PDA

View Full Version : Pay for new slot or make 2nd account?

DarkRenge
Apr 8, 2013, 10:23 AM
What are the benefits associated with buying a new character?
I feel there has to be an incentive here.
I would've posted in the other thread but it's closed.

Caledonia
Apr 8, 2013, 10:32 AM
Other thread?

Well the benefits for me of a second character:

Shared storage, If I find a shiny on one character, the other can have it immediately, no need to pay for premium for both to trade
"Bound" items are bound to the account so both characters can use them/it
Shared money
Two sets of TACO runs on the same account = more money
Team Client orders can be done faster. 3000 points/six requests (if you have three characters 3000 points/nine requests etc)
If you're good/fast/Bellion you can get two Elder Falz runs in per EQ

that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

DarkRenge
Apr 8, 2013, 10:42 AM
Someone was inquiring about purchasing a character before. I think I will if I ever want an alt. Thank you for the info. :-)

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 11:40 AM
Each account gets its own FUN every day, a separate Partner Card (which you can use yourself), you can invite your own alts for badges, and send yourself Good Jobs. You can also safely remake your character if it's the only one on the account.

Premium stuff is per account, so if you were going to grab that you'd only have to pay for it once for all your characters if they're under one ID.

But yeah, they're not slots. You pay to create the character the one time. If you delete it you can't make another character for free. You only get a free one if you delete ALL your characters on the account.

Bellion
Apr 8, 2013, 03:50 PM
If you're good/fast/Bellion you can get two Elder Falz runs in per EQ

Sorry, wut?

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 06:03 PM
Is Elder Falz eligibility account based? So you do Arms at least once on one character (or switch) and then you can do Elder, then switch? Can't you do that with multiple accounts anyway, or does logging off lock you out? I thought you could switch blocks and still go, which can count as relogging in some cases.

Bellion
Apr 8, 2013, 06:18 PM
Basically, you have to do the arms run for each character you have. Logging off or switching blocks is fine. You can even leave an Elder fight mid-match and join another if you're not satisfied with the progress.

Z-0
Apr 8, 2013, 06:21 PM
You can even miss a Falz if you had to, and jump into an Elder Falz without doing arms the next time, as you still have the "Arms completed" trigger.

I did that once because I had to go, and just logged on as Elder spawned a day later. :3

Inazuma
Apr 8, 2013, 06:33 PM
You can even miss a Falz if you had to, and jump into an Elder Falz without doing arms the next time, as you still have the "Arms completed" trigger.

I did that once because I had to go, and just logged on as Elder spawned a day later. :3

Oh really? That's good to know.