PDA

View Full Version : Ramarl: EVP or MST?

Elusive_Llama
Apr 2, 2003, 02:27 PM
If you were given the chance to eat exactly 51 of either Evade or Mind materials on your Ramarl, which would you prefer? 102 EVP? 102 MST? No mixing of materials....either evade or mind, but not both.

I'm leaning towards the MST for the added tp, which can come in handy when you need to bust off restas. I have this feeling that EVP is one of those stats in which a high rating means very little in online ultimate.

ABDUR101
Apr 2, 2003, 02:44 PM
I'd say MST, just because you should have better defense than EVP.

But definitely MST over EVP, much more of a benefit.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 2, 2003, 02:53 PM
You must have meant DFP over EVP, resulting in higher defense than evade. That's been taken care of. My method of 'max stats' for my ramarl allows me to have 4 slots free and still max everything except for 299 MST points.

Because the difference between level 200 EVP and max EVP is 102 EVP points, that translates into 51 evade mats. Instead of eating 51 evade mats for max evasion, I was thinking of eating 51 mind mats instead. Two stats would not be maxed, but they're a tradeoff for 4 free slots (God/Battle and 3 God/HPs, anyone?)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 2, 2003, 03:29 PM
More mst would mean more HP for resta.

EVP is tough to decide, since while you're evading an attack, you're getting hit over and over in ultimate and get gang banged :3

... flip a coin =;_;=

ABDUR101
Apr 2, 2003, 03:46 PM
On 2003-04-02 11:53, Elusive_Llama wrote:
You must have meant DFP over EVP, resulting in higher defense than evade. That's been taken care of. My method of 'max stats' for my ramarl allows me to have 4 slots free and still max everything except for 299 MST points.

Yes, I was referring that you should have better DFP than EVP, and better MST over EVP. As in, EVP should be around the bottom of your list because there are other attributes which are much more important and beneficial.

Keep your slots open for defense, hit, battle, create(HP or TP) and tech resistances.

Jae
Apr 2, 2003, 03:52 PM
I went for the EVP, but now I'm starting to wonder myself if I should have boosted another stat. It's nice to be able to block a good portion Arlan/Merlan hits (with jellen cast), but my high EVP is still pretty much useless in Seabed. I really don't know, perhaps I wasted some of my mat limit. Hopefully that extra EVP will start to shine as I level up some more.

Having said that, I'm leaning towards you boosting your Mind stat. With 0 Mind on my MAG and me not eating any mind mats at all, my TP hovers around a sad 780 right now. Not only that, but my level 20 Resta feels like a HUmar's resta. It only recovers around 440 hp per shot. 0_o

MadCowChuck_
Apr 2, 2003, 04:06 PM
Well...and of course, this is just personal opinion...I'd take the 51 mind mats and trade 'em in for 51 power mats! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EVP only dictates evasion of melee, non-elemental attacks. Of course DFP is much more of a benefits, since it dictates the resistance of all non-elemental attacks and also does supposedly play a small role in evasion.

The 102 TP is...nice...but the TP you have is probably enough for a RAnger. All you need to do is S/D/J/Z/Anti and whatever dmg techs, like rafoie. Skip the mind and carry more fluids!

However, I'd play it into whatever helps you max your stats most...so if you already have a plan to max evasion or mind, go with whatever fits.

Also, as mentioned, EVP is the bottom-of-the-barrel statistic. High EVP is nice, but it won't save you very much...

Elusive_Llama
Apr 2, 2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys, mind mats it is. I have a way to max all my stats if I wanted to, but the freedom of 4 free slots is too tempting.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 2, 2003, 04:15 PM
think of it this way. ur a ramarl so that means ur barely gunna get hit. ur mainly gunna b back shooting ppl so i would go with the mst over the evp.

Krank40oz
Apr 2, 2003, 07:03 PM
Dude i would have to go with the eva matts, because i used alot on my HUmar and im lv 131 in mines and block almost everything! LOL gues what u lik e it is up to u!

OdinTyler
Apr 2, 2003, 07:25 PM
On 2003-04-02 13:08, Elusive_Llama wrote:
Thanks guys, mind mats it is. I have a way to max all my stats if I wanted to, but the freedom of 4 free slots is too tempting.

I hope I'm not too late to stop you! I've become somewhat of an expert on RAmarls. If it's between Evasion & Mind DEFINITELY go with Evasion! Accuracy is of prime importance to a RAmarl (as high as it is to start, you want to get it high quick) but since you're asking of other stats, evasion is the way to go. This is not to say mind isn't important. You'll want to take advantage of her mental abilities. However, think of her as a good alternative to a HUcaseal. Just like a HUcaseal, she's fast & quite the nimble little minx. Coupling accuracy w/the speed to "dodge" incoming attacks better makes for a good mix. If you're not using Arm slot items, you could use Mind ones for now while using those Evade Mats. I've loved my RAmarl since I first started using her & have been using her again frequently (as of recent). I just hope you get this msg quick (& save those Mind mats for a force that needs em)...like my FOmarl! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AppieDPC
Apr 3, 2003, 09:06 AM
hmmmm evp or mst had same prob on my HUnewearl but i went 4 a bit of def and mind. Def and evp work close 2gether. My def will b max at lv 200 but my evp will have its base evp at lv 200 (didnt do shyt on evp mats lol)( base max of huney is 666 acording 2 this site http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) If this pays off ill have 2 wait and c im lv 91 now and with some lv 20 jellen and deband the enemies just hit me 4 about 50-150) which is in spaceship ult (normal hits from enemies like a slash from a gilchic or gulgus)
If im gonna need evp later on? I'll have 2 wait and c if i do need it ill just use 2 ..../Legs units and still have 2 slots free 4 a god battle (if im lucky 2 get 1) and a cure freeze or something. I went 4 mst cause i kinda like my spells stuff. A good healin resta always comes in handy. And techs that do damage also (always handy on falz or pan arms or something) Besides that i found def more important 4 a hunter than evp also made me go 4 mind (and bit dfp mats)

As ramarl i wouldnt know on 1 side i think hmmm evp means last minute shootin and fast runnin
And mind means better at supporting a team
If you dont wanna support that much go 4 evp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-04-03 06:07 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Apr 3, 2003, 09:28 AM
Thanks for trying to help, but I've made up my mind ;>

As I've said before, my method will max every stat except MST. In order to max my EVP, I would have to eat 51 evade mats. Instead of eating evade mats, I'll eat mind mats and live with a non-maxed EVP in return for a bit more resta power and more tp. It's not like I expect to support the team all the time, it's a question of which stat is more useful overall.