PDA

View Full Version : Gangsta Rap

Vanango
Apr 2, 2003, 01:48 AM
does anyone else play background music while playing PSO? it puts me in a better mood for some reason, it was gangsta rap for a while but now it's Evanescence ^_^ nice transition eh?

Captain_Dude
Apr 2, 2003, 01:56 AM
Doesn't this belong in Off Topic?

Meh, I listen to the PSO music... Altho, when I throw some Doof Mingur, Fuck Circus, or Wheelchair Grandpa into my Walkman and play PSO it makes my killing stuff more interesting...

raiden999
Apr 2, 2003, 01:26 PM
On 2003-04-01 22:48, Vanango wrote:
does anyone else play background music while playing PSO? it puts me in a better mood for some reason, it was gangsta rap for a while but now it's Evanescence ^_^ nice transition eh?

that's a drastic change there... but it was for the better, seeing as how i hate rap and like metal...

RedFox
Apr 2, 2003, 06:35 PM
DMX

Captain_Anarchy
Apr 2, 2003, 09:05 PM
ya i dont have background music to pso i have background tv shows lol i love havin 2 tvs

2Xtreme
Apr 2, 2003, 09:10 PM
I listen to gangsta rap (but only the old, non-comercialized, non-sold-out stuff like NWA or MC Ren), country, or hard rock when I play PSO. I don't like pop rock like punk, though.

Guile
Apr 2, 2003, 09:48 PM
Just turn on Winamp, which is just a mix of Wu-Tang, M Jackson, chili peppers, radiohead, Jay-Z, Outkast, Green day and a bunch of other stuff

but mainly rap

G-Unit
Apr 2, 2003, 09:55 PM
Dat aint rap yo.

G G G-UNIT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G-Unit on 2003-04-02 18:59 ]</font>

The_Hero_Of_Time
Apr 2, 2003, 09:56 PM
AFI, Bouncig Souls, Japanese music and such.

Guile
Apr 2, 2003, 10:03 PM
That's just a mixture of music, Jay-Z, Outkast, Dilated Peoples, Deltron, Wu-Tang, Nas, J5, Xzibit, Scarface, D12, Gangstarr, Icecube, dre, snoop, Eazy-E, Blackalicious, Big L, Talib, blackstar, Luda, Kurupt, and many others are whats on my list

if that aint rap I don't know what is

Vanango
Apr 3, 2003, 12:15 AM
hahha, I have a pretty diverse play list, from VnV Nation, to DMX, to Nena, to Jacky Cheung, to theme songs... hahaha

*starts singing teenage mutant ninja turtles*

shall I continue?

bouncing souls, rancid, Outcast, ^-^ random Danish punk... Juliana Theory, ... other stuff... yea

Oh, I posted this somewhere else btw... but it was moved

Guile
Apr 3, 2003, 03:19 AM
I got the MC Pee Pants song from Aqua teen hunger force...best song ever

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Apr 3, 2003, 05:00 PM
On 2003-04-02 19:03, Guile wrote:
That's just a mixture of music, Jay-Z, Outkast, Dilated Peoples, Deltron, Wu-Tang, Nas, J5, Xzibit, Scarface, D12, Gangstarr, Icecube, dre, snoop, Eazy-E, Blackalicious, Big L, Talib, blackstar, Luda, Kurupt, and many others are whats on my list

if that aint rap I don't know what is

I didn't think anyone besides me listened to those artists, especially Blackalicious. Man, Blazing Arrow is one of the best rap albums ever made.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _xX_Frosty_Xx_ on 2003-04-03 15:49 ]</font>

Subliminalgroove
Apr 3, 2003, 05:02 PM
On 2003-04-03 00:19, Guile wrote:
I got the MC Pee Pants song from Aqua teen hunger force...best song ever

hehe "I want CANDY!"

Only like a bit of rap myself. But I can dig on some Cee-Lo any time of the day.

hollowtip
Apr 3, 2003, 05:37 PM
On 2003-04-02 15:35, RedFox wrote:
DMX

DMX is not gangsta rap. Infact almost all music that is played on MTV or most radio stations is not gangsta rap.

HotWaterDeath
Apr 4, 2003, 03:13 PM
Some J5, KRS-ONE, NWA, and a tad of Public Enemy.
That about I need from that board of over commercialized ish.

On 2003-04-02 18:10, 2Xtreme wrote:
I don't like pop rock like punk, though.

For a fella that listens to semi-underground hip-hop stuff I'm suprised you'd make a comment like that about the state of punk. Punk and pop music are very contrary to each other...in fact I'd go as far as to say that they're exact opposites. I don't blame you for this though as the media has a way of labeling most breaking artists under the label of being punk...I mean when you hear junk about Sum 41 being P-rock then you know somebody doesn't know what they're talking about (For crying out loud if you're on MTV or making a gagillion dollars a year then you are not punk-rock...this includes that tard Fat Mike from NOFX who probably earns a hefty wad of cash every year.) That's my rant. Get a Minor Threat record and then we'll start talking about punk and hardcore.

Guile
Apr 4, 2003, 11:17 PM
On 2003-04-03 14:00, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

I didn't think anyone besides me listened to those artists, especially Blackalicious. Man, Blazing Arrow is one of the best rap albums ever made.

Yeah Blazing Arrow kicked all ass, I'm big into underground and not so well known hip hop groups

Dross
Apr 4, 2003, 11:24 PM
i usually listen to "the cries of fallen boomas"