PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Latest update somewhat buggy?

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 03:22 AM
Is it me, or something's wrong with the update? First two times I logged in, I couldn't do anything but access the chat window (no move, no menu, not even log off without Alt+F4) and the pso2.exe would get stuck on the task manager forcing me to restart the whole computer (not even logging off Windows worked) to be able to try again.

I though the problem was the permissions fix that I use (RappyPerms), so I downloaded the fixed .exes ones from Bumped and finally managed to move and do stuff in the game. But then I noticed my status window (the one where you can see your level, meseta, AC and fun points, and exp gained and required for next level) was entirely blank. At first I almost had a seizure thinking I had lost all my money and levels, but they're there alright, they appear in other windows like the class change counter or the shop.

I'm currently doing a file check to see if it does something, but I'm clueless. I know someone from my team had fixed his .exes himself and was getting similar problems. Did anybody here do a permissions fix that didn't end with weird results?

jerrykun
Apr 10, 2013, 03:26 AM
I'm doing a file check too, experienced the same problem.

Merumeru
Apr 10, 2013, 03:28 AM
Same issue. XP Wonder what it could be...

Rien
Apr 10, 2013, 03:37 AM
I BET ITS GAMEGUARD

There, I said it first.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 03:39 AM
Everything was working completly fine for me until i try to access the campship after launching a quest.

But other than that i could do everything i want, shop, myshop, myroom, remodel.

blace
Apr 10, 2013, 03:40 AM
It's fine on the Vita, but when I log in on a PC I have to go through 3 minutes of stutter.

Safe to assume that there may be an emergency maintenance soon. Good job, Sega.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 03:42 AM
I BET ITS GAMEGUARD

There, I said it first.

I did get a GameGuard error window popping when I tried to start the game with DarkSun's permissions fixes (although it allwoed me to get into the game), so there might be some issue going on there anyways.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 03:43 AM
everything seems fine here

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 03:44 AM
everything seems fine here

Are you actually playing? Like .. killing evil monsters?

Cause everything i mean everything is fine for me but can't get to campship.

Shinamori
Apr 10, 2013, 04:19 AM
Are you using the English Patch?

ashley50
Apr 10, 2013, 04:20 AM
No problem here.

Gardios
Apr 10, 2013, 04:20 AM
It's fine on the Vita, but when I log in on a PC I have to go through 3 minutes of stutter.

That was the case for me before the update already... I hope they fix it anyway. e_e

blace
Apr 10, 2013, 04:21 AM
It works fine now, besides the stutter in the lobby. I'm surprised I haven't run into any other problems running the new area.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 04:23 AM

Yes i didn't wanna say it because i'm not sure i'm allowed to mention this patch but yeah, and i wouldn't be surprised if you tell me to quit it for now until it get fixed.

What can you tell me about this please?

Edit : Oh god so many messages while i was writing O_o

Personnaly i use windows 7 64 bits SP1, the game is installed on default directory to avoid those kind of problems.

Edit : Yup, still can't access campship. I'll admit i was waiting for feedback before doing a painful filecheck + redownload, but i guess i'll do it since you guys play normaly. Thank you for the information.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 10, 2013, 04:25 AM
My only issues is the tank enemies in the new area sometimes stay after they die.

Oh well
I call emergency maintenance

Kyra Tierney
Apr 10, 2013, 04:36 AM

I don't.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 04:45 AM
I use the famous Dark-Sun exe's to fix the permission and i have to finish my filecheck before doing that but .. i am definitly going try what you proposed because if it does work well then it's a much simpler solution.

As for now filecheck+download is at only 50% so i have to keep patient.

Kyra Tierney
Apr 10, 2013, 04:51 AM
Are contents of _precede folder supposed to stay there even after today's patch? Because this is where they are in my case. Or were, as I have just pasted then into data folder and began a file check.

Agastya
Apr 10, 2013, 05:08 AM
they're filtering foreign ip addresses now

if it detects one then your client starts acting up

HeartBreak301
Apr 10, 2013, 05:10 AM
Well for anyone who isn't experiencing this, here's a reference picture. I'm just guessing this is a Sega dun goofed thing.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/XXnZB7g.jpgp[/spoiler-box]

EvilMag
Apr 10, 2013, 05:21 AM
Server message came up regarding this. Anyone want to translate?

プレイ中の皆様にお知らせいたします。  4月10日(水)定期メンテナンス以降、画面左下のバイタルゲー ジなどキャラクターのパラメーターが異常な値になっているとのご報告をいただいております。  PC版をプ レイされている方で該当の症状が発生している場合は、ランチャーメニューから「ファイルチェック」を行うこ とで症状が改善する可能性がありますので、お試しいただきますようお願いいたします。  現在、調査を行っ ておりますので、申し訳ございませんがお待ちいただきますようお願いいたします。皆様にはご迷惑をおかけし ておりますことをお詫び申し上げます。

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2013, 05:23 AM
Server message came up regarding this. Anyone want to translate?

Google pooped out this.

"We are pleased to announce to everyone in the play. We have received a report on April 10 after routine maintenance (water), such as the vital parameters of the character of the gauge at the bottom left of the screen is said to be in an abnormal value. If the symptom in question has occurred in people who have been playing the version PC, there is a possibility that symptoms improve with a child to perform the "File Check" from the launcher menu, we ask that you try you. Now, so we conducted a survey, we ask that you wait I am sorry. I apologize to everyone that has the inconvenience."

It sounds like they're appologizing of the glitches and asking people to redo the filecheck if they're having issues.

Mekhana
Apr 10, 2013, 05:23 AM
Yeah I did file check a while back and it fixed it for me.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 05:30 AM
After a filecheck and with no EN patch installed, everything is back to normal for me too.

Misaki Ki
Apr 10, 2013, 05:32 AM
It's taking a while to repatch, but I found it pretty amusing.

[spoiler-box]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884104767835509965/95A4BBDE2471CA0E232A4D936A98FF0090A78DD3/[/spoiler-box]

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 05:44 AM
Are you actually playing? Like .. killing evil monsters?

Cause everything i mean everything is fine for me but can't get to campship.

Yep, I unlocked the new exploration mission on two characters. English patch installed, everything's fine.

I should note though that I had the english launcher which when I tried to start the game reported a bad crc check, but failed to download anything when I tried to force an update. The game would run but i wanted to know what was up with the error.

So I exited the game and closed the launcher and ran a crc check from the jp launcher. then reset the file locations in the english launcher.

Did all that before I even logged in.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 05:50 AM
ah Haha Sociable Tyrannosaur, when i red your answer, i JUST launched a quest after doing everything you said.

Problem is, the first time, with the crc error, i didn't do a filecheck AGAIN like some people did. I went straight into the game because it seemed to work.

Thank you though answering me when you got back online. I just got through this pain like right now.

Kyra Tierney
Apr 10, 2013, 06:02 AM
It's taking a while to repatch, but I found it pretty amusing.

[spoiler-box]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884104767835509965/95A4BBDE2471CA0E232A4D936A98FF0090A78DD3/[/spoiler-box]

Everything is alright. HU/FIs have no need in R-Atk or T-Atk anyway.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 06:47 AM
File check fixed shit for me too.

Husq
Apr 10, 2013, 06:51 AM
Anyone else not getting Fury Stance bonus on their stats? I tried file check, but it didn't help. Actually Fury Combo seem to work, but i don't get the percentage added to my base numbers.

Darki
Apr 10, 2013, 06:58 AM
does the damage get increaded anyways?

I believe HU stances don't modify base stats anymore but damage itself, but don't quote me on this because my japanese is very limited. If that was they case they wouldn't show any change in the stats.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 06:59 AM
Anyone else not getting Fury Stance bonus on their stats? I tried file check, but it didn't help. Actually Fury Combo seem to work, but i don't get the percentage added to my base numbers.

Doesn't add to your base number, it adds to your damage.

Shinamori
Apr 10, 2013, 06:59 AM
Do you do the file check just by running the updater again?

Husq
Apr 10, 2013, 07:01 AM
Hard to tell, since i have fury combo and i'm not sure which one is causing damage now.
I updated first, then file checked afterwards.
Thing is my s-def isn't reduced either..

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 10, 2013, 07:02 AM
...It doesn't add to your stats, it's a damage multiplier.

Same with the damage increase.

Zaven
Apr 10, 2013, 07:04 AM
Do you do the file check just by running the updater again?

Filecheck is the third option of the launcher. It goes

. Launch the Game
. Settings
. Filecheck
. Forgotthe4th

Husq
Apr 10, 2013, 07:17 AM
...It doesn't add to your stats, it's a damage multiplier.

Same with the damage increase.

So it is pretty much now like brave/wise stance but instead of attack position you get a def penalty. Thanks for clearing that up.

DFC
Apr 10, 2013, 09:53 AM
Anyone else having the bug where 2 different BGMs are playing at the same time? I'm hearing lilipa tunnels BGM everywhere, even in lobby/salon.

I could probably just restart the game but i'm lazy.

Scotty T
Apr 10, 2013, 10:04 AM
Anyone else having the bug where 2 different BGMs are playing at the same time? I'm hearing lilipa tunnels BGM everywhere, even in lobby/salon.

Happens to me when I reach zeshrayda's turtle mode too early, but this was before the easter update.

Aeris
Apr 10, 2013, 03:01 PM

Got it when i was going from lillpa TA to amu TA but still going in lobby for me as well.

Daveach
Apr 10, 2013, 05:36 PM
Will there be an emergency maint? My char still has no stats >.> i have aready done a file check 6 times, not using the eng patch; using the default launcher (as always) and everything. Already did my skill tree reset because I was thinking that was the issue but nothing.
Also, it shows my EXP bar full, on the main menu, I dont have level, meseta, FUN, AC and EXP not even showing...halp!

LinkKD
Apr 12, 2013, 06:30 PM
For people having issues, where do you have the game installed, and what OS are you running?

Windows 7, installed at the default folder, already trying to copy it to the root folder, still no good.

I had two issues at start: one was that I couldn't move with two characters of mine, couldnt access any menus or do anything at all besides accessing the chat by the direct chat shortcuts. The other one is that my hp/pp shows wrong values, my weapons won't show up, and I can't get into campship.

The first problem went away after I copy-pasted the PSO2 folder o the root folder (System C) and ran the game from there. I'm not sure if that's what fixed it though, because I tried running the game from the original folder in program files x86 afterwards and I still could walk aswell.

However, the second issue persists and I'm not sure what to do about it. Many people said that running the file check thing worked, but it did me no good.

I ran it two times...the odd thing is, it seems to do it extremely fast, like it barely downloaded anything new. It doesnt fix anything though, yeah.

Not quite sure what to do about it, I cant play the game at all as it is, but I've been so busy with college now that I also dont feel like spending too much time troubleshooting this. I guess a desperate option would be to reinstall it, but that would take fking long to reupdate or redownload. I'm sorta hoping SEGA will do an emergency maintance or something.

Requiem Aeternam
Apr 13, 2013, 04:52 AM

Something like this happened to me the other day. After I defeated the Quartz Dragon the boss music continued to play. Everything seemed normal when I went back to the camp ship but, when I replayed the quest, the Quartz Dragon theme continued to play again. When enemies appeared the music cut out altogether.

When I went back to the lobby the normal lobby music played but so did the Quartz Dragon music. I tried changing blocks but that didn't help. I then tried logging off and going back to the menu but the Quartz music still played at the title screen.

Quitting the game and restarting it fixed the problem but it was a weird problem. It was pretty cool though especially since the Quartz Dragon theme is one of my favourite tunes ^^