PDA

View Full Version : Would you say getting PSP2I is worth it?

ArataWata
Mar 14, 2013, 06:54 PM
I'm wondering if it would be worth picking up a copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity?

I'd like to play it for the new race, missions, etc and as well for the online.

How tricky is it to get online on a EU PSP? Would I be able to transfer my save?

Teach me! Oh wise ones!

Ame
Mar 14, 2013, 07:10 PM
I'm wondering if it would be worth picking up a copy of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity?

I'd like to play it for the new race, missions, etc and as well for the online.

How tricky is it to get online on a EU PSP? Would I be able to transfer my save?

Teach me! Oh wise ones!

it is worth it,but if you want to try it i would say the demo would help so it will help you decide if you want the game.i play psp2i more than i play psp2.also the guides here are more than helpful so you will have some help.

blace
Mar 14, 2013, 07:26 PM
If you want to transfer your current PSPo2 save to use in Infinity, you'll need to have it converted. As for playing online, you'll want to get a new copy rather used as it requires an unused LWL for online play.

In my signature I have linked to my thread on converting your own save and a link to a thread of people that may be willing to help.

ArataWata
Mar 14, 2013, 08:01 PM
I see...

I'll probably try getting the game at the month of the month when I get a bit of extra money.

Also, to activate the LWL I'll probably need a JP PSN account for it, correct?

blace
Mar 14, 2013, 08:06 PM
That's the case, yes. Currently, when you create an account you'll be asked for an address, a measure they added this year. You could attempt it with a Tenso account, which is a site that works as a P.O. box for holding onto things you ordered and mailing them to you after.

ArataWata
Mar 14, 2013, 10:14 PM
I see!

I'm also guessing most of the PSOW players have moved over to PSP2I?

blace
Mar 14, 2013, 10:42 PM
What's left of the people from PSPo2, more or less. However, with PSO2 now on Vita, people have migrated over to that.

ArataWata
Mar 14, 2013, 11:13 PM
Alright, sounds easy enough.

I'll probably try getting my copy when I get a bit of extra money, gives me more time to work on my character, aha.

Thanks for the help.

ArataWata
Mar 16, 2013, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah,

How difficult you would it say it is to get through the story mode and missions, etc?

Does it require a in depth translation or knowledge of Japanese?

Link1275
Mar 16, 2013, 11:42 AM
Oh yeah,

Some difficult you would it say it is to get through the story mode and missions, etc?

Does it require a in depth translation or knowledge of Japanese?
It's not hard at all. Especially if you played PSP2. Ep2 will give you some troubles on certain story missions that involve lobby actions or something similar.

ArataWata
Mar 16, 2013, 01:15 PM
It's not hard at all. Especially if you played PSP2. Ep2 will give you some troubles on certain story missions that involve lobby actions or something similar.

Oh, awesome.

Welp, hopefully I can get the game soon and play with people on here.

blace
Mar 16, 2013, 01:25 PM
DeviFoxx's translated guide will help immensely in both story and what is needed to be done for the story. Aki_Yoruno also published a guide of sorts for quests. I'll look around for the threads and link them here.
Edit: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188224 and http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194947

ArataWata
Mar 17, 2013, 07:44 PM
One last question.

Where can get I get the demo? xD

EDIT - Nevermind, did a quick google search, thought I was going to have to do a long search on the JP PSN store.

Shambertin
Mar 28, 2013, 02:39 PM
psp2:i is so worth it online mode of this game = win. the lobby is old school pso hahahaha <3