PDA

View Full Version : mass extinction event

sabitsuki
Mar 9, 2013, 11:19 PM
So the Chinese community is reporting yet another mass 816 event, and people are theorizing that there's something wrong with the PSV client that's causing numerous unjustified bans. Is anyone in the western community encountering anything close to this? Just wondering.

Shadowth117
Mar 9, 2013, 11:22 PM
So the Chinese community is reporting yet another mass 816 event, and people are theorizing that there's something wrong with the PSV client that's causing numerous unjustified bans. Is anyone in the western community encountering anything close to this? Just wondering.

I'm sure you're aware of the "gold farming" issues that have occurred. And not too long ago, there was a complete Chinese IP block. I'm not saying it was justified, but its not impossible by any means it was an attempt to ban potential RMT sellers.

sabitsuki
Mar 9, 2013, 11:26 PM
I'm sure you're aware of the "gold farming" issues that have occurred. And not too long ago, there was a complete Chinese IP block. I'm not saying it was justified, but its not impossible by any means it was an attempt to ban potential RMT sellers.

Which is why I said "yet another". That IP block was months ago, the RMT price is at all time low due to low demand, and most ships are purged of bots, so the new wave of 816 seems out of the blue, and correlates somewhat with the PSV release. I just want to know if the western community has encountered anything unusual while playing on PSV.

Shadowth117
Mar 9, 2013, 11:30 PM
Which is why I said "yet another". That IP block was months ago, the RMT price is at all time low due to low demand, and most ships are purged of bots, so the new wave of 816 seems out of the blue, and correlates somewhat with the PSV release. I just want to know if the western community has encountered anything unusual while playing on PSV.

Well, in ship 2 at least, there are still "bots" around as far as I can tell although there are less. And I'm not sure if it carried over to everywhere that wasn't Japan, but its not possible for us to buy Arks Cash directly with our foreign credit cards since months ago.

I'm not aware of anything like what you mentioned that has happened so far though.

Alenoir
Mar 10, 2013, 03:40 AM
I know 5 people in my circle, myself included, that have a Vita/have logged in from a Vita to the game at least once. None of us are banned yet.

blace
Mar 10, 2013, 03:54 AM
Same here, I've been playing on my Vita on and off and nothing has happened. It just might be another blanket ban on chinese IP's, due to most of the bots originating from there.

Runia
Mar 10, 2013, 04:46 AM
Someone I know got banned around the same time, and he's not located in China. As far as I know the only possible reason was because he'd freely admit to most people that he doesn't speak japanese- as in sorry for my bad japanese, not as in hey I'm a foreigner breaking the TOS nyeh nyeh. Not sure if that'd be enough to get him reported and banned, or perhaps the mass ban was targeted at more than just chinese IPs.
:(

sabitsuki
Mar 10, 2013, 05:07 AM
Someone I know got banned around the same time, and he's not located in China. As far as I know the only possible reason was because he'd freely admit to most people that he doesn't speak japanese- as in sorry for my bad japanese, not as in hey I'm a foreigner breaking the TOS nyeh nyeh. Not sure if that'd be enough to get him reported and banned, or perhaps the mass ban was targeted at more than just chinese IPs.
:(

did he use VPN of any sort? Did he frequently switch computers?

Runia
Mar 10, 2013, 11:45 AM
did he use VPN of any sort? Did he frequently switch computers?
I don't believe he did. So yeah that sucks.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2013, 01:36 PM
Did he use any third party programs of any kind, for modifying input or third party drivers or etc?

Runia
Mar 10, 2013, 01:53 PM
Well I have no idea what drivers he uses lol. I'll guess point him to this thread if he feels like replying to questions. (but again, to my knowledge, he didn't break the TOS except for not being in japan)

lostinseganet
Mar 10, 2013, 03:17 PM
Dark Falz won?!

supersonix9
Mar 10, 2013, 03:27 PM
I got an error 105 on my patcher yesterday. Currently repatching the game, but man....if that has anything to do with this...

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2013, 03:36 PM
Whoa whoa what this is srs as i to play on it as Giga said what did he use any of that sort.

I might give mine a rest if it's getting outta hand like this.....

sabitsuki
Mar 10, 2013, 04:00 PM
Whoa whoa what this is srs as i to play on it as Giga said what did he use any of that sort.

I might give mine a rest if it's getting outta hand like this.....

I just want to reiterate that if you didn't encounter any problems while playing on PSV then please say so. I just want to either confirm that there is a correlation, or eliminate this hypothesis. A lot of Chinese PSV players are saying that they got 816 because of some faulty antihack mechanism unique to PSV but personally I think that's BS.