PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to reset Episode II Areas?

Konan
Mar 31, 2013, 09:44 AM
I know you can Reset areas in Episode I like Mines and Caves by accepting a quest and quitting, but the only areas you can really reset in Episode II is the VRs and you CANNOT kill the bosses. ( Basicly you can Disconnect the VR field right before the boss and Alpha Beta Areas will be reset. ) I've been trying to farm a Gal Gryphon Wing and I really don't want too online for obvious reasons, so is there a way I could get a downloadable quest for Episode II? Or is there a way to reset Central Control Area?

Kroniedon
Mar 31, 2013, 04:49 PM
Obvious reasons? 0.o

Anyways, why not just save and quit, then restart. Takes alot less time than starting a quest and exiting.

Konan
Apr 1, 2013, 08:06 AM
Obvious reasons? 0.o

Anyways, why not just save and quit, then restart. Takes alot less time than starting a quest and exiting.

Well last time I fought him online I was with 3 other people and we got are asses kicked, after about 20 minutes of just dying and a painful battle he finally went down but still no way in hell im fighting him online again til im at least 160 ( just turned 145 ) anyway I dont like saving it alot after my last memory card corrupt, im just afraid it will happen again. Im only in it for Gal Gryphon Wing ( just one, I like to collect enemy body parts 0.0 ) so I just wanted a fast way to get one.

Kroniedon
Apr 1, 2013, 03:47 PM
xD Ah, ok, now that makes sense. Make sure no one in your party uses Jellen on him next time you fight him as part of a team. Gal doesn't like that.

About the save thing though.. yeah, saving does add wear and tear on your card.. but whenever you load or exit a quest, the game will also auto-save, so really you're screwed either way.

T0m
Apr 2, 2013, 03:19 AM
xD Ah, ok, now that makes sense. Make sure no one in your party uses Jellen on him next time you fight him as part of a team. Gal doesn't like that.

This applies to high level characters with a high amount of HP. Because when Jellen is used on Gal, his lightning attack won't knock down characters with a lot of HP. This lightning attack will hit several times, meaning a near instant death.

While I am not disagreeing with Kroniedon, I don't think applies in your case, because at 145 you'll probably get knocked down, with or without Jellen on Gal.

Isn't there a quest called Requiem available, online? It's not the solution you were looking for, but it would cut down on the time to get to Gal Gryphon.

gigawuts
Apr 2, 2013, 03:34 AM
Hrm, I suppose you're not using the + version? I know the + version has a quest, and I used to use it to reset episode 2 areas myself.

If you don't have it yet, maybe now's a good time to invest in it. It's not too costly, but you will definitely notice your wallet being a bit lighter.

blace
Apr 2, 2013, 04:20 AM
Hrm, I suppose you're not using the + version? I know the + version has a quest, and I used to use it to reset episode 2 areas myself.

If you don't have it yet, maybe now's a good time to invest in it. It's not too costly, but you will definitely notice your wallet being a bit lighter.
How much lighter are we talking about? Amazon shows it as $160.99 to $349.99, and ebay at around $185 to $500.

gigawuts
Apr 2, 2013, 04:21 AM
Jesus, are you looking at sealed new copies only? Because I got mine for 60-70 bucks just two years ago.

blace
Apr 2, 2013, 12:18 PM
New and used when I searched around last night.

Kroniedon
Apr 2, 2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, both new and used copies have skyrocketed in price within the past year alone. I was lucky enough to find myself a few sealed copies of non plus at a pawn shop for $4 a copy a few years back. They're not sealed anymore as I wanted to use them for testing purposes but meh. xD I myself prefer non-plus, but that's just my opinion. If you can connect to the "Popular" server, you can download that one quest.. forgot what it's called.. the one with Elli and the towers, and Kireek and Calus.. and well someone will come along with it's name soon enough I'm sure. xD If not, then I'd really suggest looking into getting a copy of PSO+.. but unless you absolutely need to have it, I wouldn't even bother looking into it. It's a waste of money if you've already got non-plus and can connect online to download offline quests.

blace
Apr 2, 2013, 03:52 PM
I have 3 copies of PSO 1 and 2 plus, 1 was used and bought from GameStop years ago when GameCube was the one console most people wanted. Picked up the other 2 some months down the road for $30 each new.

The mission is Seat of the Heart I believe, I haven't really touched PSO since PSU.

Kroniedon
Apr 2, 2013, 07:07 PM
I have 3 copies of PSO 1 and 2 plus, 1 was used and bought from GameStop years ago when GameCube was the one console most people wanted. Picked up the other 2 some months down the road for $30 each new.

The mission is Seat of the Heart I believe, I haven't really touched PSO since PSU.

That's the one! Seat of the Heart. :D

beachbum233
Apr 2, 2013, 09:30 PM
How much lighter are we talking about? Amazon shows it as $160.99 to $ 349.99, and ebay at around $185 to $500.

I got my copy around the first of the year from the used section on amazon and it was about 45$ and
I just took a look again and they're still about 50 bucks. Used gamecube tech is a seemingly sketchy proposition but I've logged more than 300 hours of play and its panned out so far. Knock on wood. So my personal opinion is that the + version is worth the 50 bucks and the gamble of potential failure. I feel like most of the people reselling this game probably took care of it though.

Konan
Apr 18, 2013, 09:55 AM
Ok first of all sorry for taking so long to reply or even get back on to PSO world i've been having computer troubles but its all taken care of now and im back.

Second off, Tom I have level 29 Jellen and zalure, I ALWAYS use them on everything when I play online, also whenever I fight a boss first thing I use is Jellen/Zalure. ( its just good sense lol ) Also I have 90 ETH so his little lightning don't do jack crap to me lol, not only that but I am immune to shock now :-) so I focus on healing and keeping everyone alive when playing with friends. ( Whenever I play a force with pplz I NEVER cast random spells I only heal and use buffs/Ailments. )

I made a plan that works for me. Instead of just doing Central Control Area and quitting I play through all the areas in Episode II once or twice a day I can get one level a day and still make good farming time for items I want, recently I got 2 CUSTOM BARRIER from Mil Lily -_- have 6 in all now lol. And I promise someone I would get them a YASMINKOV 2000H so i've been working on that but still no luck, if the person im getting this for reads this im sorry but its being mean and won't drop.

Anyway I think i've rambled on for long enough lol. I want to say Thank you for everyone who posted on here and I always appreciate the help on here from everyone and this site. I hope some of you post on here again because I would love to hear your other thoughts about Gal Gryphon and Episode 2, also I will look into getting PSO + only got $25 atm but I plan on making more money when Yard Sales come up on the 17th. Anyway lol if ppl cared bout that stuff they would message me or add me xD ^^;