PDA

View Full Version : New Dumans Class?

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 30, 2013, 10:17 PM
Since I only played up to ep 1 2 3 and zero, can someone explain Dumans to me in short hand.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 10:17 PM
Dumans were a race in PSP2i. As of now they don't exist in PSO2 so there's not much to explain

Chik'Tikka
Mar 30, 2013, 10:21 PM
as far as i know, they're goth/emo/vampire style characters that all wear eye patches+^_^+ otherwise i'm about as clueless as you+^_^+ http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-meet-the-dumans/
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/Ryohumi/Nagisa-Design.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2013, 10:24 PM
Dumans are pretty much humans that got infected by seed and can control it and not go seed form all the time, Hyuga from psu is pretty much a duman

Kierto
Mar 30, 2013, 10:25 PM
In PSO2 (according to datamining) they will have highest S-Atk modifier, 2nd best R-Atk modifier, T-Atk modifier just behind Female Humans, tied ABL modifier with Humans and lower S/R/T-Def and HP modifiers than every other race.

This more or less replicates their stats in PSP2i where they first appeared.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 10:27 PM
I could have sworn Dumans had the highest defensive stats in 2i

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 10:28 PM
Yeah seed/human race who's power was very destructive.

They use an eye patch on there right eye to keep there true power dormant if removed they gain access to some very destructible power also they have pale white skin.

Depending on what class you played you had a different infinity blast to suit it here is a vid and pics for ref to show you and im hoping it stays like that removing the infinity blast from them which made them Dumens would be stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBaHKduUSo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBaHKduUSo

Female Dumen

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i48.tinypic.com/70dedj.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Male Dumen

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i50.tinypic.com/2n6vjbb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

- Fink -
Mar 30, 2013, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a fun. Is it confirmed that there will be Dewmans or is it still undesided?

Ezodagrom
Mar 30, 2013, 10:31 PM
I could have sworn Dumans had the highest defensive stats in 2i
Lowest HP, lowest DFP, lowest EVP, lowest MST and lowest endurance:
http://wog.main.jp/psp2i-wiki/mika/?%E7%A8%AE%E6%97%8F

Sounds like a fun. Is it confirmed that there will be Dewmans or is it still undesided?
Dumans have been in the data since like, dunno, beta tests?
There's even have stats for them in the data.

Mar 30, 2013, 10:32 PM

It was only datamined. Nothing is final or confirmed ...yet.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 10:33 PM
Shows what I know then lol. I played the game for a day, so my only recollection was on something I read before the game came out.

Zyrusticae
Mar 30, 2013, 10:39 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Duman forces getting one-shot excessively.

Seriously, it's going to happen.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 10:39 PM
I think they saved Rico AND Flowen

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 10:40 PM
I will be re-rolling a Dumen+HU/FI all dey errr day baby gotta have it.

Retto
Mar 30, 2013, 10:46 PM
I would hope they just add a race that's aesthetically unique, and doesn't have some kind of OP boost or special abilities.

I'll probably just quit if they make a far superior melee race and expect me to level up all over.

Gardios
Mar 30, 2013, 10:47 PM
Female Dumen

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i48.tinypic.com/70dedj.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Male Dumen

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i50.tinypic.com/2n6vjbb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh man I'd LOVE to get those designs in here.

Slightly unrelated, what's the Braver class? x:

Zyrusticae
Mar 30, 2013, 10:49 PM
They're never going to add a race that's actually "far superior"; they always add up to the same number of total stats, meaning any upgrades in one area equate to downgrades in another area.

And while the game is heavily offensively focused right now, defensive stats do matter, and they'll become more important as they add more difficulty levels and challenge modes like advance quests. Once you get to the point where you start consistently getting one-shot by even normal enemies, well....

Sayara
Mar 30, 2013, 10:49 PM
Dumen? But we got Fo/TE already D;
Luckly it seems Dumen are entirely not my playstyle at all being so glass-cannony as it seems. But seems pretty cool. I didn't like the design sketches either when they first were announced in psp2i. Though never really played them.

Braver was kinda like Acrotech/fighter mixed into one class from PSU.

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2013, 10:51 PM
Oh yeah, and Duman isn't a class it is a race.

Retto
Mar 30, 2013, 10:53 PM
They're never going to add a race that's actually "far superior"; they always add up to the same number of total stats, meaning any upgrades in one area equate to downgrades in another area.

And while the game is heavily offensively focused right now, defensive stats do matter, and they'll become more important as they add more difficulty levels and challenge modes like advance quests. Once you get to the point where you start consistently getting one-shot by even normal enemies, well....

I wouldn't say that defensive stats matter. All you need is to not get one-shotted, but in the case of offensive stats, every little bit helps.

I was more worried about a new race getting some special ability or something. I'm not sure how else they would entice people to play one, in the case of Duman. It just looks like a human with an eyepatch... I wish they would add something unique.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 10:56 PM
No one race is going to suddenly start emitting beam sabers from their hands and deal stupid damage while everyone else is stuck with photon blasts.

I would like to see something that fits the context of this game though.

Zyrusticae
Mar 30, 2013, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't say that defensive stats matter. All you need is to not get one-shotted/combo'd, but in the case of offensive stats, every little bit helps.
FTFY.

It's worth noting that offensive stats suffer from diminishing returns as well. Once you get to the point where you kill enemies in two shots, it takes a huge increase in offensive power to get to the point where you instead one-shot them.

Though, when it comes to bosses, yeah, every little bit helps. But that's what gunners are for...

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 11:08 PM
No one race is going to suddenly start emitting beam sabers from their hands and deal stupid damage while everyone else is stuck with photon blasts.

I would like to see something that fits the context of this game though.

The game series is alrdy futuristic as is whats wrong with beam sabers hell every wep we have is some kinda beam generated weapon aside from the monster ones ofc.

No srsly if thye remove there infinity blast you might as well call them humans cause they are not Dumens without there infinity blast.

But meeh we will see what happens once they broadcast em then all of this speculation can be laid to rest~.

blace
Mar 30, 2013, 11:11 PM
The eye patches they wear are more than cosmetic, it basically holds back their power and unleash in the form of Infinity Blast.

Kierto
Mar 30, 2013, 11:13 PM
It's more that with lower Def stats by some margin you will need to invest more in your Mag Def or whatever to equip the better armors if decent set bonuses and things become prevalent/stronger. Kind of cancelling whatever higher attack stat mod you're sporting. Anything to make hybriding in PSO2 more awkward I guess..

Towards the end of Infinity things pretty much boiled down to HP and if things took 2, 3 or 4 hits to kill you. But then again every class could Perfect Block/Just Guard. Mirage, Nano and SUV still had use in later MAX mission spam rooms and stuff due to its period of invincibilty, which Infinity Blasts didn't have. Can't count how many times I saw Dewmans go splat against Dilla Bravas whirlwinds when trying to be cool.

Also, male Dewman could only have old-man face, hah.

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 11:15 PM
It's more that with lower Def stats by some margin you will need to invest more in your Mag Def or whatever to equip the better armors if decent set bonuses and things become prevalent/stronger. Kind of cancelling whatever higher attack stat mod you're sporting. Anything to make hybriding in PSO2 more awkward I guess..

Towards the end of Infinity things pretty much boiled down to HP and if things took 2, 3 or 4 hits to kill you. But then again every class could Perfect Block/Just Guard. Mirage, Nano and SUV still had use in later MAX mission spam rooms and stuff due to its period of invincibilty, which Infinity Blasts didn't have. Can't count how many times I saw Dewmans go splat against Dilla Bravas whirlwinds when trying to be cool.

Also, male Dewman could only have old-man face, hah.

I feel sorry for those Dumens they are doing it wrong lol.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2013, 11:16 PM
Funny if you go by sega's pso idea and biology there would be 2 races and not 3. It would be humans and casts. All other races aside from casts are just modified humans. :P
All would be homo sapiens. Might not be sapiens sapiens but still. :P

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 30, 2013, 11:24 PM
The game series is alrdy futuristic as is whats wrong with beam sabers hell every wep we have is some kinda beam generated weapon aside from the monster ones ofc.

No srsly if thye remove there infinity blast you might as well call them humans cause they are not Dumens without there infinity blast.

But meeh we will see what happens once they broadcast em then all of this speculation can be laid to rest~.

All I'm saying is the way this game is designed so far, it would be difficult to implement dumans as they were in PSP2i. Hell even casts lost SUVs, to go back to the PBs of PSO, so infinity blasts are unlikely.

Zenobia
Mar 30, 2013, 11:35 PM
All I'm saying is the way this game is designed so far, it would be difficult to implement dumans as they were in PSP2i. Hell even casts lost SUVs, to go back to the PBs of PSO, so infinity blasts are unlikely.

This....is so much true it is killing me......oh dear god THE TERROR THE HORROR THE KJAMFBYIKJAGFHUBNLAIf>kIHUNdc .qafhnu.kjnf!!!!!!!!!!

Kierto
Mar 30, 2013, 11:42 PM
Let's face it, stat mods aside Dewmans in this game will probably just be pale humans with some kind of novelty cosmetic feature and no mechanic difference.

My money is on them having the dip-dye hair that the Profound Darkness Kin and Not-Kuna are sporting and that's it.

Alisha
Mar 30, 2013, 11:48 PM
since most you will never play infinity let alone in english i'm gonna drop a bomb. the titular dewman nagisa is fark falz trapped in human form. she eventually becomes this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGhRksSzXPI

also the quest where you save rico and flowen is BS since you fight olga flow at the end. its just fan service.

Chik'Tikka
Mar 30, 2013, 11:53 PM
since most you will never play infinity let alone in english i'm gonna drop a bomb. the titular dewman nagisa is fark falz trapped in human form. she eventually becomes this:
PSP2i Dark Falz Dios S - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGhRksSzXPI)

also the quest where you save rico and flowen is BS since you fight olga flow at the end. its just fan service.

what did it look like in human form???+^_^+

Eveningxtar
Mar 30, 2013, 11:54 PM
But still Dewman with Infinity blast would be lovely and really liked nagisa's design

Drifting Fable
Mar 31, 2013, 12:00 AM
A tricky situation. Humans, Casts, and Newmen have all exsisted without these "super moves" so it was an easier transition. Beast and Dumans on the other hand have an entire selling point based on that super move. Strip them of that and what's going to make an older fan want to shill in the AC for a character slot? Hense I still say infinity blasts will come back because Sega wants money over measly racial balancing. Duman's gotta look cool and enticing for a player to really want to restart from level 1 all over again, and infinity blast would do the trick. I personally would prefer a merge between Dumans and Beast and just have us lose mags in exchange for transforming into Falz Hunar like beings. But that's just me. Either way, Mags will probably poof for a sake of a meager balance.

Thought realistically, the safest option for SEGA would be that Dumans are probably not going to be called "Dumans" to avoid being subjected to such standards of their predecessor installment. Or Sega simply wont give a hoot and expect its player place to re-level all over again for the sake of eyepatches or what ever aesthetic feature unique to "duman". :-?

Kierto
Mar 31, 2013, 12:05 AM

It's heavily implied Nagisa was an experiment created by Howzer.

In the true end scenario she's not even the one that becomes the host of Dark Falz..

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 31, 2013, 12:24 AM
A tricky situation. Humans, Casts, and Newmen have all exsisted without these "super moves" so it was an easier transition. Beast and Dumans on the other hand have an entire selling point based on that super move. Strip them of that and what's going to make an older fan want to shill in the AC for a character slot? Hense I still say infinity blasts will come back because Sega wants money over measly racial balancing. Duman's gotta look cool and enticing for a player to really want to restart from level 1 all over again, and infinity blast would do the trick. I personally would prefer a merge between Dumans and Beast and just have us lose mags in exchange for transforming into Falz Hunar like beings. But that's just me. Either way, Mags will probably poof for a sake of a meager balance.

Thought realistically, the safest option for SEGA would be that Dumans are probably not going to be called "Dumans" to avoid being subjected to such standards of their predecessor installment. Or Sega simply wont give a hoot and expect its player place to re-level all over again for the sake of eyepatches or what ever aesthetic feature unique to "duman". :-?

Well the thing is Dumans or w/e would still need mags. would they just lose out on the ability to use PBs? I doubt it.

If they do make dumans and do give them infinity blasts, we'll likely see new race based abilities around the same time if only to keep the hate mail to a minimum.

ReaperTheAbsol
Mar 31, 2013, 12:33 AM
I hope Dumans aren't too enticing or otherwise I might reroll as one and abandon Hawk altogether. ._.

blace
Mar 31, 2013, 12:34 AM
It is the supposed episode 2, anything could have change during the transition. Realistically speaking, throwing in a race that original came from being infected by the SEED that pretty much removed their pigmentation turning them extremely pale, to darker infested humans/newmans doesn't seem to fit quite well, especially that scene after defeating Dark Falz Elder where everyone has enhanced physical strength and being able to turn into an amalgation or offshoot of a piece of profound darkness.

Aside from that, wouldn't the kin of the Profound Darkness be classified as dewman/duman due to how they gained their heritage?

Zenobia
Mar 31, 2013, 01:50 AM
Aside from that, wouldn't the kin of the Profound Darkness be classified as dewman/duman due to how they gained their heritage?

Your on to something der seems plausible and make's sense.

SakuRei
Mar 31, 2013, 01:53 AM
Hmm...Eyepatches + pale white skin + lolita/gothic outfits for girls...heheh... ( @w@)

U-uhh...sorry to off-topic about this, my Loli aura just suddenly activated while seeing a female Duman for the first time. xD

Kilich
Mar 31, 2013, 02:25 AM
You know, they could just make lvl 200 mags functionally different. PBs advanced, SUV, IB, nano.

GuardianGirth
Mar 31, 2013, 02:40 AM
As long as they don't have those sickass goiters sticking out of them, i'm all for this.

Vashyron
Mar 31, 2013, 02:43 AM

http://www.devimension.com/dona/psp2i_guide_download.html

It's actually thoroughly explained and not treated as simple fanservice "lol photons." ....It's "lol subspace" instead!

Plus unless I read it wrong or forgotten details since I last read it seemingly changed PSOs ending.

Xaeris
Mar 31, 2013, 03:02 AM
The more and more I hear about the PSP games' plot, the dumber and dumber it sounds.

Alisha
Mar 31, 2013, 03:45 AM
that rico flowen buisiness is not part of the main plot its a post game mission.

blace
Mar 31, 2013, 04:04 AM
Plus unless I read it wrong or forgotten details since I last read it seemingly changed PSOs ending.
Yes and no. Yes, because you as the player stopped sealed darkness from taking over its original host and managed to save Flowen from himself, in a sense.

No, because well, Ash and gang end up being the heroes, while the rest of the unnamed heroes from Pioneer 2 don't get any recognition.

It's all just a ploy to draw fans in with their vague, "Yes, the Universe series is connected to PSO!"

Alisha
Mar 31, 2013, 04:13 AM
that whole buisiness is a clusterfuck because flowen still has his humanity when rico is defeated in pso. thats why i think its just 10th anniversery fanservice.

blace
Mar 31, 2013, 04:17 AM
Yeah, well if the events in PSP2i had actually happened, PSO would probably not have been as big or possibly PSO2 not even happening. That's if the story was true, or you know, subspace.

Edit: I just realised I have hit the 4,000 post milestone. I need to find other things to do.

Rien
Mar 31, 2013, 04:29 AM
Datamined dewmen have pretty bad stats anyway

CASTS still beat them in r/s-attack, Newmans still beat them in t-attack

iirc even humans trumped them, and dewman has less hp than a newman

Zenobia
Mar 31, 2013, 05:14 AM
Datamined dewmen have pretty bad stats anyway

CASTS still beat them in r/s-attack, Newmans still beat them in t-attack

iirc even humans trumped them, and dewman has less hp than a newman

It's been confirmed they have the highest S atk and come in second behind Humans with R atk and T atk they just have low s def and what not unless you have some other source to beat that let me know.

Dycize
Mar 31, 2013, 06:58 AM
You know how they could replicate Infinite Blasts with Photon Blasts and have them make sense?

Make them fuse with the Photon Blast creature.
That would pretty badass in my book, turning into a flying artillery, unicorn warrior or crazy six-armed photon monster.
They can even explain it by "photons did it" (ok, everything is explained by this).
It would be a cross between Beast Nanoblast and Duman Infinity Blast -and- work with the current system.
Plus, it'll allow Sega to sell more mags because your form will be tied to your PB (I guess you could use the PB devices too, but I don't know if their damage changes with the mags' stats).

TheAstarion
Mar 31, 2013, 08:44 AM
Infinity Blasts can be handled one very easy way...

A "Race" class. Paragon, whatever you might wanna call it.

Have the race's unique special as a skill tree activated ability, charged the same way as photon blasts, probably using a shared gauge. Add in little extras like techs, and buffs that aren't useless for newmans, ailment immunities for casts, maybe an extra weapon or cooldown reduction for humans, and you have an interesting alternative to doubling up on similar classes and a reason to play other races for certain combos.

I'm kinda holding out for Beasts, but at this point there's not a lot of hope... plus if they did come out with them I'd have to spend 180 mil on more ears to remake my suspiciously fuzzy newman.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 31, 2013, 10:33 AM

/5char

Merumeru
Mar 31, 2013, 12:19 PM
Oh man, glass cannons, this sounds awesome. Can't wait <3

~Aya~
Mar 31, 2013, 01:30 PM
Oh man, glass cannons, this sounds awesome. Can't wait <3

I want one! Then I can retire HU on Aya and focus FO. Works out perfectly..

Mikessc88
Mar 31, 2013, 02:20 PM
Dumans are like Alice from the Resident Evil movie series. They are supposed to be a glass cannon race. That or they are humans who love mountain dew.

Ezodagrom
Mar 31, 2013, 03:26 PM
I'll probably make one as well, a melee/tech hybrid. Dunno yet which classes I'll use though, I'll wait for info about the future new classes to make a decision.

ShinMaruku
Mar 31, 2013, 03:28 PM
Name her Momiji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa7Ld_btZEE

Omega-z
Mar 31, 2013, 07:29 PM
There's - (hyphen part is Racal background)-

playable

Human - ( "Pure Base" race )
Duman - ( "Hybird" Human / (Darker/SEED/Darkness/Falz/D-cell**) group to a race )
Newman/Neuman - ( "Genetic Mutt Mutation" Human / Bio Monster* /(Darker/SEED/Darkness/Falz/D-cell**)
Cast - ( "Mechanical Pure Base" race )
Motovian - ( "Pure Base" race )
Dezorian/Dezolian - ( "Pure Base" race )
Musk-Cat - ( "Pure Base" race )
Beast - ( "Hybird" Human / Alien died out DNA race)

others in-game

Darker/SEED/Darkness/Falz/D-cell** - ("Evolutionary Ancient Branch" race)
Rappy* - ( "Pure Base" race )
Lilipian - ( "Pure Base" race )
Amduscian/Dragonkin - ( "Pure Base" race )
Ancient's/Holy Light - ( "Advanced Pure Base" race )
Computer/Trinity/MOTHER/Mother Brain*** - ("Mechanical Built" race)
MAG/PM - ("Hybird" (Computer/Trinity/MOTHER/Mother Brain***)/(Darker/SEED/Darkness/Falz/D-cell**) race)
Sub-Cast - ("Replicated Hybird" Cast / (Computer/Trinity/MOTHER/Mother Brain***) replicated race) - (exception is Magashi at time's he would also have (Darker/SEED/Darkness/Falz/D-cell**) too.)
Bio Monster/Native Creatures/Booma...etc.* - ( "Genetic Mutation & Pure Base" races )

Newest group

Photoner - ( "Pure Base" race ) - Guess?

I think that's all of them.

But, Yeah like others have said PSO's timeline is different between the two, the Original & PSP2i version's Which means a Split in the timeline. With the Original it sort of link's to the classic's (ruin's++) And linking to PSZ and going through the event's in Ep.1, Ep.2, Ep.4 then Ep.3. The PSP2i version changes it, It still has the linking to PSZ but change's the ruin references to the two PSU/PSP2i girl's instead. That the story changes after "Central Fire Swirl" when the Central Dome is on fire, when the two step in the story. Making half of Ep.1 not happen and Ep.2, Ep.4 then Ep.3 not happen at all.

Keyblade59
Mar 31, 2013, 10:16 PM
Lillipian Ranger with launcher gimme