PDA

View Full Version : Fo/Fi Mag Build/General Advice

rTekku
Apr 3, 2013, 10:05 AM
So I played a FOmarl back in PSO. I used a combination of sabers and handguns along with techs for offense and support. I was hoping to build a similar character in PSO2 and from my understanding a Force/Fighter would be the combination for me.

However, I haven't been able to find much information on how I should properly build my mag for this class. I originally used two different mags in PSO, but I think I read somewhere that you can only have one mag in this game...Not exactly sure about this though. Regardless of that, I was hoping for some advice on a mag build.

I'd also appreciate any other general advice on playing a Fo/Fi. I've played a bit of PSO2 before, but I stopped playing thinking the Western version would be releasing soon...but since they delayed it, I figured i'd go ahead and get some experience under my belt. Had a level 12 character, but didn't really understand the game much, so i'm starting fresh. I've read a couple threads in the guide section and I feel better prepared this time :)

Thanks for the help in advance.

BlankM
Apr 3, 2013, 10:18 AM
You can have multiple mags, but you must buy them. They're 300AC I believe.

From my understanding of Fo/Fi, they're simply forces who use fighter stances for the damage multipliers. I don't think they melee much, though you could proly use gunslashes or all-class mechs to regain PP.

Fo/Fi with a T-atk mag is the way to go if you want to equip the best rods and deal the most damage with techs. The build thread has a build for it laid out on its first post.

GreenArcher
Apr 3, 2013, 10:19 AM
If you are hoping for hybrid in terms of mixing melee and tech you would probably be best off going for FO/HU and using a Madam Umbrella (all class sword, has built in t-atk as well). Most people are going to tell you not to bother running a hybrid setup and to instead focus on one thing.

In this game you can only equip the items that your main class can equip. As a FO/FI you would be limited to Rod/Talis/Gunslash. You have access to the photon arts with fighter weapons since you have fighter subbed, but you will only be able to equip "all class" fighter weapons, which are very few.

BlankM
Apr 3, 2013, 10:22 AM
I would suggest Fi/Fo for hybrid as thats what I'm running. The synergy between stances as well as techs for status effects help fighter.

What makes you suggest Fo/Hu? I'm curious what the benefits would be, aside from Over-end and zondeel action. I currently use a Coat Edge and am wondering what I could do for the times I have to play this class.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 3, 2013, 12:28 PM
only reason to go fo/hu is that there are swords that boost T atk while the same can't be said for any fighter weapons. I agree though if you're going to insist on a hybrid you're better off with fi/fo.

Fighter has better natural T atk
Fighter stances boost techs.
Force has AoE cover so Fighter's single target DPS evens it out more.
SEs from techs boost melee damage with the right build
When you play Fo/Fi to level Fo, fighter will help much more for damage than Hu ever would.

Get an umblla stick asap though as this will allow you to use techs almost as well as a force would.

I'd strongly encourage you to buy a second mag though. When you play Fo/Fi you won't be doing much melee.

Reason to go Fi/Fo over Fo/Fi is that as a fighter main you can actually use fighter weapons. The all class fighter weapons are almost all very bad so if you want to be able to melee effectively you'll want to main Fighter. Alternatively you could just use a GS and ignore Fighter weapons completely, but you'll find GS in this game really doesn't help force much outside of refilling that PP meter,

rTekku
Apr 3, 2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all of the advice. This sounds harder than I thought it would be lol.

So there's a difference between Fi/Fo and Fo/Fi? Would I start off as a Hunter then and switch over to Force after I unlock Fighter?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 3, 2013, 01:52 PM
That's probably for the best, but I would try playing Fo a bit too. you lose nothing by switching classes and you may find that you really like just plain teching with more experience. But given that you want fighter in there somewhere it's probably best to unlock it right away.

There are definitely differences between them though. Check my build thread for info about subclasses and if you still have questions, feel free to ask.

rTekku
Apr 3, 2013, 01:54 PM
I'll probably just start off as Hunter, unlock fighter, but play Fo on the side as well for the time being. Thanks =)

And yeah I read your thread. It helped a lot seeing as I had no idea subclasses even existed when I first started playing lol.

BlankM
Apr 3, 2013, 04:40 PM
I would NOT start out hunter unless you really get bored of playing FO. I mean Hunter sub does help with iron will and guard stance buffs coming, but Hunter will end up being your highest class. Meaning you'll be wasting levels once you get to 30 and want to do some CO's for your subs.

If you level FO first not only will you not be wasting levels by using it, but you'll probably have an easier time solo'ing. FO's are just plain easier to use. Force is also a helpful subclass to hunter while vice versa all you get is iron will. Force subclass will get you zondeel, heals etc.

UnLucky
Apr 3, 2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, it's a good idea to unlock content and COs by getting one class to lv40ish first to help raise your subs.

However, it's not hard to get a couple classes each to lv20, which will be a large part of their utility as a subclass, and you'll know a bit more about how you want to play.

Hunter will help give your Fighter more melee damage, but if you're focusing on techs (like with your mag and units), then you'd be better off subbing Force while leveling.