not work as the normal resolution like 1080p.
(I think its a bug of the PSO2 side.)

Please ask if there is anything that you don't understand.

Sizustar
Aug 1, 2013, 08:05 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Hi OppaiMaya, I am author of that site.
I will teach the solution to your problem.

1. Add custom resolution

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36566

Add custom resolution in nVidia control panel.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36569

Then create new resolution 2560x1440.

This value depends on the display which you own.
I think most 16:9 displays are works well @2560x1440.
Other effective values are,

・3200x1800
・2880x1620
・2560x1440
・2520x1575
・2400x1350
・2352x1470
・2304x1296
・2240x1260
・2184x1365
・2112x1188
・2080x1170

These values are tested by Lavendy & myu.
http://lavendy.net/pso2/2013/04/custom_resolution.html#more

Thanks Lavendy & myu!

2. Configure user.pso2 file

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36568

user.pso2 file at C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/SEGA/PHANTASYSTARONLINE2/

Input same values at Width and Height that you set with resolution before.

3. Apply combined AA

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2703&pictureid=36570

My settings.

If you set custom resolution and succeeded in start of PSO2, you will not have any problem with the setting of the shadow as 4 and 5 either.
A cause is unclear, but does not work as the normal resolution like 1080p.
(I think its a bug of the PSO2 side.)

Please ask if there is anything that you don't understand.[/SPOILER-BOX]
It only works in Full screen(Virtual Full screen still have broken Shadow), and AO doesn't seem to work with it(Need to do some more testing along with FPS.

Screenshot with your setting.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/NaWHArS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/h8vcPli.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6sdZNr0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/p950YhI.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sizustar
Aug 2, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hmm...that setting isn't really playable on my current set-up.
Normal FPS is 30.
I'll try some more testing, AO still seems to be there, I was wrong before, but not as easy to see now.

Akakomuma
Aug 20, 2013, 12:46 PM
zegun~kun and zunewantan, thank you so much. My game looks beautiful now.

Sizustar
Sep 21, 2013, 04:43 PM
Nvidia released a new WHQL driver
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_327_23_whql_driver_download.html

AMD has a WHQL and a Beta driver
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_10_beta_%2813_200_11_september_4%2 9_download.html
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_9_whql_download.html

DeathDragon2332
Sep 21, 2013, 09:41 PM
Ah my poor 7950 :( I just upgraded from a 560 TI as well, wish I could do this.

Rexob
Sep 21, 2013, 11:04 PM
Got it working and <3 it!

Misaki Ki
Sep 22, 2013, 06:27 AM
Finally got around to messing with SweetFX on my Nvidia card again. Turns out RadeonPro worked decently on it.

[spoiler-box]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Misaki-Ki/Games/PSO2/pso2_2013-09-22_05-57-57-07.png[/spoiler-box]

It's still messy and bloomy; was just happy GameGuard didn't kick me.

lnvisible
Sep 22, 2013, 05:14 PM
How did it not kick you out? Would love to use SweetFX for this game.

Misaki Ki
Sep 22, 2013, 05:34 PM
It doesn't seem to mind RadeonPro that much, but sometimes it doesn't hook for me. Sometimes it takes a few tries. I'm also unsure if GameGuard will block it or not if it's blocking everything else, but deleting GG's registry values or using Tweaker's fix errors plus a restart will take care of that.

I had to disable UAC to get RadeonPro to work, but the rest of setting it up is just normal though. You may have to run RadeonPro as admin as well, despite it telling you not to. The same applies to Tweaker as well if you use it. I had to right click both and run both programs as admin, even though Tweaker should run as admin normally.

I'm unsure if this falls under YMMV, but good luck!

Sizustar
Sep 30, 2013, 02:40 PM
SweetFX ver 1.5 released, should work better with RadeonPro currently.

Misaki Ki
Sep 30, 2013, 02:56 PM
"New Vibrance setting "Vibrance_RGB_balance" allows people to set Vibrance per color component"

Misaki likes. Plus it seems overall performance gains all around for much of the shaders.

TehGuy
Sep 30, 2013, 03:16 PM
SweetFX on my Nvidia card again. Turns out RadeonPro

... You can do that? Just use RadeonPro for SweetFX even if one uses a Nvidia card?

Misaki Ki
Sep 30, 2013, 05:46 PM
... You can do that? Just use RadeonPro for SweetFX even if one uses a Nvidia card?

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I was always lead to believe that you couldn't use it on Nvidia, even by some of the posts here. Turns out you can, but I've only had so many people actually try it so don't know if there's any limitations to it.

It works by injection, basically another overlay so you need to make sure GameGuard isn't blocking everything. You can look at Ezo-chan's post here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2964047&postcount=314) for basic setup once you get the program running.

Sometimes RadeonPro doesn't want to hook. It will sometimes takes a few attempts, and works better if you launch from RadeonPro itself. As long as the program is running, it'll try to hook anyway so you can use things such as Steam or Tweaker as I mentioned earlier.

I mentioned how to deal with GameGuard blocking stuff in my earlier post, but it's something to keep in mind since that will cause issues every once in a while.

Cyron Tanryoku
Sep 30, 2013, 05:52 PM
It seems to work 100% once you get past a few things
Been using it for the past few days and no issues came up

Sizustar
Sep 30, 2013, 09:36 PM
Not working for me, get the post processing isn't available error.

Sizustar
Oct 1, 2013, 06:18 PM
Nvidia new Beta driver
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_331_40_beta_driver_download.html

Implemented Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion plus (HBAO+) for DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 applications.
Will test after server UP.

Misaki Ki
Oct 3, 2013, 08:50 AM
Not working for me, get the post processing isn't available error.

Upgrading to 1.5 broke it for me, started getting that error.

Downgrading to 1.4 still shows the error, so there's something that I may need to reset. Falz right now as of writing, so I'll be delayed on it.

Edit:
This method (http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4485544&postcount=7144) seems like this is the way to go about fixing it, but I honestly just uninstalled and reinstalled the whole program so I can't verify it.

Zyrusticae
Oct 3, 2013, 12:26 PM
It doesn't seem to mind RadeonPro that much, but sometimes it doesn't hook for me. Sometimes it takes a few tries. I'm also unsure if GameGuard will block it or not if it's blocking everything else, but deleting GG's registry values or using Tweaker's fix errors plus a restart will take care of that.

I had to disable UAC to get RadeonPro to work, but the rest of setting it up is just normal though. You may have to run RadeonPro as admin as well, despite it telling you not to. The same applies to Tweaker as well if you use it. I had to right click both and run both programs as admin, even though Tweaker should run as admin normally.

I'm unsure if this falls under YMMV, but good luck!
GG's registry values? Where do you find those? (Guess I'll just try the Tweaker first...)

I'm damn glad this works on Nvidia; it was really, really bothering me for the longest time. I knew there had to be some way to get past Gameguard's ridiculously overzealous 'protection'... I'll mess with this as soon as I get home, and also the new Nvidia beta drivers (HBAO+? For DX9 games? This sounds too good to be true)!

Darki
Oct 3, 2013, 12:30 PM
Does this mean better graphics with less fuck up for the graphics card? :D (one can only dream).

Misaki Ki
Oct 3, 2013, 03:17 PM
GG's registry values? Where do you find those? (Guess I'll just try the Tweaker first...)

I think the directories you need to remove are:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\INCAInternet
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\npggsvc

There might be more, but I think only the second one of what I listed matters. Basically delete, and reboot. It won't work unless you reboot.

It's easiest to test with Fraps or something to see if you finally get GameGuard to stop being a jerk.

Zyrusticae
Oct 3, 2013, 09:31 PM
Damn it, I can't get it to work no matter what I do. Deleted the registry entries, rebooted, no go. Fixed gameguard errors, rebooted, deleted the registry entries AGAIN, rebooted, still no go. Can't even get FRAPS' overlay to show up. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: The new drivers are indeed updated with the HBAO+ shader instead of the old one - however, the new shader is far, FAR more subtle than the old shader, to the point where it's difficult to tell if it's even on. I can only assume this is a temporary state of affairs since the driver is very obviously in beta right now.

Edit #2:

Sometimes RadeonPro doesn't want to hook. It will sometimes takes a few attempts, and works better if you launch from RadeonPro itself. As long as the program is running, it'll try to hook anyway so you can use things such as Steam or Tweaker as I mentioned earlier.

Okay, hold on. How are you launching the game from RadeonPro? Every time I try it nothing happens.

Sizustar
Oct 4, 2013, 12:44 AM
Damn it, I can't get it to work no matter what I do. Deleted the registry entries, rebooted, no go. Fixed gameguard errors, rebooted, deleted the registry entries AGAIN, rebooted, still no go. Can't even get FRAPS' overlay to show up. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: The new drivers are indeed updated with the HBAO+ shader instead of the old one - however, the new shader is far, FAR more subtle than the old shader, to the point where it's difficult to tell if it's even on. I can only assume this is a temporary state of affairs since the driver is very obviously in beta right now.

Edit #2:

Okay, hold on. How are you launching the game from RadeonPro? Every time I try it nothing happens.

In the application section, add new profile, choose pso2.exe, and then in the Launcher tab, choose Custom and choose PSO2launcher.exe

That's how I can get it to launch from RadeonPro, and yes, SweetFX 1.4 works, but not 1.5
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1ov3nG4TBsa2RLOWVSNEluTms/edit?usp=sharing

Easiest way to tell is with a Monochrome type effect

And a few thing to know when taking screenshot with SweetFX, the ingame photograph won't be able to "see" it, as it's a overlay, a seperate program like Frap is needed ot take picture
Any picture taken with Frap will not be able to "hide" the text, etc like the ingame screenshot effect.

Some pictures, The picture with the character name, ingame chat box, are SweetFX enabled, the one without are without SweetFX, only Nvidia AO.
I am not using the Beta driver with HBAO+, just the previous WHQL(Beta driver isn't stable for me)

SweetFX enabled - Effect used Bloom, HDR, LumiaSharper, Tonemap, Vibrance, Vignette, Dither
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/uUnfWX4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3UhEs53.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wfaojlC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HP0RI0f.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dufGDvw.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Without SweetFX, only AO
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/kOeUej1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eM6uoST.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uqxvhds.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8bltjuv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H4mRaEW.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Misaki Ki
Oct 4, 2013, 03:28 AM

Open up a command prompt, enter in:

SETX -pso2 +0x01e3f1e9

Then reboot your computer. Then use the following start parameter:
+0x33aca2b9

As for your issues, I can't say too much. That fixed a few people's, so I don't know what's going on with your system sadly.

Zyrusticae
Oct 4, 2013, 08:31 AM
Man. This is pretty maddening. Works for everybody else, just not me.

There has to be something going on here...

Okay, I have to check. FRAPS is supposed to work, right? FPS counter and everything?

It doesn't for me, no matter what I do to Gameguard. Could there be something else blocking it?

Misaki Ki
Oct 4, 2013, 01:04 PM

Okay, I have to check. FRAPS is supposed to work, right? FPS counter and everything?

It doesn't for me, no matter what I do to Gameguard. Could there be something else blocking it?

I mostly say FRAPS because GameGuard seems to either block every overlay, or let them all work. FRAPS will show it's FPS counter at the start of the game, so it's the fastest way to tell if it's letting things through. If you can get any other overlay to hook though, it should be fine.

GameGuard is the most frustrating thing I've ever messed with, so don't let it get to you too much. Just make sure everything is being ran as an administrator.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/0xXk817.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Sizustar
Oct 5, 2013, 12:13 AM

I use Fraps to record video, and the FPS counter show for me.
What version of Window, and Frap are you running?
And do you start Frap first or PSO2 first?

Zyrusticae
Oct 5, 2013, 11:26 AM
I start FRAPS first, and I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit if that's relevant.

I noticed Gameguard just reinstalls the registry keys and stuff after I launch the game, and the service is still there in the background (though it's stopped). Is that supposed to happen?

Sizustar
Oct 5, 2013, 12:34 PM
I start FRAPS first, and I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit if that's relevant.

I noticed Gameguard just reinstalls the registry keys and stuff after I launch the game, and the service is still there in the background (though it's stopped). Is that supposed to happen?

Not sure, I'm also running Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit with no problem.

Darki
Oct 5, 2013, 12:42 PM
So what are exactly the benefits of doing all these new stuffs over just using Nvidia Inspector? I ask before I get to fuck my game up and get my girlfriend annoyed because I don't do TACOs with her for a day or two, lol.

What do these apps do? Are they supposed to be used along with the changes made in the Inspector, or to use them instead?

Skyly
Oct 5, 2013, 12:43 PM
subscribed

Misaki Ki
Oct 5, 2013, 12:48 PM

Same setup for me, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much on your own here. I suppose delete the keys, delete the GameGuard folder (I may have forgotten to mention that, ) run tweaker for the hell of it and fix GameGuard errors.

No clue what's freaking GameGuard out on your end. Perhaps start closing any 'unnecessary processes' before starting the game after a reboot to see if you have something conflicting.

Sizustar
Oct 5, 2013, 01:49 PM
So what are exactly the benefits of doing all these new stuffs over just using Nvidia Inspector? I ask before I get to fuck my game up and get my girlfriend annoyed because I don't do TACOs with her for a day or two, lol.

What do these apps do? Are they supposed to be used along with the changes made in the Inspector, or to use them instead?

Nvidia Inspector only allows you to change the type of AA, and enable AO.
SweetFX is a graphic overlay for DX program that enable you to use effects that is not usable normally.
So for example, you can turn on Cartoon effect, to get black line similiar to Borderland type effect, etc.

These are the current effect supported on 1.5

* SMAA Anti-aliasing : Anti-aliases the image using the SMAA technique - see http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/
* FXAA Anti-aliasing : Anti-aliases the image using the FXAA technique - currently only work under DirectX9. Use the d3d9.dll found in \SweetFX\dlls\FXAA DX9 dll\ for this.
* Explosion : Scatters the pixels similarly to the Explosion filter in Irfanview
* Cartoon : Creates an outline-effect that makes the image look more cartoonish.
* Advanced CRT : Mimics the look of an old arcade CRT display.
* LumaSharpen : Sharpens the image, making details easier to see
* Bloom : Makes strong lights bleed their light into their surroundings
* HDR : Mimics an HDR tonemapped look
* Levels : Sets a new black and white point. A fast and easy way to increase contrast but it causes clipping. The Curves effect does this in a more subtle way without causing clipping.
* Technicolor : Makes the image look like it was processed using a three-strip Technicolor process - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technicolor
* Cineon DPX : Makes the image look like it was converted from film to Cineon DPX. Can be used to create a "sunny" look.
* Monochrome : Removes colors from the image so it appears as if shot on black and white film.
* Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (and typically does it better then the Tonemap effect)
* Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
* Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
* Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves - without causing clipping.
* Sepia : Sepia tones the image - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepia_tone#Sepia_toning
* Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting )
* Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dithering#Digital_photography_and_image_processing )
* Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.
* Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

Darki
Oct 5, 2013, 02:38 PM
So, do I need to use it along with anything I changed with Nvidia Inspoector, or should I leave it to defaults there, if I were to use that program?

Does it improve the performance of the graphics or will it be more or less the same (or worse)?

Zyrusticae
Oct 5, 2013, 03:06 PM
I FINALLY got it to work. I still have no idea what actually caused it, but I disabled all non-Microsoft services (except for the RadeonPro and Nvidia ones) and all start-up programs and now it's working fine.

It seems like there's something else running that gets in the way. Fortunately, it shouldn't be a problem anymore... but damn, that really gets on my nerves.

Sizustar
Oct 5, 2013, 03:08 PM
So, do I need to use it along with anything I changed with Nvidia Inspoector, or should I leave it to defaults there, if I were to use that program?

Does it improve the performance of the graphics or will it be more or less the same (or worse)?

SweetFX gives more "option" and requires a stronger GPU to run, it also require specific tweaking to get it to your liking.

It run seperate from Nvidia Inspector, as it is a dll injector, you have to run it with RadeonPro, method is described earlier.

Whether it is better or not, you'll have to turn on the specific shader, and tweak it to your liking.
You can do a search on google for comparasion of other game that people have used for SweetFX, Skyrim is a popular one, and the GTA serie too.

Darki
Oct 5, 2013, 03:33 PM
Since I got so many problems to get Nvidia Inspector to do what I wanted, then I guess I'll just forget about this one. Maybe if I get another GPU this christmas to pair with the one I got I should be able to do this.

Sizustar
Oct 5, 2013, 03:37 PM
Since I got so many problems to get Nvidia Inspector to do what I wanted, then I guess I'll just forget about this one. Maybe if I get another GPU this christmas to pair with the one I got I should be able to do this.

What's your current GPU?

Darki
Oct 5, 2013, 04:25 PM
GeForce GTX660.

Sizustar
Oct 5, 2013, 04:36 PM
GeForce GTX660.

Can you run the Nvidia Inspector AA setting normally?
Or do you have to reduce to 2x?

As long as you don't go over the top with the setting(Using Bloom and HDR) you shouldn't lose that much FPS normally.

With SweetFX+Nvidia Inspector, I get 40~60 Average FPS on my single GTX 780.

Darki
Oct 6, 2013, 03:40 AM
Nah I already bitched around here for a while till I got my settings in a way I liked (mostly trying to reduce the shimmering of some of the glowing textures). The game looks as good as I want with a decent FPS (only drops a bit in huge effects like Vardha death), so I'll try not to be too greedy here. Thanks. =)

Zyrusticae
Oct 7, 2013, 09:15 PM
So this is what my settings look like right now. I am very pleased with the effect the DPX shader has on skin tones (it makes them much warmer and more believable/lifelike). There's no way I could go back to the regular look at this point.

[spoiler-box]https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pYHfAoI4TruaK3881DmnTRlt0vXNbQ9k0YTvTUSqmFE8xSi7 P8keikeQutBp6S_eV2KLPGCWDJNuvZaaaHvwqKr44cgbSyjoQ6 L9yL1wwESM/pso2%202013-10-07%2018-00-49-77.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pyQNKlEtmHLem_MDApTg-YIiMAozAO7EyGDzsmZKJK6Q0EWwhyLlI_ONHUG7STM0IeCVFMG Q9-_uTpbr_oIe_W5U0Cf_Sm3xYUWPqMJrfnfQ/pso2%202013-10-07%2018-00-58-43.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2ph6vx4JQNjLEXk7L9eU3wvCmSv-PjcByzf4AuRoiz0TpFeoC2g8z0fWUdbQd8xMMEWg3rsNoU1xbK rzGkIlhNWhB2MAcPqFoF29VQ1_O9S0s/pso2%202013-10-07%2018-02-41-01.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pkQpUoTJvSb8tZoDjoRfoEquvQm8Ejsc1jz2jmrQge-qPXbedQ86oPbaTSak0gsajQYOeSx4ELmQemH2OmoYCMqczKHyb _wIE3C8SBJh7EHY/pso2%202013-10-07%2021-09-31-54.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pOmK72ZjNlqw7mHbIdPRAb3J6oVN6sNsyWZHOOiZ14-EnR4KRZ6j54hPbUPXpLXx1gSBaiD9E7swAFzfSV3nnj-whw4IlfIXt9aMSF-oiW_g/pso2%202013-10-07%2021-12-47-42.jpg?psid=1[/spoiler-box]

Kondibon
Oct 7, 2013, 09:21 PM
So this is what my settings look like right now. I am very pleased with the effect the DPX shader has on skin tones (it makes them much warmer and more believable/lifelike). There's no way I could go back to the regular look at this point.

[spoiler-box]https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pYHfAoI4TruaK3881DmnTRlt0vXNbQ9k0YTvTUSqmFE8xSi7 P8keikeQutBp6S_eV2KLPGCWDJNuvZaaaHvwqKr44cgbSyjoQ6 L9yL1wwESM/pso2%202013-10-07%2018-00-49-77.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pyQNKlEtmHLem_MDApTg-YIiMAozAO7EyGDzsmZKJK6Q0EWwhyLlI_ONHUG7STM0IeCVFMG Q9-_uTpbr_oIe_W5U0Cf_Sm3xYUWPqMJrfnfQ/pso2%202013-10-07%2018-00-58-43.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2ph6vx4JQNjLEXk7L9eU3wvCmSv-PjcByzf4AuRoiz0TpFeoC2g8z0fWUdbQd8xMMEWg3rsNoU1xbK rzGkIlhNWhB2MAcPqFoF29VQ1_O9S0s/pso2%202013-10-07%2018-02-41-01.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pkQpUoTJvSb8tZoDjoRfoEquvQm8Ejsc1jz2jmrQge-qPXbedQ86oPbaTSak0gsajQYOeSx4ELmQemH2OmoYCMqczKHyb _wIE3C8SBJh7EHY/pso2%202013-10-07%2021-09-31-54.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pOmK72ZjNlqw7mHbIdPRAb3J6oVN6sNsyWZHOOiZ14-EnR4KRZ6j54hPbUPXpLXx1gSBaiD9E7swAFzfSV3nnj-whw4IlfIXt9aMSF-oiW_g/pso2%202013-10-07%2021-12-47-42.jpg?psid=1[/spoiler-box]
That contrast seems really high but otherwise I actually like the way that looks. You say it makes it looks more lifelike but to me it looks more cartoony though. XD

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2013, 09:49 PM

What's the shader you're using, and how much FPS do you lose when using it?
But to me, Background it looks a bit too bright(Hurt my eye)

Zyrusticae
Oct 7, 2013, 10:14 PM
I'm using the DPX shader, curves (set to mode 1, that is to say, chroma mode), and ordered dithering. I copied the shader files for these from the 1.5 folder over to the 1.4 folder and it works just fine, btw.

The performance hit is negligable, particularly since I'm locked at 60 FPS at all times (except when particles fill the screen).

That contrast seems really high but otherwise I actually like the way that looks. You say it makes it looks more lifelike but to me it looks more cartoony though. XD
Believe it or not, my previous settings were MUCH more contrasty. I got tired of my character's skin being blinding white half the time and fixed that, heh. Even now, I'm wondering if I should turn down the vibrancy a bit.

The skin tone, however, even as crazy contrasty and vibrant as it is, is still more realistic than the flat-looking tone of the regular game. The reddish color helps to approximate some subsurface scattering, which helps to keep characters from looking like zombies.

Here are some more examples:
[spoiler-box]https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2p06rKqbhIXDGEXu58yrY1DutpcGvnei9f4S82xUp55RsHUXd shaeA8rqUmBbK_e1FGF__ISRl0gzj95JpoiHeDKC99glV3LnXe HFHQ5IgrWI/pso2%202013-10-07%2022-04-20-50.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2p8Lpsi4lc7DN5c8DGT0pVXLrfCUEEVPHW7yfnaXupli9zlVe oy-kxVQtwUqGutEymoM1VTrOLwMcN7BJ1gX3zWGvt5-syC2ZXpPN2ITMWaqI/pso2%202013-10-07%2022-00-01-15.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pJhfo54Q6SsChPdcE3_5vuGzbY1AnAF53QRMI90mKOa64UZ8 7hBloH6CQBsICtfeW9z7zP1RJhiXITd0ai5Im-322595Xrx7bdSRkI6EtEng/pso2%202013-10-07%2021-50-29-99.jpg?psid=1
[/spoiler-box]
(Yes, I'm blowing through the story on Liza right now. And yes, I can't bring myself to stop wearing the sexy swimwear. I think I may have a problem...)

Chik'Tikka
Oct 7, 2013, 10:59 PM
Amazing... imma have to set this up and see if i can get it to work enough for screen shots+^_^+

Horosha_Onikage
Oct 7, 2013, 11:05 PM
So, is this really possible now on an Nvidia card? I really would like to add sweetfx to PSO2... As it is, I can never run Skyrim without it.

Sizustar
Oct 7, 2013, 11:12 PM
I'm using the DPX shader, curves (set to mode 1, that is to say, chroma mode), and ordered dithering. I copied the shader files for these from the 1.5 folder over to the 1.4 folder and it works just fine, btw.

The performance hit is negligable, particularly since I'm locked at 60 FPS at all times (except when particles fill the screen).

Believe it or not, my previous settings were MUCH more contrasty. I got tired of my character's skin being blinding white half the time and fixed that, heh. Even now, I'm wondering if I should turn down the vibrancy a bit.

The skin tone, however, even as crazy contrasty and vibrant as it is, is still more realistic than the flat-looking tone of the regular game. The reddish color helps to approximate some subsurface scattering, which helps to keep characters from looking like zombies.

Here are some more examples:
[spoiler-box]https://ucxrag.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2p06rKqbhIXDGEXu58yrY1DutpcGvnei9f4S82xUp55RsHUXd shaeA8rqUmBbK_e1FGF__ISRl0gzj95JpoiHeDKC99glV3LnXe HFHQ5IgrWI/pso2%202013-10-07%2022-04-20-50.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2p8Lpsi4lc7DN5c8DGT0pVXLrfCUEEVPHW7yfnaXupli9zlVe oy-kxVQtwUqGutEymoM1VTrOLwMcN7BJ1gX3zWGvt5-syC2ZXpPN2ITMWaqI/pso2%202013-10-07%2022-00-01-15.jpg?psid=1
https://ucxrag.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pJhfo54Q6SsChPdcE3_5vuGzbY1AnAF53QRMI90mKOa64UZ8 7hBloH6CQBsICtfeW9z7zP1RJhiXITd0ai5Im-322595Xrx7bdSRkI6EtEng/pso2%202013-10-07%2021-50-29-99.jpg?psid=1
[/spoiler-box]
(Yes, I'm blowing through the story on Liza right now. And yes, I can't bring myself to stop wearing the sexy swimwear. I think I may have a problem...)

Have you tried HDR or Bloom?
Although they seem to give a big hit in Performance.

Odd that you can get the 1.5 shader to work, if I put in the 1.5 shader, it gives me the post process not working error.

Amazing... imma have to set this up and see if i can get it to work enough for screen shots+^_^+

You'll have to use a program like Fraps to take screenshot, the ingame screenshot won't capture SweetFX effect as it's a overlay.

So, is this really possible now on an Nvidia card? I really would like to add sweetfx to PSO2... As it is, I can never run Skyrim without it.

It's possible now, but it seems to only work with SweetFX 1.4, and you have to use RadeonPro as the injector.

Zyrusticae
Oct 7, 2013, 11:39 PM
Have you tried HDR or Bloom?
Although they seem to give a big hit in Performance.

Odd that you can get the 1.5 shader to work, if I put in the 1.5 shader, it gives me the post process not working error.
Well, I only transfer the shader files for the ones I'm using (DPX, curves, dither) and nothing else. If you transfer the main file or the .dll file, naturally, it won't work.

I don't use HDR because I don't see the point in faking it, and bloom just kind of makes me angry. I don't like losing visual information like that.

Sizustar
Oct 8, 2013, 12:08 AM
Well, I only transfer the shader files for the ones I'm using (DPX, curves, dither) and nothing else. If you transfer the main file or the .dll file, naturally, it won't work.

I don't use HDR because I don't see the point in faking it, and bloom just kind of makes me angry. I don't like losing visual information like that.

Copying the whole shader folder doens't work.

Are you using the default setting?

No SweetFX, Only Nvidia Inspector(AA+AO)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/FKXSDoY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U5tXpM6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G6oX2cv.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

SweetFX(Cineon DPX+Vibrance+Curve+Dither)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HzPSsye.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/amkJzlr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EBc7Gtf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyrusticae
Oct 8, 2013, 12:12 AM
I use my own settings for this - in particular, the DPX shader settings I use are nothing at all like the defaults.

RGB at 15 each, color gamma and saturation at 1.0, RGBC values at .40 (you have to change the range in the sweetfx_settings file because the range is backwards by default), and blend value is at .35.

Rexob
Oct 8, 2013, 12:31 AM
Copying the whole shader folder doens't work.

Are you using the default setting?

No SweetFX, Only Nvidia Inspector(AA+AO)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/FKXSDoY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U5tXpM6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G6oX2cv.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

SweetFX(Cineon DPX+Vibrance+Curve+Dither)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/HzPSsye.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/amkJzlr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EBc7Gtf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Holy crap that looks amazing lol...I might actually have to play around with SweetFX now - almost a totally different looking game lol.

Edit: What AA & AO settings are those?

Sizustar
Oct 8, 2013, 02:57 AM
No Sweet FX
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/e0TRV7O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uG0we2S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oFaijtZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aTer37c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Testing Zyrusticae's SweetFX
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/x2PzyFF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xzToSEJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eMuEPHS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1r4iY1M.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zyru's setting without Vibrance gains a bit of FPS(Not alot of difference)
But with Bloom and HDR, lose alot of FPS.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 8, 2013, 03:21 AM
amazing Sizu, can't wait to have a few free hours to play with this, and i have afterburner to take screens rather then the built in+^_^+ I thought there was somethin funny with your pics, something odd making them blurry, then i realized it was just .jpg compression artifacts, any chance i can convince you to post .png screens?? Or does fraps not support that format?+^_^+

Sizustar
Oct 8, 2013, 03:33 AM
amazing Sizu, can't wait to have a few free hours to play with this, and i have afterburner to take screens rather then the built in+^_^+ I thought there was somethin funny with your pics, something odd making them blurry, then i realized it was just .jpg compression artifacts, any chance i can convince you to post .png screens?? Or does fraps not support that format?+^_^+

Actually it's just imgur changing them to jpg, not sure who, the origional pic is in png.
I'll record a gameplay with Frap too.