PDA

View Full Version : Female Newman Gu/Ra Mag question.

Angrywife
Mar 23, 2013, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I have been playing Fo/Te for some time and its fun, but I wanted to try out another class combo. I already purchased another mag and was wondering what stats I should aim for if I want to be able equip stuff optimally ENDGAME as a Female Newman Gu/Ra. Is there a certain mag build order to follow for mag abilities? Any specific stuff to feed?

Thank you for your time. Take care. :-)

Xaeris
Mar 23, 2013, 05:56 PM
The ideal palette for an endgame GU/RA currently requires 650 R-Atk, 450 Dex, and depending on your unit preference, 489 R-Def. The R-Def will come naturally, no need to go out of your way supplement it. For the other two, you have some options as to how to combine your SP and your mag points to attain them, but I'd say the optimal option uses a 130/20 R-Atk/Dex mag and puts some of the spare Ranger SP into Ability up.

The only reason the optimal pallette requires such a ludicrous amount of Dex is because of Emperor Axeon's 450 Dex requirement. It's the best gunslash, but there are options almost as good that have much more reasonable equipment requirements, so attaining that much Dex is hardly an absolute.

Angrywife
Mar 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
The ideal palette for an endgame GU/RA currently requires 650 R-Atk, 450 Dex, and depending on your unit preference, 489 R-Def. The R-Def will come naturally, no need to go out of your way supplement it. For the other two, you have some options as to how to combine your SP and your mag points to attain them, but I'd say the optimal option uses a 130/20 R-Atk/Dex mag and puts some of the spare Ranger SP into Ability up.

The only reason the optimal pallette requires such a ludicrous amount of Dex is because of Emperor Axeon's 450 Dex requirement. It's the best gunslash, but there are options almost as good that have much more reasonable equipment requirements, so attaining that much Dex is hardly an absolute.

I'm looking to stick with this build from the build thread. http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03kFbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkfcq7EibI n000000ib00000fdBJdJ29k0009beDI2cFbncD000Ib00000ib 00000f

Would that be enough in Ability Up if I followed your post?

I thought just by being a Female Newman I was going to be gimped on equipment. I guess that isn't the case then.

Thanks btw on your opinion.

Xaeris
Mar 23, 2013, 06:16 PM
If you use 130/20 mag, yes, you'd have enough to make both the R-Atk and the Dex requirements using that build. Like I said though, the 450 Dex is only because of Emperor Axeon, which is pretty rare. I wouldn't actually commit the skill points to equipping it until I actually had it in my inventory. Apart from that, you can equip everything else a gunner would want to have using the 130/20 mag.

UnLucky
Mar 23, 2013, 06:17 PM
Yup, you can go with this (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?03kDbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkbdIkfcKik7bI n000000ib00000fdBJdJk9k0009b2QI2cFcAcD000Ib00000ib 00000f) and meet all the equipment requirements by the level cap.

No class/race combo is as bad as FOcast. Anything else can be anything else nearly as well as the optimum setup.

Angrywife
Mar 23, 2013, 06:27 PM
If you use 130/20 mag, yes, you'd have enough to make both the R-Atk and the Dex requirements using that build. Like I said though, the 450 Dex is only because of Emperor Axeon, which is pretty rare. I wouldn't actually commit the skill points to equipping it until I actually had it in my inventory. Apart from that, you can equip everything else a gunner would want to have using the 130/20 mag.

Thank you. For now it's just pump R-Atk then. I guess it's just alternate between dimates & guns to keep ratk leveling and the rest low?

Xaeris
Mar 23, 2013, 06:29 PM
If you're operating on a budget, dimates are okay, but to reduce Dex after it's raised from feeding a gun, a 5* room decoration works best. You should be able to buy them for 1050 meseta apiece on the visiphone.

Alisha
Mar 24, 2013, 12:20 AM
cant you get emperor axeon from matterboard?

omgwtflolbbl
Mar 24, 2013, 12:50 AM
You can buy 5* decorations from the myroom store for 400 meseta. They look like mushrooms. Alternating between guns and those every so often will allow you to raise a pure ratk mag.

Lunarix
Mar 24, 2013, 01:55 AM
Using 5* room decorations is better for reducing dex. I didn't have to buy from npc since most of the room decorations I get are 5*.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 24, 2013, 04:11 AM
cant you get emperor axeon from matterboard?

That's Lord Axeon