PDA

View Full Version : Random files on desktop?

Monstrousangel
Mar 28, 2013, 12:11 AM
While installing PSO2, these icons kept popping up on my desktop. I'm not sure what to do with them and what will happen if if delete them. Just wondering if i can get rid of them or not.

Kondibon
Mar 28, 2013, 12:11 AM
Uhhh... what icons? Can we have a screenshot or something?

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 12:12 AM
Uhhh... what icons? Can we have a screenshot or something?

PSO2 Launcher shortcut ofc.

Kondibon
Mar 28, 2013, 12:14 AM
PSO2 Launcher shortcut ofc.

I have no idea if that's what they're talking about or not. For all we know they could have downloaded a virus thinking it was pso2 and borked up their computer.

Kion
Mar 28, 2013, 12:16 AM
While installing PSO2, these icons kept popping up on my desktop. I'm not sure what to do with them and what will happen if if delete them. Just wondering if i can get rid of them or not.

Do you mean the install or the download client? Because the download client grabs ton of packets to install the actual application. Once the game is completely install on your system you can delete the downloaded files off your desktop.

Shinamori
Mar 28, 2013, 12:17 AM
Are you one of these people who downloads EVERYTHING to their desktop?

~Aya~
Mar 28, 2013, 12:19 AM
I have no idea if that's what they're talking about or not. For all we know they could have downloaded a virus thinking it was pso2 and borked up their computer.

I'm sorry <3. I couldn't help but joke.

@Monstrousangel However, you should post a pic of your desktop so that the kind people of PSOW can assist you.

Edit: Make sure your backround is pr0n free, too.

Monstrousangel
Mar 28, 2013, 01:07 AM
All of those white files

Chik'Tikka
Mar 28, 2013, 02:08 AM
All of those white files

that's your pre-install bin, it defaults to the desktop when you initially download them now, once you install the game feel free to delete (or better yet, back them up somewhere, in event of reinstall or to take to friends house) as they are no longer needed to run the game+^_^+ best bet is to check and make sure you can launch the game to opening cut-scene 1st before deleting though+^_^+