PDA

View Full Version : What happens when....

rayner
Apr 2, 2003, 02:27 PM
... all you feed your MAG is Star Atomizers from level 5 on? All your stats will be the same so at level 10 it will evolve depending on what character class you have ie. Hunter / Ranger / Force... but at level 35 what happens? I was just wondering while looking at the feeding guide. lol

rayner
Apr 3, 2003, 10:14 AM
Is this a stupid question or does nobody know. At level 35 all 3 stats ( POW, DEX & MIND ) which alter the transformation would be equal... so what does the MAG transform into?

Guntz348
Apr 3, 2003, 10:50 AM
I've heard rumors from back in the DC v2 days that you would get some sort of rare mag if you fed it only stars all the way to level 200. There were people who swore that you could do it back in V1 and V2, but some of them said you needed a cell to do it. Always wanted to try it, but never got around to it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

gideonx
Apr 3, 2003, 11:24 AM
that would be interesting to test, but somehow I doubt it. Also there are other ways besides stars to get all your stats equal so unless the game takes a log of everything you feed your mag it's unlikely.

Yoda86
Apr 3, 2003, 07:01 PM
That is an excellent question. I've always wondered how mag evolution was determined beyond level 10 if two of the stats were equal. But as your mag progresses, some of the stats will not rise as much or go negative if you feed it the star atomizer. So in reality, the mag's stat bars will eventually become unequal in this manner.

gideonx
Apr 3, 2003, 07:07 PM
Yeah just so you know i figured it out... In EP 1&2 you would just get one of the 4th lvl evolutions because they are all
X+X=X+X
SO say your stats got to 25/25/25/25 it would then turn into whatever mag your section ID gets. Also I spoke to someone with a 50/50/50/50 Nidra so i think this theory is f-a-l-s-e

VulpesMundi
Apr 3, 2003, 08:26 PM
It is possible (though difficult) to keep stats even depending on two factors: who you feed it with (class and ID) and what you feed it. It's actually been proven that 3rd evolution MAGs (level 50+, not including the 4th evolution E1&2 MAGs) actually have different evolutions if stats are equal. I did some research on this subject back in version 2, but never completed the list because it was long and annoying. I will list what I found out, though, just for posterity's sake.

A-hunter POW=DEX>MIND makes a Kabanda.
A-hunter DEX=MIND>POW makes a Varaha.
A-hunter DEX>POW=MIND makes a Nandin.
A-hunter MIND>POW=DEX makes a Kabanda.
B-hunter POW=MIND>DEX makes an Apsaras.
B-hunter POW=DEX=MIND makes a Varaha.

If I ever really get bored I may someday go back and complete the list (it'd be a long chore, as there's 42 different outcomes).

Yoda86
Apr 3, 2003, 08:29 PM
If I was online right now Vulpes I would fund you with my 30 fresh MAGs straight from the Mines. I seem to get at least one on every single run.

rayner
Apr 4, 2003, 08:28 AM
On 2003-04-03 16:07, gideonx wrote:
Yeah just so you know i figured it out... In EP 1&2 you would just get one of the 4th lvl evolutions because they are all
X+X=X+X
SO say your stats got to 25/25/25/25 it would then turn into whatever mag your section ID gets. Also I spoke to someone with a 50/50/50/50 Nidra so i think this theory is f-a-l-s-e

Defense starts at level 5 so your defense will always be 5 more than the rest of the stats. ie. if the POW, DEX & MIND were 25... defense would be 30 correct? So it wouldn't turn into a 4th evolution Mag... maybe he got 50/50/50/50 some other way besides feeding it Star Atomizers?

rayner
Apr 4, 2003, 08:40 AM
On 2003-04-03 16:01, Yoda86 wrote:
That is an excellent question. I've always wondered how mag evolution was determined beyond level 10 if two of the stats were equal. But as your mag progresses, some of the stats will not rise as much or go negative if you feed it the star atomizer. So in reality, the mag's stat bars will eventually become unequal in this manner.

Acording to the guide here on PSO world at level 10 the MAG will turn into either Varuna, Vritra or Kalki depending on which class raises the MAG.

Then if it turns into Surya, Tapas, Vayu or Mitra at level 35 feeding it Star Atomizers will keep all stats equal.

At level 50 if it turns into Apsaras, Varaha, Ushasu, Kaitabha, Kumara, Bhirava or Kama feeding it Star Atomizers will continue to keep all stats equal.

I'm going to try to do this and post my results... eventually as this may take a long time.

rayner
Apr 4, 2003, 09:22 AM
Ummm... I think this site is wrong with some of the feeding stats. I just fed a baby MAG 8 Star atomizers with a RAmarl ... it turned into Kalki... then I fed it another and not all 4 stats were the same? In the guide on this site it says all 4 stats will go up 14 points and when I did it... Def & dex were more than Pow & mind. Guess there goes that idea... lol