PDA

View Full Version : Age Demographic

VANNO
Mar 22, 2013, 07:54 PM
So after spending time on PSO-world I notice that there are a lot of different age groups floating around. There are people who grew up on the original Phantasy stars series to younger members who were just introduced to PSO2. Since the Phantasy Star series has been out so long it made me wonder what the age demographic was.

EDIT: I fail on the 2nd option. It's suppose to be 13-15

EDIT 2: For fun what option do you think will get the most votes?

CelestialBlade
Mar 22, 2013, 08:48 PM
Being in the middle of this range makes me not feel old ^^

Zyrusticae
Mar 22, 2013, 09:02 PM
Well being in my mid-20s is making me start to feel old.

Even though I know I'm not even close to middle age yet, it just feels... weird...

Zeota
Mar 22, 2013, 09:02 PM
I see I'm one of the only ones that chose 31-34 thus far. I'll be 32 next week.

GET OFF MAH LAWN!

Enforcer MKV
Mar 22, 2013, 09:04 PM
I'ma wait until Wednesday to vote. 8D

Palle
Mar 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
Only one PSO dood older than me, AFAIK.

EvilMag
Mar 22, 2013, 10:04 PM
20 here. Normally people my age would be like "YES I'LL BE ABLE TO DRINK IN A FEW MONTHS" but fuck that.

blace
Mar 22, 2013, 10:05 PM
My vote will remain for another year and a month.

Blackheart521
Mar 22, 2013, 10:09 PM
20 here. Normally people my age would be like "YES I'LL BE ABLE TO DRINK IN A FEW MONTHS" but fuck that.

Off Topic but whatever, I'm about to turn 20 and I still am already kinda "meh" about drinking... probably because it's a generally unpleasant experience getting to the point where I'm drunk. ^^;

NoiseHERO
Mar 22, 2013, 10:14 PM
21 never hyped about drinking, but it's aight. <_<

No one ages after 14 anyway, they just become better actors.

Sayara
Mar 22, 2013, 10:16 PM
I was going to fret about how i felt old but 4 other secret souls say otherwise.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7fh24uIo31qdippyo1_r1_500.gif

Polly
Mar 22, 2013, 10:18 PM
32 years old!

Now there are three secret souls.

Crazyleo
Mar 22, 2013, 10:22 PM
HA!!!! I have most of you beat age wise. :-P (I'm in my 40s)

BIG OLAF
Mar 22, 2013, 10:26 PM
Well, I'm pretty much a child compared to some of the people 'round here, most of which I already knew about. There's something kind of stifling about talking to someone much older than you. Like, at work, I'm the only person under age 45 in the area I work in. It's a bit...odd, to say the least, talking to people old enough to be my father (who have children and even grandchildren) twice over as if we're just "buds".

Even talking to people on the internet, that are maybe like 5+ years older than me feels weird sometimes. Kinda like a "man, they must think I'm just some dumb punk kid huh?" :wacko:

Blackheart521
Mar 22, 2013, 10:31 PM
Well, I'm pretty much a child compared to some of the people 'round here, most of which I already knew about. There's something kind of stifling about talking to someone much older than you. Like, at work, I'm the only person under age 45 in the area I work in. It's a bit...odd, to say the least, talking to people old enough to be my father (who have children and even grandchildren) twice over as if we're just "buds".

Even talking to people on the internet, that are maybe like 5+ years older than me feels weird sometimes. Kinda like a "man, they must think I'm just some dumb punk kid huh?" :wacko:

Yeah, but that's the cool thing about the anonymity of the internet, people don't judge you on your age (unless you tell them your age) so all people have to base their opinions on you are your views and statements you make ^^;

VANNO
Mar 22, 2013, 11:04 PM
I agree with you Blackheart which is why I try to leave the polls as anonymous as I could.

I know how you feel BIG OLAF. In my group of friends I'm the youngest by 1 and a half years. In work I am also fairly young, but because of my status I have to be able to dictate things to my team. Which feels odd because I was taught to respect people older than me. So I feel bad when I tell older people to do stuff. And then there is a seniority thing too which ulg... (´Д`) it's hard.

Also I assumed the PSO-World age would would lean higher as the series itself is older. I look forward to see what happens.

Crazyleo
Mar 22, 2013, 11:08 PM
There hasn't been enough time for people to put in their votes. We'll get a better representation as more people do vote.

Mantiskilla
Mar 22, 2013, 11:21 PM
Well damn I'm towards the end of the list here. 34 but will be 35 towards end of this year.

Neith
Mar 23, 2013, 02:56 PM
27 and feel like I've been here forever :lol:

RuneLateralus
Mar 27, 2013, 04:51 AM

Which l like that mine just seems be sandwiched in between there. Which to be honest, 30 does feel like that.

Blitzkommando
Mar 27, 2013, 02:11 PM
I'll be 26 in a few months, leaving me in what is apparently the most common age group thus far. Hard to believe I've been visiting this site for over ten years now (started coming in late 2002 but didn't sign up to the forums until June 2003).

Outrider
Mar 27, 2013, 03:20 PM
I'll be 26 in a few months, leaving me in what is apparently the most common age group thus far. Hard to believe I've been visiting this site for over ten years now (started coming in late 2002 but didn't sign up to the forums until June 2003).

Likewise. I will be 28 in about a month and I am having trouble understanding how it's been so long since I started coming in high school/college.

I am also having trouble understanding how it will be ten years since I graduated from high school. I still subconsciously identify myself as a young, early-to-mid-twenties guy, which is absolutely incorrect.

Getting older makes you narcissistic & introspective, I guess.

HeartBreak301
Mar 27, 2013, 03:52 PM
22 myself.

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2013, 10:19 PM
Likewise. I will be 28 in about a month and I am having trouble understanding how it's been so long since I started coming in high school/college.

I am also having trouble understanding how it will be ten years since I graduated from high school. I still subconsciously identify myself as a young, early-to-mid-twenties guy, which is absolutely incorrect.

Getting older makes you narcissistic & introspective, I guess.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'll be 28 in July and it's like...damn, all that shit was that long ago?

At the same time, I look at what I have done, and I realize 27 is a pretty young age to have some of the accomplishments I've achieved. Late-20s definitely seems like a big turning point, and while I used to kinda fear turning 30, I think I'm gonna plow into it with a newfound energy and youth. 30 seriously is the new 20.

Alisha
Mar 27, 2013, 10:33 PM
i'll be 33 next month. almost hard to believe how long ago it was that i registered here.

beachbum233
Mar 27, 2013, 11:00 PM
I'm 20, 21 in june. I'm like brand new to the site/forums but PSO has been a not so guilty pleasure of mine for years. Glad to see the diversity in player age.

Noblewine
Mar 28, 2013, 12:38 AM
I began to like Phantasy Star after playing PSU.

Chik'Tikka
Mar 28, 2013, 02:17 AM
wow, well then+^_^+
*drinks another tequila rose*
to the Spirit of life!!

Blackheart521
Mar 28, 2013, 02:43 AM
wow, well then+^_^+
*drinks another tequila rose*
to the Spirit of life!!

You mind if I get in on that? C'mon what're the chances you'll get in trouble for supplying a minor with alcohol? ^^;

Gardios
Mar 28, 2013, 05:14 AM
13/f/in your heart uguuuuuu

20, kind of expected the community to be younger. Then again, the series is old...

Blue-Hawk
Mar 28, 2013, 08:09 AM
Meh, age is just a number designed to scare people. As they say, you are only as old as you feel.

And after saying that, I sometimes feel like I'm 130, what with the two foot injuries, bad knees and back..........

Or as Rodney Dangerfield once said- In the shape I'm in you could donate my body to science fiction.

Wyndham
Mar 28, 2013, 09:45 AM
I am 24, And I started with Phantasy Star 4 on the Genesis. I have been playing PSO since the Dreamcast release.

Ezodagrom
Apr 1, 2013, 10:06 PM
Getting close to 26, will be so in a few months. Looking back, my life now is completely different than what I thought it would be many years ago, I thought that by now I would have accomplished alot more stuff, but I guess things may/will happen eventually.
Even if sometimes I feel a bit disappointed in how lacking some parts of my life are, I don't regret taking my time and doing things one step at a time. ^^;

When it comes to Phantasy Star, my first PS game was Phantasy Star Online Ver.2 for the Dreamcast around 10 years ago or so (only played offline though). This was the best random purchase I've ever made, I went to a store in the city and felt like buying a game for my Dreamcast, saw PSO in the shelves and bought it, didn't even know what it was about. Since it had "Online" in the title, I was afraid that it wouldn't have an offline mode, thankfully it had. :>

VANNO
Apr 1, 2013, 11:31 PM
I'm surprise there is no one under the age of 16 yet and that the majority of votes are in the 20-30 range. By now I thought we'd get someone at lest around 15 haha... X:

Noblewine
Apr 2, 2013, 01:40 AM
Keep this thread alive! Long live Phantasy Star games!

Gestiv
Apr 2, 2013, 04:37 PM
I am now 24. I was 14 when I first joined this site. :S

VANNO
Apr 16, 2013, 11:23 AM
Hmm, been a while. X: Bet the shininess of this thread died off lol. Oh well, just wanted to bump this.

ShinMaruku
Apr 16, 2013, 02:18 PM
Meh I'm 26. Nothing special.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 17, 2013, 03:13 AM
Good god, I was in middle school when I started coming to this site. Sixth/seventh grade. Now I'm in my second year of college (I fucked around for a year :wacko: ).

I laughed at the 42 option, stupid FKL.

Jellybones
Apr 18, 2013, 11:04 AM
I'm 17. I was introduced to Phantasy Star when I tried PSP1 on my friend's PSP. (I was 14 at the time) I got a PSP pretty soon after that and really enjoyed PSP2. I wish I played during PSO's glory days on the Dreamcast. Must have been a wonder.

strikerhunter
Apr 18, 2013, 11:33 AM
18, turning 19 in 6 months.

However people always misjudge my age by like 5-10 years because of my randomize changes in looks.

Honestly though, I already feel old :P