PDA

View Full Version : Dragon sanctuary outdated items-wise?

kabutozero
Apr 8, 2013, 10:53 AM
Since the new update shouldn't bring a new mode.... unless dragon sanctuary vh is 60 for some reason ( doubt it) does that mean all it brings item-wise will be outdated with the things from spellstone shop / aq?

Jakosifer
Apr 8, 2013, 10:57 AM
SUMMONER STAFF WILL HAVE 1.4k T.ATK
EXCALIBUR ARDILLO WILL HAVE 1.2k S.ATK

Sp-24
Apr 8, 2013, 10:57 AM
It will most likely have small updates to the item roster - a new rifle or launcher that is as godlike as Dragon Slayer, 1 or 2 more 10☆s, and lots of garbage 7-9☆s (and maybe, but very unlikely, one good one among them).

Requiem Aeternam
Apr 8, 2013, 11:03 AM
Hopefully it comes with more all-class weapons. All-class Wand please Sega.

Zenobia
Apr 8, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hopefully it comes with more all-class weapons. All-class Wand please Sega.

Nupe no all class wand for chu~!

Gardios
Apr 8, 2013, 11:07 AM
I'll flip tables if the sword wand is all-class.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 11:08 AM
I'll flip tables if the sword wand is all-class.

Why? I'd love that. D:

Dycize
Apr 8, 2013, 11:12 AM
There is an all class wand, it's called Lambda Regalia.
And as bad as it seems, it's still miles better than, say, the all class knuckles (they almost have the same stats and are... waaay outdated).

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 11:13 AM
There is an all class wand, it's called Lambda Regalia.
And as bad as it seems, it's still miles better than, say, the all class knuckles (they almost have the same stats and are... waaay outdated).

More is always better though. also it's a sword wand. I'd love to use it as a FI/TE.

Dycize
Apr 8, 2013, 11:23 AM
I agree that more choice is cool, particularly when it comes to all class weapons.
The sword wand does look like it would be cool on a FI/TE. Sega needs to release more badass wands (a big medieval looking mace would be so fitting).

gigawuts
Apr 8, 2013, 11:24 AM
That awesome sword wand model seems completely wasted on wands. Without any actual neat moves to do, all you do is throw spacemagic off of it and whack it around with 3 meager animations - attack 1, attack 2, and attack 3.

Now I REALLY wish they'd create wand PA's.

Gardios
Apr 8, 2013, 11:27 AM
Why? I'd love that. D:

That's the only thing that makes non-techer players jelly. ;_;

Z-0
Apr 8, 2013, 11:41 AM
Dragon Altar goes up to 55, which means it'll be pulling items from a 51~55 drop table and a 46~50 drop table.

I highly doubt the items in there will be superior to AQ rares...

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2013, 11:54 AM
Fifty... five... Dang it, and I was so comfortable with my levels.

I doubt the items will be completely outdated. Yes, you can get better things through Falz and AQs, probably. I doubt it'll have the best stuff. But I'm sure it's better than the average item you can find. Which is good for people like me, who don't play much and have a ton of classes.

HeartBreak301
Apr 8, 2013, 11:54 AM
I just hope they won't do Lambda 2: Reskin Boogaloo.

Alisha
Apr 8, 2013, 11:59 AM
i dont understand why people have such a hard on for all classes weapons they ruin the integrity of classes.

gigawuts
Apr 8, 2013, 12:02 PM
i dont understand why people have such a hard on for all classes weapons they ruin the integrity of classes.

No, bad balancing does that. Allowing players to use their main & sub weapons would be perfectly fine if classes had a wider range of base stats to differentiate the order, i.e. te/fo vs. fo/te would still be different and better for different players/characters even if all rods & wands were universal.

HeartBreak301
Apr 8, 2013, 12:06 PM

I'm glad all class weapons exist, aside from double sabers I hate every other weapon Fighters have at their disposal. I like to guard, not dodge so my Lambda Aristin is my best friend right now. Besides, they still retain the integrity of the classes because without the particular class that uses them as a default weapon you can't even use the PAs for it.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 12:10 PM

Personally I just like the variety. I don't think allclass weapons need to be as good as the normal versions, but I do think there needs to be more of them and that they need to be normalized somehow instead of just sprinkled randomly in the rares.

I want to play a fighter but I also want the option to use a wand without having to bend over backwards. It doesn't really seem fair that it's so hard to get decent all class wands and rods, but a FI/HU can just buy good allclass hunter weapons after a day or two of TACOs.

Jakosifer
Apr 8, 2013, 12:18 PM

You are my favorite poster on this site.

Sp-24
Apr 8, 2013, 12:23 PM
No, bad balancing does that. Allowing players to use their main & sub weapons would be perfectly fine if classes had a wider range of base stats to differentiate the order, i.e. te/fo vs. fo/te would still be different and better for different players/characters even if all rods & wands were universal.
More like bad... Concept? Design? ...Everything?

There is so much wrong with the way all-class weapons work, I can't just sum it up with one word (a word other than "SEGA", I mean). Right now, unless you equip a launcher as GU/RA, a rod as TE/FO or double saber as HU/FI, you are, by default, playing incorrectly. Exception for non-Force weapons with massive T.Atk, though. Those are cool, though still worse than dedicated FO and TE stuff. ...And it's all thanks to three attack stats, come to think of it. Coupled with gimmicks like gears.

So maybe you were right, but I'm too far into this to give my post any thought or structure.

HeartBreak301
Apr 8, 2013, 12:26 PM
I have a friend who plays RA/HU pretty effectively, I'm eager to see how much better his guns become when the Fury Stance buffs come in. Not to mention seeing a Ranger take a fatal hit to the face and just get back up because of Iron Will is pretty cool.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 12:29 PM
The lowest end weapon in each rarity tier should be all class. Bam, now you have a decent option no matter what your main/sub is, but you get a sizeable drop while using your sub's weapons compared to your main's, and you still can't use PAs without having the class (I'd like to change that too, but baby steps).

Or just make Red Weapons all-class haha, why not?

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 12:35 PM
The lowest end weapon in each rarity tier should be all class. Bam, now you have a decent option no matter what your main/sub is, but you get a sizeable drop while using your sub's weapons compared to your main's, and you still can't use PAs without having the class (I'd like to change that too, but baby steps).

Or just make Red Weapons all-class haha, why not?

I was actually thinking something like this could work. The only difference being that I felt the 1-3 star weapons should be the all class ones with a few gimicky toy rares like the space tuna, or the red weapons (since they seem to be an extension of the 1-3stars) thrown in for good measure.

I'm fine with requiring the class for the PAs though. That and skills are the only things really making the weapons unique to the class.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 12:43 PM
Well the thing is, without Weapon Gears, you're barely getting half of your weapon. Without the respective class's base stats, passive and active skills, your effectiveness with those weapon types and PAs are much lower than if you mained the class.

Like a Hu/Fi's techs would not be their strongest asset, even with a dedicated casting weapon. And if a Ra/Gu walking around with Fighter weapons did better damage than a melee class, then this game is too far gone.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 12:51 PM
Well the thing is, without Weapon Gears, you're barely getting half of your weapon. Without the respective class's base stats, passive and active skills, your effectiveness with those weapon types and PAs are much lower than if you mained the class.

Like a Hu/Fi's techs would not be their strongest asset, even with a dedicated casting weapon. And if a Ra/Gu walking around with Fighter weapons did better damage than a melee class, then this game is too far gone.

I can argue up and down about how useful techs are even when they do no damage since that's how I use them. x: You're right about the rest though. but that begs the question of what the point would be. If a ra/gu can't use a partisan effectively why would they care about it's PAs in the first place? I'm all for more options but I'm a bit worried about how it would affect the overall balance.

Sp-24
Apr 8, 2013, 01:02 PM

There is such a thing as "too limited", though.

Some weapons simply require gears. Using a sword without Hunter as one of your classes, for example, is only less idiotic than using the other HU weapons that way. But even more versatile stuff is still hurt by the lack of gears, skills that support its attack type (like Aerial Advance or Tech Charge Advance), lack of access to PAs and techs and, of course, terribly low attack stat.

I guess the beef that some people here have with all-class weapons is that they are either useless period, or unless you have very specific skills. That's my problem with them, at least. It hurts the idea of being free to play the game however you want when the game itself is saying to you that you are doing it wrong.

Alisha
Apr 8, 2013, 01:08 PM
i just wish there were more specialization options wich is also why im not a big fan of all class weapons.

Kilich
Apr 8, 2013, 01:26 PM
Soon all class balance problems will be solved. When the new class with, hopefully, highly mobile melee Katana and WB capable Bow is introduced. You'll just add Fo and, effectively, a Hu/Ra/Fo, or Fo/Ra/Hu appears.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 01:34 PM
I can argue up and down about how useful techs are even when they do no damage since that's how I use them. x: You're right about the rest though. but that begs the question of what the point would be. If a ra/gu can't use a partisan effectively why would they care about it's PAs in the first place? I'm all for more options but I'm a bit worried about how it would affect the overall balance.
Exactly. You've got Zondeel and Razan and buffs without sacrificing your main damage. If you want to be a true spellsword, you can sub Force for stronger techs but weaker PAs. If you want to be a true offensive casting class, you main Force. If you wanted better support, you'd sub/main Techer.

A Fi/Gu could use Hunter weapons to block and have decent PAs with them, but nothing like having Hunter's skills as well. They'd get Attack PP and Chains (maybe Automate Deadline) without entirely losing the Hunter aspect, though it definitely takes a hit. Or a Fi/Fo or Te/Fi could use the Umbrella sword pretty well.

Hu/Fi could get decent mileage out of any ranged weapon due to the stances, but if you think Gu/Ra wouldn't still be better with them you've got another thing coming. A Gu/Ra could use a DS for incredible PP regen or TD to gain height to fly with TMGs or safely rain down rockets.

Sure some combinations would be fairly pointless, but the option would be there and people could get creative. And any specialization is still much stronger than off-typing.

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2013, 01:38 PM
Exactly. You've got Zondeel and Razan and buffs without sacrificing your main damage. If you want to be a true spellsword, you can sub Force for stronger techs but weaker PAs. If you want to be a true offensive casting class, you main Force. If you wanted better support, you'd sub/main Techer.

A Fi/Gu could use Hunter weapons to block and have decent PAs with them, but nothing like having Hunter's skills as well. They'd get Attack PP and Chains (maybe Automate Deadline) without entirely losing the Hunter aspect, though it definitely takes a hit. Or a Fi/Fo or Te/Fi could use the Umbrella sword pretty well.

Hu/Fi could get decent mileage out of any ranged weapon due to the stances, but if you think Gu/Ra wouldn't still be better with them you've got another thing coming. A Gu/Ra could use a DS for incredible PP regen or TD to gain height to fly with TMGs or safely rain down rockets.

Sure some combinations would be fairly pointless, but the option would be there and people could get creative. And any specialization is still much stronger than off-typing.
To be honest I agree. More options are always good. o 3o It's just the kind of thing I don't see happening., and I AM still worried about balance issues. If sega did something like that I can't imagine it turning out very well.

Soon all class balance problems will be solved. When the new class with, hopefully, highly mobile melee Katana and WB capable Bow is introduced. You'll just add Fo and, effectively, a Hu/Ra/Fo, or Fo/Ra/Hu appears.

I really doubt Weak Bullet is gonna be usable with bows, otherwise I hope this is how it'll turn out so I can be a samurai techer and totally be bad at everything.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 03:19 PM
I really doubt Weak Bullet is gonna be usable with bows, otherwise I hope this is how it'll turn out so I can be a samurai techer and totally be bad at everything.
Well about that:

Compound Bow appears to have Weak Bullet, Panic Shot, and Bind Bullet (.../arrow). Katana's got a whole bunch of weird PA listings (PA5 alone has like 15 different effects, possibly gear-based?).

Gardios
Apr 8, 2013, 03:22 PM
...so they're recycling unique skills already?

:|

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 03:27 PM
Samurai class gets Weak Bullet, Chain trigger, Brave/Wise/Fury/Guard Stance, and Katana Gear makes T-Atk based explosions!

Look forward to this brand new class, guys!

Alisha
Apr 8, 2013, 03:59 PM
i doubt the same class will use both

gigawuts
Apr 8, 2013, 04:01 PM
Faster mobility on just one melee weapon doesn't solve anything

case in point: knuckle dashing

:」

Aine
Apr 8, 2013, 09:29 PM
Food for thought: Classes without gears (Fo, Ra) are currently the strongest in the game.

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 10:01 PM
Gear just ended up being a handicap.

I think there's too much difference between no gear. vs max gear PAs on Sword ;x

considering how fast it drops, and how you need to run between monsters so much.

It was a neat idea, but it's totally inefficient

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2013, 10:10 PM
Soon all class balance problems will be solved.

A very dangerous thought process. Never assume things will be better in the future. That just leads to disappointment.

Food for thought: Classes without gears (Fo, Ra) are currently the strongest in the game.

When, exactly, did this happen? And why has nobody told me about it?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 10:15 PM
When, exactly, did this happen? And why has nobody told me about it?

Ra/Fi is arguably better than Gu/Ra because it has better AoE options, better general damage thanks to stances, and can still kill bosses very fast thanks to stance+WB+homing emission.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 10:30 PM
As a totally standalone class, Force and Ranger are top DPS by far. They have no weapon Gear but "make up for it" with many passive damage boosts.

Fighter comes in close second due to B/W Stances, but falls behind because of issues applying their damage with their own weapons, and half of their output requires a status effect which doesn't work on any large boss.

Omega-z
Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 PM
Has any one seen the new Samurai class Look which was leaked on Bump?....Here's Pic.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=34469[/SPOILER-BOX]

I hope it can be used by everyone or has a cool looking one for Cast's too.:)

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 10:48 PM
Ricardo said he couldn't confirm that was actually a leak, didn't he?

Syklo
Apr 8, 2013, 10:50 PM
Has any one seen the new Samurai class Look which was leaked on Bump?....Here's Pic.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=34469[/SPOILER-BOX]

Backside reminds me of infinity blade's plate armor.

UnLucky
Apr 8, 2013, 10:59 PM

There's also a leaked image of one of the new costumes they haven't announced yet:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Lyz46k3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Apr 8, 2013, 11:05 PM
Are those leaked images for PSO2 or Metal Gear Solid 5?

Laxedrane
Apr 8, 2013, 11:06 PM
There's also a leaked image of one of the new costumes they haven't announced yet:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Lyz46k3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I am no expert but both those outfits look like they were drawn by someone other then who usually does the outfit concept art.

Also holy shit does that dude look like he needs to skip a few days of steriods.

Edit: on topic it would depend on how they do this areas AQ. If it comes out with the next set of AQs I expect that the normal area will feature weapons stronger then Free explore ruins but weaker then the AQs.

Insane food dish
Apr 8, 2013, 11:15 PM

Must be the work of the Patriots.

Dextro
Apr 8, 2013, 11:21 PM
Must be the work of the Patriots.

Nanophotons, son.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah those really look more like MGS characters than PSO xD

...Actually...possible MGS crossover?

ShadowDragon28
Apr 8, 2013, 11:48 PM
why are you posting altered Metal Gear Rising concept art pics as "leaked art" from PSO2?

http://www.geimaku.com/27/12/2012/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-concept-art-show-samuel/

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 8, 2013, 11:55 PM
Well that explains it

Joffrey X
Apr 8, 2013, 11:56 PM
Theyre just troll images with the PSO2 symbols photoshopped on

cmon people

lol

Dextro
Apr 8, 2013, 11:59 PM
I thought people knew they were Rising characters and just playing along.....lol...guess not

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 12:01 AM
seems like people around here dont follow console games

Syklo
Apr 9, 2013, 12:01 AM
seems like people around here dont follow console games
If I did, I wouldn't be following PC games

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 12:08 AM
If I did, I wouldn't be following PC games

I follow both!

IF it's on PC=get PC version

still gotta get dem console exclusives

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 12:20 AM
What's a console?

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 12:46 AM
MGR owns, too, you should definitely play/watch it somehow

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 12:52 AM
What's MGR?

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 12:54 AM
Metal Gear: Rising

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 9, 2013, 12:56 AM
Of course now the obvious question to follow up would be "What's a metal gear" followed shortly by "what's video games"

Shadowth117
Apr 9, 2013, 12:57 AM
Of course now the obvious question to follow up would be "What's a metal gear" followed shortly by "what's video games"

What's a video?

Joffrey X
Apr 9, 2013, 12:59 AM
I actually don't like MGR and I hate Sam's design especially the thighs so take THAT!

UnLucky
Apr 9, 2013, 12:59 AM
A metal gear is a mechanical cog, or toothed wheel, comprised of nanomachines

Video games are a senseless waste of time that will rot one's brain

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2013, 01:31 AM
I didn't see a point in posting "new class" concept art. They could just copy paste any PSO concept art and slap a new weapon in their hands. BAM. New class.

Aine
Apr 9, 2013, 01:51 AM
To bring this back on topic, according to the Dengeki Expert Guide 51~55 and 56~60 drop tables are currently lumped together as 51~.

Drops in Advance Quests check the 51~ table first and then the 46~50 table. For example, Ishurai is in the Aginis drop table for 41~45, but not 46~50 and 51~, which is why it doesn't drop in Forest AQ. On the other hand, Gudda Skela is in the Garongo drop table for 41~45 and 46~50, which is why it still drops in AQ.

So there's a good chance we'll see Advance-level equipment in Dragon Altar even if it's only up to 55. But it's also possible Sega might tweak the drop tables and separate 51~55 and 56~60. Remember how Rust Devices suddenly started dropping from Signoguns in Lilipa TAVH?

EvilMag
Apr 9, 2013, 02:22 AM
Actually Ishurais do drop in the 46-50 range since it can be found in TA Nab II and Aginis's are Lv50 in that quest.

Aine
Apr 9, 2013, 02:57 AM
That's because Naberius II VH checks the 46~50 table first and then the 41~45 table, which contains Ishurais. The point I was getting at is that AQs check 51~ and then the next table below, which is 46~50.

TehblackUchiha
Apr 9, 2013, 03:08 AM
i can't beleive people fell for the jetstream sam and mistral photoshop lmao. Anyways it's obvious that the dropped items will suck compared to AQ stuff but might be the next best thing due to the lvl 55 monsters. It's Aq along with ruins and city will probably come out not too much later anyway. I'm hoping those red phoenix like weapons in the datamine images are the set in the dragon sanctuary.