PDA

View Full Version : Triple dash macro

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 11:11 PM
Am I allowed to post it here?

A lot of people were wondering how Japanese players do some of the fancy stuff they do in their videos, so I made a triple dash macro for my Razer controller in less than 5 minutes before the servers went down.

I just want to know if it's considered third party program usage or whatever before I post it.

Kraiseson
Mar 12, 2013, 11:14 PM
bro just post it.
If they dont like it they can remove it.
atleast by then i will have it.

GO GO GO

Coatl
Mar 12, 2013, 11:15 PM
^
lol

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 11:20 PM
I just want confirmation from the mods first.

I saw people worshipping the JP videos and it was instantly clear that the players were using macros. So I decided to make one for myself, although I don't use hunter or fighter.

Coatl
Mar 12, 2013, 11:20 PM
I do sorta want it but then my all-class fists will have no purpose and that sort of makes me sad..

Kraiseson
Mar 12, 2013, 11:21 PM
so ur not gonna post it
why didnt u just pm a mod or something
instead of getting people's hopes up

Poubelle
Mar 12, 2013, 11:23 PM
I'll just edit it into the OP. maybe I can shave some time off the macro to make it even faster once the servers go up.

Esofor
Mar 12, 2013, 11:24 PM
bro just post it.
If they dont like it they can remove it.
atleast by then i will have it.

GO GO GO

GOGOGOGOGO

blace
Mar 12, 2013, 11:26 PM
As for the rules and stuff, I remember a mod saying it is a no go. So you'll probably want confirmation from an active mod like Mike, Sayara or Tomeeboy.

EvilMag
Mar 12, 2013, 11:28 PM
I don't know, does gameguard say it's a hacking tool? Then clearly its not.

Coatl
Mar 12, 2013, 11:28 PM
lol gameguard

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 11:31 PM
GAMEGUARD WHY YOU NO COMPLY?

DreamState83
Mar 12, 2013, 11:38 PM
Out of curiosity, how do you do a triple dash the legitimate way (assuming proper latency)? Up until now I've just been doing dashxdash.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 11:41 PM
Out of curiosity, how do you do a triple dash the legitimate way (assuming proper latency)?

This can mostly be done with joy2key and sense most have a Razer saber tooth controller with the extra 6 buttons you can set toggle keys therefore giving you more options to put it simply put there goes you triple jump toggle key.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 12, 2013, 11:41 PM
I dunno that's not exactly a 3rd party program...it would be one thing if you were using a program designed to mess with thing, but a mouse macro using your included mouse software sounds about as harmless as it gets

DreamState83
Mar 12, 2013, 11:46 PM
This can mostly be done with joy2key and sense most have a Razer saber tooth controller with the extra 6 buttons you can set toggle keys therefore giving you more options to put it simply put there goes you triple jump toggle key.

Ah, I have a razer naga epic, so I may play around with it later. I already made a few macros for button smashing when I'm using Over Current and feeling lazy and double dashing, but I've removed them as it felt like it took away from the immersion of fights.

I'm a little confused about when you say "triple jump", though. Is there a link to a video in which triple dashing is used that I could take a look at?

Also, I must apologize as I've only been at this game for about a week. Although I pick up on most concepts fairly quick, there are some burdens of knowledge I haven't fleshed out just yet.

supersonix9
Mar 12, 2013, 11:49 PM
waka waka waka

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 11:51 PM
I dunno that's not exactly a 3rd party program...it would be one thing if you were using a program designed to mess with thing, but a mouse macro using your included mouse software sounds about as harmless as it gets

Exactly the reason why the fuck im trying to figure out what the fuck poul boy is talking about.

Zenobia
Mar 12, 2013, 11:54 PM
Ah, I have a razer naga epic, so I may play around with it later. I already made a few macros for button smashing when I'm using Over Current and feeling lazy and double dashing, but I've removed them as it felt like it took away from the immersion of fights.

I'm a little confused about when you say "triple jump", though. Is there a link to a video in which triple dashing is used that I could take a look at?

Also, I must apologize as I've only been at this game for about a week. Although I pick up on most concepts fairly quick, there are some burdens of knowledge I haven't fleshed out just yet.

Triple dash my bad still stuck on Samus i see but that would be the screw atk now wouldn't it.

Nah don't worry about if you have played a week or not stuff like that i don't look at that being something to hold someone down on so no biggie there.

Sizustar
Mar 13, 2013, 01:45 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to share this macro.
It might violate the third party program section on the short list of bannable offense.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/manner/

『PSO2』のゲームに影響を与えるプログラムの使用
プレイヤーの操作以外によってキャラクターを動作させる行為
行動の自動制御

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 01:49 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to share this macro.
It might violate the third party program section on the short list of bannable offense.

http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/manner/

『PSO2』のゲームに影響を与えるプログラムの使用
プレイヤーの操作以外によってキャラクターを動作させる行為
行動の自動制御

Except it kinda doesn't, anymore than other input modification programs such as joytokey and whatever else do. Macros are commonly used in a number of MMO's. It would be pretty strange to implement an honor rule for this one to use them when its pretty clear they don't care.

Sizustar
Mar 13, 2013, 01:50 AM
Except it kinda doesn't, anymore than other input modification programs such as joytokey and whatever else do. Macros are commonly used in a number of MMO's. It would be pretty strange to implement an honor rule for this one to use them when its pretty clear they don't care.

Better safe then sorry, until a letter or announcement from Sega stating otherwise, the rule state, that no third party program or macro type program, as it is a bannable offense.

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 01:51 AM
Ok, why not just say the process used to triple dash step by step? You don't have to share a macro to explain how the process of triple dashing works. Do that and if someone else wants to work on their own macro then the burden of crossing any ToS lines is on them.

It would not be against the rules, for instance, for me to tell you that to perform a double dash you simply:

dash
wait half a second or so
jump
dash immediately after jumping.

Voila. Not a macro.

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 01:54 AM
Ok, why not just say the process used to triple dash step by step? You don't have to share a macro to explain how the process of triple dashing works. Do that and if someone else wants to work on their own macro then it's on them.

Its been said in a bunch of other threads already.

@Sizustar: No one is saying you have to use it if its posted anyway, but I get your point.

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 01:55 AM
Its been said in a bunch of other threads already.

@Sizustar: No one is saying you have to use it if its posted anyway, but I get your point.

Thanks for the heads up. I've actually been looking through other threads for the process, but can't find it sadly :(

I'd be happy to take a look at it if you have a link?

Edit: Also, as for my previous post, I was really trying to say that you could present it in such a way that it's nothing more than a description instead of a macro. I don't have to give you a macro to tell you you should jump about half a second or less after dashing ;)

jerrykun
Mar 13, 2013, 01:57 AM
Razer macros work with hardware, so it's "legal" yet imba for other players that don't have one. This being said, compared to software macros, if you use those, you deserve to get screwed by Gameguard (since it won't let you).

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I've actually been looking through other threads for the process, but can't find it sadly :(

I'd be happy to take a look at it if you have a link?

Basically:

Dodge, Jump, up or down twice on dpad (because you alternate the weapon), select the weapon, Dodge and then go straight into the next one. So basically you'd be doing two dodges in a row because you switched weapons

For mouse and kb:

Dodge, Jump, Numpad key (still alternating), dodge

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 02:01 AM
Razer macros work with hardware, so it's "legal" yet imba for other players that don't have one. This being said, compared to software macros, if you use those, you deserve to get screwed by Gameguard (since it won't let you).

I actually agree with the imba statement to an extent. I used to be huge in the fighting game scene and nothing made me facepalm more than people who macro'd full combos into a button press. It sort of took the challenge away.

That is also why I've removed all macros from my Naga :o

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 02:02 AM
Basically:

Dodge, Jump, up or down twice on dpad (because you alternate the weapon), select the weapon, Dodge and then go straight into the next one. So basically you'd be doing two dodges in a row because you switched weapons

For mouse and kb:

Dodge, Jump, Numpad key (still alternating), dodge

Oh haha is that all it is? Just resetting the dodge by swapping pallets? When servers go live I'll screw around with it. That doesn't sound hard to replicate at all.

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2013, 02:04 AM
Oh haha is that all it is? Just resetting the dodge by swapping pallets? When servers go live I'll screw around with it. That doesn't sound hard to replicate at all.

Timing can be strange because of latency with weapon switches. If they switch too fast or too slow and you try to continue it, it won't work right. It also has to be done fairly rapidly which being done repeatedly over a long period of time (I'm thinkin' Amduscia TA end hallway) it can get tiresome.

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 02:07 AM
Timing can be strange because of latency with weapon switches. If they switch too fast or too slow and you try to continue it, it won't work right. It also has to be done fairly rapidly which being done repeatedly over a long period of time (I'm thinkin' Amduscia TA end hallway) it can get tiresome.

Couldn't be any worse than learning single-frame infinites in Street fighter where you have 1/60th of a second to connect each hit!

If the macro isn't posted here by the time I fool around with it I'll just whip one together for the lulz. I'll probably end up posting it if for no other reason then it would at least give us equal ground to players who don't have to fight such high latency.

Noc Codez
Mar 13, 2013, 02:08 AM
Sooooo about those servers ?? there late today.. so not like JP to be late..

DreamState83
Mar 13, 2013, 02:09 AM

You've been losing your mind in every thread I see you in! Eat pancakes or something <3

Seraphus
Mar 13, 2013, 02:11 AM

Late? You must have put your clock forward one hour for some stupid reason.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 03:44 AM
Here are some dashing fax anyway:

The fastest method of travel is Rodeo Drive, although obviously not sustainable due to PP.
After that, the fastest way to travel is doing the triple dash with twin dagger step attack after the third dash and sometimes switching into Partisan to use Assault Buster.
After that, the fastest way to travel is knuckle dash using Straight Charge to give yourself a bit of a boost.
After that, the fastest way to travel is triple dash with twin dagger step attack (but without Assault Buster).
After that, the fastest way to travel is knuckle dashing.
After that, the fastest way to travel is triple dash.

So...

Rodeo Drive > Twin Dagger Triple Dash w/ Assault Buster > Knuckle Dashing with Straight Charge > Twin Tagger Triple Dash > Knuckle Dashing > Triple Dash

In other words, Triple Dash isn't automatically better unless you have HU somewhere so that you can use Assault Buster.

~The End~

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2013, 11:48 AM
whaat knuckle dash better than triples??

MetalDude
Mar 13, 2013, 11:58 AM
I remember Zyn confirming that a while back and I've always seen in practice that RD is faster than Knuckle Dashing. What I wasn't aware of was T.Dag Triple Dashing. AB usage isn't particularly new although I didn't think of combining the two.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2013, 12:05 PM
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20056845

lexstarshok
Jun 1, 2013, 01:34 PM
DAMN!!! looking everywhere for a macro -_- my hands are getting tired lol

gigawuts
Jun 1, 2013, 02:51 PM
Just make one using trial and error with the timing. You know, like how everyone else does.

Z-0
Jun 1, 2013, 02:53 PM
Most people don't use a macro, actually.

They put their weapon switches on 1-0 (above the keys) instead of on the number pad.

Zebacs
Jan 3, 2014, 05:15 AM
How do you exactly map the extra 6 key of the sabertooth controller? My Joy2key does not detect them :(

TaigaUC
Jan 3, 2014, 12:32 PM
I made a macro a while ago, but it runs like shit on my crap latency.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I prefer to do it manually, get more control that way.

More than that though, I'd prefer if the game didn't need this weird-ass semi-exploitational multi-step dash nonsense.

Inazuma
Jan 4, 2014, 04:41 AM
How do you exactly map the extra 6 key of the sabertooth controller? My Joy2key does not detect them :(

The Sabertooth doesn't have any more buttons than a standard Xbox 360 controller. The extra buttons merely give you the option to use them as duplicates of other buttons. For example, instead of pushing in the left analog stick, you can press one of the extra shoulder buttons and it will do the same thing.

So while it doesn't actually give you more buttons, thanks to superior button placement, you pretty much end up with more usable buttons. I never push down any analog sticks, nor use the Back/Start buttons because they are all duplicated in places where I can easily reach and use them.

Kikikiki
Jan 4, 2014, 07:38 AM
While bother doing it if you can just macro it to make the game easier - it's not like everyone has an autistic mindset, they actually wants to enjoy the game rather than saving 30 seconds for literally nothing but self satisfaction.

I'd like a system like GTA where there's a separate system for running and sprinting. Yeah, ARKs sure as hell can sprint. Look at those trailers. SEGA is just a bunch of lazy asses and doesn't want to implement that. I'm not a programming expert, but that probably won't require a whole game to be re-coded.

Heck, when I first played this game, I actually thought that it'd exist since day 1.

milranduil
Jan 4, 2014, 07:43 AM
While bother doing it if you can just macro it to make the game easier - it's not like everyone has an autistic mindset, they actually wants to enjoy the game rather than saving 30 seconds for literally nothing but self satisfaction.

I'd like a system like GTA where there's a separate system for running and sprinting. Yeah, ARKs sure as hell can sprint. Look at those trailers. SEGA is just a bunch of lazy asses and doesn't want to implement that. I'm not a programming expert, but that probably won't require a whole game to be re-coded.

Heck, when I first played this game, I actually thought that it'd exist since day 1.

You have the most boring posts you know? Same attacking mindset of a child who doesn't know what to do with themselves. That being said, once someone takes the time to learn the temporal combination that suits them, manually quad dashing is actually much easier and better. It allows you to adapt to lag/latency spikes that randomly occur which a macro cannot handle. If you are lazy, you can also just triple dash with LA cancel and no weapon switching which really is incredibly easy.

Kikikiki
Jan 4, 2014, 07:47 AM
You have the most boring posts you know? Same attacking mindset of a child who doesn't know what to do with themselves. That being said, once someone takes the time to learn the temporal combination that suits them, manually quad dashing is actually much easier and better. It allows you to adapt to lag/latency spikes that randomly occur which a macro cannot handle. If you are lazy, you can also just triple dash with LA cancel and no weapon switching which really is incredibly easy.

If it's that boring, why are you bothering to quote and reply to it with such enthusiasm? Can't you just leave it alone? Aren't you pretty boring yourself?

But of course I will stop here since bothering with these kinds of Internet Exploiters isn't going to help me grow on anything.

jooozek
Jan 4, 2014, 07:49 AM
yeah, all that exploiting hurpdurpdash should be removed from the game since it adds nothing but also causes stuttering from the constant model swapping/hdd reading

TaigaUC
Jan 4, 2014, 08:08 AM
This "weird-ass semi-exploitational multi-step dash" keeps the game interesting. Running is boring as fuck-- and there's way too much of that in this game.

That's another major problem. Too much damn running.
But players shouldn't have to get carpal tunnel to move faster or make traveling more interesting.
Yes, constantly doing it hurts my hand. My friend complains that it hurts his hand too.

I mean, it's obviously not intended. Look at the rest of the game design. The most they can come up with is damage modifiers.
There's no way SEGA intentionally designed step dashing that way.
They just left it in because it requires some skill and a lot of people use it now.

moeri
Jan 4, 2014, 08:56 AM
I have to admit I thought macros were a good idea at first, especially since I am a Fo/Te, and would need to work extra hard because no step attack. Though, my latency is really bad, and made weapon switching and LA step completely useless most of the time

Personally I am just going to run normally though. That quad dashing looks way to dangerous for the hands. Really it should be replaced with some other type of transportation, that is just plain better and doesn;t require damaging my hands.

SakoHaruo
Jan 4, 2014, 11:21 AM
That quad dashing looks way to dangerous for the hands.

this line.... :lol:

no one @ psow play fighting games or fast paced action games. both will put much more stress on your hands than PSO2.

Zebacs
Jan 4, 2014, 12:07 PM
The Sabertooth doesn't have any more buttons than a standard Xbox 360 controller. The extra buttons merely give you the option to use them as duplicates of other buttons. For example, instead of pushing in the left analog stick, you can press one of the extra shoulder buttons and it will do the same thing.

So while it doesn't actually give you more buttons, thanks to superior button placement, you pretty much end up with more usable buttons. I never push down any analog sticks, nor use the Back/Start buttons because they are all duplicated in places where I can easily reach and use them.
Ah right, thanks, i just hoped that maybe there is some way to make them into an actual button rather than a duplicate cause that would be nice... *sigh* dammit...

~Aya~
Jan 4, 2014, 12:53 PM
Triple/quad/octo are extremely easy to pull off with third party program that allows you to re-map your buttons. I use KB/controller and it is very easy with controller.

The strain is not there if you map buttons correctly and comfortably to the way you hold or use your controller. I may take time to give an example when I have it. Standard psx2/xbox360 controller.

moeri
Jan 4, 2014, 12:57 PM
this line.... :lol:

no one @ psow play fighting games or fast paced action games. both will put much more stress on your hands than PSO2.

Yes but generally those games are designed a bit differently, namely with such actions in mind. The problem with pso2 dashing is that you repeat the exact same pattern multiple times over long durations consistently.

In a decent fighting or action game you need to shift and change patterns. I am worried about repetitive stress injury, and dashing is very repetitive.

shagia
Jan 4, 2014, 12:57 PM
do people triple dash for the sake of triple dashing (and leaving your partymates in the dust while affecting their game performance while in their radius) or is there actually a reason behind it besides time attack and grinding EQs

┻┳|・ω・)

~Aya~
Jan 4, 2014, 01:01 PM
do people triple dash for the sake of triple dashing (and leaving your partymates in the dust while affecting their game performance while in their radius) or is there actually a reason behind it besides time attack and grinding EQs

┻┳|・ω・)

Interrupt rankings/boss rushing, getting to time sensitive objectives faster such as crystal ec. Sometimes people who are either impatient or just like the thrill of moving fast into their enemies to attack them feels better. I like to keep my hands busy the entire time I am playing or else I get distracted.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 4, 2014, 01:07 PM
I just have a dash setup macro'd

All I can do is multi-step anyway
other whatever that one weapon step spam is called

shagia
Jan 4, 2014, 01:09 PM
I just have a dash setup macro'd

I was actually wondering how you managed to get super far from me during that time you helped me finish babby's first Hard TACO and now I finally know :x

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 4, 2014, 01:10 PM
no I was TD dashing there

Step Macros for Human, she can't step attack

shagia
Jan 4, 2014, 01:15 PM
I definitely knew that

pkemr4
Jan 4, 2014, 04:17 PM
with a laptop it was really easy for me to Double dash. but since i play on a desktop pc its hard to get the timing for jump and dash right :/

cheatpso
Jan 4, 2014, 05:41 PM
is there any videos to prove this?

Sienna
Jan 4, 2014, 05:50 PM
Do it yourself, you don't need to be spoonfed

Mejinomaru
Mar 27, 2014, 11:21 AM
could you share your macro with me Im doing some research to see if manual is better and I just got into macros could you share it with me in a pm?