PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia and AMD Anti-Aliasing and SweetFX Guide

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

chikko1988
Sep 8, 2015, 11:44 PM
Aida-san please integrate a safe hooking tool for ReShade on PSO2 Tweaker. Ambient Occlusion for all ☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 02:47 PM
After a bit of messing around and overclocking my CPU/GPU, I tried out the OP's Anti-Aliasing configuration again (thanks again, Rhino). MSAA + SGSSAA in Inspector, and then topped it with SweetFX. But the game tanks below 60 FPS for most locations, including the lobby, when I do this

Without SweetFX, with SGSSAA:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/8uWJt5g.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
With SweetFX and SGSSAA:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/aSZ8jeM.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

I don't get it. Why is overclocking my EVGA GTX 960 SSC not helping in this situation?

I did opt to use my own configuration, though. It's not too bad, but...

SMAA + FXAA + Anisotropic Filtering + RadeonPro's Ambient Occlusion at HBAO + LOD Bias at 1.5:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/bl4P6WA.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Aeris
Oct 21, 2015, 02:58 PM
What hardware you're running the game on since you're getting fps drops in most locations?

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 03:24 PM
I edited my previous post to say what I have, but I'll also say it here. I'm carrying an EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4GB, overclocked to a moderately high level at a safe spot. +50 MHz to the Core Clock, +250 MHz to the Memory Clock, and +6mv to the Voltage, all with EVGA Precision X16. I'm also running an AMD FX 6300 overclocked to 4.4 GHz on water cooling, so I'm certain PSO2 is not overworking my CPU.

Aeris
Oct 21, 2015, 04:49 PM
Well the thing is you're forcing alot of things on a mid-range gpu since the processor on it has to render all of that stuff + try to keep performance at the same time which can be very demanding for it, only thing i could say is have some software that monitor how much gpu usage you're getting with the game running.

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 04:51 PM
Well, I played around a little more. Thanks to Nvidia's new "Multi Framed Sample AA" or "MFAA", Anti-Aliasing can be enhanced further. I applied MFAA to my configuration and got this result.

SMAA + FXAA with LOD Bias at 1.5 + HBAO at "Ultra" + MFAA + Anisotropic Filtering:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/lbEklkI.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

It looks great, but it also performs very nicely. Doesn't really drop below 60 FPS, except with high server load during Emergency Quests like Elder/Loser.

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 04:52 PM
Well the thing is you're forcing alot of things on a mid-range gpu since the processor on it has to render all of that stuff + try to keep performance at the same time which can be very demanding for it, only thing i could say is have some software that monitor how much gpu usage you're getting with the game running.

Yeah, that's most likely the case. Thanks. I'll probably get MSI Afterburner or Rivatuner to see to that.

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 05:38 PM
Or don't over break your graphic card than it should. That's the best solution, and just wait when PS4 graphic compatibility patch comes to PC in to lighten the texture.

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 05:44 PM
I felt like posting this for a comparison to my lobby screenshot.

Using a compound technique with my aforementioned configuration:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/g2ZIId3.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 06:59 PM
Or don't over break your graphic card than it should. That's the best solution, and just wait when PS4 graphic compatibility patch comes to PC in to lighten the texture.

The PS4 graphics option will only increase Bloom and character model quality. It won't increase overall texture quality or get rid of any jaggies. And overclocking doesn't break GPUs as long as you push it to a fairly reasonable amount. The GTX 960 can handle the bumps I gave it, thanks to some Google searching. 250 MHz Memory Clock is under the limit, while 50 MHz Core Clock is generally the most recommended. I don't see how this will break my GPU since it only helped it so far.

After doing some research, apparently having extra V-RAM can in fact help with having higher quality textures as well as higher quality types of Anti-Aliasing. Anyone here with a 970 or a 980? Would you kindly try to test SGSSAA + SweetFX out on PSO2 and show your results?

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 07:12 PM
The PS4 graphics option will only increase Bloom and character model quality. It won't increase overall texture quality or get rid of any jaggies. And overclocking doesn't break GPUs as long as you push it to a fairly reasonable amount. The GTX 960 can handle the bumps I gave it, thanks to some Google searching. 250 MHz Memory Clock is under the limit, while 50 MHz Core Clock is generally the most recommended. I don't see how this will break my GPU since it only helped it so far.

After doing some research, apparently having extra V-RAM can in fact help with having higher quality textures as well as higher quality types of Anti-Aliasing. Anyone here with a 970 or a 980? Would you kindly try to test SGSSAA + SweetFX out on PSO2 and show your results?

If you over do any of your computer parts too often, they can break and to wear off. Just like how if you run your car engine to full throttle, it starts to overheat

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 07:41 PM
If you over do any of your computer parts too often, they can break and to wear off. Just like how if you run your car engine to full throttle, it starts to overheat
Not the best example if you ask me. I'm not overclocking my GPU or CPU to a ridiculously high amount, and they both have aftermarket cooling. The EVGA GTX 960 SSC that I'm using has ACX 2.0 cooling, and my CPU cooler is a Cooler Master Sedion 120M liquid cooling unit. Investing in liquid cooling if you don't intend to overclock is pointless in my humble opinion, so I may as well overclock.

What are you even trying to say anyway? Overclocking doesn't wear down your PC if you don't push to the maximum limit. I'm not pushing anything I own to their limits at all, so what's the problem? It's SGSSAA. It's just so demanding. But it's quality is very, VERY high. Especially at 1920 x 1200. But I'd rather game at 60+ FPS and sacrifice a bit of quality instead of dropping down for the sake of very high quality Anti-Aliasing. Regardless, overclocking to a reasonable setting doesn't cause these kinds of problems.

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 07:52 PM
The game is already high quality it is for the engine of the game it's using. Tweaking more isn't going to help by the way. Liquid cooling doesn't help much either.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 21, 2015, 08:08 PM
True and not true.
First, it's not heat which mainly kill your pc, It's voltage, introducing a higher voltage than the limit of components will kill them. Though, once you find a perfect value, you can leave it run daily, just have temperature at acceptable threshold.
Second, about wear-off, back then there were tons of debate on it, still, there is no sign of OCing/heat can do shit, may be a little to non-existence. But, high voltage can, abit, by the time you can see signs of wear off, your parts would be 10 generations behind. Also, depends on manufacturers, some design their products with shitload of back-up power to handle harshness from users, while some design theirs just enough (that's why you can see many Chinese cheap shit broke easily after few months)

P/S: I leave pso2 running 24/7 here, having temp stable at 30-45C for CPU, 40-55C for GPU. Still run smoothly. Back then on my old PC, I played Tera which sucked GPU/CPU hard, their temps were always above 60C for like 20hrs/day, but my old PC still work until this day, and it works fine

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 08:21 PM
Well, HentaiLolicon (lol) said what I was basically trying to say, but couldn't. Thanks, HL.

The game is already high quality it is for the engine of the game it's using. Tweaking more isn't going to help by the way. Liquid cooling doesn't help much either.

And...wut...the game is already high quality? Liquid cooling doesn't help much? Just...what? PSO2's default anti-aliasing is lazy, the overall texture quality for the environment, weapons, decals, and walls/floors is comparable to a 2006-2007 PS3 game, and some of the options are mostly subtle changes. Did you even read Preposterous Rhino's original post on this topic? You want to back up the stuff you said or you're just gonna leave it with that statement? Because, if liquid cooling doesn't help much then how come my CPU never exceeded 30 degrees Celsius while keeping a stable overclock of 4.4 GHz? And have you actually looked at any of the screenshots posted in this topic? Because even if you did, then what you're saying is merely conjecture. Like, really, Aldotsk? Why not you actually look at the original post of this topic and open up the screenshots on it?

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 08:27 PM
You do realize that the more you use liquid cooling, you need to refill it with the material that uses up the cooling right?

The guide is really to give you guidelines to get better quality of screenshots more than actual gameplay. The gameplay being used by SweetFX gets a slower FPS no matter how much of a monster computer you have because you are literally using third party program to enhance it. I saw your screenshots but it's not as smooth as the rest of the people because you aren't really using proper programs. :p Come on, McFly think.

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 08:38 PM
You do realize that the more you use liquid cooling, you need to refill it with the material that uses up the cooling right?

The guide is really to give you guidelines to get better quality of screenshots more than actual gameplay. The gameplay being used by SweetFX gets a slower FPS no matter how much of a monster computer you have because you are literally using third party program to enhance it. I saw your screenshots but it's not as smooth as the rest of the people because you aren't really using proper programs. :p Come on, McFly think.

Except SweetFX doesn't lower your framerate by a lot. You will notice a decrease of a maximum of 2 in practically every scenario. SweetFX being third party or not doesn't have to do with anything. And it indeed makes a difference within the actual game, not just screenshots. And I'd like to see you prove me wrong by posting a video to show it.

And I'm sorry, but what? Nvidia Inspector and RadeonPro are not "proper programs"? What's your definition of a proper program then? And what did I just read? Monster hardware will still have lower FPS? This is more conjecture. Show me something that proves your statements are factual. I doubt you actually will though, since you seem to like spouting nonsense, so I'll post one instead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB8cyq1ehNI Note that in this video, the person who's recording has a 750ti and an i3 4130, and yet they are getting 60+ FPS. But this is at 900p. How about a video from our friend sizustar who runs at 1080p or higher? (This video can be played at 4k, so SweetFX at 4k doesn't seem to cause performance issues, proving your statement to be false) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVYK_bCcpXY

As for your liquid cooling statement, closed loops are generally factory sealed. Mine happens to be, and it doesn't seem to require a refill. Though if it does, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 21, 2015, 08:44 PM
You don't need to change coolant much if you are using a good one. Some OCers here use distilled water with antifungal chemical as coolant, and it still takes them like 2 months before coolant get dirtied.
About that eyes tempting graphics, It depends on each individual. Some like it colorful with lots of effect, texture. Some like it simple as they are easier to look at.
So, that's it, don't use it if you don't like. I generally using original client, because my scrub eyes can't handle too much effect

KLMS1
Oct 21, 2015, 08:50 PM
I just checked and the diff between SWFX on and off is like 3-4 FPS for me - and my machine's honestly getting kinda long on the tooth.

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 09:00 PM
You don't need to change coolant much if you are using a good one. Some OCers here use distilled water with antifungal chemical as coolant, and it still takes them like 2 months before coolant get dirtied.
About that eyes tempting graphics, It depends on each individual. Some like it colorful with lots of effect, texture. Some like it simple as they are easier to look at.
So, that's it, don't use it if you don't like. I generally using original client, because my scrub eyes can't handle too much effect
This is fine to me, this is your choice and I understand why you would do that. But at least you acknowledged that there is a big difference. Aldotsk said some pretty nonsensical things however. I half expect them to say there's no difference between 30 and 60 FPS, but I don't think they're that...well, I can't say stupid, so I'll leave it with unable to accept facts over their head cannon.

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 09:12 PM
Except SweetFX doesn't lower your framerate by a lot. You will notice a decrease of a maximum of 2 in practically every scenario. SweetFX being third party or not doesn't have to do with anything. And it indeed makes a difference within the actual game, not just screenshots. And I'd like to see you prove me wrong by posting a video to show it.

And I'm sorry, but what? Nvidia Inspector and RadeonPro are not "proper programs"? What's your definition of a proper program then? And what did I just read? Monster hardware will still have lower FPS? This is more conjecture. Show me something that proves your statements are factual. I doubt you actually will though, since you seem to like spouting nonsense, so I'll post one instead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB8cyq1ehNI Note that in this video, the person who's recording has a 750ti and an i3 4130, and yet they are getting 60+ FPS. But this is at 900p. How about a video from our friend sizustar who runs at 1080p or higher? (This video can be played at 4k, so SweetFX at 4k doesn't seem to cause performance issues, proving your statement to be false) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVYK_bCcpXY

As for your liquid cooling statement, closed loops are generally factory sealed. Mine happens to be, and it doesn't seem to require a refill. Though if it does, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Except the game was originally running with 1080p without the whole SweetFX so your argument is wrong :). Also I really doubt that i3 computers can actually run 900 resolution with full 60 fps. So don't be so gullible McFly. That video that Sizustar made was quite a long time ago, and running it on 4k means nothing . It's a video recorded and streamed up by YouTube. How can you even assume that it runs 4k? Please.

RadeonPro is a third party program if you are using NVidia card and also it is still considered third party program since SweetFX is literally a file mod that's actually used to tweak your installed game. If it's not given with the game, then it's a third party program

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 09:32 PM
Except the game was originally running with 1080p without the whole SweetFX so your argument is wrong :). Also I really doubt that i3 computers can actually run 900 resolution with full 60 fps. So don't be so gullible McFly. That video that Sizustar made was quite a long time ago, and running it on 4k means nothing . It's a video recorded and streamed up by YouTube. How can you even assume that it runs 4k? Please.

RadeonPro is a third party program if you are using NVidia card and also it is still considered third party program since SweetFX is literally a file mod that's actually used to tweak your installed game. If it's not given with the game, then it's a third party program

I really don't understand where you're getting this information from, could you give me an explanation if this is from personal experience or is this from other guides?

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 09:37 PM
I really don't understand where you're getting this information from, could you give me an explanation if this is from personal experience or is this from other guides?

..... Well, this is common sense. Any videos from. YouTube can play on 4K.

With all that said, I think you should just be satisfied with what you have for your settings. SweetFX has some good aspects in the game but it has down sides of bugging the game too. Though I am sure you'll ask me to prove it to you, but I really don't feel like skimming through 130 pages of a guide with people reporting bugs because it is just not my thing.

I used SweetFX but honestly, as a photographer- I just don't think it's all that dying awesome. No troll intended. Like the game is being updated and it's got no reason to use third party program anymore and should people want to video record or screenshot it, they can use Lightroom or Premier to edit out with better results

HentaiLolicon
Oct 21, 2015, 09:39 PM
I suggest you to ignore this Aldotsk.

@Aldotsk
i3 is considered more than good for PSO2 at 1080p. And do you even know how computer works?
I suggest you to burn your PC and buy a Mac, so then you can use everything as original as manufacturer wanted you to

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 09:45 PM

@Aldotsk
i3 is considered more than good for PSO2 at 1080p. And do you even know how computer works?
I suggest you to burn your PC and buy a Mac, so then you can use everything as original as manufacturer wanted you to

He said 900 not 1080. But also, if you think i3 can run the setting that Adam is running, then you obviously are trying to kill the computer. The highest settings with that much Anti Alias settings would kill the low quality computer at anytime.

You are basically trying to claim that highest settings can run a processor that can barely surpass Intel Celeron. Sooooo your argument is invalid

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 09:51 PM

@Aldotsk

Haha, wow. Yeah, I think I'm going to have to take your advice on that.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 21, 2015, 09:55 PM
Just read his comment, I said 1080p and he argued about 900, I have to go to toilet to laugh or people will think i'm insane. And eventhough I did explain about effect of heat on components, his mind is still on that. Lastly, he clearly knows nothing about how graphics are processed. Sorry, I have to go to take anoth laugh

A. Zerran
Oct 21, 2015, 09:56 PM
I don't think there's much more I can say on this matter, but I'm just going to leave this link here: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/269/Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_G1820_vs_Intel_Core_i3_i3-4130.html

Aldotsk
Oct 21, 2015, 10:15 PM
I don't think there's much more I can say on this matter, but I'm just going to leave this link here: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/269/Intel_Celeron_Dual-Core_G1820_vs_Intel_Core_i3_i3-4130.html

If you think that i3 can handle as great as most of the high quality based graphic computers, then that basically means you don't really have a good quality computer and you just want to equally use a same quality as a high spec based computer :) which can never happen. Isn't that usually the case that people tend to choose SweetFX since they don't have any hardwares that they can't make their games into high quality?

If you tell people i3 is good enough, then you are basically false advertising them. Even AMD is pretty bad that you'd just get yourself i7 for better performance in computers. (Especially playing games)

i3 maybe good with 1080p, if you are watching a streaming video lol. Just saying.

http://www.techspot.com/review/972-intel-core-i3-vs-i5-vs-i7/page5.html

Oh right. i7 has best performance to run it more than 60 FPS while i3 tends to fall down to 40-60 in high quality games, maybe 30-40 at best.

arkeido
Oct 21, 2015, 11:48 PM
. Even AMD is pretty bad that you'd just get yourself i7 for better performance in computers. (Especially playing games)

Doesn't AMD get outperformed by Intel at every price point?
Not as much as you'd think. Many "reviews" from TomsHardware and Anandtech are responsible for this belief. They're both subsidiaries that operate under a single company and have been seen in the past using outdated (Adobe CS2, Starcraft 2, iTunes, etc), single-threaded, and even sabotaged software at arbitrary single-core-intensive settings as often as apparently possible, and has tricked many unknowing readers into believing select products (Intel CPUs) have a huge advantage and better price-performance.

Sorry...I had to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8e0jnm39lE

HentaiLolicon
Oct 21, 2015, 11:59 PM
You can't force knowledge on a wall and hope it will understand. The moment he thought liquid cooling need to refilled, i3 is not capable of 1080gaming, and this

Isn't that usually the case that people tend to choose SweetFX since they don't have any hardwares that they can't make their games into high quality?

Sorry, I will take time to laugh for 3rd time

A. Zerran
Oct 22, 2015, 12:22 AM
I think Aldotsk is either a troll feigning ignorance, a diehard fanboy of PSO2 thinking that it's perfect in it's graphics and a "high quality" game, or someone with vapor for brains. I think he knows he's lying, but he'll keep spouting nonsensical statements. And when someone asks him for evidence or a source of what he's saying, he backpedals and goes to more nonsensical statements.

Let's clarify something here. PSO2's default graphics even at full settings are not high quality, neither is the game really all that demanding. As I said, the overall texture quality for the environment, weapons, decals, and walls/floors looks like a 2006-2007 PS3 game, and the default Anti-Aliasing is lazy as all hell. Why was this topic created? To replace the in-game AA. And that's what SGSSAA/SMAA can do, though the former is taxing. That being said, the character models are higher quality, especially Casts. But my statement still stands. Disregard Aldotsk, he's a pure waste of your time, as he doesn't understand anything he's talking about in this regard. An Intel Core i7 for pure gaming is a huge waste of money. AMD outperforms Intel in multi-threaded tasks that don't rely on Hyper-threading, and we're seeing that more and more. My FX 6300 performs well enough for my standards, and I'm happy with that.

A. Zerran
Oct 22, 2015, 03:36 AM
Can you keep this AMD intel fanboy trash out of this thread since this is for people wanting to make there game better?

Sorry. Yes, I was trying to say that SweetFX makes a moderate difference in quality at tiny amounts of performance cost to none at all, and then this guy suddenly comes in and says only in screenshots there's a difference, and it somehow makes your game perform worse, no matter how powerful your hardware is, which made me laugh. I haven't laughed this hard in a while. I'm most certain that Aldotsk is talking out of his ass, and is brainless. No source, no deal. Sizustar played and recorded PSO2 at 4k with SweetFX and I believe with SGSSAA...which looks absolutely beautiful. And I'm willing to bet it was at about 60-ish FPS. That looks better than the PS4 graphic setting by a long shot. The difference is night and day.

Either way, sorry Lumpen.

Aldotsk
Oct 22, 2015, 05:59 AM
That looks better than the PS4 graphic setting by a long shot.

False. The PSO2 graphics are quite outdated for an MMORPG and it is far behind comparing to other games. Even with SweetFX, the rendering and shadings are not fully crisp and it only just enhances the glowing saturates more. It isn't making it better. It just saturates instead to show it to players that it just enhances.

The PS4 itself is on full highest shading settings with smooth rendering and doesn't require false saturation to make the game look "good".

Sizustar's FPS with SGSSAA in the YouTube video is running less than 60. Do you know how games run in 60+ FPS? They graphics don't render so much around the environment and the motion isn't slow. Watch the video again. I am not sure if it's a self denial or aren't really paying attention.

sol_trigger
Oct 22, 2015, 09:27 AM
because recording reduce FPS jesus

Aldotsk
Oct 22, 2015, 10:02 AM
because recording reduce FPS jesus

FPS Jesus loss due to recording and streaming is serious business

KLMS1
Oct 22, 2015, 10:43 AM
FPS Jesus died for our refresh rates. ;_;

Squall179
Oct 22, 2015, 11:49 AM
At this point Ald, you'd do better to shut up and go back to FF14. We're here on this forum to talk about Phantasy Star Online 2, not Final Fantasy 14. You're only wasting your time, my time, everyone else's time having to listen to you rant about it. if people cared THIS MUCH about graphics for the game? They would have walked away already. The people who want a game to play, or are here for other reasons, don't care enough about how it looks to be recruited by you so you can get your riding mount rewards.

Sit down, shut up, stand up, go away.

Aldotsk
Oct 22, 2015, 12:07 PM
At this point Ald, you'd do better to shut up and go back to FF14. We're here on this forum to talk about Phantasy Star Online 2, not Final Fantasy 14. You're only wasting your time, my time, everyone else's time having to listen to you rant about it. if people cared THIS MUCH about graphics for the game? They would have walked away already. The people who want a game to play, or are here for other reasons, don't care enough about how it looks to be recruited by you so you can get your riding mount rewards.

Sit down, shut up, stand up, go away.

I don't see anything related to Final Fantasy XIV here. My dear boy, have you had some trauma with the other MMORPGs? I am pretty sure I only mentioned about PSO2 SweetFX.

How would I stand up when you told me to sit down first ? My lad, what kind of insult is that? :p

KLMS1
Oct 22, 2015, 12:09 PM
Oh look, it's trying to be witty. .-.

Aldotsk
Oct 22, 2015, 12:11 PM
:(
Oh look, it's trying to be witty. .-.

You are giving me too much credit if you are claiming that I am being witty :p

Nothing of other games was actually mentioned except about me just showing my expression of opinion on how I feel about SweetFX and the computer specs. But somehow it escalated to something unrelated soooo yeah.

Salt is real.

A. Zerran
Oct 22, 2015, 04:22 PM
Once again taking my statements out of context. SweetFX by itself is nothing too special, it increases color saturation and provides different types of lighting color, but when you mix it with SGSSAA at resolutions higher than 1080p, then it can make a moderate difference. Sizustar wasn't appearing to record in 60 FPS because YouTube doesn't allow you to post videos in 4k at 60 FPS...not yet at least. In order to post 60 FPS videos on YouTube, you have to record the game at 60 or higher with good capture software (like Shadowplay or DxTory), and then post it at 1080p, then YouTube will show the game being at 60 FPS if you play it in HD (720p) or Full HD (1080p). Sizustar was playing PSO2 at 4k however, and that is quite a feat. My PC can mostly handle PSO2 with DSR at x4.00 (4k) but only when using V-Sync with Triple Buffering, and even then there's a couple of massive drops in framerate every now and again. But Sizustar's machine outclasses mine, so obviously it will run better for Sizustar. You can't really tell if the game is running at 60 FPS very well without paying close attention since 4k recorded games on YouTube can't be watched at 60 FPS.

That's all beside the point. Statements like "4k is nothing" or "SweetFX runs bad even on monster hardware" without anything to validate them are plain awful. This forum is about tweaking PSO2's Anti-Aliasing, color saturation, and overall textures while playing the game (and not just for screenshots), not to argue things that have no basis or sources. PSO2 at 4k with SGSSAA is objectively better looking than practically anything on the PS4 right now, and one day I hope to achieve this as well. I'll stick with DSR x4.00 for now, but with no SGSSAA until I get maybe a 970 or a 980.

Okay, that's it. Just done. If I do anything else that involves Anti-Aliasing in PSO2, I'll post it here. I don't like these kinds of arguments. They go nowhere. Please, let's stick to the topic.

Aldotsk
Oct 22, 2015, 04:33 PM
Well that argument seems more reasonable explanation than previous posts with personal attacks. Anyways that's at least the better reasonable statement that I wanted to read. :)

I am aware of what the thread is about. At least I wanted to hear your side of the point why you wanted to strain your performance that high was all.

A. Zerran
Oct 22, 2015, 04:42 PM
Well that argument seems more reasonable explanation than previous posts with personal attacks. Anyways that's at least the better reasonable statement that I wanted to read. :)

I am aware of what the thread is about. At least I wanted to hear your side of the point why you wanted to strain your performance that high was all.

You still acted like you know a lot about something you don't. You wasted a lot of our times here. And if you were aware of what this thread was, why did you start to derail it? Why did you say things that you couldn't confirm with other than "it's common knowledge"? It isn't common knowledge. It's just conjecture that's coming from your opinion. And it honestly sounds like you don't have any knowledge in this field, considering you went out and accused me of not having my specified hardware. Don't. It's no better than whatever you claimed we did. And I'm not as young as you might think.

A. Zerran
Oct 22, 2015, 05:02 PM
I messed around more with Nvidia Inspector, and I managed to get SGSSAA and SweetFX without going below 60 FPS. But it required me to turn off Ambient Occlusion and knock down Anisotropic Filtering x8 and at High Performance. It also means no MFAA.

SGSSAA x4 with LOD Bias at 1.0 + SweetFX, no other enhancers:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/SJcGQEw.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
I still don't think I should really do this, considering Magatsu is pretty intensive with SGSSAA. I'm fine with using my other configuration of SMAA + FXAA and Anisotropic Filtering with Ambient Occlusion.

aryayudhaprakasa2
Oct 23, 2015, 10:19 AM
Won't Gameguard will kick u out if you use sweetFX, will it?

HentaiLolicon
Oct 23, 2015, 10:51 AM
not really, I tried this last year. Got kicked by GG on 1st attempt, managed to work it out on 2nd and had it worked beautifully. But, on 3rd time, i messed something up and I got a monochrome rendering :| so I had to remove sweetFX

KLMS1
Oct 23, 2015, 10:51 AM
Won't Gameguard will kick u out if you use sweetFX, will it?
Guess.

Killerwing
Oct 23, 2015, 08:47 PM
So, given there has been lots of pointless stuff that I just saw being dragged on, regarding A.Zerran's questions related to the AA and FPS issues and questions he had, so I will drop in my two cents on this matter.

Keep in mind that I have been doing many Inspector tests of my own, so I'm not completely ignorant of what I speak of.

I personally never bothered with SweetFX for PSO2, especially given how much of a hassle it can be when it comes to work, but also because trying to take screenshots in PSO2 with SweetFX means that the HUD cannot be removed from the picture, unlike the default options of PSO2. And since I'm not interested in restarting PSO2 just for the sake of turning SweetFX on and off, I have no interest in using it.

Now, as for the main advertised SGSSAA settings that are on the front page.

I will make note that I was able to generally have an FPS around 90 to 120 with those settings, PLUS an extra Ambient Occlusion setting I had discovered at some point, though it was clear the AO added extra strain on the FPS.

HOWEVER, the big detail?

I'm running a machine with an i7 processor and a GTX 970 from EVGA, one of their highest factory overclocked 970s in fact. And even with that my FPS was limited around that.

If I get to that kind of FPS with that strain I put on the settings, this means that A.Zarren with his i3 and a GTX 960 won't be able to achieve as high as I would be able to.

With the SGSSAA settings, I can only surmise he might be able to maintain 60 FPS decently.

Another detail is that while you can force MFAA in the Inspector and NVIDIA Configuration window, I am not certain it actually does work in PSO2. Turning on the option to force MFAA on may not necessary apply the MFAA that you'd desire.
If I recall correctly on things I read on the matter, you'd need a game that is compatible with MFAA.
And given PSO2's age, it's obvious it isn't a compatible game for that.

Bottom line of this: You may have attained a limit that you didn't think you had A.Zarren. You'll have to make due with what you have.

Be careful with overclocking as well. It can burn out your card more easily than you'd think. I tried some small overclocking on my GTX 970 and it burnt out after only 9 months of having bought it. Replaced it with a GTX 980 TI, and obviously, it gives me way more power to use for AA boosting.

Also, another source of NVIDIA Inspector settings would be the japanese player Lavendy who has a blog of their own. https://lavendy.net/pso2es/
Obviously it's in japanese, so some Google Translate help may be required. However there are some very strong, though potentially demanding settings that can be downloaded from that blog.
I'm now running one of those settings, the 2nd highest ones in the list in fact now
I could have run the highest settings, however doing so limited my game's FPS at around 90. With the 2nd highest settings instead, my FPS generally stays around 120 now.

And remember, that's with an i7 processor combined with a GTX 980 TI. That's some huge power there.

And here's an extra screenshot to show that crisp quality.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi59.tinypic.com/ideooh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
(Game is played in 1080p resolution. Not bothering to go bigger, no point in it.)
This is the kind of quality I now run with, smoothly nearly all the time(I tend to get some FPS drops whenever I use my Photon Blast. Dunno why it does that.)

A. Zerran
Oct 24, 2015, 01:32 AM
@Killerwing.

Where did I say I was using an Intel Core i3? I said I was using an AMD FX 6300, and considering it's unlocked and meant to be overclocked, what should stop me from doing that? And did you read what kind of GTX 960 I have? It's the type that's meant to be overclocked. I understand basic voltage and advanced overclocking, so I'm not going to end up destroying my stuff any time soon.

You seem to have missed a few details. You can turn off SweetFX without restarting PSO2. Press Delete. You can bind a different key if you prefer, but the default is Delete. Assuming you're using RadeonPro's SweetFX, in which case Gameguard won't mess with you. It didn't mess with me so far, anyway. And there's a trick to getting it to work. Before you start RadeonPro, go to your PSO2 folder, and dig through it until you find the Gameguard folder and Gameguard.des file. Delete them. Start up RadeonPro and go through the triggers of getting to PSO2 Tweaker. Then, use the Fix Gameguard option in the Tweaker. Then launch the game. Presto, SweetFX works. If this doesn't work the first time, delete the same folder and file again, restart your PC, then only open RadeonPro first when you log in to your desktop.

The default Anti-Aliasing chops my framerate a lot despite being very lazy, so I'd rather not use it. I'm comfortable using SMAA + FXAA and Anisotropic Filtering at this point, as well as RadeonPro's HBAO. No framedrops and the game looks much better this way.

Ezodagrom
Oct 24, 2015, 02:11 AM
Also, another source of NVIDIA Inspector settings would be the japanese player Lavendy who has a blog of their own. https://lavendy.net/pso2es/
Obviously it's in japanese, so some Google Translate help may be required. However there are some very strong, though potentially demanding settings that can be downloaded from that blog.
I'm now running one of those settings, the 2nd highest ones in the list in fact now
I could have run the highest settings, however doing so limited my game's FPS at around 90. With the 2nd highest settings instead, my FPS generally stays around 120 now.

And remember, that's with an i7 processor combined with a GTX 980 TI. That's some huge power there.

And here's an extra screenshot to show that crisp quality.

[spoiler-box]http://oi59.tinypic.com/ideooh.jpg[/spoiler-box]
(Game is played in 1080p resolution. Not bothering to go bigger, no point in it.)
This is the kind of quality I now run with, smoothly nearly all the time(I tend to get some FPS drops whenever I use my Photon Blast. Dunno why it does that.)
Could you post a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector settings?

Asuka~
Oct 24, 2015, 03:34 AM
Yeah I'd like to use the settings as well in my system (FX-8350 @4.4GHz and Palit Jetstream 970 @+100 for core and memory).

Killerwing
Oct 24, 2015, 11:45 AM
Could you post a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector settings?

Yeah I'd like to use the settings as well in my system (FX-8350 @4.4GHz and Palit Jetstream 970 @+100 for core and memory).

Well since you two asked nicely, I'll give you a screenshot of my settings :)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi59.tinypic.com/rhq43t.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh, and here's a link to Lavendy's blog page where I was able to download her latest Inspector settings she made for the latest NVIDIA drivers. I suggest you have your NVIDIA drivers updated to the latest version before using the settings I'm using, for they are basically the exact same as Lavendy's save for a few minor tweaks to the FPS limit(Lavendy's settings are set to have Vsync on and FPS limited at 60, which I didn't want)

https://lavendy.net/pso2es/geforce-358-50-whql-drivers/

The settings can be downloaded in the english named zip files at the bottom of the page.

And A.Zarran.

Now it seems I missed the fact that you were using an AMD processor instead of the i3. Guess I must have read the posts too quickly.
However I took the liberty of checking a comparison site to see the performances of your processor versus others.

And here's what I found: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6300+Six-Core

Your processor matches an i5 2500K @ 3.30 GHz in terms of performance.
However my processor? It's an i7-4770K @ 3.50 GHz
And you can see in that list it's the 2nd highest one. And it's nearly double the performance of your processor.

From that same site, I also checked the comparison of performance of the GTX 960 versus other cards. And here's the link to the page in question: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

If you check in it, the GTX 960's performance is numbered at 5,984
The GTX 970? 8,652
The GTX 980 Ti 11,533 (nearly DOUBLE the 960's)

Yes, I'm aware those are just general numbers that will not take into account how the GPU was build by the manufacturer. However those numbers are still an excellent base to consider and compare the performance of the GPUs.
Heck, even my old GTX 770 that I had before getting a 970 is better than the 960!!!

Also, yes I am aware you can overclock your CPU and GPU.
HOWEVER
Keep this in mind:

YES, you can overclock your CPU and GPU.
YES, you can maybe increase their performances to match higher stuff like say, an i7 and a GTX 970.
BUT, it will NEVER perform as well as the real deal, no matter how hard you try, because an actual i7 and GTX 970 were made to function better than your AMD processor and a GTX 960

This is the bottom line of all of this A.Zarran.

I won't repeat myself regarding this, since this is all there is to say now.
With the stuff you have right now, you'll NEVER be able to achieve insanely high-end performance on PSO2 if you want to go for super big Inspector boosting.

If you want better, you'll need to upgrade your hardware. That is all.

It doesn't matter what you'll reply. I have stated all the main facts that were required to say, provided the necessary proofs to back up my claims.
There's nothing else to say.

Ezodagrom
Oct 24, 2015, 03:33 PM

[spoiler-box]http://oi59.tinypic.com/rhq43t.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Hmmm, trying that flag with my current settings (4x MSAA/4x SGSSAA), seems like the framerate is dropping slightly less than with the flag in the first post when I use rabarta against a large group of enemies (dropping to 60s instead of 50s), I'm not noticing any major differences in the quality, so I think I'll be using this flag for now, thank you for sharing it. ^^

(Not using ambient occlusion at all though, using a Phenom II X4 955 and a GTX960, even though I play at a relatively low resolution, 1440x900, it's probably for the better to not use AO with my current specs)

EDIT: After further testing, the changes that I had in framerate were because of turning off AA fix and not because of the flag. Guess I may as well keep using the flag in the first post.

A. Zerran
Oct 24, 2015, 09:22 PM
@Killerwing: Oh boy, here we go.

Listen, where did I say my machine outclasses your machine or anyone else's? When did I imply it? On another note, you didn't account the fact that your top of the line GTX 970 (would be nice if you specified what kind of 970) is $100+ more than the 960 SSC (4GB model not 2GB model, and yes, extra V-RAM makes a difference when trying to run higher quality textures, higher resolutions, and higher quality Anti-Aliasing), which is money I don't have, first of all. Second, who cares if an i7 outclasses an AMD FX 6300 other than fanboys? When did I say or imply the opposite? Third, really, again with this? What do you use your i7 for other than gaming, because if it's just pure gaming then that's a waste. Why are you bragging about what you have?

And fourth, look matey, the articles you provided and the numbers you provided mean nothing. Synthetic benchmarks. I could care less. Gaming benchmarks are a different case, and I'd happily read those, but this is a game that has it's overall texture work range from something around 2007. I'm not here to brag about my stuff, it all started with how I felt overclocking would give me an edge to run these settings. But considering how this turned out, now people are convinced I am bragging, which I'd like them to show me where I said anything that remotely implies bragging. All you're doing appears to be showing off and talking down to me, which makes me sad that someone who actually knows their stuff on PC hardware has to resort to that to explain some kind of point. Why do I have to know that someone's hardware is better? Why are you trying to derail the topic like Aldotsk?

(Edit) : I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to tell me other than bragging and talking down to me, but if you actually read all of my previous post, you'd read the information I was trying to tell you. I was trying to help you with configuring SweetFX, and then I talked about my configuration using both Inspector and RadeonPro. I don't need SGSSAA if I can use my configuration, which looks nearly as good and runs brilliantly at 90+ FPS. Where did I say I wasn't satisfied with my configuration or my PC? Nowhere. So why bring up something that never happened?

HentaiLolicon
Oct 24, 2015, 10:01 PM
If he could post some charts, images of his resource usage while playing pso2, it would be more convincing. To this point, it's all just personal experience. And that in-game screenshot makes me worry, just look at that snow and some green at background, looks way worse than orginal rendering.

A. Zerran
Oct 24, 2015, 10:25 PM
If he could post some charts, images of his resource usage while playing pso2, it would be more convincing. To this point, it's all just personal experience. And that in-game screenshot makes me worry, just look at that snow and some green at background, looks way worse than orginal rendering.

Yes to the first statement. And after looking at the screenshot again, I have to agree, yes, I'm a bit concerned now as well. How did that happen?

Ezodagrom
Oct 25, 2015, 03:01 AM
I haven't followed this whole discussion (too much hostility to bother), but I'll try to give my 2 cents about a few things.

I don't get it. Why is overclocking my EVGA GTX 960 SSC not helping in this situation?

Even with overclocking, seems like SGSSAA on PSO2 at 1080p (or similar resolutions) is too demanding for a GTX960, there's a pretty big gap between the GTX 960 and the 970 unfortunately, both when it comes to core and when it comes to memory (a considerably higher amount of shader processors, texture and render units, and a larger memory bus width).

Nvidia really should have released some sort of GTX 960 Ti/GTX 965 at the same time as the 960 to fill in the gap between the 960 and 970...

The PS4 graphics option will only increase Bloom and character model quality. It won't increase overall texture quality or get rid of any jaggies.
Based on comparison screenshots that were shown (though since they're from a livestream, those shots are blurry), there's more to the Ep4 quality 6 settings than just bloom and character model quality.

I assume the first 2 comparisons are a result of bump mapping, I guess.
Ground in these shots:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/ke8gr/a684fc0f88.png
http://puu.sh/ke8ha/06676f6408.png[/spoiler-box]

Trunk of the tree:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/ke8GT/dec42abf2d.png
http://puu.sh/ke8Hz/46c55c5d1d.png[/spoiler-box]

And lastly there's alot more bushes at the top of the rocks in the right, I wonder if this means that it'll have a higher object draw distance or just more objects?
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/ke8XA/e3224cd33a.png
http://puu.sh/ke8XW/2142e2fb63.png[/spoiler-box]

Pretty much the only things I would want from the Ep4 setting is a somewhat decent form of AA to use instead of the in-game FXAA (due to SGSSAA being too demanding for mid range hardware), and for them to tweak down the bloom a bit, as it is now it's way too much.

A. Zerran
Oct 25, 2015, 03:29 AM
@Ezodagrom

Well, okay, I'm wrong about the PS4 setting, but in my personal experience, my settings are good enough for me, even if they don't match the PS4 setting. At the very least, I'm sitting at 99-100 FPS on average with my settings, and that's at 1920 x 1200 (yes, I got a new monitor recently, and I didn't have to pay for this one). I'm happy with that. I just wanted a proper 4GB card that can be overclocked and has two fans and is within my budget, and this 960 SSC from EVGA is satisfactory for me for the price. The 970 was out of my budget, and it still is going to be for some time. The R9 270X at 4GB is more difficult to find and costs well over the price of a 960 at this point, unfortunately, and being an AMD card, I can't really use Inspector with it. But okay, the PS4 setting does indeed more than what I initially thought it would do, and I'm actually curious on trying the setting when it comes out now. But I doubt it will give us any proper Anti-Aliasing of any kind though.

As for the memory bus width thing, having a bus width of 128-bit is not the end of the world, and the thing is, AMD has larger bus widths for their cards than the 960, but that doesn't mean they're automatically faster, does it? Bus width is just one aspect, and even at 128-bit, this card can run Crysis 3 on High settings (for ME at least. Believe it or not I actually achieved this using a couple of tweaks, but I had to turn Shadows to Low and Post-Processing/Water to Medium since they're a massive CPU hog).

...Well that's really all I can say. My settings are fine as is. If something comes up, I'll post it here, but for the sake of not causing more vitriol, I think I'll just stay quiet. Later.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 25, 2015, 03:53 AM
About that PS4, It's understandable, as all PS4 have identical hardware, so it's easier for them to pump the graphics to top. As for PC, there are godlikes, also toasters, even potatoes, it's harder to get the optimal setting for general use.

Ezodagrom
Oct 25, 2015, 03:54 AM
@Ezodagrom

Well, okay, I'm wrong about the PS4 setting, but in my personal experience, my settings are good enough for me, even if they don't match the PS4 setting. At the very least, I'm sitting at 99-100 FPS on average with my settings, and that's at 1920 x 1200 (yes, I got a new monitor recently, and I didn't have to pay for this one). I'm happy with that. I just wanted a proper 4GB card that can be overclocked and has two fans and is within my budget, and this 960 SSC from EVGA is satisfactory for me for the price. The 970 was out of my budget, and it still is going to be for some time. The R9 270X at 4GB is more difficult to find and costs well over the price of a 960 at this point, unfortunately, and being an AMD card, I can't really use Inspector with it. But okay, the PS4 setting does indeed more than what I initially thought it would do, and I'm actually curious on trying the setting when it comes out now. But I doubt it will give us any proper Anti-Aliasing of any kind though.

As for the memory bus width thing, having a bus width of 128-bit is not the end of the world, and the thing is, AMD has larger bus widths for their cards than the 960, but that doesn't mean they're automatically faster, does it? Bus width is just one aspect, and even at 128-bit, this card can run Crysis 3 on High settings (for ME at least. Believe it or not I actually achieved this using a couple of tweaks, but I had to turn Shadows to Low and Post-Processing/Water to Medium since they're a massive CPU hog).

...Well that's really all I can say. My settings are fine as is. If something comes up, I'll post it here, but for the sake of not causing more vitriol, I think I'll just stay quiet. Later.
If you're satisfied with your settings, that's all that matters. I pretty much was only saying what could make SGSSAA be too demanding for a 960 even if overclocked.
(BTW, you mentioned dropping MFAA...I don't think MFAA works at all on PSO2, MFAA is supposedly something that matches the quality of 4xMSAA while having the performance cost of 2xMSAA, according to Nvidia).

And you're right, having a bus width of 128-bit is not the end of the world, but in the end it's still a limitation. But I only really mentioned it mostly to talk about the gap between 960 and 970 (and how there should have been something between them).

When it comes to the R9 270X, if I recall correctly, it's overall a weaker card than the 960, AMD really been "drooping the ball" these past years, rebrand after rebrand, and cards that consume more power than the Nvidia's ones while doing the same performance wise... I miss the AMD from 7 years ago... (Radeon HD4xxx era)

A. Zerran
Oct 25, 2015, 04:14 AM
When it comes to the R9 270X, if I recall correctly, it's overall a weaker card than the 960, AMD really been "drooping the ball" these past years, rebrand after rebrand, and cards that consume more power than the Nvidia's ones while doing the same performance wise... I miss the AMD from 7 years ago... (Radeon HD4xxx era)

So, so true. And that's sad too. But, at the very least, the R9 290, 290X, 285, and the R9 265 are new architecture and are improved over the other R7 and R9 200 series of video cards that they released some time ago. And their R7 and R9 300 series are also based off of new architecture I'm guessing if their technical specs are accurate, so are the latest AMD cards really considered re-brands?

You remember the GTX 700 series? They were mostly re-brands as well, weren't they? Why did Nvidia do what AMD did (I didn't say they outright COPIED them, just that they did something AMD was doing as well)? Do re-brands really sell that well?

HentaiLolicon
Oct 25, 2015, 04:21 AM
We should call it Re-fresh rather than Re-brand as they actually perfect the old architecture and put them on service for few more years. Design a totally new architecture is costly and not that easy. And AMD actually took a dangerous move for designing GCN architecture, but well, it paid off as win10 can take advantage of GCN architecture now.

A. Zerran
Oct 25, 2015, 04:35 AM
We should call it Re-fresh rather than Re-brand as they actually perfect the old architecture and put them on service for few more years. Design a totally new architecture is costly and not that easy. And AMD actually took a dangerous move for designing GCN architecture, but well, it paid off as win10 can take advantage of GCN architecture now.

Okay, sure, let's call it a Re-fresh. And I actually really like what AMD did with the GCN architecture. It's a hell of a lot better on energy efficiency than the architecture for the HD 7000 series (was it Pictarian? Can't remember).

Ezodagrom
Oct 25, 2015, 04:43 AM
So, so true. And that's sad too. But, at the very least, the R9 290, 290X, 285, and the R9 265 are new architecture and are improved over the other R7 and R9 200 series of video cards that they released some time ago. And their R7 and R9 300 series are also based off of new architecture I'm guessing if their technical specs are accurate, so are the latest AMD cards really considered re-brands?

You remember the GTX 700 series? They were mostly re-brands as well, weren't they? Why did Nvidia do what AMD did (I didn't say they outright COPIED them, just that they did something AMD was doing as well)? Do re-brands really sell that well?
AMD is doing it far worse than Nvidia in the GTX 700 series, not only are all the AMD 300 series rebrands, one of them goes back to the HD7000 series...
The only new cards from AMD this time are Fury, Fury X and Nano.

Also in the GTX 700 series, Nvidia brought the older cores to lower tiers, AMD kept the tiers mostly the same in the 300 series...

[spoiler-box]Nvidia GTX 700 series:
GTX 750/750 Ti - GM107 (new core)
GTX 760 - GK104 (stripped down 670)
GTX 770 - GK104 (680 specs)
GTX 780/780 Ti - GK110 (Titan core)

AMD 300 series:
R7 360 - R7 260 core (GCN 1.1)
R7 370 - R7 265/HD7850 core (GCN 1.0)
R9 380 - R9 285 core (GCN 1.2)
R9 390/390X - R9 290/290X core (GCN 1.1)[/spoiler-box]

A. Zerran
Oct 25, 2015, 04:55 AM
I see, I see. Will the Fury X still play games at 1200p at High settings though?

Ezodagrom
Oct 25, 2015, 05:16 AM
I see, I see. Will the Fury X still play games at 1200p at High settings though?
According to this review, it does fine at 1440p (sitting a little bit behind the 980 Ti), and kinda hangs on at 4k (trading blows with the 980 Ti).
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-review.html

Despite disliking AMD pretty much rebranding their 200 series for the 300 series, this only happened because 20nm fab nodes were a failure, so both AMD and Nvidia have been stuck with 28nm technology (which has been around since 2012) until 14nm arrives.
I'd say there's a very good chance that the next gen of cards will be major upgrades when compared to the current gen, for both AMD and Nvidia.

A. Zerran
Oct 25, 2015, 05:29 AM
That is the hope, Ezo. But, I think I know why the re-brands happened with the 200 series of R7s and R9s for AMD and the 700 series of GTX for Nvidia...

The biggest possibility is that gaming console technology was holding back graphics hardware developers due to their constraints with how they play games. But this is more of a conspiracy theory than anything, though there's some valid sources to suggest something similar was happening. Why do you think they did a re-brand?

Ezodagrom
Oct 25, 2015, 05:47 AM
That is the hope, Ezo. But, I think I know why the re-brands happened with the 200 series of R7s and R9s for AMD and the 700 series of GTX for Nvidia...

The biggest possibility is that gaming console technology was holding back graphics hardware developers due to their constraints with how they play games. But this is more of a conspiracy theory than anything, though there's some valid sources to suggest something similar was happening. Why do you think they did a re-brand?
The rebrands are because they needed something new in the market but the 20nm fabrication process failed to meet expectations.
Nvidia was able to make some improvements and create new efficient and powerful cards for the mid-high end range in the form of the 900 series, but AMD just doesn't have the resources that Nvidia has. Though when it comes to the high end, both AMD and Nvidia ended making huge cores, I'd say they're pretty much at the limit of what they can do with the 28nm process (at least without bringing power consumption and heat to extremes).

Smaller circuits (14nm fabrication process) is pretty much a must for them to be able to have any meaningful improvements moving forward.

A. Zerran
Oct 25, 2015, 05:56 AM
Very good information. I'll have to remember that.

I'm sitting here with my 960 running PSO2 with my AA settings, Anisotropic Filtering, HBOA, and SweetFX, and it's really pretty. I'll have to post a video eventually. And I'm still sitting at 99-100 FPS, surprisingly.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 25, 2015, 05:58 AM
And i'm feeling waste for using xeon/970, 16GB ram just to play pso2 at 1080p 60fps on original highest setting :|

A. Zerran
Oct 25, 2015, 06:07 AM
And i'm feeling waste for using xeon/970, 16GB ram just to play pso2 at 1080p 60fps on original highest setting :|

...Why not try RadeonPro? I'll even help you since you helped me out on this topic a whole lot.

HentaiLolicon
Oct 25, 2015, 06:30 AM
Thanks, but I'm cool with it. I even turned off all graphic enhancements in driver control :| I just feel waste for not using it to its max potential

Squal_FFVIII
Oct 25, 2015, 06:47 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi59.tinypic.com/rhq43t.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh, and here's a link to Lavendy's blog page where I was able to download her latest Inspector settings she made for the latest NVIDIA drivers. I suggest you have your NVIDIA drivers updated to the latest version before using the settings I'm using, for they are basically the exact same as Lavendy's save for a few minor tweaks to the FPS limit(Lavendy's settings are set to have Vsync on and FPS limited at 60, which I didn't want)

https://lavendy.net/pso2es/geforce-358-50-whql-drivers/

The settings can be downloaded in the english named zip files at the bottom of the page.

And A.Zarran.

Now it seems I missed the fact that you were using an AMD processor instead of the i3. Guess I must have read the posts too quickly.
However I took the liberty of checking a comparison site to see the performances of your processor versus others.

And here's what I found: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+FX-6300+Six-Core

Your processor matches an i5 2500K @ 3.30 GHz in terms of performance.
However my processor? It's an i7-4770K @ 3.50 GHz
And you can see in that list it's the 2nd highest one. And it's nearly double the performance of your processor.

From that same site, I also checked the comparison of performance of the GTX 960 versus other cards. And here's the link to the page in question: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

If you check in it, the GTX 960's performance is numbered at 5,984
The GTX 970? 8,652
The GTX 980 Ti 11,533 (nearly DOUBLE the 960's)

Yes, I'm aware those are just general numbers that will not take into account how the GPU was build by the manufacturer. However those numbers are still an excellent base to consider and compare the performance of the GPUs.
Heck, even my old GTX 770 that I had before getting a 970 is better than the 960!!!

Also, yes I am aware you can overclock your CPU and GPU.
HOWEVER
Keep this in mind:

YES, you can overclock your CPU and GPU.
YES, you can maybe increase their performances to match higher stuff like say, an i7 and a GTX 970.
BUT, it will NEVER perform as well as the real deal, no matter how hard you try, because an actual i7 and GTX 970 were made to function better than your AMD processor and a GTX 960

This is the bottom line of all of this A.Zarran.

I won't repeat myself regarding this, since this is all there is to say now.
With the stuff you have right now, you'll NEVER be able to achieve insanely high-end performance on PSO2 if you want to go for super big Inspector boosting.

If you want better, you'll need to upgrade your hardware. That is all.

It doesn't matter what you'll reply. I have stated all the main facts that were required to say, provided the necessary proofs to back up my claims.
There's nothing else to say.

Hi just a question, why do you have the sli compatibility bits turned on when you only have a single card?

Regardless, ima try these settings since I have a 4790K and a 980ti. I'm currently using the 004010C5 AA compatibility bits from this forum post. I noticed yours are a little different from those.

So I will try your settings :D

chikko1988
Nov 18, 2015, 03:43 AM
Sorry if this question was asked dozens of times now, but since the Arks Mod Tool isn't working on the latest Client version - I wanna ask if there's a way to get the SweetFX working on the game's original screenshots? I want them so how on the No HUD shots but they don't want to.

And I kinda don't want to use Tweaker's no HUD script since its not toggle-able. Thanks guys!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/WPGTqja.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9yAJIHb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

arkeido
Nov 18, 2015, 04:04 AM
I'm afraid the only way is AMT/no-HUD , else the furthest you can go is hide the hotbar and chat AFAIK.

chikko1988
Nov 18, 2015, 04:28 AM
Its funny how the JPs were able to get them to work on the original screenshot tool of the game though. Anyways - thanks for the reply.

code4240
Nov 19, 2015, 07:05 PM
I'm having some bugs with mine. I can't post links because I have less than 10 posts... but I made a thread on the pso2 reddit that's at the top atm if anyone wants to look at the pics.

The issue I'm having is that there are dark areas on the map randomly, and the character's shadows are barely visible.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 21, 2015, 08:32 PM
Its funny how the JPs were able to get them to work on the original screenshot tool of the game though. Anyways - thanks for the reply.

I remember getting SeetFX to work with in game screenshot back in 2013, but be damned if i remember how+^_^+ Ran like crap on my old toaster so i never did anything past initial fiddling back then. Still have the pic though+^_^+

Anyway, i'm trying to apply ambient occlusion but PSO2 crashes every time and i haven't the slightest clue why. Averages out between 90-120 FPS before crash.

Running DSR @ 3840 x 2160 with 4x MSAA forced via inspector.

Went through every setting one at a time and it's the AO settings that crash PSO2.

Anyone have any theories or a fix?

seilent
Nov 26, 2015, 02:14 AM
update sweetfx 1.5 for radeonpro

http://45.120.157.199/download/SweetFX1.5.1RP.zip

Shoterxx
Nov 26, 2015, 04:34 AM

-snip-

May I ask you where you found it?

Sizustar
Nov 26, 2015, 07:08 AM

http://45.120.157.199/download/SweetFX1.5.1RP.zip

That's version 1.5.1, and why don't you link to the official site?
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/sweetfx-shader-suite-download.html

And if I remember right, 1.5 and 1.5.1 don't work for PSO2 anyway.

seilent
Nov 26, 2015, 07:32 AM
the official doesn't work for RP, this one is with modified shader that works for RP
kinda forget where i got this, imma dig my history frst

edit, found it : loccothan.blogspot.com

Shoterxx
Nov 26, 2015, 09:40 AM
the official doesn't work for RP, this one is with modified shader that works for RP

Well, that version does work, and Gameguard is not complaining yet.

However, new shaders (from 1.4 to 1.5.1) do not seem to work, though that seems to be an issue on my end.

Also, for those who can't get SweetFX for RP to work, you need to disable all plugins from the Tweaker.

It appears that you need to configure main.h to get it to work properly with RadeonPro. Beyond that, probably any version of SweetFX will work, I believe.

nial09
Dec 21, 2015, 05:48 PM
Would I be able to run this withhhhh
I5 4690k 3.5ghz, gtx 960 2gb, 8gb ram ?

lRagna
Dec 25, 2015, 06:01 PM
Would I be able to run this withhhhh
I5 4690k 3.5ghz, gtx 960 2gb, 8gb ram ?
yes, like a piece of cake

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2015, 02:43 AM

It works, but the newer shaders like gaussian bloom and film grain still don't function. Any tricks to getting it to work with Radeonpro?

Edit:
Double-post with content:

The HBAO+ thread (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=387114) has been updated with an advanced guide to hex-edit the HBAO+ profiles to have customized parameters. It's pretty fucking complicated (especially if you go into changing the insertion bits and pattern matching masks), but I see lots of potential here. I'm going to mess around with it for PSO2 later.

Edit #2:
I'VE DONE IT!

I've created a custom AO profile for the game that doesn't have the awful hair seams on display!

BEHOLD:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Kvp8EFk.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/tWaRgiu.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/LlOoqLD.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Sadly, as nice as this is, it is not without issues. There is a very strange side-effect that only occurs within the este:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bytjSFF.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Hence, there's a trade-off. Either get unspoiled hair in the rest of the game and have it borked in the este, or have the hair seams visible at all times but have a relatively less bugged-out este view.

I don't know if there's a way to have it fixed for both views. At this point in time, I doubt there is, because whatever the hell SEGA is doing to make the este render completely differently from the rest of the game likely makes that impossible. (If only I could change the minimum sample distance to a higher value so that it would ignore hair... if only...)

I'm still gonna keep messing around with it, just in case I make a breakthrough of some kind. If not, I'll probably just stick with this.

Nyansan
Dec 27, 2015, 03:09 AM
-snip-
Those look sexy af. Mind sharing the how you did it?

Misaki Ki
Dec 27, 2015, 05:03 AM
It says how in the guru3D thread. It's extremely simple, but it's one hell of a find. Going to mess with it pretty soon.

Nyansan
Dec 27, 2015, 07:51 AM
It says how in the guru3D thread. It's extremely simple, but it's one hell of a find. Going to mess with it pretty soon.

Already checked it out, but cant seem to find the bit that flags the hair seams (*´д`; )
Edit: nvm forgot to save the last bit oTL
Edit2: urk, hair seams y u no go away D: gonna go check back on this tomorrow

Zyrusticae
Dec 27, 2015, 10:36 AM
This is what I'm using:

AE 33 42 07 00 00 66 10 8C 90 18 0B 00 00 00 00

Bolded the part that is relevant to the hair seams. It seems to tell it to render the AO during the "Present" state, whatever that means, instead of "Match States on Draw". There may be another way to conquer the hair seams, but I have yet to find one.

Cerebral Assassin
Dec 27, 2015, 01:10 PM
It works, but the newer shaders like gaussian bloom and film grain still don't function. Any tricks to getting it to work with Radeonpro?

Edit:
Double-post with content:

The HBAO+ thread (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=387114) has been updated with an advanced guide to hex-edit the HBAO+ profiles to have customized parameters. It's pretty fucking complicated (especially if you go into changing the insertion bits and pattern matching masks), but I see lots of potential here. I'm going to mess around with it for PSO2 later.

Edit #2:
I'VE DONE IT!

I've created a custom AO profile for the game that doesn't have the awful hair seams on display!

BEHOLD:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Kvp8EFk.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/tWaRgiu.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/LlOoqLD.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Sadly, as nice as this is, it is not without issues. There is a very strange side-effect that only occurs within the este:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bytjSFF.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Hence, there's a trade-off. Either get unspoiled hair in the rest of the game and have it borked in the este, or have the hair seams visible at all times but have a relatively less bugged-out este view.

I don't know if there's a way to have it fixed for both views. At this point in time, I doubt there is, because whatever the hell SEGA is doing to make the este render completely differently from the rest of the game likely makes that impossible. (If only I could change the minimum sample distance to a higher value so that it would ignore hair... if only...)

I'm still gonna keep messing around with it, just in case I make a breakthrough of some kind. If not, I'll probably just stick with this.

Looks cool but I feel like something is missing.

Edit: Oh I see the problem I'm having, I don't know what I should edit in the editor mind helping me out?

Nyansan
Dec 27, 2015, 06:47 PM
This is what I'm using:

AE 33 42 07 00 00 66 10 8C 90 18 0B 00 00 00 00

Bolded the part that is relevant to the hair seams. It seems to tell it to render the AO during the "Present" state, whatever that means, instead of "Match States on Draw". There may be another way to conquer the hair seams, but I have yet to find one.

Changed the value on the bolded part, didn't get rid of the seam completely, but made it very, very faint. Needless to say, am quite pleased with the result. Thanks for the help o7

pkemr4
Dec 27, 2015, 08:43 PM
upgraded to a GTX 980
how high can i go with AA stuff

Sizustar
Dec 27, 2015, 09:08 PM
upgraded to a GTX 980
how high can i go with AA stuff

Depends on your resolution and what FPS goal and whether you plan to use SweetFX, etc.

So try the setting on the front page, and tweak it to your own liking.

Misaki Ki
Dec 27, 2015, 09:15 PM
Still overly playing with the different hex values.

I just thought this was pretty cool, the projectors turned into actual projectors.

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/ZmxVOFC.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Of course it's just the AO peaking through.

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/HFQQE4L.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Zyrusticae
Dec 29, 2015, 02:00 AM
Been experimenting a whole bunch.

I have come to the conclusion that the problem with the este has nothing to do with my settings and everything to do with the fact that the depth map in the este is totally fucked. In other words: blame SEGA. I ain't gonna mess around with that shit no more.

In other news, I have figured out that any 3rd insertion logic bit with "Before Stretch Rectangle" in it will work with the game with no hair seams (and prevents problems with SLI), and any combinations with "Insert AO at Present" and "Insert AO Match States on Draw" will change the appearance of the AO itself (because the depth map looks different at each stage, I imagine).

Here's a couple screenshots of it with the "B" bit (all three at once):
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/33dMARv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QN0pGbE.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Also, higher blur sharpness is far better than lower blur sharpness. At lower sharpness (higher blur) it just becomes a blobby, glob-like layer of grossness that makes hair look like something else entirely.

Now, if only Radeonpro let me mess with Gaussian bloom... then I could really have 6th tier graphics before 6th tier becomes available, keke. (Okay, minus the normal mapped terrain.)

Squal_FFVIII
Dec 30, 2015, 10:57 PM
Hey how do you guys get Ambient Occlusion to work? I noticed that when I turn it on in Nvidia Inspector nothing happens.

AA works perfectly. I use the msaax4 option and spars grid super sampling aa or whatever it's called. With the LOD Bias to -1.0000 set to allow.

I also use the 0x004110C5 aa bit's.

I have a 980ti and the latest Nvidia drivers.

How can I get AO working? ^^

Nyansan
Dec 31, 2015, 12:05 AM
Hey how do you guys get Ambient Occlusion to work? I noticed that when I turn it on in Nvidia Inspector nothing happens.

AA works perfectly. I use the msaax4 option and spars grid super sampling aa or whatever it's called. With the LOD Bias to -1.0000 set to allow.

Only default AO bit in inspector that works in PSO2 is 0x00000034.

Sizustar
Dec 31, 2015, 05:34 AM

What bit and what setting, take a screenshot of your Inspector setting.

Squal_FFVIII
Dec 31, 2015, 06:05 AM
I have it working now :) The problem was that I did not have the AO bit. I totally over looked that part lol.

It works now and it looks nice along the AA :D

pkemr4
Dec 31, 2015, 02:40 PM
Depends on your resolution and what FPS goal and whether you plan to use SweetFX, etc.

So try the setting on the front page, and tweak it to your own liking.

1920x1080
CPU is still the same FX-8350 Stock speed. right now i get a smooth 60fps anywhere in the game with the current settings posted in the front page.

Asuka~
Jan 1, 2016, 09:07 AM
1920x1080
CPU is still the same FX-8350 Stock speed. right now i get a smooth 60fps anywhere in the game with the current settings posted in the front page.

I use the same CPU as well, though its at 4.5GHz at the moment. I use the same settings with my 970 and can run it at 120~ FPS. It does drop to like 40-70 FPS when a lot is happening though. But what I do is set the in-game FPS to Unlimited on Launcher and lock the FPS on Inspector to 120 FPS. It caps at about 127.3 FPS that way (for me).

Nyansan
Jan 1, 2016, 10:06 AM
Kinda weirded out by this, but I currently have AO setting to 'Quality' but AO Usage to 'off' and game renders in AO. However, leaving AO usage on but AO setting to 'off' does nothing of the sort.

Strange.
However, having AO Setting to anything but off and AO Usage off seems to give better AO overall than both on ┐(´ー`)┌ 

Sizustar
Jan 1, 2016, 02:47 PM
Kinda weirded out by this, but I currently have AO setting to 'Quality' but AO Usage to 'off' and game renders in AO. However, leaving AO usage on but AO setting to 'off' does nothing of the sort.

Strange.
However, having AO Setting to anything but off and AO Usage off seems to give better AO overall than both on ┐(´ー`)┌ 

Screenshots of the different setting would be helpful

jooozek
Jan 1, 2016, 03:12 PM
so, in windows 10 on AMD cards, what does now work and what not? systems aside i never could get the AMD ambient occlusion get to work on my 7750

Sizustar
Jan 1, 2016, 03:34 PM
so, in windows 10 on AMD cards, what does now work and what not? systems aside i never could get the AMD ambient occlusion get to work on my 7750

SweetFX through RadeonPro should still work, you can also try RadeonMod, which seems to give similiar function to Nvidia Inspector
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-registry-editor-download.html

jooozek
Jan 1, 2016, 05:35 PM
hm, tried this RadeonMod thing, seems like it's more of a hidden driver settings enabler, tried enabling few sorts of AA and they didn't apply,
tried radeonpro and it's crashing my pso2 even without ao and sweetfx enabled, pretty much default settings and it just hooking crashes my game
anyone on w10 64bit got radeonpro working and can share settings?
edit: of course, not using arks mod tool or tweaker to launch even, just launching vanilla game

Sizustar
Jan 1, 2016, 07:06 PM
hm, tried this RadeonMod thing, seems like it's more of a hidden driver settings enabler, tried enabling few sorts of AA and they didn't apply,
tried radeonpro and it's crashing my pso2 even without ao and sweetfx enabled, pretty much default settings and it just hooking crashes my game
anyone on w10 64bit got radeonpro working and can share settings?
edit: of course, not using arks mod tool or tweaker to launch even, just launching vanilla game

I have radeon pro working on PSO2 and CLOSERS with sweetfx on Window 10 64 bit.
I have disable 64bit checked and that's about it.

jooozek
Jan 1, 2016, 07:12 PM
i tried launching from a clean boot with nothing but radeon pro running and got the same result, maybe some incompatibility with amd crimson drivers, earlier i was mixing advanced hooking path/64 bit support and something else that i don't remember now with same results
kinda strange because i've upgraded my system and kept settings from w7 where it worked for me but now on w10 doesn't at all

Mattykins
Jan 1, 2016, 07:13 PM
I can't even get RadeonPro to start up in W10. I click it, it gives me its usual "wah might not work with elevated privileges" warning, then when I click through that, it hangs for a minute in the background before throwing an error:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/Errors/radeonnoob.png

I'd tried running it in both W8 and W7 compatibility :c

EDIT: I got it working, for now. I guess it would've helped if I actually read the error and started the damn Service :T

Sizustar
Jan 1, 2016, 07:45 PM
i tried launching from a clean boot with nothing but radeon pro running and got the same result, maybe some incompatibility with amd crimson drivers, earlier i was mixing advanced hooking path/64 bit support and something else that i don't remember now with same results
kinda strange because i've upgraded my system and kept settings from w7 where it worked for me but now on w10 doesn't at all

Hmm...can you set RadonPro to create a log?
Settings>General, Click Create debug file.

But I just took this quick video with SweetFX in PSO2 and Closers,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwiH6ERCbv4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwiH6ERCbv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gbCrC3wK8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48gbCrC3wK8

Another option can be reshade?
But you'll have to see if you can use earlier version of SweetFX with it
http://reshade.me/

jooozek
Jan 1, 2016, 08:06 PM
i've uploaded gameguard and pso2.exe logs
http://pastebin.com/5sLYdzUw
http://pastebin.com/8DFhUuze
i don't seem to see anything wrong going on there

reshade seemed to hook perfectly, saw the effects in the title screen but something happened when i was loading into lobby, i'll try to mix with the older sweetfx, the AO seemed to work too from the slowdown i noticed, will test it more
edit: np1013, so i guess it's because of the sweetfx 2.0, will try to use old one
edit2: ill keep reshade for other games though, seems pretty amazing all the custom fx they have, especially that funky motion blur like gta3 had

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 2, 2016, 01:17 AM
Why are people even bothering with windows 10? ^^;

Just stay on windows 7/8.1!

Hell I recently formatted back to 7 :) I love 8.1 but EVERYTHING works on 7. a couple of my old games don't like 8.1 so much.

jooozek
Jan 2, 2016, 08:21 AM

Hell I recently formatted back to 7 :) I love 8.1 but EVERYTHING works on 7. a couple of my old games don't like 8.1 so much.
everything works for you maybe, i've had a lot of trouble with flash and amd drivers conflicting non-stop across the few years causing random lockups across many drivers itterations when i used win7, all that went away with w10, other than that radeonpro crashing i had no bigger issues that i'd have in w7, sometimes you gotta move on especially in case of operating systems since every new iteration brings better security and better hardware support (for stuff that isn't dated and incompatible with newer software anyway)

in any case, i've swapped out the 2.0 sweetfx for the 1.4 and still getting np1013, i'm guessing it's simply because of the DLL swap since I get it even if no fx is enabled

Sizustar
Jan 2, 2016, 09:10 AM

Because everything I use/play works on 10 too, and works just as well, if not better then 7.
Why stay on 7?

everything works for you maybe, i've had a lot of trouble with flash and amd drivers conflicting non-stop across the few years causing random lockups across many drivers itterations when i used win7, all that went away with w10, other than that radeonpro crashing i had no bigger issues that i'd have in w7, sometimes you gotta move on especially in case of operating systems since every new iteration brings better security and better hardware support (for stuff that isn't dated and incompatible with newer software anyway)

in any case, i've swapped out the 2.0 sweetfx for the 1.4 and still getting np1013, i'm guessing it's simply because of the DLL swap since I get it even if no fx is enabled

Np1013 is gameguard problem.
No way around it, unless gameguard whitelist it.

jooozek
Jan 2, 2016, 09:24 AM
indeed, i'll later download the char creator tho to see how much of performance hit i'd be taking with those fx if they ever manage to inject them without being detected :wacko:

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 2, 2016, 10:29 AM
Well I guess it depends on the person. For the software that I like to run windows 7 seems to be the best choice. Windows 8.1 works perfectly too, however some old and very outdated games and even my sega genesis emulator don't like windows 8.1 that much.

An example is PSU I still like to play the offline mode and it installs just fine on 8.1 however the performance isn't good constant micro-stutter. On windows 7 it runs perfectly even with the 1080p hacked exe file.

Just little things like that.

Also better security doesn't really matter to me since i'm not constantly searching for porn online. I never have any problems with viruses or spyware. You just need to be smart and know what you are downloading. Not even the best protection in the world will stop viruses if you browse the net like a fool lol.

I wont be updating to 10 anytime soon specially with microsoft spying on you all the time and the constant horror stories I hear about 10 all the time in tech forums of people having all sorts of issues.

jooozek
Jan 2, 2016, 10:47 AM
you don't have to look for porn on internet to be susceptible to software vulnerabilities, you could have been looking up some image on imgur (http://blog.imgur.com/2015/09/22/imgur-vulnerability-patched/) and become a part of a ddos network, "oh i don't visit that site" doesn't work because today whatever you are browsing might be injecting malicious code, the older the system is usually the higher the access can be gained, if you don't care about that it's ok but you don't have to be a fool to get punked by a 0day exploit :wacko: it gets even funnier when you do whatever on an admin account all the time :wacko:

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 2, 2016, 12:11 PM
Ya, i'm well aware that infections can be roaming around anywhere. If you are browsing the net you can get infected. I know this. I just made the porn example because searching for porn is one very "for sure" way to come across infections lol.

Windows 7 will be supported with important updates up until 2020 by then i'll be on a Intel core i8 "devil's cradle" (lolz) and a GTX 1200ti with like 5000 cuda cores.

Maybe then windows 10 will be fully patched and working perfectly with everything like 7/8.1 =P

Sizustar
Jan 2, 2016, 05:35 PM
There's a Sweetfx 2.0 that work with RadeonPro, although only with AMD card, not sure if it works with PSO2 though
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/337111/amd_only_working_reshadesweetfx20_for_radeon_pro

And tried out the ver 1.5.1 Sweetfx, don't really see much difference between version 1.4
Should be 1.4, 1.5.1, no sweetfx
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ApZ3OEs.png
http://i.imgur.com/cp2I6a7.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ok7Gnhd.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/TKBbVPd.png
http://i.imgur.com/fA8JfHd.png
http://i.imgur.com/5SjrCIQ.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Trying some more effects...levels is hard to figure out.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/5qAJuAZ.png
http://i.imgur.com/7Z3koHy.png
http://i.imgur.com/bwNPz9K.png
http://i.imgur.com/dX8EQ5R.png
http://i.imgur.com/jh9WSDz.png
[/SPOILER-BOX]

pkemr4
Jan 2, 2016, 08:52 PM
How do i get rid of micro studdering when playing in virtual full screen? it happens in just cause 2.
if i play in full screen i get silk smooth 60 fps. im always alt tabbing so the game will just crash.

jooozek
Jan 3, 2016, 07:12 AM
okay, i figured out why my game was crashing from radeonpro hooking, in the compatibility tab of pso2.exe in properties i had checked compatbility with windows 7 and disabled dpi scaling, changed those to defaults bringing it up to everything being default and it hooked
it seems that it works even with arks mod tool too, just need to launch the arks mod tool after the game is launched

[SPOILER-BOX]no sweetfx / no arks mod tool

http://i.imgur.com/hzosBOL.jpg

sweet fx on / no arks mod tool

http://i.imgur.com/CHmNic4.jpg

sweet fx on / arks mod tool on

http://i.imgur.com/TKmzzw3.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sizustar
Jan 3, 2016, 11:11 AM
okay, i figured out why my game was crashing from radeonpro hooking, in the compatibility tab of pso2.exe in properties i had checked compatbility with windows 7 and disabled dpi scaling, changed those to defaults bringing it up to everything being default and it hooked
it seems that it works even with arks mod tool too, just need to launch the arks mod tool after the game is launched

[SPOILER-BOX]no sweetfx / no arks mod tool

http://i.imgur.com/hzosBOL.jpg

sweet fx on / no arks mod tool

http://i.imgur.com/CHmNic4.jpg

sweet fx on / arks mod tool on

http://i.imgur.com/TKmzzw3.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Congratz on getting it working~~
Now go try out the fun effects~

And since you're using AMD, can you see if the Sweetfx 2.0 from previous page work?

jooozek
Jan 3, 2016, 11:29 AM
i'll check after eq finishes and update this post
edit: i see the message sweetfx on/off when switching between but effects itself don't apply, that 1.5.1 does work though
edit2: messed around with trying to enable hbao/volumetric ao but all it does is tank my framerate with 0 effect, maybe someone else can see any differences, i can't:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/fFpK0XF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dCKTrNw.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sizustar
Jan 5, 2016, 01:55 PM
What are some good settings I can do with a GTX 745?
I'm really bad at this.

Try the setting in the first page, and tweak to suit your need, same with SweetFX.

Another option is to use Lavendy's various Nvidia inspector setting
https://lavendy.net/pso2es/

pkemr4
Jan 5, 2016, 07:02 PM
ok.. so now im getting these werid lines around my mouse cursor when ever im in the loading tube.

does anyone else get this or know why its happening?

it managed to show up

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mm3ru/d4c72b0f91.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

these are my settings

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/ml4F8/31134fc289.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rig

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/ml5H4/cb191eae41.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit: ok so i used DDU and downloaded the latest geforce drivers and the lines still appeared around the mouse cursor in loading screen pipe. next i decided to turn off nvidia inspector and run the game stock and the line is still present. can anyone like help me with this?

pkemr4
Jan 6, 2016, 03:30 PM
sorry for the double post but when i try this setting:
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mm0NK/94ef80aa02.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

that werid box appears, what do i have to do to get rid of it?

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 7, 2016, 07:34 AM
I don't think combined AA works well with this game on 1080p. Maybe that's the problem?

pkemr4
Jan 7, 2016, 05:06 PM
the thing is i swapped videos cards and it doesn't happen on my GTX 770 and i mean the lines appearing during the loading tube.
the microstudder i found out is from the bad game client.

fuusen_gum
Jan 8, 2016, 02:46 AM
anyone knows how to use SSAO with inspector ? or can i just using the old driver and the setting in the first page and automatically activate SSAO or i need another setting to activate it ?

Sizustar
Jan 8, 2016, 01:33 PM
anyone knows how to use SSAO with inspector ? or can i just using the old driver and the setting in the first page and automatically activate SSAO or i need another setting to activate it ?

Just use driver version 327.23 or before, all driver after that replaced SSAO with HBAO+

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 9, 2016, 04:00 AM
What is HBAO+?

KLMS1
Jan 9, 2016, 05:16 AM
What is HBAO+?

A miserable little pile of secrets!

sorry.

pkemr4
Jan 9, 2016, 03:29 PM
got DSR to work with pso2 but only in full screen. is there any way to enable it for Virtual Full-screen but keep the desktop native? also what smoothness settings do you guys use for 2k and 4k?

Asuka~
Jan 10, 2016, 07:03 AM
got DSR to work with pso2 but only in full screen. is there any way to enable it for Virtual Full-screen but keep the desktop native? also what smoothness settings do you guys use for 2k and 4k?

It'd only work like that iirc if Geforce Experience detected PSO2 as a game, in terms of just having the game on a higher resoluition that is. And I use 25% myself. Though I don't mind 0% at times as it seems okay too just for the lolhigherres and using Inspector with it.

pkemr4
Jan 10, 2016, 02:49 PM
It'd only work like that iirc if Geforce Experience detected PSO2 as a game, in terms of just having the game on a higher resoluition that is. And I use 25% myself. Though I don't mind 0% at times as it seems okay too just for the lolhigherres and using Inspector with it.

on 2550x1440 i have it set to the default 33% and honestly changing it from that doesnt seem to help much at all. i don't run inspector except for the AF settings for LOD Bias and such. i think doing SSGA will kill the smooth all time 60 fps in certain places.

Nyansan
Jan 10, 2016, 08:08 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but outside of reshade has anyone found out how to create a depth of field blur in inspector/sweetfx? Or are the screenshots I see on tumblr with a DoF blur 'shopped?

Sizustar
Jan 10, 2016, 08:15 PM
What is HBAO+?

The current method of AO that Nvidia driver provide, which works better for DX1x game, but doesn't have as strong a effect as in PSO2 as compared to the older SSAO.

So, this would be SSAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBidnKQmryI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBidnKQmryI

And this would be HBAO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZG4e5S5UA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZG4e5S5UA

Resta
Jan 11, 2016, 04:09 AM
I did every step and see no difference on my game whatsoever, even disabling that one setting didnt help. I press the keys to enable the settings and nothing changes.

Sizustar
Jan 11, 2016, 05:01 AM
I did every step and see no difference on my game whatsoever, even disabling that one setting didnt help. I press the keys to enable the settings and nothing changes.

Tried running RadeonPro in Adminstrator mode?
Otherwise, check the log, and see if it's hooking or not.

Resta
Jan 11, 2016, 08:17 AM
Tried running RadeonPro in Adminstrator mode?
Otherwise, check the log, and see if it's hooking or not.

I got it working now ^^ But I wanna ask, what adjustments can I do to brighten it up? I like the dark depth your settings have but sometimes my skin is orange lol. I also wonder if theres a way to soften everything more?

Sizustar
Jan 11, 2016, 09:05 AM
I got it working now ^^ But I wanna ask, what adjustments can I do to brighten it up? I like the dark depth your settings have but sometimes my skin is orange lol. I also wonder if theres a way to soften everything more?

Try Zephy or Rhino's setting, I think theirs is brighter.
There's 4 setting here
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/605/

Also, this sight have picture and explanation of the effects that sweetFX offers
https://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/sweetfx-shader-suite/

Hiroster
Jan 11, 2016, 09:23 AM
hi Sizustar

Recently there is no better setting for nvidia Inspector by extreme or higher?

Zyrusticae
Jan 11, 2016, 09:18 PM
Interestingly, I found out another way to get rid of the hair seams with HBAO+: changing the second paramater matching mask bit (00 00 00 00 in that group of four) to 0 fixes it even with "Insert AO Match States on Draw" enabled. This increases the number of ways you can mess with the visuals of the AO.

Turns out the majority of games don't need that bit set to anything other than '0', and turning it on for games that don't need it messes things up in a big way.

Edit: Superior custom AO profile: AE A0 80 00 00 00 B0 00 A5 50 A6 0B 00 00 00 00

This one respects the UI and particle effects, and bleeds a bit less through fog. It still shows up through flat alpha textures like the smoke in the volcanic caves, however (and I'm not sure I can do anything to fix that). Also bugs out in the este but that's old news and nothing to do with my settings in the first place. It is also not SLI-friendly, meaning lots of flickering.

Edit #2: New revelation! I found out that I was using the wrong SGSSAA bit, and that was causing my flickering issues. However, now the hair seams have returned when I use "Insert AO Match States on Draw", whereas with the flickering AA this isn't a problem(???????). I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW.

Everything is a mess. Good grief.

Edit #3: DONE. Updated the AO profile one last time. This is the best I could do. Este's still fucked, it still shows up through smoke in the caves, but otherwise it respects fog better, respects the UI, respects particle effects in general, and doesn't have the annoying hair seams. I will only update it again if I find something else that grinds my gears.

pkemr4
Jan 12, 2016, 02:33 PM
nvm used the 1600 option for UI scaling. but is there 1440 scale manual edit?

Saffran
Jan 15, 2016, 12:37 PM
I have recently acquired a stupidly powerful rig (2x 980 ti) and set all the options in the Inspector, but today I had a crash, looked into it and apparently my cards go to like 90° C and quite frankly, they shouldn't.
Can anybody tell me what values they have as they play?

It might be windows 10 related, I'm considering getting a fresh windows 8.1 pro...

Asuka~
Jan 15, 2016, 01:55 PM
nvm used the 1600 option for UI scaling. but is there 1440 scale manual edit?

I set mine the reference resolution on user.pso2 to 1366x768 and it does look like 1440 UI. I'm playing at 1600x900 so you might have to fiddle with it a bit if you're on 1920x1080 or something. Here's a screenshot: [SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/W6tZ4EM.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I have recently acquired a stupidly powerful rig (2x 980 ti) and set all the options in the Inspector, but today I had a crash, looked into it and apparently my cards go to like 90° C and quite frankly, they shouldn't.
Can anybody tell me what values they have as they play?

It might be windows 10 related, I'm considering getting a fresh windows 8.1 pro...

And Saffran, I'm using pretty much the same settings as on the first page but with Ambient Occlusion setting & usage off and my temperatures vary from 55-68C at 1600x900 (65-68 during Magatsu belly rampages for example). As well as using 0x004018C5 for the Antialiasing compatibility setting. Also, I'm using this (http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/carbide-series-spec-03-red-led-mid-tower-gaming-case) case with 5 Corsair AF120 fans as well as an SP120 on the bottom to intake air towards my GPU (GTX 970).

As a side note, temps bump up to about 74C on 1920x1080 with my existing settings.

Saffran
Jan 15, 2016, 02:37 PM
I'm using the extreme ones from the japanese blog that was linked.
I was more or less testing it and it worked like a charm for a few hours, so much so that I never had a second thought about it. Maybe it was running at those high temperatures, I don't know.

Seeing the temperature scared me, quite frankly. I'll try and disable everything then look into the values again.

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 16, 2016, 05:13 AM
Saffran, maybe you need some better air flow? Also, you do have a very powerful rig, but sometimes having sli can cause a lot of heat.

What kinda cards do you have? Are they aftermarket ones with custom cooling or are they just basic vanilla ones with the blower style cooler? Those get more hot and are noisier.

You should def not be seeing 90c on your cards.

I have a evga gtx980ti sc with black plate and doesn't go over 72c when running the valley benchmark test. That test is way more stressful than pso2.

This is why i'm not a big fan of sli I prefer just one very powerful card. Less heat, don't have to deal with games not taking advantage of sli, and just overall no sli related problems.

What kinda case do you have? I have a corsair 450D which has awesome airflow.

Saffran
Jan 16, 2016, 04:12 PM
I bought it off some benchmarker who's moving out (from France to Canada). The case is an old one, no idea what the name is, it isn't that good.

I think my problem is the wifi card, I added one between the two 980 ti so the airflow is probably crappy.

I have a lot of work these days (I work in the TV world and it's a new season with plenty of new anime...) so I can't play much, when I just load the game and do the usual casino - daily craft - daily booster quest the card gets from like 28° to 55°. But yesterday I had a crash after about 10 minutes, went right back (it was a PD quest with my team) and decided to abort because I was at 89° at the teleporter.

The guy tells me those temperatures are pretty common when the card goes at full power, and from what I read online it seems believable, but I didn't expect that from PSO2.

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 16, 2016, 04:21 PM
Sounds like you should atleast get yourself a decent PC case. Unfortunately you can't return it and get your money back.

Decent pc cases cost like 60-120 bucks. and if you are sli-ing 2 980 ti's you def want some good airflow.

Saffran
Jan 16, 2016, 04:34 PM
Oh I need to buy an OS and a decent workchair anyway so I can shell 100 bucks more for a better case. (the sli alone cost a pretty penny)
I can't do that all the time. This is kind of an exception.

Shinamori
Jan 17, 2016, 12:49 AM
Radeon Pro doesn't launch. something about need permissions. I'm admin on my PC so...

Sizustar
Jan 17, 2016, 01:55 AM
Radeon Pro doesn't launch. something about need permissions. I'm admin on my PC so...

right click and choose start as admin.

Shinamori
Jan 17, 2016, 02:08 AM
Did the same thing.

Saffran
Jan 18, 2016, 02:41 PM
After a long session of unscrewing and verifying and cable managing, I put it bck together and lo and behold ! I probably have a cable stuck in one of the fans now. The PC doesn't boot.
Back to square one, I guess...

zerophyte
Jan 20, 2016, 02:26 PM
Anyone using just the stock settings available for PSO2 via PSO2 Tweaker "PSO2 Options" menu?
Can I not achieve fairly decent high textures with AA by not having to worry about external apps and profiles? What kind of settings and resolution do most people here run with if they only use the options available within PSO2 Tweaker menu?

My rig:
Intel Core i7 quad core
16GB DDR RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 870M 6GB
512GB Samsung SSD
Windows 8.1 Pro

Killerwing
Jan 20, 2016, 03:12 PM
Even a crappy machine can run PSO2 with its default settings, which is what you can configure in the PSO2 Tweaker. Most of said settings can also be configured in-game, save for resolution.

But even if the PSO2 settings are set to max, it might not look that super impressive, if you want big AA that is.
And the only way to go beyond the basic settings is with a program like NVIDIA Inspector.

Sizustar
Jan 21, 2016, 12:53 AM
After a long session of unscrewing and verifying and cable managing, I put it bck together and lo and behold ! I probably have a cable stuck in one of the fans now. The PC doesn't boot.
Back to square one, I guess...

For PC problem, and fan profile, you might have better luck on asking dedicated forum such as Tom's hardware, Guru3d or overclock.net

Saffran
Jan 21, 2016, 04:31 AM
Oh, I didn't mean to ask for help here, I was just kind of saying that I couldn't look more into the whole "settings and temperatures" thing.

I fixed the PC itself, it's booting, I still don't have time to do anything though.

Sizustar
Jan 27, 2016, 01:09 PM
Is it me, or is GeForce 361.75 WHQL driver not starting PSO2 and CLOSERS?

pkemr4
Jan 27, 2016, 01:37 PM
its not you, someone on 4chan mentioned the recent nvidia drivers is causing issues

Preposterous Rhino
Jan 27, 2016, 06:35 PM
So I've been absent from this forum/thread for quite some time. Is there anything I should add to the post?

Aldotsk
Jan 28, 2016, 11:05 AM
Sizustar,

Is there a NVidia Inspection settings and RadeonPro's SweetFX setting that you can share if possible? I've been trying to make it similar as yours, and the only thing my setting did was soften the texture and made the skin shading way too dark.

Sizustar
Jan 28, 2016, 11:18 AM
So I've been absent from this forum/thread for quite some time. Is there anything I should add to the post?

Hex editing AO profile?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3315322&postcount=1353

Sizustar
Jan 28, 2016, 12:45 PM
Sizustar,

Is there a NVidia Inspection settings and RadeonPro's SweetFX setting that you can share if possible? I've been trying to make it similar as yours, and the only thing my setting did was soften the texture and made the skin shading way too dark.

I'm using Combined AA setting at 1440P, with a hexed Edted AO setting that is similiar to what Zyr shown a few page back.

SweetFX, I have about 10 setting.
Bloom, HDR, Lumia Sharpen, Technicolor+Lift Gamma Gain
Tonemap, Vibrance, Curves, Sepia and Dither.

You'll have to find your own setting, as it'll probabely not be the same, depending on your version of SweetFX, and monitor setting.

Aldotsk
Jan 28, 2016, 01:09 PM
Mine is set up with Bloom, HDR, LumaSharpen, Cineon DPX, Lift Gamma Gain, Tonemap, Vibrance, Curves and Dither.

Though I did put some values changed in Tonemap.

My SweetFX version is 1.4 since I heard 1.5 doesn't work.

http://i.imgur.com/jqAQE9g.png

Sizustar
Jan 28, 2016, 01:54 PM
Mine is set up with Bloom, HDR, LumaSharpen, Cineon DPX, Lift Gamma Gain, Tonemap, Vibrance, Curves and Dither.

Though I did put some values changed in Tonemap.

My SweetFX version is 1.4 since I heard 1.5 doesn't work.

http://i.imgur.com/jqAQE9g.png

Change your AO and AA bit.

AO use 0x00000034 if you plan to use the hex edited AO bit or use 0x000C000E
AA bit use 0x004110C5

And what each effect does, you can use this to figure out, although outdated, it still give good idea on what each effect does.
https://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/sweetfx-levels/

SweetFX 1.5.1 and 2.0 won't work with PSO2, there is a modded 1.5 RP shared a few post back.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3307772&postcount=1346

Aldotsk
Jan 28, 2016, 02:14 PM
I'll definitely take a look at this. Thanks!

Also, I think that 1.5 RP modded link is down. Is there another mirror for that?

jooozek
Jan 28, 2016, 05:19 PM
i reuploaded it
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=56956513977680384927

lRagna
Jan 28, 2016, 06:53 PM
What did Zyrusticae do??? I didn't find his setting when he achieved something very amazing with the edit to +HBAO...

on the other hand i guess ill wait for graphics lvl 6 because i kinda gave up trying to get some shadows with inspector

Sizustar
Jan 29, 2016, 12:28 AM
What did Zyrusticae do??? I didn't find his setting when he achieved something very amazing with the edit to +HBAO...

on the other hand i guess ill wait for graphics lvl 6 because i kinda gave up trying to get some shadows with inspector

There isn't a setting to download, it involve hex editing specific file to attain effects that changing bit won't, it's not as user friendly, but gives more option.

Kinujou
Jan 30, 2016, 01:30 AM
Maybe I'm a bit lost. I love the way Sizustar has the graphics from the videos but I'm unable to find the settings that are used for it. Can anyone help?

pkemr4
Jan 30, 2016, 04:04 PM
which AA bit is best to use?

im using the 0x004010C5 Bit for AA but its got some blurriness to it ands pretty taxing on my poor gtx 770

also i cant go higher than 8xmsaa or else it does nothing at all and the game looks stock

Crevox
Jan 30, 2016, 04:42 PM
Is SLI bit 0x03402405 better than 0x02400005? I've been using the latter for a while and have great performance.

I've also been using 0x004010C5 for SGSSAA, is there better?

pkemr4
Jan 30, 2016, 04:49 PM
Is SLI bit 0x03402405 better than 0x02400005? I've been using the latter for a while and have great performance.

I've also been using 0x004010C5 for SGSSAA, is there better?

does SLI bit matter if im not using SLI?

Crevox
Jan 30, 2016, 04:54 PM
If you're not using SLI, you don't need it.

I'm just asking for my sake.

pkemr4
Jan 30, 2016, 04:57 PM
oh ok, thanks then. does AA fix need to be on for 4xMSAA and higher? i never got what it did or affected in pso2

Crevox
Jan 30, 2016, 05:31 PM
I have it on and mine works fine. I'm not sure what it does, but that's my current configuration.

pkemr4
Jan 30, 2016, 07:27 PM
is there a differance between 0x004010C5 and 0x004110C5?

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 30, 2016, 08:27 PM
I don't really notice any difference between 4010C5 or 4110C5.

FPS and image quality seem to be the same.

pkemr4
Jan 30, 2016, 08:50 PM
ok so im running 8x MSAA and 4x SGSSAA. and i noticed my character has jaggies and textures have them. but when i set it to 4xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA the jaggies are nearly gone both close and long distance. whats up with that?

Preposterous Rhino
Jan 31, 2016, 02:15 PM
ok so im running 8x MSAA and 4x SGSSAA. and i noticed my character has jaggies and textures have them. but when i set it to 4xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA the jaggies are nearly gone both close and long distance. whats up with that?

SGSSAA takes samples from the MSAA value you set. By having them at different values, it can cause all sorts of issues. IIRC, for some odd reason, using 4xMSAA and 8xSGSSAA produces a sharper image with decent coverage, although not as good as matching values. Then again it could have also been the settings you tried :p. It depends how much you hate the softer image whether or not you want to switch.

pkemr4
Jan 31, 2016, 02:52 PM
SGSSAA takes samples from the MSAA value you set. By having them at different values, it can cause all sorts of issues. IIRC, for some odd reason, using 4xMSAA and 8xSGSSAA produces a sharper image with decent coverage, although not as good as matching values. Then again it could have also been the settings you tried :p. It depends how much you hate the softer image whether or not you want to switch.

i want the perfect balance between sharpness and no blur

rxzlion
Jan 31, 2016, 02:59 PM

Actually I use 8xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA AND to me it looks better then 4xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA.
And quick question I have an Msi GTX 970 gaming and an i7 4770k and I cant seem to run 8xMSAA and 8xSGSSAA on 60 FPS is this normal on pso2?

pkemr4
Jan 31, 2016, 03:27 PM
8xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA looks worse for me in terms of reducing jagged lines and edges compared to 4XMSAA/4xSGSSAA

rxzlion
Jan 31, 2016, 03:40 PM
8xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA looks worse for me in terms of reducing jagged lines and edges compared to 4XMSAA/4xSGSSAA

Interesting it doesn't happen to me can you up a screen shot?

pkemr4
Jan 31, 2016, 09:00 PM
Interesting it doesn't happen to me can you up a screen shot?

after TD3 i can upload some shots

Minty Kitty
Jan 31, 2016, 10:19 PM
I've got a small problem with Nvidia inspector. I've just built a new comp, everything works BEAUTIFULLY. PSO2 runs at 180FPS maxed out at 1920x1080.

I downloaded Nvidia Inspector, went to the PSO2 profile and customized it using Sizustars settings, and applied it. But i see no difference in game, at all.

Is there something im doing wrong?

pkemr4
Jan 31, 2016, 10:36 PM
4xMSAA/4xSGSSAA
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mRnzz/d73824e2e9.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

8xMSAA/4xSGSSAA
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mRnEf/5e2b39f597.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

the AA bit i use is the 004010C5

rxzlion
Jan 31, 2016, 10:46 PM
4xMSAA/4xSGSSAA
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mRnzz/d73824e2e9.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

8xMSAA/4xSGSSAA
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mRnEf/5e2b39f597.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

the AA bit i use is the 004010C5

The 8xMSAA/4xSGSSAA looks better to me and it's less blurry.
Anyway with 8xMSAA/4xSGSSAA I get drops to 40 fps it's not so bad but I want 60 fps so I use 4xMSAA/4xSGSSAA.

pkemr4
Jan 31, 2016, 10:53 PM
The 8xMSAA/4xSGSSAA looks better to me and it's less blurry.
Anyway with 8xMSAA/4xSGSSAA I get drops to 40 fps it's not so bad but I want 60 fps so I use 4xMSAA/4xSGSSAA.

outside of 004110C5 is there any other AA bits out there?

rxzlion
Jan 31, 2016, 10:55 PM
outside of 004110C5 is there any other AA bits out there?

I think I saw some in the thread but 004110C5 is what I see most people are using.

pkemr4
Feb 1, 2016, 12:23 AM
I think I saw some in the thread but 004110C5 is what I see most people are using.

with 8XMSAA/4XSGSSAA i get this werid affect on my tails and its on goldies as well. its like there cell shaded almost or something

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mRtw5/3ed7d99b85.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

rxzlion
Feb 1, 2016, 12:45 AM
with 8XMSAA/4XSGSSAA i get this werid affect on my tails and its on goldies as well. its like there cell shaded almost or something

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mRtw5/3ed7d99b85.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

NowI see it never noticed it before.

Noctus
Feb 1, 2016, 01:45 PM
Can anyone share a profile for the Inspector, please? The one I'm using doesn't seem to show too many differences :/

Sizustar
Feb 1, 2016, 02:23 PM
Can anyone share a profile for the Inspector, please? The one I'm using doesn't seem to show too many differences :/

Lavandy has some,

https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-fullscreen.zip
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-window.zip
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2_nvaa_1507.zip

pkemr4
Feb 1, 2016, 05:33 PM
Lavandy has some,

https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-fullscreen.zip
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-window.zip
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2_nvaa_1507.zip

is there a less framerate killer setting than this, while still being just as clear and good?
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mSltl/cb2e92352f.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

also the block status bars look like they are artifacting or something
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mSlJk/78d543e974.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

this is using the Extreme High Quality setting from the Nvaa Window zip file

Saffran
Feb 1, 2016, 09:34 PM
I would be grateful about more input about temperatures, with and without those settings.
Espescially from people streaming or capturing the game at either 1080p or 1440p (or more).
Do you limit the game at 60fps in the launcher?

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 01:39 PM
is there a less framerate killer setting than this, while still being just as clear and good?
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mSltl/cb2e92352f.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

also the block status bars look like they are artifacting or something
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/mSlJk/78d543e974.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

this is using the Extreme High Quality setting from the Nvaa Window zip file

To keep my framerate high, I have honestly been using Nvidia Driver FXAA and forcing HBAO+. The driver FXAA is leagues beyond in-game AA. Nvidia has improved it a good bit over the years. It's still FXAA with FXAA problems, but it's a 0 fps hit solution that doesn't require fiddling with third party software.

pkemr4
Feb 2, 2016, 02:32 PM
To keep my framerate high, I have honestly been using Nvidia Driver FXAA and forcing HBAO+. The driver FXAA is leagues beyond in-game AA. Nvidia has improved it a good bit over the years. It's still FXAA with FXAA problems, but it's a 0 fps hit solution that doesn't require fiddling with third party software.

i dont bother with HBAO but i dont know very much about FXAA, so how can i use that and with what settings?

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 02:58 PM
i dont bother with HBAO but i dont know very much about FXAA, so how can i use that and with what settings?

Well FXAA is a post-process anti-aliasing technique. It is far from something I would call good, but in recent years good implementations have avoided extensive blurring making it good enough in some cases. In the regular nvidia control panel there is an option to turn it on. http://puu.sh/mTpAI/99b47b9b5b.png. If the AA settings in this thread cause too many performance issues, that's what I'd recommend. Make sure you turn off in-game AA.

Make sure you turn off the AA stuff you tried with inspector too. You should still be forcing 16xAnisotropic Filtering though.

pkemr4
Feb 2, 2016, 03:11 PM
Well FXAA is a post-process anti-aliasing technique. It is far from something I would call good, but in recent years good implementations have avoided extensive blurring making it good enough in some cases. In the regular nvidia control panel there is an option to turn it on. http://puu.sh/mTpAI/99b47b9b5b.png. If the AA settings in this thread cause too many performance issues, that's what I'd recommend. Make sure you turn off in-game AA.

Make sure you turn off the AA stuff you tried with inspector too. You should still be forcing 16xAnisotropic Filtering though.

can you show me your inspector with those settings?

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 03:20 PM
can you show me your inspector with those settings?

Sure, but there is a lot of stuff you can ignore. FXAA doesn't require any AA bits to work since it is post processing. http://puu.sh/mTrlf/750889e5b9.png

The FXAA setting is at the bottom of the Antialiasing section.

If you want HBAO+, you can copy that ambient occlusion compatibility flag and the ambient occlusion settings at the bottom of the image.

The AA flags I have set are irrelevant. They are only there in case I decide I want SGSSAA again.

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 04:02 PM
I would be grateful about more input about temperatures, with and without those settings.
Espescially from people streaming or capturing the game at either 1080p or 1440p (or more).
Do you limit the game at 60fps in the launcher?

The more you tax your card, the higher your temps will be. Everyone's cooling is different so people sharing their temps is useless since the numbers don't actually mean anything for your computer. For example, my card never breaks like 64C under full load. If your cooling is adequate, you shouldn't be able to stress your hardware enough that temps are a problem. That said, if you are on a laptop, I'd refrain from streaming and maxing out your graphics card since they are often sharing a heatsink. I know my laptop gets really hot really quick if both my CPU and GPU usage is max/near max. Limiting the framerate is definitely a good idea if temps are an issue for you.

pkemr4
Feb 2, 2016, 04:36 PM
my lod is at 1.000 for AF, what does that affect anyways?

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 04:47 PM
my lod is at 1.000 for AF, what does that affect anyways?

A positive LOD DECREASES quality. To keep it simple, it adjusts how your game is rendered. A super positive LOD will make your game look like an N64 game (assuming the LOD option even works). A negative LOD increases detail, but also increases aliasing issues and hurts performance. Just keep it at 0. 0 is normal. The only time it should be adjusted is with SGSSAA settings, and even then it isn't necessary.

rxzlion
Feb 2, 2016, 05:18 PM
Something weird.
No matter what i change in sweetFX it wont take effect but it hooks to the game and I can switch it off and on but it's stuck on my first settings I even tried to disable sweetFX it still take effect like it's stuck.

pkemr4
Feb 2, 2016, 05:33 PM
A positive LOD DECREASES quality. To keep it simple, it adjusts how your game is rendered. A super positive LOD will make your game look like an N64 game (assuming the LOD option even works). A negative LOD increases detail, but also increases aliasing issues and hurts performance. Just keep it at 0. 0 is normal. The only time it should be adjusted is with SGSSAA settings, and even then it isn't necessary.

what if im 16x/8xSGSSAA

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 05:48 PM
what if im 16x/8xSGSSAA

Just to clarify, I said 16x anisotropic filtering. If you are asking what'll happen with 16xCSAA + 8xSGSSAA, it should be the same as 8xMSAA. There is a specific sample SGSAA uses that CSAA doesn't modify. 8xSGSSAA will murder performance.

Edt: if your question was about LOD at 8xSGSSAA, you can set it as low as -1.5 without seeing issues. That will further hurt performance though.

Asuka~
Feb 2, 2016, 07:25 PM
How much difference in FPS would it make if I set LOD to just 0? I'm using -1 at the moment.

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 07:40 PM
How much difference in FPS would it make if I set LOD to just 0? I'm using -1 at the moment.

I'm not 100% sure. I'm gonna guess it would effect things by about 5 fps. It really depends on your card.

rxzlion
Feb 2, 2016, 07:43 PM
I'm not 100% sure. I'm gonna guess it would effect things by about 5 fps. It really depends on your card.

I tried to check it but it's so tiny that it's impossible to tell. but then again I have a gtx 970

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 2, 2016, 07:47 PM
I tried to check it but it's so tiny that it's impossible to tell. but then again I have a gtx 970

Yeah it is game dependent too. It all depends on how a game is stressing your card. I know my performance hit in skyrim is about 5 fps all modded and all. PSO2 is far less demanding.

Asuka~
Feb 3, 2016, 02:23 AM
Yeah it is game dependent too. It all depends on how a game is stressing your card. I know my performance hit in skyrim is about 5 fps all modded and all. PSO2 is far less demanding.

Yeah, I've got a GTX 970 myself haha.

Saffran
Feb 3, 2016, 01:50 PM
Preposterous rhino > my problem is the following, my laptop (i7 4710 + 870M) runs the 1080p with low frame counts and gets to like 72-74° (cpu is at 55°) but my rig (4690K with MSI 980 ti x2) goes to 89° in like 2 or 3 minutes. (cpu is at 28°)

PSO2 should NOT be able to get my cards running that high. I mean ok the game runs at like one gazillion fps but really. I'm not even running in 1440p. (I don't have a 4k screen to test it out)

Edit : all hardware tests online say that the 980 ti goes to 83° in gaming mode. Why? It should be unfazed and unimpressed by most things.

pkemr4
Feb 3, 2016, 02:13 PM
Sure, but there is a lot of stuff you can ignore. FXAA doesn't require any AA bits to work since it is post processing. http://puu.sh/mTrlf/750889e5b9.png

The FXAA setting is at the bottom of the Antialiasing section.

If you want HBAO+, you can copy that ambient occlusion compatibility flag and the ambient occlusion settings at the bottom of the image.

The AA flags I have set are irrelevant. They are only there in case I decide I want SGSSAA again.

used your settings and nothing happaned :|

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 3, 2016, 07:38 PM
used your settings and nothing happaned :|

Can you give me a screenshot of your Nvidia Inspector settings?

Preposterous Rhino
Feb 3, 2016, 07:41 PM
Preposterous rhino > my problem is the following, my laptop (i7 4710 + 870M) runs the 1080p with low frame counts and gets to like 72-74° (cpu is at 55°) but my rig (4690K with MSI 980 ti x2) goes to 89° in like 2 or 3 minutes. (cpu is at 28°)

PSO2 should NOT be able to get my cards running that high. I mean ok the game runs at like one gazillion fps but really. I'm not even running in 1440p. (I don't have a 4k screen to test it out)

Edit : all hardware tests online say that the 980 ti goes to 83° in gaming mode. Why? It should be unfazed and unimpressed by most things.

How much room do your cards have to breath? Are both cards around the same temp? Also, how long have you had your cards? Assuming you have proper airflow, it sounds like it's an issue with the cards, although that seems unlikely if both cards are the same temp.

Limiting your framerate will help. There is zero reason to go above your refresh rate in this game.

Saffran
Feb 3, 2016, 09:19 PM
Both cards are set as far apart as I can on a msi Gaming 5.
One card is at 50° or so and the other goes to 89° and by that time I'm pretty much not in the mood to play anymore.
I can cap temp at 72° if I stay in window mode.
I will try and limit to 60 FPS I guess.
(I still think the cards should not go to these temps no matter what)

Aeris
Feb 3, 2016, 11:43 PM
Both cards are set as far apart as I can on a msi Gaming 5.
One card is at 50° or so and the other goes to 89° and by that time I'm pretty much not in the mood to play anymore.
I can cap temp at 72° if I stay in window mode.
I will try and limit to 60 FPS I guess.
(I still think the cards should not go to these temps no matter what)

I wonder what kind of case you're using, 89C is way too hot for a gpu when it should be like in the 60s or 70s under full load.

Squal_FFVIII
Feb 3, 2016, 11:52 PM
I wonder what kind of case you're using, 89C is way too hot for a gpu when it should be like in the 60s or 70s under full load.

He has the "vanilla" 980ti's from Nvidia. He doesn't have an aftermarket one from EVGA, Zotac, Gygabite, etc etc. Those usually come factory OCed and with much better coolers on them.

The ones he has (vanilla cooling blower style) do reach up to 89c. This has been said by reviewers from youtube and professional reviewers.

That said i'm sure his case isn't helping his situation much either. He needs to spend around 120 for a nice one with good airflow and features.

Lastly, this is why I never liked the vanila cooling style from Nvidia. You should always get card from an aftermarket maker like EVGA with a custom cooler on them. They do a much better job at cooling the cards and they are much quieter too. The only "downside" to them is the fact that you do need a good case with good airflow because these type of aftermarket coolers dump the heat inside the case. This means that it can make cpu and ram temps higher but with a good airflow case that's not a problem at all.

fuusen_gum
Feb 4, 2016, 05:26 AM
He has the "vanilla" 980ti's from Nvidia.

he already said that it was from MSI, not some vanilla version, btw GTX 980 Ti tend to have higher temp, around 80-90 is still a safe temperature for 980, you can check it in this link

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-review,9.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2789480/normal-load-temp-msi-gtx-980ti-gaming-version.html

Shoterxx
Feb 4, 2016, 10:14 AM

A properly cooled GTX 590 (not 950) can reach 70s in idle and 98 under maximum load, according to Nvidia themselves. Nowadays high-end GPUs tend to be hotter during normal loads too.

If you want to lower the temperature of your GPU without any visible quality/performance loss, try using Nvidia Inspector and set the Frame Rate Limiter of your Global Driver Profile to 2 fps below your monitor's refresh rate.
That should not only improve the stability and longevity of your system, but actual performance as well, since the overall tower/laptop temperature will decrease.
In my case, it fixed a lot of microstuttering.

Squal_FFVIII
Feb 4, 2016, 01:05 PM
he already said that it was from MSI, not some vanilla version, btw GTX 980 Ti tend to have higher temp, around 80-90 is still a safe temperature for 980, you can check it in this link

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-review,9.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2789480/normal-load-temp-msi-gtx-980ti-gaming-version.html

I could have sworn that he said he had the blower style cooler on them. A few pages back :O

Maybe i'm "trippin'" =P

That said even if they are from MSI they can still be the vanilla reference design ones. They don't have to be ones with a tweaked pcb or a new cooler on them. Infact most of the third party companies do release cards with the default blower style cooler too.

Saffran
Feb 4, 2016, 09:27 PM
I have one regular MSI 980 ti card and one MSI Gaming 980 ti card with Twin Frozr cooling.
Just for the sake of completion.

Again, many tests are saying that these cards do indeed get to higher temperatures when they work in gaming mode, but I can't get my head around it. Nothing justifies the card getting hot from running PSO2 in 1080p. In 4k, yeah, sure, but not in 1080p.

pkemr4
Feb 4, 2016, 09:42 PM
I have one regular MSI 980 ti card and one MSI Gaming 980 ti card with Twin Frozr cooling.
Just for the sake of completion.

Again, many tests are saying that these cards do indeed get to higher temperatures when they work in gaming mode, but I can't get my head around it. Nothing justifies the card getting hot from running PSO2 in 1080p. In 4k, yeah, sure, but not in 1080p.

with the inspector settings, the game becomes pretty GPU heavy and taxing

pkemr4
Feb 11, 2016, 10:34 PM
sorry for the double post but, this is something weird i've been noticing with reflective surfaces. is this just another sega fuck up?

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/n4M1i/e631db5adf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Keilyn
Feb 11, 2016, 11:31 PM
sorry for the double post but, this is something weird i've been noticing with reflective surfaces. is this just another sega fuck up?

[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/n4M1i/e631db5adf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Since we tend to force AA and AF with Inspector Settings, there are bound to be fuck-ups. Try to see if something appears normal first WITHOUT the inspector settings acting on the game. I remember some settings messing things up in the past.

Also, updating drivers resets inspector settings and sometimes a new driver changes the layout on how the card works. Good Luck.

pkemr4
Feb 12, 2016, 01:31 AM
Since we tend to force AA and AF with Inspector Settings, there are bound to be fuck-ups. Try to see if something appears normal first WITHOUT the inspector settings acting on the game. I remember some settings messing things up in the past.

Also, updating drivers resets inspector settings and sometimes a new driver changes the layout on how the card works. Good Luck.

this is what im currently using
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/n4UIN/0f7e59f607.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
is the latest driver still causing problems for pso2?

Edit: i noticed something with AA Fix, with it on or off i can use different MSAA settings that i couldnt use before but i get really werid text artifacting and a strange triangular white line across the screen that can be sometimes noticed on stairs in pso2

lRagna
Feb 12, 2016, 07:44 PM
to get those shadows you need to use SSAO wich sadly the latest nvidia drivers don't use, they changed to +HBAO

pkemr4
Feb 12, 2016, 07:47 PM
another question, when i set inspector to lock fps to 120 how come ingame fraps reads 127 fps? is there something im doing wrong?

Sizustar
Feb 17, 2016, 10:29 AM
GeForce 361.91 WHQL driver still causing trouble for me.

Icefrenzy
Feb 21, 2016, 03:11 PM
GeForce 361.91 WHQL driver still causing trouble for me.

Bump, same issue as above.

pkemr4
Feb 21, 2016, 08:29 PM
DSR is fucked up for me in pso2, i get 120+ fps but the game microsutters to hell and back.

this is going from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440
using a DVI cable

A. Zerran
Feb 21, 2016, 11:02 PM
DSR is fucked up for me in pso2, i get 120+ fps but the game microsutters to hell and back.

this is going from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440
using a DVI cable

Have you tried using an HDMI 1.0 or 2.0 cable? You can also try setting the game via the NVidia Control Panel or NVidia Inspector menu to "Prefer Maximum Performance" under Power management mode. Alternatively, if your monitor supports Adaptive V-Sync, you can try enabling that if you play in fullscreen mode. If you don't, and if you don't have any HDMI cables, then I wouldn't know. It stuttered for me, but not as much since I swapped out my CPU to an i5 4690K. Then again, I rarely use DSR with anything.

pkemr4
Feb 21, 2016, 11:55 PM
Have you tried using an HDMI 1.0 or 2.0 cable? You can also try setting the game via the NVidia Control Panel or NVidia Inspector menu to "Prefer Maximum Performance" under Power management mode. Alternatively, if your monitor supports Adaptive V-Sync, you can try enabling that if you play in fullscreen mode. If you don't, and if you don't have any HDMI cables, then I wouldn't know. It stuttered for me, but not as much since I swapped out my CPU to an i5 4690K. Then again, I rarely use DSR with anything.

using a Benq XL2411Z and playing virtual full screen

A. Zerran
Feb 22, 2016, 12:40 AM
using a Benq XL2411Z and playing virtual full screen
That's a very good monitor. But, the best I can suggest to you is to try using an HDMI cable, and if possible HDMI 2.0. I also suggest the other trick I mentioned. Go to your PSO2 profile on NVidia Inspector, and then scroll down to Power management mode. By default it's set to Adaptive based on the global driver setting. Set that to "Prefer maximum performance". See if that helps you.

A. Zerran
Feb 26, 2016, 02:17 AM
...So, is this topic still alive? If not, is it safe to necro-post?

Asuka~
Feb 26, 2016, 05:07 AM
...So, is this topic still alive? If not, is it safe to necro-post?

Should be fine.

A. Zerran
Feb 26, 2016, 02:00 PM
Should be fine.

Thanks.

So, how's SweetFX still going with the latest updates Sega implemented to PSO2? Gameguard still making it really hard?

Sizustar
Feb 26, 2016, 02:21 PM
Thanks.

So, how's SweetFX still going with the latest updates Sega implemented to PSO2? Gameguard still making it really hard?

Gameguard never really made it hard though, it's more of RadeonPro hooking on or not that's the problem.
And it still works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrrIUbmE34"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrrIUbmE34

A. Zerran
Feb 26, 2016, 05:21 PM
Joy. Looking great as usual, Sizustar.

Stormwalker
Feb 26, 2016, 11:32 PM
Thank you for this guide. I'd used salon pass after salon pass trying to figure out what was wrong with my character, and then I finally realized that it was PSO2's crappy antialiasing that was causing her to look so much different in the world vs. in the salon.

Now I'm antialiasing via nVidia Inspector and not only does my character look like she should, the game world looks much better in the overall.

Alma
Feb 26, 2016, 11:49 PM
Gameguard never really made it hard though, it's more of RadeonPro hooking on or not that's the problem.
And it still works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrrIUbmE34

i see what you did there :wacko:

lRagna
Feb 28, 2016, 11:02 PM
And it still works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nrrIUbmE34

Wait how did you get Matoi's PD costume????

Ark01000
Mar 2, 2016, 07:07 PM
Hello. I don't know if any of you could help me but i recently tried to use sweetfx. Unfortunately after the setup my game just crashes on a blank black screen at the start. I have ran the troubleshooting on the tweeker with no luck Any help would really be appreciated.

A. Zerran
Mar 15, 2016, 12:03 AM
@Ark01000

Which Anti Aliasing setup are you using? Default (though NOT recommended, it's plain awful)? SMAA/FXAA or both via RadeonPro? SGSSAA? MSAA + SSAA? OGSSAA? DSR? VSR (if you are using AMD)? If it's MSAA + SSAA, SSAA, or SMAA/FXAA or both, then try decreasing the LOD Bias depending on how many samples of any of these Anti-Aliasing methods you're using, either via RadonPro or Inspector. 2x = -.5 LOD Bias, 4x = -1.0, and 8x = -1.5. That usually gets rid of the blank black screen problem for me. If it's a SweetFX issue, are you using SweetFX 1.4 with RadeonPro? Otherwise it won't work, or in your case, may cause a blank screen crash of sorts. Can't answer for DSR/VSR, though I find any Nvidia Driver above 347.88 unacceptable and pretty much defective for my GTX 960. But otherwise, yes.

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 24, 2016, 09:08 AM
Hi, I recently started using DSR with this game and I love it.

However, I have a question about using combined AA. Does the Super Sampling AA setting affect my combined AA settings? Or does the game ignore the super sample setting?

My global super sample setting is x4 since I like all of my games to run with SSAAx4.

So basically my setup for most games is MSAAx8 and SSAAx4.

However pso2 is different since I need to use combined anti aliasing setting.