PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me? Or does Skyly suck?

Larloc
Apr 1, 2003, 10:07 PM
i am a level 80 HUmar now. skyly of course. i just cant seem to get anything! no Hildetorrs, Pal Rappys, Nar Lillies, etc. same goes with the items! my best weapon is Dragon Slayer +34! and that weapon kinda sux. then i look at the item findings list, and find out that we skylys cant get GOD/BATTLE without trading from someone! that sux a lot! what should i do? start playing with a new character? just help me!

Larloc
Apr 1, 2003, 10:10 PM
oh yeah! is it true we cant get Olga's DNA!!!!????? that sux!

Kyosozai
Apr 1, 2003, 10:23 PM
however they do get the Sealed J-Sword among things
as well as the Monkey King Bar.

Vitamin_D
Apr 1, 2003, 10:32 PM
On 2003-04-01 19:23, Kyosozai wrote:
however they do get the Sealed J-Sword among things
as well as the Monkey King Bar.

...And Sange, and Yasha, and Red Sword, and Zanba, and every Double Saber type. Patience is the name of the game my friend.

Zeebo
Apr 1, 2003, 10:35 PM
Eh Greenill is worse...

Larloc
Apr 1, 2003, 10:57 PM
well.... i guess we skylys do need patience, but i am in friggin Ultimate already and only 7 types of rares. they are:

Flowen Sword (plain duplicate)
DB Saber (plain)
Last Survivor
Dragon Slayer
Photon Claw
Graviton Plate
Musashi

thats it!! not even a double saber! oh my friggin god!

well, i will be happy if someone answers this question. can skylys get Olga Flows DNA?

Larloc
Apr 1, 2003, 10:58 PM
and dont post a link to that Enemy Parts Findings List! i know it only says Oran, but they do make mistakes on this site!

malinko
Apr 1, 2003, 11:52 PM
Skyly is one of the best HU IDs there is. No matter what ID you are, rares don't drop like meseta. After you do 200 runs looking for something then maybe you can complain. I've searched now over 300 SoB runs for a stupid Imperial Pick and haven't gotten it. BTW, REDRIA is the only known ID to get God/Battle. You can JOIN people's games though...

Blue-Hawk
Apr 2, 2003, 12:40 AM
On 2003-04-01 19:35, Zeebo wrote:
Eh Greenill is worse...

its probably a picnic compared to the pitifully low drop rate that purplenum provides.

dj_dan
Apr 2, 2003, 03:15 AM
I know everyone likes to bash the ID of their main character... but really now...

I see so many of these posts:

"*Insert Section ID* is the worst! I can't find anything! ARRRRGH!" or something like that.

Anyway, the fact is, if you want to find stuff, play a LOT. I mean, quit your job, quit school, don't talk to your family or friends, stay locked up in a room and play PSO for weeks on end.

If you do that, you will find loads of items no matter what ID you are.

However, if you are normal (most people are), you won't do that.
No you'll probably play a few hours a week, maybe 40+ hours/week for the hardcore players... and even then the better items are hard to find.
Basically, every ID sucks, and every ID is awesome.

Until the day when some shut-in figures out the mathematical formula/logarithm/whatever that dictates item drops and shares it with the rest of the PSO-playing world, we will just have to be patient and persistent.

If any item could be obtained by playing a level for a day or two, the concept of *rare* would be defunkt.

AppieDPC
Apr 2, 2003, 05:20 AM
hmmmmm my Skyly(on hunewearl lv 89):
Red Slicer
Flowens Shield
Twin Brand
Stag Cutlery
and some others
(and normal shit with gr8 %)

Im pretty happy with my Skyly and i just have under 90 hours on my char

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-04-02 02:22 ]</font>

demonknight
Apr 2, 2003, 06:36 AM
my skyly is my best char, you can get all the most of the red weapons in the ultimate caves, sealed j sword and monkey king bar thats good enough for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

100th post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryu_4
Apr 2, 2003, 08:56 AM
skyly is not a bad ID it is actually really good...you can find sealed j-sword...but just because you havent found anything doesnt mean that you wont...it just means that the stuff that skyly finds is rarer than most id http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i have a lvl 106 skyly force...she has tons of stuff

to the person that said greenill is worst it is not i just found yasminkov last night

and to the person looking for the imperial pick...
keep looking!!! actually dont look just play...if you go search for it you will never find it but if you just like play caves and dont like it and go to forest just for fun you will probably find it ... seriously ... dont search for one weapon alone just go places and kill things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
i found my imperial pick on like the 4th run...when i was about lvl 97 now im level 123 and havent seen one since!

Pai-chan
Apr 2, 2003, 09:08 AM
I don’t see why everybody is so obsessed by what id they get. If you play on line regularly you end up joining games at least 50% of the time anyway. Pick a name you like and play easy.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Clef
Apr 2, 2003, 09:12 AM
I think skyly is one of the best id's period. I agree with you about the lack or rare monsters, but when you do find one with a skyly, it's sure to drop it's rare a majority of the time it would seem. Every pal rappy I've ever found has dropped it's rare for me, and 2 of the 3 mil lillies I've seen have dropped me a sange.

Fact is, I have much more luck finding rares with my skyly than I do with my purplenum or redria characters. As others said in this thread already though, it takes a massive commitment to rare hunting to really find the good stuff.

FluxGryphon
Apr 2, 2003, 03:29 PM
Go dj_dan! ^v^ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/whip.gif

Skyly is one of the best IDs to get God units. Hildeblues drop God/Arms, and Nars drop God/HP. Just because you hain't found it yet doesn't mean the ID sucks. Just depends on luck and the amount of time spent playing.

Enialis
Apr 2, 2003, 04:29 PM
Like Vitamin_D said patients is the name of the game. I cant find a Dragon Slayer but im not gonna quit or anything. And plus Sange and Yasha is really good. I dont have PS online (only offline) but I bet that the Dragon Slayer is good trade online, since it does alot of dmg for a sword. I think it does around how much Musashis do...

ISkyly4EverI
Apr 2, 2003, 06:02 PM
i think that skyly is the best i have my favorite weapons of all time because of it, i would never trade it for anything....

Sealed J-Sword

Demolition Comet (So Beautiful)

ISkyly4EverI
Apr 2, 2003, 06:06 PM
oops for got yes! u need to be patient!!!!

Mystil
Apr 3, 2003, 08:13 AM
On 2003-04-01 21:40, blue-hawk wrote:

On 2003-04-01 19:35, Zeebo wrote:
Eh Greenill is worse...

its probably a picnic compared to the pitifully low drop rate that purplenum provides.

I don't have problems with Purplenum drop rate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. When I was a Skyly...I hated every minute of it. You wait years to get a Photon Claw, and you'll probably never find a God unit.

Thumbalina2k
Apr 3, 2003, 11:52 AM
skyly's rule dude. When i wasnt in Ultimate, i was finding good and both bad rares at the same time. When i jumped to Ultimate, i started finding rares up the ying yang! Hell, last nite I found a Double Sabre, Stag, Red Saber, Gal Gryphons Feather and 2 Pan Arms. I'd call that a good night for anybody! Patience is a Virtue, learn it.

Ryu_4
Apr 3, 2003, 12:03 PM
On 2003-04-03 08:52, Thumbalina2k wrote:
skyly's rule dude. When i wasnt in Ultimate, i was finding good and both bad rares at the same time. When i jumped to Ultimate, i started finding rares up the ying yang! Hell, last nite I found a Double Sabre, Stag, Red Saber, Gal Gryphons Feather and 2 Pan Arms. I'd call that a good night for anybody! Patience is a Virtue, learn it.

mmmm pan arms lol still cant find those...probably not as good as my 2 demolition comets but hey gotta get a collection lolz

Valleo
Apr 3, 2003, 12:11 PM
Is it just me? Or does Skyly suck?

...its just you.

Raylan
Apr 3, 2003, 03:08 PM
Trust me. Skyly sucks. So does Purplenumb-cause-i find-nothing-but-barta-lv.-5-so-I-banged-my-head-into-my-controller-many-many-many-many-times-causing-my-R-button-to-break-making-it-rather-difficult-to-use-my-god-/-tech-like-mage-ity-{-is-that-a-word-?-}-super-powers-to-blow-stuff-up-and-save-the-world-{-or-what-is-left-of-it-}. Stupid Purple 'Sin droids... I-EAT-YOU!

{plus the greenie finds me techs so as far as gods go i dint care http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif}

Axon13
Apr 4, 2003, 03:06 AM
i wish people would just stop complaining about section id's. every section id is good for something. yeah it's true that skyly is cursed w/ findind certain rares over and over again, but big deal, you have to look at other things you can find as well. maybe you're just lookin in the wrong place or you're just having a streak of bad luck.
for me, skyly has been awesome, even though i have 13 useless db's sabers, countless flowens swords and last survivors, but the useful rares i do find are awesome.

Alexkidd
Apr 4, 2003, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone,i haven't posted in awhile nor have i played pso lately =P I think that greenill rocks=)i have found Yas 2000r twice(lost one due to power outage >_<)And frozen shooter,custom barrier,Baranz laucher(love that baranz =)I am mad at skyly cause they find money king bar.Wanted ever since Ver.2.I think all the ids are good in there own way.Back in Ver.2 i really thought yellowboze was not that great....but in the end i had a great rare everyonce in awhile.So in closing all I have to say is KEEP TRYING,A QUITTER NEVER GETS RARES IN THE END =)

los
Apr 4, 2003, 04:06 PM
Section ID's are a tricky business, My character has found two god arms, evey ID has it's good points and its bad points. I have to be fair Ep1&2 is far better for rares than Version 1 i ranked up 200 hours on Viridia and i NEVER found anything rare apart from Varista and DB swords etc.

The whole idea is ID's are designed to make people trade items, that thye only way your gonna get the itesm your looking for.

Bring back the good old days on the DC before the Hacking started.

SubstanceD
Apr 4, 2003, 04:58 PM
My Hucaseal is currently at level 49, she is only on hard difficulty, has logged on more or less 40 hours and is Skyly ID. I realise that compared to most I have not reached anywhere in this game yet and that I have yet to no what Skyly is like in the long run but so far this section has been very generous to me, on Normal difficulty I have encountered numerous Al Rappies ( but recived nothing valuable ) and on Hard difficulty I have gotten numerous rares ( several Musashi's, 2 Last Survivors, a Flowens Sword and aproximatly a dozen DB's sabers[ I am beginning to get sick of them ]) and have also been fortunate enough to have seen several Nar lilys and one Al Rappy. If this is a sign of things to come then I would say that Skyly is a very generous section ID, i look forwrd to item hunting on the latter difficulties. Be patient, eventually you will find what you are looking for, I personally find that the best way to find rares is to play the game nomally than to go rare item/enemy hunting, take it for me I spent hours teleping in order to see my first rare monster ( I was looking for an Al Rappy )but did not find any, as soon as I stopped trying and stated playing normally they started appearing in multitudes.

Auracom
Apr 4, 2003, 07:43 PM
Heres what I have found... I'm a lv140 RAcast with skly ID.
God/Arm
God/Pow
Heart of Poumn
Graviton Plate
Sange
Twin Brand
RedSaber
AngelHarp
Yamato
Bravace
Talis
Sacred Cloth
Mahu

Not a really great pool of items... but you can find brightness circle, standstill sheild, zanba, partisan of lighting, Sinow Reds arms among other stuff.

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php?by=sectionid&sectionid=3

Yoda86
Apr 4, 2003, 09:32 PM
If you don't like the skyly ID just change the character. But they do find some good things. I just started one so I could find a J-Sword among some other things I'm interested in.

MP3dawg16
Apr 4, 2003, 10:08 PM
Skyly isnt bad, no ID is bad, I think one of my topics which is now a page behind has already been forgotten....

NO ID SUX!!!!!!!!
They all have something incredibly great about them

Skyly does well in caves Ultimate, dont judge it til you get at least there.

Larloc
Apr 5, 2003, 12:04 AM
finally! i got somethings that are good! i found Sange and Yasha! now they can become twin swords! hell ya! but that is all i found that is good. nuthin else.

i know patience is the game. but i have one more question. can any other people other than Orans get Olgas DnA?

LordCronai
Apr 5, 2003, 12:12 PM
It seems not right now, but the chances of even an Oran finding a legit one are next to zero. I wouldn't make my long-term goal to be finding Parasitic Gene "Flow".

-Eden-
Apr 5, 2003, 03:38 PM
*grumble* I'm Viridia and the best thing I've found is a Red Scorpio. Which no one will trade because all the dupers have destroyed any available market for the item.

Yoda86
Apr 5, 2003, 06:02 PM
Actually, I'm not online yet and getting the Parasitic Gene "Flow" is my ultimate goal. Even thought the odds are against me, I've always prevailed in any game. So if you see me online someday with a Dark Flow, ITS LEGIT!!!!!!!