PDA

View Full Version : English-Speaking Teams on Ship 10?

Munobu
Mar 16, 2013, 02:44 PM
Hello, everyone. I've been lurking on here for years and finally decided to create an account to give back a bit; but before that, I have a problem that I'm hoping some of you will be able to help with.

I've played solo for nearly all of the hours I've put into this game, and now that I'm approaching level cap I'm starting to worry about the limitations of what I can do as a solo player. I really want to get into Advance Quests for faster leveling and phat lewtz, but I am afraid of what might go wrong if I tried by myself. There's also a few other things I'd love to have a steady group for, namely Falz Hunar Emergency Codes.

I know Japanese players don't bite, but I've tried to avoid partying with anyone who doesn't speak English since I started playing; mainly out of respect for anyone who MIGHT be annoyed by my inability to follow directions in Japanese.

That said, I have never introduced myself to any players who I saw speaking English because it was either during an MPA/E-Quest or they were being disrespectful in the lobby. So I thought I'd ask here to get an idea of what's up with Ship 10.

I'm on Ship 10 because I saw somewhere that the English speaking communities were on 10 and 2, and a friend who no longer plays suggested we go to 10. Thing is, I've seen VERY few people speaking English, so either there are not as many here as was implied or it's some kind of underground thing. Anybody who can provide me with some info on the state of Ship 10's English community has my thanks. As for who I am and what I'm looking for...

Ship 10
Character Name: Nobuo
SEGA ID: votxupstart
Class: Lv47 GU / Lv32 RA
Playstyle: Kill everything and look awesome while doing it

Essentially, I'm looking for a team that does MPAs, Emergency Quests, and Advance Quests together. I'll jump in on Time Attacks as well but that's not a requirement. Farming groups focused on running a specific boss/area continuously would be like a dream come true.

This is starting to look like a job application...

I'm confident in my skill as a Gunner and am most certainly not a noob in the mechanics of the game. I don't spam Elder Rebellion (or let the last 3 shots connect, at least) if it would inconvenience others and am generally accurate when applying Weak Bullet. How frequently I die depends on how ballsy I'm feeling or how high up in the air I am. If I'm airborne I like to stay there, which generally isn't a problem since I can dodge pretty well- but stuff happens, y'know?

Wall of text complete. Thanks for reading. Any pointers on finding people to play with or offers to join a team would be much appreciated.

Gama
Mar 16, 2013, 03:31 PM
advice, try to move to ship 2 while you can.

GL!

DS23
Mar 16, 2013, 03:48 PM
There's a thread of all the psow related teams SOMEWHERE on here, I searched 'teams' to try to help and got 20 pages of results. :o

Seraphus
Mar 16, 2013, 04:02 PM
advice, try to move to ship 2 while you can.

GL!

Bad advice if you don't want to spend money.

Actual advice, go to the full blocks. Mainly 24, the first AQ block. English speaking people are scattered all around in different timezones also. They usually just aren't spamming conversations in public chat.

I believe a large team is Liminality.

But it may be the case that many people from just stopped playing/up and left without a warning such as your friend did.

Gama
Mar 16, 2013, 04:19 PM
bad advice no, it was the most obvious choice for someone who's obviously having a hard time finding other players.

if he cant move to ship 2

well sucks for him?

Seraphus
Mar 16, 2013, 04:43 PM
bad advice no, it was the most obvious choice for someone who's obviously having a hard time finding other players.

if he cant move to ship 2

well sucks for him?

Oh, pso-w, you. Not to mention I said if he doesn't want to spend money.

I'll stop right here.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 16, 2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Have fun.

Munobu
Mar 16, 2013, 04:58 PM
If I was in a position to transfer, I would. Obviously that's not the case though. I'm pretty sure there's at least one team on Ship 10 because I remember hearing about them somewhere on these forums awhile back, but I forget what they're called and am not sure if they're still active.

Thanks for looking, DS23.

Seraphus, I'll look around and see what I can find on Block 24. I didn't know that people looking to do AQs gathered on certain block #s. Even if the team you mentioned isn't entirely active, having a name to look for helps. Thanks!

RadGalaxy
Mar 16, 2013, 06:29 PM
I'm the team leader of Liminality. We're very active team, not the only one either. Ship 10 doesn't have a "block 20", but we actually have a decent sized English population. Maybe not quite as large as ship 2 but still a good size. Everyone follows what the blocks are for instead of lollygagging in public.

Amaranthus
Mar 16, 2013, 07:53 PM
G'luck on finding a team. Most of us rarely speak english on public chat out of respect for the Japanese community. If you still need help I know somebody around your level, maybe I can introduce you to him/her.

DoubleZero
Mar 16, 2013, 07:59 PM
I'm on ship 10, and I have two characters at main class 48, one in Hunter and the other in Gunner. I'd love to do some AQs, but I'm not really sure how to do them properly, and the entry level cost doesn't leave much room for error.

Honestly, I saw someone with Steam Knuckles. I want them so bad, but they only appear in the Tunnels AQ.

Emp
Mar 16, 2013, 08:01 PM
Im on ship 10. My char name is Luna.

Dextro
Mar 16, 2013, 08:46 PM
I think this is the thread that people are eluding to, but it's pretty outdated now:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629

Poubelle
Mar 16, 2013, 08:48 PM
Just move to ship 2.

Seraphus
Mar 16, 2013, 08:51 PM
Just move to ship 2.

pso-w, at its best.

Poubelle
Mar 16, 2013, 08:57 PM
What do you want me to say?

Sure, let me conjur up an English community out of thin air! No.

There's a few stragglers but as far as I know, the English community on ship 10 is dead. The English community is all on ship 2 now.

It was a bad idea to separate ourselves between multiple ships to begin with.

Seraphus
Mar 16, 2013, 09:00 PM
What do you want me to say?

Sure, let me conjur up an English community out of thin air! No.

There's a few stragglers but as far as I know, the English community on ship 10 is dead. The English community is all on ship 2 now.

It was a bad idea to separate ourselves between multiple ships to begin with.

Sure, let's not read the topic at all and post something that is essentially spam. Sure, let's join ships while they were closed for registration.

Must stop reading posts.

EDIT: And as for what I want you to say? Nothing. It added nothing to the thread and was an invalid answer.

RedRaz0r
Mar 16, 2013, 09:01 PM
Advice: Don't hang out with Hannibal, he's an elitist, self-centered dick.

Otherwise, hit me up if you're lookin to party.

Poubelle
Mar 16, 2013, 09:04 PM
Yeah. Thank God I'm not on the same ship as that guy. He seems like a narcissistic psycho. I bet he likes the taste of his own shit.

Seraphus
Mar 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
Just because you don't like his answer doesn't make it spam. He posted a valid response to the opening poster's problem.

And honestly? I agree. It sucks because you're way up there now, but you have to make a choice - reset and play with lots of english users, or keep all your stuff, but play solo (with a few exceptions).

Read. Please read the thread and replies before his post.

(reading, this is exactly what I should stop doing here)

DS23
Mar 16, 2013, 10:16 PM
I think this is the thread that people are eluding to, but it's pretty outdated now:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629

That'd be it, and yeah some of those teams on ship 2 don't exist anymore. :-?

Skyly HUmar
Mar 16, 2013, 10:46 PM
Advice: Don't hang out with Hannibal, he's an elitist, self-centered dick.

Otherwise, hit me up if you're lookin to party.

Mostly true, but I am one one of the few people in ship 10... no, in the whole english community that drops what hes doing to help a friend.

Boo hoo hanni thinks my character is a loli! Boo hoo hanni doesnt like to add people he doesnt speak to as friends.

Listen bud, if you wanna play with me all it takes is a PM, and youve never reached out to me, I on the other hand have a 39 memeber active english team and a list of 52 active friends, im not really in the "go out of my way to meet new people" mood. It just takes a PM and some time to get on my friends list.

And about being an elitist, im probably the king of elitists, but were in psow so thats not really an insult.

Yeah. Thank God I'm not on the same ship as that guy. He seems like a narcissistic psycho. I bet he likes the taste of his own shit.

Thank god im not on the same ship as this n00b... OR EMIZEL LOL! And yes im a psycho (its my team title lol), yes i am a narcissist, how can you like other people if you don't adore yourself? lol.

Anywhooooo~ back on topic, OP, if you send me a PM, i can get you into a nice team if not my own, i know quite a few. And since its sunday in a few more minutes my time, im pretty much free to lend you a hand whenever.

Poubelle
Mar 16, 2013, 11:12 PM
It takes a certain kind of person to use 'n00b' as an insult in the year 2013.

Skyly HUmar
Mar 16, 2013, 11:21 PM
It takes a certain kind of person to use 'n00b' as an insult in the year 2013.

Yeah, me. lol

EDIT: gotta give you props though, the last part of this insult really made me lol

Eveningxtar
Mar 17, 2013, 12:07 AM
Well, currently I am a player from ship 10 also looking for more people to quest together.
I have a team called 空色魔女の炎(Flames of the Azure Witch) and hope to find more members (^-^)
Character name: AliceEVE HUFIcaseal

RadGalaxy
Mar 17, 2013, 01:20 AM
It's funny how many people say ship 10's community is dead as people are ringing in saying they're active. Ship 10 probably has the second biggest English speaking community in the game.

RedRaz0r
Mar 17, 2013, 01:23 AM
Mostly true, but I am one one of the few people in ship 10... no, in the whole english community that drops what hes doing to help a friend.

Boo hoo hanni thinks my character is a loli! Boo hoo hanni doesnt like to add people he doesnt speak to as friends.

Listen bud, if you wanna play with me all it takes is a PM, and youve never reached out to me, I on the other hand have a 39 memeber active english team and a list of 52 active friends, im not really in the "go out of my way to meet new people" mood. It just takes a PM and some time to get on my friends list.

And about being an elitist, im probably the king of elitists, but were in psow so thats not really an insult.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8

Thank god im not on the same ship as this n00b... OR EMIZEL LOL! And yes im a psycho (its my team title lol), yes i am a narcissist, how can you like other people if you don't adore yourself? lol.

Anywhooooo~ back on topic, OP, if you send me a PM, i can get you into a nice team if not my own, i know quite a few. And since its sunday in a few more minutes my time, im pretty much free to lend you a hand whenever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8

Skyly HUmar
Mar 17, 2013, 01:42 AM
It's funny how many people say ship 10's community is dead as people are ringing in saying they're active. Ship 10 probably has the second biggest English speaking community in the game.

It is lol. I mean, theres 39 in my team alone, then theres 3 other teams that i know of that have quite a few people, and the random guy that pops up every now and again. The ship 2 folk just dont understand that just because people dont talk in public chat, that doesnt mean that theres no one there. Though i may visit ship 2 to see a friend there lol. Buuuuut at the same time i dont wanna spend the ac to go to and fro. I did see evil mag on 10 a bit ago though lol. Looks like our leader didnt like him though =/.

Rhedrimond
Mar 17, 2013, 10:50 PM
Yeah, there's a fair-sized playerbase on Ship 10-- I play both ships, and my friends list is always more full on Ship 10 than 2(thought I admittedly spend more time there).

Aside from some of the big teams mentioned, our team (The Vanguard) has 44 members and at least a dozen of them active. We're even just lolol RPers, to boot.

What the others have said is pretty accurate. We use the blocks as they're labeled and generally idle in team or player rooms. There are quite a few of us, and the lack of a centralized location doesn't really stop us from getting in touch when we need to.

daniel98x
Mar 18, 2013, 02:22 AM
OK, but really, what's the point in encouraging a small community like this to spread themselves thin over multiple servers?

Instead of trying to 'recruit' people to a server with a tiny English community and lying to them about how how active that community is, why don't you guys move to ship 2 instead?

Coatl
Mar 18, 2013, 02:34 AM
It's really unfortunate the incident where ship 2 was locked and no one could join it for a few days took place. It caused for at least 1/4 of the pso-w community to scram to any random ship, and the problem was fixed slower than the amount of time it took for people to get comfortable I suppose. Really guys, just spend the AC and move to ship 2. The plan to make ship 2 our ship was laid out before PSO2 was even released, and encouraging the english community to spread even more is not a wise decision in my opinion.

blace
Mar 18, 2013, 02:45 AM
Or move ship entirely since other communities have pretty much claimed ship 2. Let's face it, the PSO-World community on there is quite a bit smaller than whoever else is there. There are a few russian communities springing up as well, all on ship 2. It's really no wonder why it's being crammed in comparison to other ships when you browse through them.

Husq
Mar 18, 2013, 04:14 AM
Yeah, there's a fair-sized playerbase on Ship 10-- I play both ships, and my friends list is always more full on Ship 10 than 2(thought I admittedly spend more time there).

Same here. All the people I started with on ship2 stopped playing a while back, yes you have new faces coming and going, but I don't think that the core of the english community on ship2 is much bigger than on ship10. Same also is true for people I added on my list over the time, people jusrt vanish after a month or two. Ship2 may have the largest number of foreign accounts, but only particular size is really active.

But I find it hilarious is that every time someone ask for activity on ship 10, ship 4 or ship 7, certain people just shout out: "move to ship2!", and start babbling about persuading people to join less occupied ships with "small or none" foreign communities, without reading the opening post or actually do some work and investigate why people are on ship2, 4 and 10.

Meireles
Mar 18, 2013, 10:06 PM
Huq and han are both right, there are plenty of people to play with on ship 10 if you are willing to put some work in.