PDA

View Full Version : Help on experimental builds please!!

Rixian
Apr 13, 2013, 06:16 AM
Hi, apologies if this in the wrong section, please move if it is.

With War Cry actually reliably pulling boss aggro this patch, one of my guildies has opted to go tank build, with success.

So in turn, I've decided to create a boss slayer tree that I would like help with:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04dDb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkcU0ibInq nGKsN6JiGA00000ebJbGBcBGKIblb0007b00000ib00007b000 009b000008

Concept: Boss Sweeper

Main Class: Fighter
Sub Class: Hunter

Clarifications:

- My character is already a Female Newman (which I am aware is the worst choice, but oh well)
- My mag is already 150 S-ATK, not looking to change this either
- The Hunter Sub-Class tree is purely complementary to the Fighter Main-Class tree, I won't be using this tree as a main class.

Worries/Questions:

1) Am I losing out too much on not taking Sword Gear? (I plan on mostly using Double Saber)
2) From what I understand, status effects are difficult to inflict on bosses, I have thus opted out of Chase Advance, is this a good idea?
3) Am I correct in thinking that Rare Mastery Fighter is a one point wonder?
4) The "Slayer" skills only add +100 S-ATK and don't contribute to base stats in order to equip better weapons, I would prefer the consistency of +50 flat S-ATK too, is this okay?

Thanks for your time,

Rixian.

---

Edit:

Hi again, thanks for the responses,

I'd like to play with another skill tree if you guys are willing to help me out:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04uIb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn000 0009b00000ibJdJ29k2N0007b00007b000008kbIkj2XI2cFlk 0000

Main Class: Ranger
Sub Class: Techer

Concept: Support

The idea of this build is to assist in boss clearing, keeping a healthy PP pool with PP Restorate 1 while keeping a hold of Weak Shot, making me able to cast Photon Arts during my Weak Shot clip. While holding onto Weak Shot, I'd be be able to use Resta, Shifta and Deband too.

Clarifications:

- My character is already a Male Human (which I am aware is not optimal, but oh well)
- All the points aren't spent because I would like your opinion on what else would be ideal.

Worries/Questions:

1) Dive Roll Advance (0.11 seconds for 3 points) hasn't been up'd in favor of upping Just Reversal in the Techer tree, thoughts?
2) Killing Bonus might not be optimal, but I'm not sure what else I'd be able to reach using my remaining points, opinions?
3) 10 points into Extend Assist I'm also iffy about, my thoughts were that since buffs work on "ticks", upping the tick value from 30 seconds on 1 point to 45 seconds on 10 points was worthwhile (Since not all teammates can get all 4 ticks at all times), making for a more efficient PP to effectiveness ratio, I would like thoughts on this too.
4) I was thinking of putting my remaining points into either Resta Advance or Element Weak Hit, are there any others I should be considering?
5) What would be the most effective mag for this build? Does T-ATK feed into buffs that much?

Thanks for your time,

Rixian.

---

Edit 2:

And since this will obviously contribute to the understanding of the topic, have some pictures of the said characters:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi50.tinypic.com/24fy3jc.jpg
http://oi48.tinypic.com/vwpb4j.jpg
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/105/8/7/pso2___kicho_sonsil_by_littleenky-d61t20e.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Bellion
Apr 13, 2013, 07:07 AM
1. If you plan on using Over End only on bosses, you're not really losing too much. Without Sword or Partisan gear, you'll be slower at killing mobs but that doesn't seem to be the point of your class.
2. That depends on the boss. Inflicting status ailments on something like a Rockbear or Gwanada is an easy extra 40% damage boost. With Deadly Archer spamming with a Double Saber that has Burn 3, it's really quick. On an actual boss, it's much harder to inflict an ailment.
3.Yes.
4.I suppose so. Still, I'd rather put 1 point into Chase Bind and max Chase Advance.
Something like this: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04dDb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkcU0ibInq nGKsN6JiGA00000ebHOGBcBGFIb2Nib0007b00000ib00007b0 00009b000008

Coatl
Apr 13, 2013, 07:37 AM
But sword gear does have an affect on Over end iifc.

Bellion
Apr 13, 2013, 07:43 AM
Not on the last hit.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 13, 2013, 08:41 AM
Hi, apologies if this in the wrong section, please move if it is.

With War Cry actually reliably pulling boss aggro this patch, one of my guildies has opted to go tank build, with success.

So in turn, I've decided to create a boss slayer tree that I would like help with:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04dDb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkcU0ibInq nGKsN6JiGA00000ebJbGBcBGKIblb0007b00000ib00007b000 009b000008

Main Class: Fighter
Sub Class: Hunter

Clarifications:

- My character is already a Female Newman (which I am aware is the worst choice, but oh well)
- My mag is already 150 S-ATK, not looking to change this either
- The Hunter Sub-Class tree is purely complementary to the Fighter Main-Class tree, I won't be using this tree as a main class.

Worries/Questions:

1) Am I losing out too much on not taking Sword Gear? (I plan on mostly using Double Saber)
2) From what I understand, status effects are difficult to inflict on bosses, I have thus opted out of Chase Advance, is this a good idea?
3) Am I correct in thinking that Rare Mastery Fighter is a one point wonder?
4) The "Slayer" skills only add +100 S-ATK and don't contribute to base stats in order to equip better weapons, I would prefer the consistency of +50 flat S-ATK too, is this okay?

Thanks for your time,

Rixian.

4) ignore the slayer skills. completely worthless as they are entirely conditional and way too out of the way. You are correct in assuming the static 50s are better.

Rixian
Apr 14, 2013, 10:23 AM
Hi again, thanks for the responses,

I'd like to play with another skill tree if you guys are willing to help me out:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04uIb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn000 0009b00000ibJdJ29k2N0007b00007b000008kbIkj2XI2cFlk 0000

Main Class: Ranger
Sub Class: Techer

Concept: Support

The idea of this build is to assist in boss clearing, keeping a healthy PP pool with PP Restorate 1 while keeping a hold of Weak Shot, making me able to cast Photon Arts during my Weak Shot clip. While holding onto Weak Shot, I'd be be able to use Resta, Shifta and Deband too.

Clarifications:

- My character is already a Male Human (which I am aware is not optimal, but oh well)
- All the points aren't spent because I would like your opinion on what else would be ideal.

Worries/Questions:

1) Dive Roll Advance (0.11 seconds for 3 points) hasn't been up'd in favor of upping Just Reversal in the Techer tree, thoughts?
2) Killing Bonus might not be optimal, but I'm not sure what else I'd be able to reach using my remaining points, opinions?
3) 10 points into Extend Assist I'm also iffy about, my thoughts were that since buffs work on "ticks", upping the tick value from 30 seconds on 1 point to 45 seconds on 10 points was worthwhile (Since not all teammates can get all 4 ticks at all times), making for a more efficient PP to effectiveness ratio, I would like thoughts on this too.
4) I was thinking of putting my remaining points into either Resta Advance or Element Weak Hit, are there any others I should be considering?
5) What would be the most effective mag for this build? Does T-ATK feed into buffs that much?

Thanks for your time,

Rixian.

Bellion
Apr 14, 2013, 10:56 AM
1. Don't bother with Dive Roll Advance. You just need to dodge exactly just before an attack hits you in order to get the invincibility frames.
2. You should probably stick with your Ranger build.
3. 1 point into Extend Assist is more than enough.
4. http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04uIb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn000 0009b00000ibJdJ29k2N0007b00007b000008kbIkj2SI2bx4Q 5fb0000 If you want to get PP back during your weakbullets, PP Convert is the best way to go. Elemental Weak Hit has the most impact on offensive technics but it's minimal for Ranged or Striking attacks.
5. Stick with a pure ranged mag as Resta Advance should make up for your lower T-atk. T-atk does not affect Shifta or Deband at all.

BlankM
Apr 14, 2013, 11:24 AM
Does element weak hit effect weapon elements? I hear it doesn't do anything for wand gear.

Bellion
Apr 14, 2013, 11:28 AM
Not sure about the Wand Gear but it barely does anything for Striking or Ranged attacks.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 14, 2013, 05:09 PM
As in understand it the explosion form wand gear has a lot of special properties that make it unable to get most of the bonuses that you'd expect it to get.l

The reason that elemental weakhit is bad for melee is that it's not 20% to your attacks with the right element.

here's how the element weak hit damage is calculated.

Simple version:

if your weapon's attack is 1000 and the element mod on it is 50% fire then your weapon automatically behaves like it has 500 more atk on it at all times regardless of element. this is without EWH. now if an enemy is weak to fire...say they have a 1.3x mod on fire. it's 1.3x the damage from that 500. so basically bonus damage based on 150. EWH is a 20% on that 150. that's 30.

So tl:dr:

On a weapon with 1000 atk and a 50% fire attribute against an enemy weak to fire, EWH only gives an extra 30 point attack mod.

UnLucky
Apr 14, 2013, 05:34 PM
What? The 500 Atk is typed, and EMW should be modifying that if it's towards the correct weakness. So 100, I say.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 14, 2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah that might be true...even still that's on a 50% weapon...etc.

either way it's not good.

UnLucky
Apr 14, 2013, 06:07 PM
That much is still true.

Rixian
Apr 15, 2013, 07:31 AM
Okay, thanks for all the information guys, I'll have a mess around with what I know now, since we're getting another free skill reset... or something.