PDA

View Full Version : GC: To remake or not... that is the question

MetalGriever
Apr 2, 2003, 03:46 PM
I finally did some number crunching as to how many mats I used on my HUne and calculated my final stats at lv200 (not including HP) and was shocked at how many def mats I've used. I'm at 160 now and am debating on whether or not to remake at this point.

Power: 36 Final ATP w/125pow mag,g/power: 1207

Defense: 44 Final DFP: 589

Mind: 22 Final MST: 929

Final ATA w/45dex mag,units: 192

Evade: 37 Final EVP: 740

Luck: 11 Final luck: 32

Mag is 23/125/45/7 btw. Man I screwed up royally...

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 2, 2003, 03:47 PM
Make a second HUnewearl, but don't delete your freaking 160 :3

MetalGriever
Apr 2, 2003, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I'd hate for those 600+ hours to be all in vain.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 2, 2003, 04:18 PM
yea dont delete. i would stick with that 1 cuz hes not all that screwed up lol.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 2, 2003, 04:32 PM
Hmm...prognosis not looking good. Still able to salvage ATP, LCK and a decent amount of ATA though. Aint gonna be easy...but...

1) 2 God/Abilities, 1 God/Luck, 1 God/Arm (God/Abilities add 2 ATA each)

2) Mag with Def 5, Pow 145, Dex 50, Mind 0.

You'll end up with final stats of:

ATP 1237
DFP 589
MST 969
ATA 191
EVP 780
LCK 100

You're off by 208 MST, 8 ATA and 31 EVP. Not unsalvageable, if you ask me.

AppieDPC
Apr 3, 2003, 09:45 AM
hmmmm
my HUnewearl:
70 pow mats
30 luck mats
25 mind mats
25 def mats

Mag
Def 10
Pow 25
Dex 90
Mind 75

Units (in the end wil b)
God/Battle
Cure/Freeze (prolly or somethin like it)
God/Legs
God/Power

So in the end I'll have
1075 atp
589 dfp (2 much dfp mats lol now its gonnna b overmaxed lololol)
1085 mst
192 ata
706 evp
70 luck

i kinda overlooked the fact of the units when i decided this (cause usually i have like 2 god battles cure freeze (state maintenance back on dc) and a perfect resist in them since v1 lol
Still should make a good huney lol. Though if i could do it again i would have taken the god/abilties instead of the legs and power and use less mats on the god/ability regions lol. Oh well lol sure as hell aint gonna delete it (although she is just 91 and not 160 like urs lol) defintly no delete lol remake ur mag look at ur units bound 2 come something out of it. I can still salvage mine lol so so can you.

good advice elusive but why 145 pow? He already has 1207 with 125 pow mag so 140 will b enough lol then he can spend 5 on mind makin him miss that max stat just by 198 lol its a lil but 10mst is 2 or so more damage with spells lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-04-03 06:48 ]</font>

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 3, 2003, 02:11 PM
actually I have a question which is related to this topic..

what MATs should I use on my RAmarl (apart from the obvisous luck mats)... I've been holding off using any.

also.. what happens if you hit your max for one of your stats..

lets say you used loads of def MATs and maxed your defense.. since it would no longer level up... would you have wasted a bunch of defense mats? since you could have just waited until you hit lvl200 and then used fewer mats to hit your maximum.

that make sense?

MonkeyFunky
Apr 3, 2003, 03:31 PM
start a new character on another memory card.

that way, if your new character somehow gets corrupted, you can fall back on your old one.

just a suggestion.

R

Layrinn
Apr 3, 2003, 03:49 PM
On 2003-04-02 12:47, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
Make a second HUnewearl, but don't delete your freaking 160 :3

For real... good god, how could you even consider deleting Zeota? Sure, your stats aren't gonna be perfect... but by the time you hit 200, is it really gonna matter all that much? The only stats I would personally be all that upset over not maxing would be Luck and ATA. Make a new mag and keep on truckin'.

I also like FunkyMonkey's suggestion. If you do decide to start a new HUnny, put her on a separate memory card... just in case.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 3, 2003, 04:12 PM
actually I have a question which is related to this topic..

what MATs should I use on my RAmarl (apart from the obvisous luck mats)... I've been holding off using any.

General guide line:

45 Luck mats
175 power mats
30 defense mats

EVP is not worth very much, and MST isn't a top statistic for Ramarls. They suffer from lack of ATP early on, so you need those power mats to boost her up.

Don't consume more than 201 power mats, or you'll have wasted your mat limit on that stat. The difference between level 200 ATP and max ATP is 402 points, which is 201 materials.

lets say you used loads of def MATs and maxed your defense.. since it would no longer level up... would you have wasted a bunch of defense mats? since you could have just waited until you hit lvl200 and then used fewer mats to hit your maximum.

Yes, that's why PSOW has guides on character stats. Just go to the home page and click on guides, then search for it. That's why some people are so obsessed with preplanning material usage so they can be powerful now and not have wastage when they hit level 200.

Look up the stat on the chart at level 200, compare it to the max stats, find the difference and divide by 2 to see the limit on a certain type of mat for your character. I had a way to max all the stats on a ramarl - it's somewhere on this forum. I went with my other way, which would max every stat except MST/EVP but give me the power to equip 3 god/hps in addition to the god/battle.

ginko990
Apr 3, 2003, 06:45 PM
Remake. No one wants you around anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ginko990
Apr 3, 2003, 07:00 PM
On a side note, My HUnewearl, Ginko Baloba is the worst made charactser ever, stats wise. i used every mat i found with her. Shes lvl 186 now, and Im not about to eve think about restarting.

MetalGriever
Apr 4, 2003, 09:41 AM
On 2003-04-03 15:45, ginko990 wrote:
Remake. No one wants you around anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Gee thanks for the vote of confidence. >< Anyway I decided against it seeing as at this point I'm just a shade over 1/4 of the way to 200 so why stop now?

Stricker
Apr 4, 2003, 10:00 AM
Do what ever you want but don't delete it.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Apr 4, 2003, 05:56 PM
General guide line:

45 Luck mats
175 power mats
30 defense mats

EVP is not worth very much, and MST isn't a top statistic for Ramarls. They suffer from lack of ATP early on, so you need those power mats to boost her up.

Don't consume more than 201 power mats, or you'll have wasted your mat limit on that stat. The difference between level 200 ATP and max ATP is 402 points, which is 201 materials.

Yes, that's why PSOW has guides on character stats. Just go to the home page and click on guides, then search for it. That's why some people are so obsessed with preplanning material usage so they can be powerful now and not have wastage when they hit level 200.

Look up the stat on the chart at level 200, compare it to the max stats, find the difference and divide by 2 to see the limit on a certain type of mat for your character. I had a way to max all the stats on a ramarl - it's somewhere on this forum. I went with my other way, which would max every stat except MST/EVP but give me the power to equip 3 god/hps in addition to the god/battle.

ok thanks for the info.. however.. let look at this another way

Lets make some pretend figures..

lets say your LvL 200 ATP is 600 (when using no MATs)
and your max ATP is 800 (when using MATs)

if I was to use enough MATs to get it to 600.. would the proceeding level ups not increase it since its already at the lvl 200 max? or will it continue to add to it until it hits it's absolute max (being 800).

hope that makes sense.

Tulathis
Apr 4, 2003, 06:04 PM
lets say your LvL 200 ATP is 600 (when using no MATs)
and your max ATP is 800 (when using MATs)

if I was to use enough MATs to get it to 600.. would the proceeding level ups not increase it since its already at the lvl 200 max? or will it continue to add to it until it hits it's absolute max (being 800).
You could still use mats to go past your base level 200 stat. As long as you hadn't used all your allowable mats already (150 or 250) and as long as you're not trying to increase it past your character's limit.