PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia and AMD Anti-Aliasing and SweetFX Guide

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 26, 2016, 02:46 PM
There's a new version of Nvidia Inspector with a bunch of new options : )

Just a heads up ^_^

Manta Oyamada
Mar 26, 2016, 03:20 PM
https://lavendy.net/pso2es/nvidia-inspector-1974/

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2016, 01:24 PM
Hello All,

I attempted to go the route Sizustar does (those crisp graphics though lol)

Assuming I did something wrong as I wasn't able to get toward the end.
Any help would be appreciated

CPU: i7-4790K
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: 8GB
W7

(So i don't flood the thread) lol
[spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/dGtuKCA.png [/spoiler-box]

I couldn't find anythingd directly about it at first until I saw this....

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/xKKYHj3.png[/spoiler-box]

Woot!!! Progress. so I end up inputting the information in same place. The lay out seems a bit different but I suppose it's just a newer version than when the SS was taken.

[spoiler-box]

http://i.imgur.com/6K8lyQ0.png

http://i.imgur.com/aGHmK0P.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ogg1ght.png

[/spoiler-box]

Now that was done. I clicked Apply Changes and went to "add application to current profile" but after select the directory where pso2.exe is I get this....

[spoiler-box] http://i.imgur.com/Omn1aae.png[/spoiler-box]

Detail Message
[spoiler-box]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
nspector.Common.NvapiException: DRS_CreateApplication failed: NVAPI_ERROR
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.AddApplicat ion(IntPtr hSession, IntPtr hProfile, String applicationName)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsService.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.<AddApplication>b__0(IntPtr hSession)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<DrsSession>b__0(IntPtr hSession)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.DrsSession[T](Func`2 action)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsServiceBase.DrsSession( Action`1 action)
at nspector.Common.DrsSettingsService.AddApplication( String profileName, String applicationName)
at nspector.frmDrvSettings.tsbAddApplication_Click(Ob ject sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
nspector
Assembly Version: 2.1.1.1
Win32 Version: 2.1.1.1
CodeBase: file:///E:/Users/Javen/Documents/Nvidia%20Inspector/nvidiaProfileInspector.exe
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34285 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34283 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34283 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[/spoiler-box]

Is there something I'm missing?

That seems to be where my adventure stops unless can figure why I'm getting that error message. [/spoiler-box]

thehondachef
Mar 29, 2016, 02:13 PM
You're not going to be able to get the same look as Sizustar's. Unless something changed, IIRC Sizu uses an older video card that allows use of an older driver that still supports a type of ambient occlusion that's since been removed as an option.

Dark Emerald EXE
Mar 29, 2016, 03:04 PM
You're not going to be able to get the same look as Sizustar's. Unless something changed, IIRC Sizu uses an older video card that allows use of an older driver that still supports a type of ambient occlusion that's since been removed as an option.

Is that so?

Well then...you'd think as things are upgraded things keep up with it but this seems to be one of those times where older gets you better results.....

Thanks Technology lol

AlaskanKactus
Mar 29, 2016, 04:28 PM
So I just jumped back into PSO2 and I had to set all my inspector settings back up. I assume things might have changed since late 2014. What AO compatibility setting should I be using?

Currently I'm rocking my old 327.23 drivers on my GTX660 SC with my compatibility at 0x000C000E. Do I still have to deal with those horrible hair seams? ;_;

Shoterxx
Mar 29, 2016, 04:36 PM
So I just jumped back into PSO2 and I had to set all my inspector settings back up. I assume things might have changed since late 2014. What AO compatibility setting should I be using?

Currently I'm rocking my old 327.23 drivers on my GTX660 SC with my compatibility at 0x000C000E. Do I still have to deal with those horrible hair seams? ;_;

You might be looking for this (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=387114). Not sure how much of it applies to pre-HBAO, but the logic should be the same.

Edit: This should fix seams for that bit, though bleeding might occur.
Copy your C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvd3dum.dll into pso2_bin;
Using a Hex Editor, find the line with DE 80 80 18 00 00 96 18 95 A0 7F 0B 00 00 00 00;
Manualy replace it (make sure you don't insert letters, replace them!) with DE 20 80 18 00 00 96 18 95 A0 7F 0B 00 00 00 00;
Pray it still works.

TsengFayt
Mar 31, 2016, 01:02 AM
Very useful guide. I did this the hard way the first time by manually playing with all the settings. This is WAY easier.

AlaskanKactus
Mar 31, 2016, 09:15 PM
You might be looking for this (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=387114). Not sure how much of it applies to pre-HBAO, but the logic should be the same.

Edit: This should fix seams for that bit, though bleeding might occur.
Copy your C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvd3dum.dll into pso2_bin;
Using a Hex Editor, find the line with DE 80 80 18 00 00 96 18 95 A0 7F 0B 00 00 00 00;
Manualy replace it (make sure you don't insert letters, replace them!) with DE 20 80 18 00 00 96 18 95 A0 7F 0B 00 00 00 00;
Pray it still works.

Thanks for the info but so far I haven't been able to find that line in HxD. I'll keep trying though because I really hate those damn seams lol

Shoterxx
Apr 1, 2016, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the info but so far I haven't been able to find that line in HxD. I'll keep trying though because I really hate those damn seams lol

Well, the flag that you gave me is a mixed flag (is setup for both DX9 and DX10+) and it no longer exists, so that was a guess mostly.

You can however try and create a flag from scratch. Mirror's Edge flag (0x00000002) hasn't been updated since your driver (I think), so you can hopefuly start from there.

Change your flag to the one mentioned above, then find A2 90 00 18 00 00 14 18 90 40 BF 0A 00 00 00 00 and replace it with my current flag setting: 86 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 F2 90 78 0F 00 00 00 00.

These settings might be way too strong for SSAO and even bleed. Change these (the ones underlined) accordingly to suit your taste.

Strength : 00 00 00 0X
Use FP16 Linear-Z (0 = R32F, 1=R16F, so on), don't bother with it : 00 00 00 X0
AO Fog Amount (Values used in Official.Flags: 1,6,8,A,D,E,F) : 00 00 0X 00
Blur Sharpness : 00 00 X0 00
Unused/Unknown : 00 0X 00 00
AO Fog Fade off factor (Distance to Half strength) : 00 X0 00 00
Angle Bias : 0X 00 00 00
Multiplier : X0 00 00 00

Akakomuma
Jul 15, 2016, 05:32 PM
Few questions.

1. Is there a setting where you can achieve Sparse Grid Anti Aliasing without any blur on the HUD?
2. Is there an anti aliasing compatibility setting that works with SSAA?

Preposterous Rhino
Jul 15, 2016, 06:16 PM
Few questions.

1. Is there a setting where you can achieve Sparse Grid Anti Aliasing without any blur on the HUD?
2. Is there an anti aliasing compatibility setting that works with SSAA?

SSAA doesn't work, at least not before the graphics overhaul (but tbh, all they did was add post processing effects, so it should be the same story). It breaks the shadows. I spent many hours trying to find the best AA flag for the game, that was the best I could get. You can't tell it to ignore the HUD, you just have to find a flag that works so well the HUD appears unaffected. The sharpest image quality you can get now is with DSR at 4k (make sure you increase your UI size in the launcher too). If you're monitor is 1080p, I don't recommend using anything less than 4k since the scaling is perfect. Anything lower and the awful downsampling algorithm will actually look worse than native res. You'll need a very strong GPU for 4k according to my testing. Couldn't pull it off on my old 780, but my new 1070 can do it.

Keilyn
Jul 15, 2016, 07:10 PM
SSAA doesn't work, at least not before the graphics overhaul (but tbh, all they did was add post processing effects, so it should be the same story). It breaks the shadows. I spent many hours trying to find the best AA flag for the game, that was the best I could get. You can't tell it to ignore the HUD, you just have to find a flag that works so well the HUD appears unaffected. The sharpest image quality you can get now is with DSR at 4k (make sure you increase your UI size in the launcher too). If you're monitor is 1080p, I don't recommend using anything less than 4k since the scaling is perfect. Anything lower and the awful downsampling algorithm will actually look worse than native res. You'll need a very strong GPU for 4k according to my testing. Couldn't pull it off on my old 780, but my new 1070 can do it.

All the bugs associated with DSR 4K are the reason I bought a true 4K monitor.

However, settings aside....
One of the things that happens a lot is that gamers set DSR and use Anti Aliasing on the Nvidia Inspector. The Smoothness already used on DSR itself stacked with Nvidia Anti Aliasing screws things up the image. Basically Anti-Aliasing + DSR Smoothness destroys detail by overblurring the image itself.

Either run 4K DSR with 0 smoothness but x2 Anti Aliasing Enabled + AA FIX
or run 4K DSR with 25 - 33% Smoothness but 0 Anti Aliasing Enabled.

If you plan on doing the photoshoots that I do on SLI...
I actually run the following settings

Resolution:4K Native
SGSSAAx8 (No TR)
MSAAx8
AFx16
LOD BIAS -1.5
Ambient Occlusion
Anti-Aliasing Fix Enabled
SLI Anti Aliasing Enabled
(Other settings I will not mention)*

*This is here to merely state that the settings list is incomplete and I only included the bare necessities.

If anyone reading this wonders why I wont do MSAAx16 when I can.. its because the image quality will worsen if MSAA and SGSS are taking out of synchronization. The same multiplier must math both settings and Negative LOD BIAS has to be adjusted based on a Mathematical Function.

Done right, all of this will net you a nice 30 frames per second on a 980 GTX SLI.

I am already planning on my next system being Quad SLI. :)

pkemr4
Jul 18, 2016, 08:50 PM
is there any AA bit that gets rid of hairline AA yet?

http://puu.sh/pXnZ8/a016b9b0d3.nip

is what im currently using. with 66% color vibrance from nvidia control panel.

hyjin
Jul 27, 2016, 08:32 PM
My shadows toggle on and off when i attack... uhh how does one fix that

crowbarx5
Aug 22, 2016, 07:12 PM
sweetfx not running for pso2 = Gameguard block it = error np 1013 !

lnvisible
Sep 22, 2016, 10:06 PM
My game was working fine with SGSSAA enabled until tonight when I wound up randomly crashing. When I got back on my shadows were bugged and seemed to be following me around. Anyone know how to get rid of this? http://i.imgur.com/mFEukpl.jpg

Shoterxx
Sep 23, 2016, 04:50 AM
My game was working fine with SGSSAA enabled until tonight when I wound up randomly crashing. When I got back on my shadows were bugged and seemed to be following me around. Anyone know how to get rid of this? http://i.imgur.com/mFEukpl.jpg

Turn Blur off and restart the game.

pkemr4
Oct 4, 2016, 02:50 PM
Allow or Clamp for AF

yugi12301
Oct 27, 2016, 01:09 PM
Can someone give me a profile for nvidia inspector that works for tier 6 graphics please? i used the one on the 1st page for a long time in tier 5 and everything looked gorgeous to me(i just use nvidia inspector profile, that's all)

I switched to tier 6 graphics using the same settings and what is this junk?!

Shoterxx
Oct 27, 2016, 05:16 PM
Use Lavendy's:
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-fullscreen.zip
or windowed mode:
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-window.zip

Note that it's pretty heavy on your GPU at the higher qualities.

yugi12301
Oct 27, 2016, 11:46 PM
thank you so much~~ everything looks even better than the tier 5 now O.O40386

Lumpen Thingy
Nov 12, 2016, 08:48 PM
This might of been answered already but I get weird edges on the left and top of the screen when I play in fullscreen windowed mode when I do AA to the game. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Sizustar
Nov 13, 2016, 04:36 AM
This might of been answered already but I get weird edges on the left and top of the screen when I play in fullscreen windowed mode when I do AA to the game. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Which setting, and a picture of the weird edge?

Lumpen Thingy
Nov 13, 2016, 08:36 PM
Which setting, and a picture of the weird edge?
http://i.imgur.com/62HHrQU.jpg this is my settings and as far as the edges its just a blueish edge on the top and left side so can't screen shot it or anything sadly

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2016, 09:07 PM
This pic is from a different game and has been zoomed 5x, but it has a similar result to PSO2 when forcing AA, except the edge is dark instead of blue (like in PSO2, it's only on the left and the top for this game too).

http://i.imgur.com/NQTJJoe.jpg

As far as I know, there's no way to fix it other than not forcing AA. x-x

Sonichi
Nov 15, 2016, 05:56 PM
This pic is from a different game and has been zoomed 5x, but it has a similar result to PSO2 when forcing AA, except the edge is dark instead of blue (like in PSO2, it's only on the left and the top for this game too).

http://i.imgur.com/NQTJJoe.jpg

As far as I know, there's no way to fix it other than not forcing AA. x-x

From what I gathered, this was a problem with virtual-windowed mode I had. Where pixels would freeze across the rim. Back when I used sweetFX I could make them appear and disappear when toggling FXAA. They would change color based on what was displayed on screen in those places at the time of turning it on.

Squal_FFVIII
Nov 16, 2016, 05:56 PM
I used to get that weird artifact/line when I turned on AA using tier6. Using tier5 everything was perfect.

For me the best solution to jaggies and tier6 is to simply turn on DSR in your nvidia control panel. I use two tick boxes the one that says 1.78(1440p) and the 4.00 (4K).

For PSO2 I run it using 3840/2160 set in the ini file. This runs the game in native 4K then downsamples the image to your 1080p monitor which is what I use.

The result? Beautiful super sampled AA with zero jaggies and zero glitches. This is easily the best way to force AA onto the game. The only downside is that you need a good pc to run it at 60fps and the second side effect is that the hud gets very small and so does the text. This can be reduced a bit by making the hud bigger in the official launcher. I have mine set to the biggest and even then the text is small but not unreadable.

That aside the game looks gorgeous like this. Super crisp and no jaggies. Some of these AA solutions make the image blurry. This doesn't at all.

Crevox
Nov 27, 2016, 04:04 PM
I used to get that weird artifact/line when I turned on AA using tier6. Using tier5 everything was perfect.

For me the best solution to jaggies and tier6 is to simply turn on DSR in your nvidia control panel. I use two tick boxes the one that says 1.78(1440p) and the 4.00 (4K).

For PSO2 I run it using 3840/2160 set in the ini file. This runs the game in native 4K then downsamples the image to your 1080p monitor which is what I use.

The result? Beautiful super sampled AA with zero jaggies and zero glitches. This is easily the best way to force AA onto the game. The only downside is that you need a good pc to run it at 60fps and the second side effect is that the hud gets very small and so does the text. This can be reduced a bit by making the hud bigger in the official launcher. I have mine set to the biggest and even then the text is small but not unreadable.

That aside the game looks gorgeous like this. Super crisp and no jaggies. Some of these AA solutions make the image blurry. This doesn't at all.

In my experience, DSR (or maybe it's 4k?) messes with the game's lighting and shadows. Some characters get a shadow across their face, I think all of the lighting effects/shaders don't scale to 4k all that well.

Use Lavendy's:
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-fullscreen.zip
or windowed mode:
https://lavendy.net/special/pso2/pso2-nvaa-window.zip

Note that it's pretty heavy on your GPU at the higher qualities.

This is awesome, thank you.

Yeah, it introduces some blurring, but it's much less than something like FXAA. DSR just has too many drawbacks. The FPS hit is much larger, the UI gets small, plus the problems I described above. I'm playing the game at 144FPS and with DSR the game is much more rough since it can't hit that target.

Shoterxx
Nov 27, 2016, 05:08 PM
In my experience, DSR (or maybe it's 4k?) messes with the game's lighting and shadows. Some characters get a shadow across their face, I think all of the lighting effects/shaders don't scale to 4k all that well.

Yeah, it introduces some blurring, but it's much less than something like FXAA. DSR just has too many drawbacks. The FPS hit is much larger, the UI gets small, plus the problems I described above. I'm playing the game at 144FPS and with DSR the game is much more rough since it can't hit that target.

Weird. For me, PSO2 scales fine up to 3x 4xDSR (something like 9k, after that it just stops scaling), without any issues. UI scaling is fixable too.

And yeah, 4x DSR is a performance killer, because you process 4x more pixels. In a way (simplified), that means a game that only used 50% GPU load now requires 200%. However, I often get better performance and quality with 4xDSR and 2xMSAA rather than native/8xMSAA. If you use SweetFX or ReShade, DSR with SMAA is often enough, which is even lighter (though I don't like it for PSO2).

Crevox
Nov 27, 2016, 05:36 PM
How are you fixing the UI? Can you override a value in the PSO2 settings file or something?

Furthermore, how are you pushing DSR higher than the default limit? Are you using a native 4k monitor to go to 8k?

Shoterxx
Nov 27, 2016, 07:34 PM
How are you fixing the UI? Can you override a value in the PSO2 settings file or something?

Furthermore, how are you pushing DSR higher than the default limit? Are you using a native 4k monitor to go to 8k?

Hmm, I'll have to retract on my UI scaling solution, I can only make it smaller it seems, not larger.

Just using a custom resolution in NVIDIA Control Panel. You have to set it manually in user.pso2. I don't recommend using it, since custom resolutions don't blur the pixels, resulting in more aliasing. However, I managed to whip up a blur shader for ReShade that does about the same as DSR. The quality, when looked from native resolution, is pretty overkill though.

Here's the image, already downscaled to native resolution (stupid Mediafire won't let me post full resolution, just download it or fullscreen on the viewer link DOESNT WORK EITHER WTH).
[SPOILER-BOX]https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/fb3a/so3thbk832u9mga7g.jpg (https://www.mediafire.com/view/?so3thbk832u9mga)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Keilyn
Nov 28, 2016, 03:06 PM
The specifications behind LCDs and LEDs make it so that the best visual appealing resolution to the highest graphic settings one can muster is best at the native resolution of the display. An operator can attempt to use DSR, but even Nvidia stated that DSR was created for games in which standard AA does not work. I suffered a lot of graphic issues running a 980 GTX SLI in PSO-2 and several other games that eventually I was given as a birthday present a 30-bit 4K Monitor and have never used DSR again.

DSR to me is a consolation prize, a neat trick that works as a selling point with something positive to it.
It actually gives you worse visual quality by forcing to pack in four pixels in the space of 1 pixel (If you go 4K) and then it blurs the image to hide what happens. Its best advantage is to anti-alias games not meant for it, but to give more on-screen room for games that require a lot of HUD space....

Example
[spoiler-box]In MMORPGs like TERA or FF XIV and you will need a lot of HUD space. Especially in TERA where one uses a lot of skills. If you play a class like Mystic, literally the best Mystics have all their skills out in 3 - 4 bars fully mapped and their fingers trained to use them at-will. Now if you play FF XIV, and like me... you are a crafter/gatherer, and white mage... that is a lot of macros and skills... so yeah! A lot of space is needed. Just slight DSR helps prevent your HUD from taking so much of your screen that it becomes unbearable.[/spoiler-box]

If you connect a Kill-A-Watt to an SLI system, along with a temp monitor for your video cards...
You will find that running native 4K uses less system power and runs your video card cooler in the same game than running a 1080P Monitor + DSR 4K.

Shoterxx
Nov 28, 2016, 05:15 PM
Eh... Where do I start...

The specifications behind LCDs and LEDs make it so that the best visual appealing resolution to the highest graphic settings one can muster is best at the native resolution of the display.
Quoting...? [Insert "Eye can only see 30FPS anyway" joke here]

I was given as a birthday present a 30-bit 4K Monitor and have never used DSR again.
Why would you, really? That's about the resolution I run in DSR + 2xMSAA. There's barely any noticeable aliasing at that level (in PSO2), even when I use it zoomed in (meaning its a 1:1 pixel resolution, same as native), and beyond that point, performance degrades significantly. Also, let's not talk about the people who cannot afford to get one, nor have people that can give one.

It actually gives you worse visual quality by forcing to pack in four pixels in the space of 1 pixel (If you go 4K) and then it blurs the image to hide what happens.
That is Super Sampling in a nutshell (4xSSAA for the closest equivalent), which is the best aliasing method (quality wise), period. The difference between it and DSR is the method. SSAA is applied during render and is optimized to do so. DSR is not, since it just takes the final buffer from the card instead.

In MMORPGs like TERA or FF XIV and you will need a lot of HUD space. Especially in TERA where one uses a lot of skills. If you play a class like Mystic, literally the best Mystics have all their skills out in 3 - 4 bars fully mapped and their fingers trained to use them at-will. Now if you play FF XIV, and like me... you are a crafter/gatherer, and white mage... that is a lot of macros and skills... so yeah! A lot of space is needed. Just slight DSR helps prevent your HUD from taking so much of your screen that it becomes unbearable.
That's about one of the worst use cases for DSR. I can see the reason behind it, and sure, if there's no other way. But not just that, low multiplier DSR is actually bad, since it doesn't have enough pixels to do a proper approximation, same with 2x(any)AA, which ends up making the image either blurry, or uneven. I recommend atleast the first power of 2 which is 4x.

If you connect a Kill-A-Watt to an SLI system, along with a temp monitor for your video cards... Has SLI, is worried about power draw and heat. I'm pretty sure that people who can't afford a 4k monitor cannot get a SLI system in the first place. And if you really are worried, get yourself a custom cooling system, efficiency ramps up greatly with better cooling, not just temperatures.

You will find that running native 4K uses less system power and runs your video card cooler in the same game than running a 1080P Monitor + DSR 4K. Obviously, since native just renders a 4k image and DSR renders a 4k image AND downscales it. But I sure never heard of performance comparisons in Celsius. That could be anything from your 1080p monitor being crappier to testing both cases under different times of the day.
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://i.imgflip.com/1ezcly.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Crevox
Nov 29, 2016, 08:38 PM
This isn't normal right? What's causing this?

http://i.imgur.com/A64lUAZ.png

I don't think he's supposed to be so dark. I have weird lighting issues I think.

Keilyn
Nov 30, 2016, 12:05 AM

You mentioned 4XSSAA, did you mean 2xSSAA? I thought:
2x was double the resolution meaning four times the pixels (1x1 vs 2x2)
4x is four times the resolution meaning sixteen times the pixels (1x1 vs 4x4)

Part of your post was incomprehensible and I felt it needed clarity.
"Where is this guy going?" is what I thought to myself as I read the post in its entirety.
Despite of my knowledge and ability...

I always go back to this song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSgYa8YfWk

Shoterxx
Nov 30, 2016, 06:33 AM
This isn't normal right? What's causing this?

http://i.imgur.com/A64lUAZ.png

I don't think he's supposed to be so dark. I have weird lighting issues I think.

Try these fixes, one of them might work:
- Turn blur off, and restart the game;
- Make sure you have all the options related to lightning are on in the graphics menu;
- Use the large address aware fix for the pso2.exe (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?199993-Enable-Large-Address-Aware-(for-64-bit-systems-with-gt-3GBs-of-RAM)), since that fixes all kinds of graphical glitches and crashes;
- Your AA bit setting might not be compatible with your game settings. For example, if you use Lavendy's settings, make sure you use fullscreen on fullscreen and same for windowed/borderless.

You mentioned 4XSSAA, did you mean 2xSSAA? I thought:
2x was double the resolution meaning four times the pixels (1x1 vs 2x2)
4x is four times the resolution meaning sixteen times the pixels (1x1 vs 4x4)

Part of your post was incomprehensible and I felt it needed clarity.
"Where is this guy going?" is what I thought to myself as I read the post in its entirety.
Despite of my knowledge and ability...

No, I meant 4xSSAA.
4x (4k) is 2x width and 2x height, 2x2 -> 4x area (amount of pixels).
2x is √2x width and √2x height, √2x√2 -> 2x area (amount of pixels). That's why 2xAA and DSR is so blurry, since there aren't enough pixels per pixel to do an accurate average.
9x (9k) is 3x3.

For a better explanation on all types of anti-aliasing, check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1rb964/antialiasing_modes_explained/
My point was that DSR is a very viable solution. If done right and setup correctly, its quality may be on par with the highest quality AA possible (for its size), at the expense of performance.

DSR is not anti-aliasing, per se. It's nothing more than a filtered custom resolution. Intel and NVIDIA (and I'm pretty sure AMD/ATI too) also allow one to create higher resolutions for one's screen.
However, a regular monitor will not be able to handle any more pixels than intended. So instead, the image is trimmed down when leaving the GPU, and it does so by reading the first pixel it can find in the coordinate it's looking for. That leaves a gap of information between one pixel and the next unaccounted for, since there are pixels that get "skipped", resulting in nothing more than a waste of performance.
The solution? Instead of picking a single pixel, it reads up the remainder and averages it out, meaning it accounts for all the area that is rendered, and reduces the aliasing from the higher resolution. This is DSR in a nutshell, and is a similar approach to what SSAA (Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing) does.

Still, downsampled 1080p will never be as good as native 4k. However, that is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Also, that does not mean that 4k would never benefit from DSR itself, but the law of diminishing returns applies and you'd have 1/16 of the original 1080p performance for a 16k-ish image. I'd bet that at native 9k, FXAA/SMAA would be, by far, more than enough to remove any aliasing still noticeable to the human eye. As we progress to higher resolution screens, there'll be less need for AA.

Crevox
Nov 30, 2016, 11:21 AM
Try these fixes, one of them might work:
- Turn blur off, and restart the game;
- Make sure you have all the options related to lightning are on in the graphics menu;
- Use the large address aware fix for the pso2.exe (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?199993-Enable-Large-Address-Aware-(for-64-bit-systems-with-gt-3GBs-of-RAM)), since that fixes all kinds of graphical glitches and crashes;
- Your AA bit setting might not be compatible with your game settings. For example, if you use Lavendy's settings, make sure you use fullscreen on fullscreen and same for windowed/borderless.

I'm using the correct AA bit profile (windowed, high quality, advanced) as far as I can tell.

I turned off blur previous to this because I saw flickering shadows, and that fixed that, but never fixed this. The only two options I have off in the display options menu are FXAA and Blur.

I'll try the fix you provided there, hopefully it helps. :| Thanks for the help.

Squal_FFVIII
Dec 2, 2016, 05:18 PM

DSR does not mess with the lighting or shadows at all. Nor does it "blur" the image like someone bellow said lol.

I don't know why you have glitched lighting or shadows that's odd. Are you sure you are running DSR only and not DSR with some forced AA with nvidia inspector?

DSR isn't some "filter" or a "setting" that adds super sampled AA. All DSR does is makes the game run at 1440 or 4K (which ever one you want) then down samples the image to "fit" your 1080p monitor. So if you run the game in 3840/2160 (4k) The image will simply be downsampled to fit your 1080p monitor. This will give you "brute forced" super sampled AAx4.

It wont cause glitches or anything because it's not actually adding any form of conventional AA to the game :)

As far as pso2 is concerned you have a 4K monitor and pso2 believes that it's being ran on a 4K monitor.

DSR is an awesome feature really. I use it in other games too that have lackluster AA settings. For example Resident Evil Revelations, Tomb Raider Anniversary etc etc old games like that.

The only negative effect that DSR has when it comes to PSO2 is that the hud becomes very tiny especially if you leave it at the default setting. That means that text/hud etc etc becomes super hard to read because of how tiny it gets. You can fix it (to an extent) if you launch the official launcher and change the hud/text settings to the biggest size. At 4K downsampled to 1080p even the biggest hud/tex size is small, but to me I can read everything just fine.

That's up to you personally. I can see just fine.

Funny enough...All of the other old games (even older games from like 10 years ago) that I run in 4K with DSR don't have this hud/text scaling issue. The hud in these older games remains big and unchanged lol.

The second issue with DSR is that you need a powerful pc if you wanna run pso2 in 4K because even if it's just "DSR" as far as pso2 and your pc are concerned you now have a 4K monitor.

I have a EVGA SC 980ti that has a nice OC on it a 4790K OCed to 4.6ghz and 16gig HyperX savage 2400mhz ram. I can maintain 60fps 95% of the time. I only drop like 5fps or so when everyone spams fireballs/techs and the bosses spam their fancy powers and there's 12 people all at once. But other than that it runs very well with zero glitches and zero jaggies.

Shoterxx
Dec 2, 2016, 06:09 PM
Downscaling is pretty much blurring, yo.

Keilyn
Dec 3, 2016, 10:45 AM
No, I meant 4xSSAA.
4x (4k) is 2x width and 2x height, 2x2 -> 4x area (amount of pixels).
2x is √2x width and √2x height, √2x√2 -> 2x area (amount of pixels). That's why 2xAA and DSR is so blurry, since there aren't enough pixels per pixel to do an accurate average.
9x (9k) is 3x3.

Thank you for not being an Asshole about your post.
Trust me. Its a compliment from me to you.
I like it when math is used as well in arguments.

At the same time I wrote you that post, I requested the TDS from Nvidia through the UDN for Anti-Aliasing.
I read through the whole sheet (all 381 pages) prior to replying to you.

I also got the TDS for DSR as well.
Read the 41 page changelog.

I am not the typical person who gets all information from Reddit, Steam, Tomshardware, Overclockers, HardOCP or Anandtech. My information comes from development groups I spend my freetime working with, along with official requests from tech developers who are willing and open to giving out information about the internals to their technologies to developers who use their platforms. All you need to get past most of the filth and infestation of commercialized and consumer-grade information is to be a member, partner, or affiliate to one of the tech development groups in at least one major sector to legally have free access to all of this information.

@Squal

My entire group including myself have sworn by our eVGA graphic cards due to the warranty that they are willing to give us on our investment. I run SLI through their video cards and I run a 980 GTX SLI, but the group orders just about everything and tests from different groups. Although at times customer service slows down... In the end when compared against other OEMs/BrandNames.... these cards have failed the least. EVGA also has the best binning ever, which is why your TI works the way it should. :)

Shoterxx
Dec 3, 2016, 01:48 PM
Thank you for not being an Asshole about your post.
Trust me. Its a compliment from me to you.
I like it when math is used as well in arguments.

At the same time I wrote you that post, I requested the TDS from Nvidia through the UDN for Anti-Aliasing.
I read through the whole sheet (all 381 pages) prior to replying to you.

I also got the TDS for DSR as well.
Read the 41 page changelog.

I am not the typical person who gets all information from Reddit, Steam, Tomshardware, Overclockers, HardOCP or Anandtech. My information comes from development groups I spend my freetime working with, along with official requests from tech developers who are willing and open to giving out information about the internals to their technologies to developers who use their platforms. All you need to get past most of the filth and infestation of commercialized and consumer-grade information is to be a member, partner, or affiliate to one of the tech development groups in at least one major sector to legally have free access to all of this information.

@Squal

My entire group including myself have sworn by our eVGA graphic cards due to the warranty that they are willing to give us on our investment. I run SLI through their video cards and I run a 980 GTX SLI, but the group orders just about everything and tests from different groups. Although at times customer service slows down... In the end when compared against other OEMs/BrandNames.... these cards have failed the least. EVGA also has the best binning ever, which is why your TI works the way it should. :)

Eh, I was looking for something fairly understandable and grounded when I posted that link. I don't even use Reddit. Consumer-grade or not, I recommend you to always cross information from multiple places, and always take a supplementary dose of salt with it, specially performance charts *pierces NVIDIA with a sharp gaze*. Though, you'd be surprised to find gems here and there.

And to be honest, I don't like how this circle-sharing system works, not one bit. Leave me out of it.

Also, what the hell, Steam forums for tech stuff? xD

Keilyn
Dec 4, 2016, 07:49 AM
Eh, I was looking for something fairly understandable and grounded when I posted that link. I don't even use Reddit. Consumer-grade or not, I recommend you to always cross information from multiple places, and always take a supplementary dose of salt with it, specially performance charts *pierces NVIDIA with a sharp gaze*. Though, you'd be surprised to find gems here and there.

And to be honest, I don't like how this circle-sharing system works, not one bit. Leave me out of it.

Also, what the hell, Steam forums for tech stuff? xD

Oh how stupid of me!
I should be more clear with you.

TDS = Technical Data Sheet.

I asked for clarification about SSAA, and so the question was about "How does the technology work and operate" and not "What kind of performance does this technology give"

A Technical Data Sheet is a full write up of
"What is the said technology?"
"How does it work and where can it be applied?"
"Understanding the API behind the Technology?"
"What errors exist in this technology and what should be avoided?"
"How has the technology been improved over the years?"

Technical Data Sheets or Technical Manuals do not answer the following question:
"What kind of performance does this technology have against a rival technology of the same class?"
"Who are the OEMs and Partners who use this technology?"
"Where is this technology manufactured and what plans exist for improving it in the future?"

Shoterxx
Dec 4, 2016, 09:07 AM
Oh how stupid of me!
I should be more clear with you.

TDS = Technical Data Sheet.

I asked for clarification about SSAA, and so the question was about "How does the technology work and operate" and not "What kind of performance does this technology give"

A Technical Data Sheet is a full write up of
"What is the said technology?"
"How does it work and where can it be applied?"
"Understanding the API behind the Technology?"
"What errors exist in this technology and what should be avoided?"
"How has the technology been improved over the years?"

Technical Data Sheets or Technical Manuals do not answer the following question:
"What kind of performance does this technology have against a rival technology of the same class?"
"Who are the OEMs and Partners who use this technology?"
"Where is this technology manufactured and what plans exist for improving it in the future?"

I know what a spec sheet is, tyvm. What I meant was, I still remember back when I had access to some older NVIDIA stuff. They felt awfully biased towards that specific technology, sometimes even sounded like an ad, and often made bad comparisons with previous tech, not necessarily against other rivals. Haven't checked again in a long time, but straight up not commendable. Also, the performance is a great aspect of a certain technology, since it greatly changes its applications.

Keilyn
Dec 4, 2016, 11:30 AM
I've never read a Technical Data Sheet that is less than 80 pages on anything out there. They are highly detailed and filled with Technical Language, while Spec Sheets are small, aimed at consumers and overloaded with General Language and advertisements.

PSO-2 example...

Spec Sheet for a force would be describing that a Fo/Te pew pews everything in the game, and you wouldn't write much about its general weaknesses. Rather than talk about Techs, you would talk about elements themselves and their behavior. You would focus on illustrating its power and selling it. So the general player would understand exactly what it is, and how strong it can be for every race out there. The specs listed would be a comparative vs other classes...and would just barely scratch the surface.

A Technical Data Sheet for a Fo/Te would be a manual covering every single combination one can run along with every major attack strategy, viable weapon and their potentials; every unit and their bonuses that would aid the class combination, etc. It would cover a description of every single tech out there, every single customization, every single part of the progression (from level 1 - 75) along with definitions for every single part of the skill tree, and even how to affix everything and where to find everything it needs. It would also cover every single build-type out there, and even an Evolution of the class-combination to present day, so it will have a changelog.

Shoterxx
Dec 4, 2016, 12:43 PM
I call them both spec sheets. People understand it better that way. Then again, I'm not hired to do so.

pkemr4
Dec 4, 2016, 09:47 PM
can anyone explain why in in pso2 i get microstuttering with DSR enabled but in games in like GTAIV it runs silk smooth with DSR?

Shoterxx
Dec 5, 2016, 04:13 AM
can anyone explain why in in pso2 i get microstuttering with DSR enabled but in games in like GTAIV it runs silk smooth with DSR?
Probably CPU spikes. In IV, the CPU load is high, but constant, while in PSO2 it keeps spiking a lot. Atleast that's what happens with me. Using a i5-2500k @ 3.4 Ghz. It might become more noticeable since the frame time increases with DSR on.

pkemr4
Dec 5, 2016, 12:16 PM
im using a FX8350 .-.

Shoterxx
Dec 5, 2016, 04:11 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep, there's your problem. Try replacing it whenever possible. Next gen's i3-7350k and lower-end Zen are looking quite good in terms of performance and value, if you can wait. The i3 seems to have great single core performance (which gaming is mostly about), and is overclockeable. As it stands, your CPU has terrible single core performance, even worse than my laptop's 5200u. Sadly, very few games take advantage of the amount of cores your CPU has, and PSO2 is no exception.

You can "reduce" the stuttering by trying to mess with PSO2's affinity. Set it to just the last 4 cores or something, and try raising priority to high (never real-time!). I have some games that lose plenty of micro-stuttering that way. Reducing model count in-game also helps.

pkemr4
Dec 9, 2016, 03:58 PM
so yea.... just updated nvidia inspector and drivers and when i tried to import my backup .nip i get this nice little error message

Shoterxx
Dec 9, 2016, 04:25 PM
Last NVIDIA Inspector broke a lot of stuff. Recommend you to roll back ASAP.

pkemr4
Dec 9, 2016, 04:28 PM
Last NVIDIA Inspector broke a lot of stuff. Recommend you to roll back ASAP.

link to previous version? i dont know how far back to go

Shoterxx
Dec 9, 2016, 06:03 PM
link to previous version? i dont know how far back to go

1.9.7.6 was working on my laptop IIRC. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html http://www.kbench.com/software/download.php?no=62481&fn=aHR0cDovL2Rvd25sb2FkLmtiZW5jaC5jb20vZmFtaWx5L2t iZW5jaC91dGlsL3N5c3RlbS9udmlkaWFJbnNwZWN0b3IxOTc2L nppcA==

pkemr4
Dec 9, 2016, 06:26 PM
1.9.7.6 was working on my laptop IIRC. http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

uh i tried deleting and replacing the files and it still shows the newest version

Edit: the download link you posted just gives you the newest version anyways regardless had to use the mirror but its semi broken?

Shoterxx
Dec 9, 2016, 09:44 PM
My bad, didn't check the actual zip contents. Here, have a totally safe korean website link, because that's the first one I could find.
http://www.kbench.com/software/download.php?no=62481&fn=aHR0cDovL2Rvd25sb2FkLmtiZW5jaC5jb20vZmFtaWx5L2t iZW5jaC91dGlsL3N5c3RlbS9udmlkaWFJbnNwZWN0b3IxOTc2L nppcA==

Mattykins
Dec 11, 2016, 07:39 AM
Heey, anyone else having trouble with very pixelly light-effects on their screen? Using Lavendy's high quality advanced preset for windowed/VFS with my GTX970.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/pso2/pso2.exe_2016-12-10-05-47-55-833.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Valimer
Dec 16, 2016, 03:40 PM
Hey guys, question about Inspector versions. I'm using 2.12 and the options aren't the same. Will the example in the OP still work for me? Or is there a place where I cans ee the setup for the 2.12 inspector?

emilois
Feb 7, 2017, 09:02 AM
This happens when I'm on SGSSAA x4 and HBAO+

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/cA5CHzh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

How to get rid of it without disabling SGSSAA and HBAO+?

Sizustar
Feb 7, 2017, 09:32 AM
This happens when I'm on SGSSAA x4 and HBAO+

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/cA5CHzh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

How to get rid of it without disabling SGSSAA and HBAO+?

AO Bit editing

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?205228-Nvidia-and-AMD-Anti-Aliasing-and-SweetFX-Guide&p=3315322&viewfull=1#post3315322

emilois
Feb 8, 2017, 07:56 AM
AO Bit editing

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?205228-Nvidia-and-AMD-Anti-Aliasing-and-SweetFX-Guide&p=3315322&viewfull=1#post3315322

It seems the people there gave up already in looking for the right bits

Been experimenting a whole bunch.

I have come to the conclusion that the problem with the este has nothing to do with my settings and everything to do with the fact that the depth map in the este is totally fucked. In other words: blame SEGA. I ain't gonna mess around with that shit no more.

PrimalWolfie
Feb 18, 2017, 08:19 AM
When I hit play through RadeonPro the tweaker comes up but then when I launch the game through tweaker it disappears doesn't rename and nothing else happens. In fact I have to restart my computer to even get tweaker working again. Any ideas?

Sizustar
Feb 18, 2017, 07:33 PM
When I hit play through RadeonPro the tweaker comes up but then when I launch the game through tweaker it disappears doesn't rename and nothing else happens. In fact I have to restart my computer to even get tweaker working again. Any ideas?

You can try Reshade 2, which offers RadeonPro too
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?232533-How-to-ReShade-on-PSO2-News-bumps!

Daveach
Feb 19, 2017, 04:51 AM
Anyone here tried some profiles with a GTX 1060?
Im trying some of the ones you have posted...but it hits really hard my framerate :/

jooozek
Jun 6, 2017, 01:53 PM
i've enabled MSAA and i'm getting a white border around edges of the screen when i play in virtual screen, it goes away when i disable MSAA
the antialising compatibility bits im using are 0x00441041, drivers version 382.33

GrandTickler
Aug 6, 2017, 06:01 PM
are there any settings i could use to improve distant textures? usually this is handled by anisotropic filtering but it seems like this game does everything in its power to force it off.

up close it looks ok but further away like in the red boxes it all looks like a blurry jaggy mess.
would setting a higher custom resulution with nvidia control pannel help this any?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KcxKqTs.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ezodagrom
Aug 6, 2017, 07:42 PM
are there any settings i could use to improve distant textures? usually this is handled by anisotropic filtering but it seems like this game does everything in its power to force it off.

up close it looks ok but further away like in the red boxes it all looks like a blurry jaggy mess.
would setting a higher custom resulution with nvidia control pannel help this any?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/KcxKqTs.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
GTX1060, 16x Anisotropic Filtering, high quality mode, I'm not having that issue, this is how it looks like for me:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/POJbOzn.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Though anisotropic filtering is the only graphics enhancement that I'm using from outside of the game.

chaoko99
Aug 7, 2017, 09:48 AM
You gotta force it from your driver.

GrandTickler
Aug 7, 2017, 06:13 PM
thats weird, were using the same card and settings but it looks better in your screenshot. maybe ill have to turn down some custom settings instead.

edit: looks like i was able to fix it somewhat using 2x native resolution with DSR(which makes a 2715x1527 res in the tweaker), and most settings set to on/max on the nvidia control pannel.
pso2-nvaa-fullscreen is set to Extreme profile
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/K2VNPao.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

if i compare it to your screenshot the differenes are rather odd.. lol. up close theres less jaggy's in my screenshot, but far away your black lines still look better, however white lines look worse again lol.

Momoki
Aug 13, 2017, 07:30 PM
So I'm using AntiAlias compatibility and for some reason, no matter what I choose, it always seems to cause a white line(sometimes changes to blue or red or so depending on area) to appear around the left and top border of the screen, and it really bothers me. However, turning it off makes the lighting look ridiculously high with the color tone correction from in-game.

I'm using a GTX 970 btw, please help.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JafrZQq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ezodagrom
Aug 14, 2017, 05:44 AM
So I'm using AntiAlias compatibility and for some reason, no matter what I choose, it always seems to cause a white line(sometimes changes to blue or red or so depending on area) to appear around the left and top border of the screen, and it really bothers me. However, turning it off makes the lighting look ridiculously high with the color tone correction from in-game.

I'm using a GTX 970 btw, please help.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/JafrZQq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
The lines at the borders are an issue that happens in a few games when forcing AA, in the case of PSO2 it only happens on tier 6.

There's no fix as far as I know, there is a workaround, adding a black line border all around the screen using reshade, but I never used reshade on PSO2, so I can't help with getting it to work without gameguard getting in the way.

Momoki
Aug 14, 2017, 02:47 PM
The lines at the borders are an issue that happens in a few games when forcing AA, in the case of PSO2 it only happens on tier 6.

There's no fix as far as I know, there is a workaround, adding a black line border all around the screen using reshade, but I never used reshade on PSO2, so I can't help with getting it to work without gameguard getting in the way.

I would like to know more about this reshade thing, what exactly does it do?

Shoterxx
Aug 14, 2017, 03:19 PM
I would like to know more about this reshade thing, what exactly does it do?

https://reshade.me/

ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.

Momoki
Aug 15, 2017, 10:49 AM
https://reshade.me/

Thank you, I may try this out sometime in the future.

GrandTickler
Aug 15, 2017, 11:25 AM

i get no white line aslong i dont go over 8xQ [8x Multisampling] using the profile from post: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?205228-Nvidia-and-AMD-Anti-Aliasing-and-SweetFX-Guide&p=2935045&viewfull=1#post2935045 it might work for you too on whichever settings you're on

Ezodagrom
Aug 15, 2017, 02:42 PM
Thank you, I may try this out sometime in the future.
If I'm not mistaken, gameguard gets in the way of using Reshade though.
I think there was a workaround somewhere but since I don't use it with PSO2, I never really looked into it properly.

EDIT: Or maybe it was just the early versions of SweetFX that had problems with gameguard:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?232533-How-to-ReShade-on-PSO2-News-bumps!

Shoterxx
Aug 15, 2017, 03:15 PM
If I'm not mistaken, gameguard gets in the way of using Reshade though.
I think there was a workaround somewhere but since I don't use it with PSO2, I never really looked into it properly.

EDIT: Or maybe it was just the early versions of SweetFX that had problems with gameguard:

The instructions on the thread are kinda old... I need to update this so badly.
There are people reporting that now it doesn't even need workarounds, though I can't confirm that.

Momoki
Aug 16, 2017, 11:09 AM
i get no white line aslong i dont go over 8xQ [8x Multisampling] using the profile from post: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?205228-Nvidia-and-AMD-Anti-Aliasing-and-SweetFX-Guide&p=2935045&viewfull=1#post2935045 it might work for you too on whichever settings you're on

Aaaah, does this work with Virtual Fullscreen? I once tried "fullscreen" settings on virtual but it really messes up the lighting and such.

GrandTickler
Aug 16, 2017, 12:32 PM
Aaaah, does this work with Virtual Fullscreen? I once tried "fullscreen" settings on virtual but it really messes up the lighting and such.

no idea sorry, i only play full screen