PDA

View Full Version : Force Question

Konan
Mar 14, 2013, 09:52 AM
Ok so is there a easy way to kill the Vol Opt Ver 2 or what? I can take out his first form no problem but his second form I cant seem to do enough damage to him since he is immune to Zonde and has resistance against Foie, my Barta only does 250 to him. There a better spell to use? or there a way for a force to hit all of his body parts?

Link1275
Mar 14, 2013, 01:16 PM
Ok so is there a easy way to kill the Vol Opt Ver 2 or what? I can take out his first form no problem but his second form I cant seem to do enough damage to him since he is immune to Zonde and has resistance against Foie, my Barta only does 250 to him. There a better spell to use? or there a way for a force to hit all of his body parts?
Upgrade your Barta spells.

Dongra
Mar 14, 2013, 04:16 PM
Melee damage.

Konan
Mar 15, 2013, 08:58 AM
My spells cant go any higher then level 30

Caledonia
Mar 15, 2013, 09:14 AM
I've yet to get this far, but -amplifier of blue/barta/gibarta/rabarta? Zellen/Jellen? Any weapon that boosts ice type spells as well I'd guess

Link1275
Mar 15, 2013, 12:48 PM
If you're spells are maxed out you can keep leveling by running through the entire area again instead of piping back to right before Vol. You might also try what Dongra said and use some melee weapons, as those seem to have a greater effect on Vol(I also recall hearing a glitch where Vol takes more damage from techs if your ATP is higher).

Dongra
Mar 15, 2013, 03:02 PM
I've yet to get this far, but -amplifier of blue/barta/gibarta/rabarta? Zellen/Jellen? Any weapon that boosts ice type spells as well I'd guess
Vol Opt cannot be jellen and zalured and to my knowledge isn't effected by technique boosts from weapons.

l(I also recall hearing a glitch where Vol takes more damage from techs if your ATP is higher).
This only applies to the first form of Vol Opt.

Konan
Mar 15, 2013, 04:37 PM
Well I did try melee damage and I did 0 points even on a hard attack with Shifta on me ( obviously I mean im a force ) only thing I can do is get more MST then?

Dongra
Mar 15, 2013, 06:56 PM
What version are you playing? What class in particular are you using? What equipment are you using? What level are you? More information would be helpful.

T0m
Mar 16, 2013, 03:11 AM
IF you want to go the ATP/ Melee route, take an ATP boosting Mag with you, and switch out your Force Mag when Vol Opt changes forms. Even as a Force you don't need a ton of ATP and ATA to make good use of a slicer against Vol Opt's second form. (Obviously, a slicer with a Hit bonus does help.)

Konan
Mar 16, 2013, 10:12 AM
atm im using a Guard Wave with 3 God/HP and a God body, a Secret Gear, a level 200 mag with 140 + MST and a Summit Moon + 9. Also the only Level 200 Mag with 140+ ATP is on another character so I dont want to switch it over, im working on another ATP one and a Dex mag but that is going slow so.

Link1275
Mar 16, 2013, 11:46 AM
atm im using a Guard Wave with 3 God/HP and a God body, a Secret Gear, a level 200 mag with 140 + MST and a Summit Moon + 9. Also the only Level 200 Mag with 140+ ATP is on another character so I dont want to switch it over, im working on another ATP one and a Dex mag but that is going slow so.
Which force class are you playing as? I'm guessing a FOnewearl.

Konan
Mar 16, 2013, 02:18 PM
Which force class are you playing as? I'm guessing a FOnewearl.

Yes, why?

Dongra
Mar 16, 2013, 02:32 PM
It explains the 0 damage you dealt with melee. What level is your character?

Link1275
Mar 16, 2013, 03:24 PM
It explains the 0 damage you dealt with melee. What level is your character?
It also helps me think of equipment to suggest.

Edit: I've gone through every rare force weapon looking for which ones are the most useful in this situation.
Mace of Adaman (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=78&sortby=class), Summit Moon (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=186&sortby=class), Mahu(TP Regen if necessary/possible) (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=276&sortby=class), Guardianna (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=457&sortby=class), and Hildeblue's Cane (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=423&sortby=class).

Dongra
Mar 16, 2013, 04:36 PM
Again, I may be wrong about this, but I think Vol Opt is immune to the bonus damage gained from those weapons. Hopefully I am wrong, and if so, you should do all you can to boost your tech damage. Use only mind and HP materials, a max mind mag, maybe God/minds if you can spare the slot space, and look for a way to make a barta merge to go along with a summit moon or Adaman. However, if this doesn't work you'll have to go the melee route which is what Fonewearl is weakest with. In this case you'll want a mag that can max out your atp and boost ata with whatever levels are leftover, God/battle, God/arms, God/HP if you can spare the space, the best defensive four slot armor and most defensive shield you have, and a max grind Red Saber ideally with machine and hit%. If you have access to Gallon's shop you can use any photon drops you have to boost machine on the saber though that is usually not an option for most Gamecube players. At the very least this set up will get you through form one faster when you gizonde stun the screens and hopefully in form two you can deal more damage with the saber than you are with barta.

Link1275
Mar 16, 2013, 05:54 PM
Again, I may be wrong about this, but I think Vol Opt is immune to the bonus damage gained from those weapons. Hopefully I am wrong, and if so, you should do all you can to boost your tech damage. Use only mind and HP materials, a max mind mag, maybe God/minds if you can spare the slot space, and look for a way to make a barta merge to go along with a summit moon or Adaman. However, if this doesn't work you'll have to go the melee route which is what Fonewearl is weakest with. In this case you'll want a mag that can max out your atp and boost ata with whatever levels are leftover, God/battle, God/arms, God/HP if you can spare the space, the best defensive four slot armor and most defensive shield you have, and a max grind Red Saber ideally with machine and hit%. If you have access to Gallon's shop you can use any photon drops you have to boost machine on the saber though that is usually not an option for most Gamecube players. At the very least this set up will get you through form one faster when you gizonde stun the screens and hopefully in form two you can deal more damage with the saber than you are with barta.
The boost from those weapons boosts the techs themselves. Doesn't it? And regardless, Guardianna (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=457&sortby=class) has a special that might be useful.

Dongra
Mar 16, 2013, 11:01 PM
Well he's going to have to test that out because I'm really not sure. I don't really recommend card weapons for attacking anything outside of dubswitches and maybe airborne bosses.

Link1275
Mar 17, 2013, 01:48 PM
Well he's going to have to test that out because I'm really not sure. I don't really recommend card weapons for attacking anything outside of dubswitches and maybe airborne bosses.
I was only suggesting it for the special really.

Dongra
Mar 17, 2013, 04:11 PM
Oh, I know, but given Fonewearl's lackluster attack power, I don't think she will be able to take advantage of Guardianna's spirit special.

Konan
Mar 17, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hiya back, well ill try those weapons and you are right the bonuses for spells DO NOT worko n Vol Opt Ver 2, I removed my Summit Moon and it still did the same damage. Only Item I can think of trying now is the card which I dont have any of, or the Red Slicer which my friend has.
Also I will try the ATP on original Vol Opt :3

Dongra
Mar 17, 2013, 06:18 PM
Fonewearl cannot equip Red Slicer, the atp requirement is out of her reach. The strongest melee weapon she can equip is Red Saber.

Konan
Mar 18, 2013, 08:55 AM
I remember playing my friends force that used the Red Slicer, may have been FOmarl but a really short one. Anyway all those weapons did 0 dmg ( except for the Summit Moon which did 9 dmg at most ) I learned that Grantz can also damage him but with its level only at 22 compared to level 30 Barta it doesnt do more, ( Grantz does 242 and Barta Does 256 ) Never tried Megid but since he is a boss I can take a a guess and say it wont work on him.

Also more ATP can boost spells when fighting original Vol Opt, its not a mile high difference but it does help.

Link1275
Mar 18, 2013, 11:37 AM
I remember playing my friends force that used the Red Slicer, may have been FOmarl but a really short one. Anyway all those weapons did 0 dmg ( except for the Summit Moon which did 9 dmg at most ) I learned that Grantz can also damage him but with its level only at 22 compared to level 30 Barta it doesnt do more, ( Grantz does 242 and Barta Does 256 ) Never tried Megid but since he is a boss I can take a a guess and say it wont work on him.

Also more ATP can boost spells when fighting original Vol Opt, its not a mile high difference but it does help.
You might want to work on your grants level. You could also try using some tactics to increase how long you can survive(eg, bring a lot of scape dolls).

Konan
Mar 18, 2013, 12:10 PM
I can kill the Vol Opt Ver 2 I just want a fast way to kill him because his damn laser screws me every time and he uses it 12 times in a damn row -_- ( im not kidding he does ) My Grantz atm is level 22 if I didnt say so already and the only place on the top of my head that I can think a level 25 or 30 grantz would drop is Central Control Area or Seabed which I havent been to Episode 2 in Ult yet.

Guess ill grind 130 or 140 then ill go there.

Link1275
Mar 18, 2013, 12:33 PM
I can kill the Vol Opt Ver 2 I just want a fast way to kill him because his damn laser screws me every time and he uses it 12 times in a damn row -_- ( im not kidding he does ) My Grantz atm is level 22 if I didnt say so already and the only place on the top of my head that I can think a level 25 or 30 grantz would drop is Central Control Area or Seabed which I havent been to Episode 2 in Ult yet.

Guess ill grind 130 or 140 then ill go there.
You're only around level 120? Also if you're going to go to Ep 2, keep an eye out for these as they will help you immensely: Aura Field (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=566&sortby=name) Brightness Circle (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=232&sortby=name)

Konan
Mar 18, 2013, 06:20 PM
Actually I just got 126, and yeah my friend says those are great to have.
I tried farming for those once but no luck, maybe ill find em this time ^^;