PDA

View Full Version : butterfly dance?

Blundy
Mar 13, 2013, 09:04 PM
does this weather effect actually exist?!

spent about two hours running around floating freefield and no dice, just got rained on.

am i just getting unlucky with this white day client order?

thanks.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2013, 09:09 PM
It's all random. When I first got the CO for the butterflies off emerain it took me about 3 days of solid FC gameplay to actually find it. Meanwhile, some weather stuff was already in effect when I piped down just to look for it.

Terrence
Mar 14, 2013, 01:08 PM
99% of the time, there are butterflies after a long rain on Floating Continent. (Works VERY OFTEN during White Chocolate EQ...)

Blundy
Mar 14, 2013, 06:44 PM
that may just be the case, was doing the eq and randomly got it while fighting some boss, didnt actually see any around but i completed it so i'm happy.

Nikoshae
Mar 24, 2013, 05:26 PM
I've spent the past 6 hours doing Floating Continent over and over again searching for the butterflies. Is it really randomized? Is there no trigger? I didn't get any butterflies after rainstorms, so I'm kind of skeptical of that now lol...

Bellion
Mar 24, 2013, 05:29 PM
It's random. Try running AQs for them if you can. They seem to be common in the FC AQ.

Nikoshae
Mar 24, 2013, 05:30 PM
So, not free field ...?

I'll give it a shot.

Alisha
Mar 24, 2013, 06:03 PM
i got it all the time in white day EQ

-Yue-
Mar 24, 2013, 08:14 PM
If you need, i think in Emergency quests are more easy to find, and also after the rain.. just need wait a little. Good luck!

gigawuts
Mar 24, 2013, 08:15 PM
So, not free field ...?

I'll give it a shot.

Well it seems weather is tied to PSE somehow (I don't know much about this sort of thing), and AQ's are PSE crazy.

Alisha
Mar 24, 2013, 10:00 PM
i still havent encountered black dust lol

Nikoshae
Mar 25, 2013, 11:02 AM
If you need, i think in Emergency quests are more easy to find, and also after the rain.. just need wait a little. Good luck!

Yeah, I spent a lot of time looking for it, and no White Day EQ during my playtime, either.

I usually get busy during the week, but have Saturdays and Sundays to play. Even then, minimally. So it's been hard for me to catch the EQ ... I've done it a grand total of once this entire holiday ... season?

Anywho, I've also waited until after it rains, but no luck yet. So I've just been blitzing through the first mission of FC for experience, possible Rappy spawns (still looking for them, now as Fighter!), and hoping for the off chance of getting the butterflies for both Amelin's quest and the White Day quest so I can do Quartz Dragon for the drop.

I want the Rappy cannon! I got one from Valentine's Day, too. I won't use it, but it's the principle of the matter.

Actually, I really just want the exp lol...

Thanks for the luck and well wishes, folks :)

Babbit55
Mar 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
all I did was get somewhere relativity safe then AFK, feed the baby, watched some TV, came back and i had it.

Nikoshae
Mar 25, 2013, 11:07 AM
all I did was get somewhere relativity safe then AFK, feed the baby, watched some TV, came back and i had it.

...that's brilliant. Any advice on a particular spot, or just happenstance? I mean, I was just going along the mission themselves in the hope of happening upon it, and netting experience and such, but it's felt more like a chore than actual enjoyable gameplay.

I did get a couple of levels for Hunter and one more for Fighter throughout yesterday, though... Not exactly a waste of time, in my opinion.

Babbit55
Mar 25, 2013, 11:08 AM
Happenstance, I found a nice spot high up where enemies couldn't get

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2013, 12:12 PM
I don't think you can get it if you're all alone in the area, though. Join a semi-populated block that's running FC maps if you're going to AFK.

I got it by standing on some block structure watching a couple people run by in a boss rush. Quartz showed up on the field and I helped take it out, but then went back to my perch.

Mikessc88
Mar 25, 2013, 06:11 PM
I've spent the past 6 hours doing Floating Continent over and over again searching for the butterflies. Is it really randomized? Is there no trigger? I didn't get any butterflies after rainstorms, so I'm kind of skeptical of that now lol...

Still looking Nikoshae....? I ran FC a few times with no luck as well. Saw lots of rain though, no Butterflies :_:

Nikoshae
Mar 25, 2013, 07:19 PM
Yep, still looking :<

Nikoshae
Mar 25, 2013, 10:03 PM
blerg sat through a three hour rain in the hopes of butterflies after ... nada :<

Kondibon
Mar 25, 2013, 10:32 PM
Based on my experience waiting around in one map isn't the best way to get them and I've had the butterfly dance show up without rain. I think it would be best to just repeatedly do skylands maps, until it happens instead of trying to wait for it.

w31216kps
Mar 25, 2013, 11:47 PM
I'm not fond of those weather COs. That particular one, I think I did it during an EQ as well.

Nikoshae
Mar 26, 2013, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I just AFK'ed in a FC map overnight. I didn't get Butterfly Dance. Bloody hell :(

Rien
Mar 26, 2013, 06:51 AM
You can't afk in a map and get it.

You have to constantly change nodes aka keep moving.

Nikoshae
Mar 26, 2013, 07:01 AM
lol I've been told both AFK in a multiparty map, go do chain maps ... either way I haven't gotten it, and I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't get it =p

Maronji
Mar 26, 2013, 07:24 AM
You can't afk in a map and get it.

You have to constantly change nodes aka keep moving.

I think this is the most solid theory so far.

I was running around in a single node earlier (picking up drops after a fight, no PSE, E-Trial, or anything, and it was a good ten seconds or so after the last mob died), and my weather changed with almost no interaction other than picking up drops on my part.

Also, sorry OP, but I managed to get it today (after some struggling with it, anyway; took me well over two hours of jumping through instances and blocks, not to mention a couple buckets of patience). Sounds like the RNG is trying to pick a fight with you (wish I could smack that stupid thing across the head with a stun rod or something). I wish you luck in your future attempts.

Nikoshae
Mar 26, 2013, 08:24 AM
Unfortunately the event ends today, so I won't be worrying about it too much more ... but that's the way it goes lol. I had little playtime during the event, and when I could play I wasn't really vying for that. I tried both AFK'ing, running around different instances, clearing, etc, and had no luck. But it's okay. There's always next time.