PDA

View Full Version : New to PSO2, few questions :)

Wingsy
Apr 6, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hey there!

I'm very much new to PSO2, with very "vague' memories of the dreamcast version! Over the past few days I've been reading a few guides, browsing the forums etc answering as many of my own questions before diving in ( 10min on download left!)

Just to ramble, I'm sure plenty of these questions may have been asked, although I wasn't able to find them personally , so I apologize if these questions have been asked a million times :)

As English been my primary language, It seems ship 2 is the one populated by this majority?
And as been a restaurant manager, I normally do my gaming late at night to relax after work, so majority of friends/family will be snoozing around this time, I was wondering if this game is friendly to the "solo" community? or must you group progress forwards? and if so, is it difficult to find group if that is the case?

I've been looking over a few guides, some are more easier to understand then others, but in a simple sense, with soloing going to be my main play style, what would you recommend to be an easier solo class? Although with these types of games I do enjoy the utility/healer role.

How forgiving is the "talent tree's"? are respecs expensive/hard to come by?

Is there any guides that you could personally recommened that helped you/ could help me?

Again I apologize if these have been asked numerous times before!

Many thanks, look forward to seeing some of you out there :)

Cheers Wingsy

Arrow
Apr 6, 2013, 12:14 PM
The build thread/ class discussions might help you decide which class, but if support is what you want, yer primary would be Force. ( some classes have other support abilities though)
you can buy resets for the skill treesw/ real money. Theres supposedly a reset coming around eventual/maybe/never with an update to the trees.
Ship 2 is the majority and no matter what someone will be on at almost any time.
Don't worry bout solo, the NPC meatshields you can bring along will be plenty of help.

Wingsy
Apr 6, 2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the reply! I thought it was nearly finished downloading, but after the installation I forgot about the patches :P So looks like i have abit more time to decide how/what i want to play.

Thanks again!

Smithee
Apr 6, 2013, 01:00 PM
I do pretty much the same thing as you so I play from like 8:00 to 4:00. XD You'll have no problem finding people to play with

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 6, 2013, 01:01 PM
The build thread talks about individual classes in addition to explaining sub classes, showing skills you want to avoid and so on. Seeing as I wrote it, it kinda sounds like a shameless plug, but the OP really is meant to help new people while the rest of the thread is discussion.

Check it out.

Wingsy
Apr 6, 2013, 01:43 PM
Will do sir, thankyou kindly