PDA

View Full Version : The Japanese name puzzles me...

Eagle
Apr 2, 2003, 05:18 PM
Did you know the Japanese name for Demon is Yasha so when sega made PSO they ment to name Yasha Demon...Hmmm What does Sange mean?Angel?Angel & Demon hmmm wierd any gueses for any oter weapons? Zanba Guld Milla maybe?

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 2, 2003, 05:56 PM
heh, remeber Sega is a japanese company and a USA company.
there are other names that are japanese-ish

Yamato = one fo the generals that planed pearl harbor attack

i forgot ther other, all my characters have japanese-like names

i'm like anime

Ryo Hayasa (Hayasa was giving to me as alast name by a good friend )
translated it would mean

Hunter the Swift/Fast/Quick not Dragon Ryu = Dragon
Ryo = hunter
funny thing is, i'm not a hunter..i just like the name Ryo

rena-ko
Apr 3, 2003, 07:16 AM
sange means 'dying a glorious death' in one way of meaning. also buddhistic repetation (chanting maybe?).

yasha means female or indian demon (yaksa) (different sources say different things).

the others are mostly named after famous japanese ww2-battleships (who may be named after generals, i dont really know).

Rock_Howard
Apr 3, 2003, 12:07 PM
Musashi is named after the Japanese samurai Miyamoto Musashi who was known for his creation of the Nitten Ichi Ryu sword style. It's a double sword style, hence the two blades you get.

marionettemaster
Apr 3, 2003, 12:54 PM
true that yamato was a battlship during wwII.. but it means "japanese spirit"

kamui means "protecter of the gods" and "destroyer of the gods" or something like that... haven't watched x for a long time and forget what they say of kamui's name, heh

not sure of zanba, but it was sanosuke's (kenshin) hiring name... and he had a huge sword too, though i forget what that was called

not sure if snow queen has to do anything with ice demon/oni/fairy of japanese lore

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: marionettemaster on 2003-04-03 10:08 ]</font>

TheDarkRaven
Apr 3, 2003, 11:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that Zanba means "big sword" in Japanese, but i'm not totally sure.

gideonx
Apr 4, 2003, 01:16 AM
I think angel=Shinto... Might be wrong though