PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the PA Power stat

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 2, 2013, 10:52 PM
I find myself a bit confused when comparing PAs. For something like a level 15 Nova Strike, a PA that has multiple hits, can be charged, and deals more hits charged than uncharged, what does the Power stat refer to? Is it supposed to be the total "modifier" overall totaling up every single hit for a charged use? Or is it per individual hit? Straight Charge for Knuckles also charge, but they hit the same number of times, just significantly harder. How does that stack up with the Power stat?

For stuff like Sneak Shooter and Homing Emission, I feel even more confused. Level 15 Homing Emission is 411 Power while level 15 Sneak Shooter is 276. Mine are only 14 (but the difference shouldn't be that significant), but I don't feel like the numbers I get make any sense with the Power stat. A single missle from a Homing Emission does less damage than damage than a Sneak Shooter, so the 411 is obviously not for a single missile. But it's certainly not 411/6, as a single missile only does a small percentage less than a Sneak Shooter, from what I feel. And at the same time, a full 6 shot shotgunned Homing Emission is definitely doing more than 1.5x a Sneak Shooter.

When I use Divine Launcher (348 ) vs. Rodeo Drive (401) on a weak point, I feel like they do virtually the same range of damage (close to 6.5k). But Rodeo Drive hits up to 3 times on a single target from what I can tell, so it just confuses me even more.

Am I just better off flat out ignoring the Power stat?

Syklo
Apr 2, 2013, 10:56 PM
Am I just better off flat out ignoring the Power stat?

Pretty much.
Compare illusion rave with deadly archer. By power stat, illusion rave wins.
In practice? DA wins ×6.
Sometimes it's a modifier applied to individual hits, sometimes it's for every possible hit in the entire PA.

UnLucky
Apr 2, 2013, 11:02 PM
Sometimes it's for more hits than the PA/Technic can possibly connect with on the same target

Though it's supposed to be a percentage, so a 200 power PA should do twice as much as a regular attack.