PDA

View Full Version : How is the economy/rare/class etc in the Game

Gatimo
Apr 11, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hello, sorry if these were already mentioned Im just wondering what PSO2 is like. :D

A couple of questions about the game:

How is the economy, are people more willing to trade or is shopkeeper the way to go?

With Rare weapons how are the drop rates?

Currently what class is overpowered and what class is underpowered?

How is the grinding system, if you dont make it to 10 can you still do it with same weapon?

Any other insisghts about this game would be apprecaited.......please NA release this year! I have been playing Phantasy Star since the Genesis.

Thanks

RedRaz0r
Apr 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
The economy is great if youre premium, lots of buying and selling in player shops.

Rare weapon drop rates are terrible.

Gunner seems to be the op for bosses, force for aoe. Hunters can do both things well.

While grinding, if the grind fails, it will either stay at its current grind or drop 1-3 grinds. It can still get to ten no matter what.

Pyrii
Apr 12, 2013, 11:39 AM
3: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204517&page=7

Beware the dudu...
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/2154/34402826.jpg

TaigaUC
Apr 13, 2013, 01:30 AM
How is the economy, are people more willing to trade or is shopkeeper the way to go?

Economy is heavily inflated. Good costumes cost hundreds of thousands to millions. You earn an average of maybe a few hundred to a few thousand per battle from vendoring unwanted drop items. The only viable methods of gaining sufficient cash are either by doing time attacks (a few hundred thousand a day) or by paying real money for a shop (or getting lucky with lottery to get a shop for 3 days). It's very easy to earn money from selling via shop. You need to pay real money to trade, too.

Costume color system is awful and lazy. It costs a fortune to change color, and you can only change the color of a specific portion of some outfits.

With Rare weapons how are the drop rates?

Drop rates for rare weapons... useless rares drop all the time and are worth absolutely nothing. The useful rares will almost never drop. If you do get a useful rare, they're usually just not useful to you or duplicates that you already have. Rare drop increasing items don't really help (even +250% is almost no increase).

As an example, I've been farming accessible enemies for several different rares for months and have yet to get any of them. Rare armor is different, and tends to be much easier to get. There are a few that are extremely rare, though.

It's important to note that rare weapons are only moderately more powerful than non-rares, and only when enhanced to maximum.

Currently what class is overpowered and what class is underpowered?

I have several level 50+ characters of every class, all geared well. From my experience:

Casters are overall the most powerful and most useful for every situation. Combined with ease of play, they have the best AOE by far and can take advantage of elemental vulnerabilities as well as automatically randomly apply useful debuffs. With the proper setup, they rarely run out of PP (mana), but it takes a while to get to that level.

Rangers/Gunners are important for their (group-oriented) debuff that increases damage done to a specific point by ridiculous amounts. They are also good at solo-flattening bosses very quickly. Their AOE is not very good, and their regular attacks feel weak and boring/unsatisfying/empty.

Melee was buffed a few days ago and seems very powerful now, but it's still early to say. Regardless, melee has always had issues with having to chase after enemies all the time. The game is designed around weak points, and it's a lot easier to hit those as ranged classes. It's also easier to avoid damage as ranged. Melee playstyle is more involving and is generally more exciting to play than the ranged.

Note that the game lacks defensive or counter-attack gameplay. There is no depth to defense other than guarding (some melee weapons only) or dodging.

Also note that although there are many attacks, a large percentage of them are completely pointless. The skill (WoW-style talent tree) system has the same problem; many of trees are completely pointless.
When I say completely pointless, I'm not exaggerating. They're literally completely pointless.

How is the grinding system, if you dont make it to 10 can you still do it with same weapon?

Enhancing equipment is terrible and expensive. It was even worse before, but has slowly gotten less frustrating. It still requires spending a lot of time and money. You can't lose the target items, but you can lose millions of cash just to go far backwards, and enhancing can also take lots of time (sometimes hours) because of constant repeated failures.

Enhanced equipment is far more powerful than not enhanced, maybe 2 - 2.5x more powerful.

Any other insights about this game would be appreciated.

The story is stretched too thin and wide, with terrible delivery. There is little sense of the universe and scale of things. I even saw a Japanese person complain that the story feels like it was written by a kid inschool. In between the story's slight advancements or explanations of plot/characters, you have to hunt specific enemies and hope they drop an item that allows you to proceed. That can take hours to days.

There really isn't much to do in the game outside of combat and progression. Aside from time spent levelling, it doesn't take that long to experience all of the content, either.

I wouldn't place much hope in SEGA porting the game to NA properly. If you decide to try the JP version, you may save yourself trouble by waiting a while and coming back when they've fine tuned and added more to the game.

For example, it used to take 180 rare drops to unlock level caps. It's something like 30 now, and there are more ways to get those drops. You used to receive 0 exp for doing the area and difficulty unlock quests, now you receive a large chunk. Unlock quests used to have extremely tight requirements, to the point that you could often fail by 1 second repeatedly (not exaggerating). They are extremely relaxed now, often either having no timer or giving you plenty of time.

Cyron Tanryoku
Apr 13, 2013, 01:38 AM
It all sucks

Not easy enough

SEGA should cap selling to 1mil because I'm a cheap bastard.

I'm being serious too

I think RA/HU is the OP thing right now until they fix it

UnLucky
Apr 13, 2013, 01:57 AM
You can't trade or sell items to other players unless you pay real world cash money for a temporary license. Or win a 3 day shop license via FUN scratch-off tickets, which you can get with free points awarded daily and for certain actions.

Economy itself has been tweaked a couple times. Meseta generation has been reduced, as has some meseta costs. Biggest and fastest way to introduce more currency into the system is on daily repeatable quests. Otherwise it's farming pocket change or selling items to other players. Fairly stable pricing for now, with lots of items always up for sale.

Good rares are very infrequent, and most are minor upgrades among other rares. Enhancing one to adequate levels is easy enough, but maxing them is a chore. A +10 weapon is just shy of 2x as good, but cheap affixes are pretty close to the furthest most players will go with it (like a difference of 20-30 Atk and some extra HP or PP).

Force has the best AoE damage, while Gunner/Ranger has the best single target. Fighter/Hunter might have both good AoE and single target damage, but have to get in melee range to apply it. Subclassing Fighter or Hunter onto Ranger gives them all the good damage boosts for incredible single target and good enough AoE damage output with none of the drawbacks of melee.

The Hunter class is getting nerfed next week as a result.

Techer just plain sucks.

But the game is easy enough to do most anything with subpar stats and skills. It's just slower.

TaigaUC
Apr 13, 2013, 02:28 AM
The economy has been fluctuating recently. Lots of excess costumes that nobody wants, and SEGA has been reviving some old ones. The minimum price for unpopular costumes used to be 200k-300k because of the option of recycling them into color change tickets. The lowest I've seen now is around 65k, which I think is almost back to pre-recycling costs.

Popular rare costumes used to be 250-500k when the game first came out of beta. That's around the price that moderately popular costumes reach at the end of their lottery period. Afterwards, the really popular ones shoot up to 3-10 million.

The cost of a color change ticket is roughly equivalent to 1.1 - 1.4 million, and so the Rappy Suits (costs 1 to recycle for color ticket) tends to stay around that price. For the same reason, costumes with customized colors tend to go for 1 - 2m.

In regards to equipment, I think there isn't much point in buying most of the expensive rare weapons from marketplace, as you can usually get much cheaper, more powerful (but uglier) alternatives. The best purchasable armor units usually cost around 500k per part, without enhancement. Weaker ones usually cost 1k. Fodder for enhancing units costs much, much more than for enhancing weapons.

The Hunter class is getting nerfed next week as a result.

Techer just plain sucks.

But the game is easy enough to do most anything with subpar stats and skills. It's just slower.

From what I heard, Hunter class isn't getting nerfed, it's only how the Hunter skills affect Ranger that's getting nerfed.
Techer does seem pointless. I hated levelling Techer. I agree you can do most things with subpar. As you said, it's just slower and sometimes riskier.

Gatimo
Apr 13, 2013, 06:06 AM
Thanks everyone for your insight, many people reading appreciate!

One more thing I forgot to ask:

Is there elemental % on weapons!!?

I enjoyed collecting 50% weapons on PSU, It always baffled me how people didnt have a set of all elements for a mission.

If elemental attribute is in PSO2 did they add it to all weapons or just fighter weapons?

How often does a 50% element attribute drop......also can the attribute get higher with grinding?

I sure hope a 50% 9star outhits a 10star with 30% hehe........

Dnd
Apr 13, 2013, 06:18 AM
If elemental attribute is in PSO2 did they add it to all weapons or just fighter weapons?

How often does a 50% element attribute drop......also can the attribute get higher with grinding?

I sure hope a 50% 9star outhits a 10star with 30% hehe........

Every rare weapon drops with a random element attached now, 'common' 1-6* weapons have a chance (back in the day, everything only had a chance to have an element). If you get an untekked weapon you can choose its attribute at the tekker.

A rare weapon drop has between 20-40% element, whereas if you tekk a weapon it can have 25-45%.

Attribute grinding can be done, but you need a second weapon of the same type as the first (And the second weapon gets consumed). Each one adds between 1-3% to your target weapon. You can also get items which change the element or add another 5% (Expensive) onto the weapon.

Im not 100% sure how the attribute works into the damage formula, but when my 10* sword went from 30-38% light the damage increase was noticeable, and so worth it

Gatimo
Apr 13, 2013, 06:28 AM
Interesting so you can max the elemental attribute on a weapon!!!!! Niceeeeeeeeee

How is the DPS in the game? For example the twin dagger spinning photon art in PSU was king until they nerfed it. Are twin dagger useful in PSO2 for DPS, those are my favorite weapons.

Has the monkey king bar been released yet? hehe

Also I have been looking at various things.....did they take out the shotgun? if so such a shame since that multi hit on a single target.

Im glad techers got love this round, man they were horrible in PSU until the end, I enjoy fighting class and techer class.......I just cant get into gunner it puts me to sleep and it makes me feel like im playing a shooter on a RPG.

jooozek
Apr 13, 2013, 06:31 AM
drop rates are so shit that you won't be getting anything you want in this century
and surely not attribute grinding it

Gatimo
Apr 13, 2013, 06:41 AM
I understand people might be frustrated with the game, but Im sure rares will be much different later on and new rares will become "rare".

I just remember on PSU about the fun of having a tight group to play with that were strategic in making the missions go fast as possible. Enjoy the game folks, man us peeps in NA are waiting.......I always say great teammates are more rare then the best gear.

I do like that a rare is truly a rare.........are they priced outrageous by people?

Macman
Apr 13, 2013, 06:42 AM
How is the DPS in the game? For example the twin dagger spinning photon art in PSU was king until they nerfed it. Are twin dagger useful in PSO2 for DPS, those are my favorite weapons.They're primarily for mid-air combat, they're unwieldy and have a very short reach, but have PAs that help close gaps.

Has the monkey king bar been released yet? hehe Yes, and the black variant, too. Good luck getting the black one, though.

Also I have been looking at various things.....did they take out the shotgun? if so such a shame since that multi hit on a single target. No shotguns, but the back of the weapons shop suggests they had a design for one.

Dnd
Apr 13, 2013, 07:11 AM
I do like that a rare is truly a rare.........are they priced outrageous by people?

Most of them (10*s anyway) are 200k-2million, the hyper rares (top 2 10*'s in each weapon catagory) can go from 15-75million at the moment. The problem is to buy a 10* weapon, you need to sacrifice a 10* weapon of your own to get a trading pass so you can buy them from someone else (10* armour units work this way aswell). most 7-9*'s nowdays go for 1k-500k and you dont need to sacrifice a weapon to be able to buy them from player ships

So to get the 10* you want, you need to find one first, which is.. tough at the best of times

EvilMag
Apr 13, 2013, 02:46 PM
Advice I could give you if you need 10* trade fodders is go to MB10 and 11. Those 10*s can be foddered.

Renvalt
Apr 13, 2013, 06:24 PM
Advice I could give you if you need 10* trade fodders is go to MB10 and 11. Those 10*s can be foddered.

I would also add that early on (1-30 on every class) you can definitely get by with just using Matter Board gear. For weapons, MB2 can be a bit of a douche since the weapons drop off of Hard Mode Mobs (it seems to be built to favor Hunter in that one).

In fact, I would go as far as to say that Matter Boards as a whole seem to favor Hunter gear (I've rarely seen MB gear that didn't look in some way built for Hunter). Of course, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough at the moment.

Narrillnezzurh
Apr 13, 2013, 09:18 PM
So to get the 10* you want, you need to find one first, which is.. tough at the best of times

It's not that bad. In the past week and a half (the time since I unlocked VH) I've gotten four 10*'s, only one of which I can actually use, and that's not including my pyroxene 10*'s. I guess RNG can screw you over if it wants to, but as long as you keep in mind that your 10*'s are supposed to be your endgame weapons, I don't think having to sacrifice one to buy another one is a problem.