PDA

View Full Version : Questions about guns

Robantifast
Apr 2, 2003, 11:23 PM
Hey I have a few questions:
1. Is there anything at all good about the Ruby Bullet? I mean, my Red Handgun+50 (0/40/0/50) has more ATP that Ruby Bullet, but doesn't look as cool. I don't have a Ruby Bullet yet, but if it's a good weapon I was planning to try and get one from Vol Opt. Any comments?
2. Frozen Shooter vs. Snow Queen. Yep I got me a frozen shooter from a hildetorr today and I'm wondering if the snow queen is better. I know that the snow queen can't combo but freezes every time, but frozen shooter freezes almost every time for me...is there something I'm missing about the snow queen?

I'd appreciate it if your answers were as specific as possible and covered info that I don't have listed. Thanks!

LollipopLolita
Apr 3, 2003, 12:03 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46142&forum=7&8

malinko
Apr 3, 2003, 12:08 AM
I have no idea about Number 1...but you will get mixed answers about number 2. I'll tell you what I think.

Frozen Shooter is better for less enemies on the screen (Ep. 2) because enemies don't get stuck behind each other like Ep. 1 where the Snow Queen is more useful.

Advantages:

Frozen Shooter:
Can combo
Higher chance to freeze (goes back to combo)
Has a higher damage potential to a single enemy.

Snow Queen:
Can hit multiple enemies
More ATP then Frozen Shooter

Disadvantages:

Frozen Shooter:
Can only hit enemies nearest to you. IE: it can't hit stuff behind enemies.
People will say "why don't you upgrade that wep?"
Might no benefit the team if you can't freeze everything fast.

Snow Queen:
No combo
Less chance of freezing enemies because the 1st hit of a combo has the worst (not a bad chance) of hitting the enemy.

If I played Episode 1 a lot, I would use Snow Queen, If I played Episode 2 a lot, I would use Frozen Shooter. This is just my opinion, some people are total biased one way or another. Try to get more feedback before you make your decision though.

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2003, 12:17 AM
I have a question about my Frozen Shooter. I've had it quite a few days now (I don't get to play much or I would've asked this sooner). For a FROZEN shooter, the enemies aren't getting frozen. I haven't gotten a single enemy frozen & it's annoying. I, on the other hand, have been frozen (& killed LOL) a few times. My question is, is there something involved in being able to freeze enemies that I'm not aware of? I have 20% on Machines (though I would've prefered AlteredBeast or Dark). I have slightly over the ATA required & it's on my RAmarl. Do I need higher ATA to get the freezing option to work or is it something else? I hope I can get a straight answer on this, as I'd like to deliver some REAL payback. It's a really good gun for a mid 50's Lv char (54 as of current). I'd just like to use it to it's full potential...

Blue-Hawk
Apr 3, 2003, 12:22 AM
On 2003-04-02 21:17, OdinTyler wrote:
I have a question about my Frozen Shooter. I've had it quite a few days now (I don't get to play much or I would've asked this sooner). For a FROZEN shooter, the enemies aren't getting frozen. I haven't gotten a single enemy frozen & it's annoying. I, on the other hand, have been frozen (& killed LOL) a few times. My question is, is there something involved in being able to freeze enemies that I'm not aware of? I have 20% on Machines (though I would've prefered AlteredBeast or Dark). I have slightly over the ATA required & it's on my RAmarl. Do I need higher ATA to get the freezing option to work or is it something else? I hope I can get a straight answer on this, as I'd like to deliver some REAL payback. It's a really good gun for a mid 50's Lv char (54 as of current). I'd just like to use it to it's full potential...

have you tried assigning a button to the special attack?

Stalfos333
Apr 3, 2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I was confused about the special atack feature when I first started playing too. Also, 54 is pretty low level. I imagine another 70 levels worth of ATA will make a world of difference.

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2003, 12:29 AM
I FORGOT TO MENTION: NO SARCASTIC REMARKS! Yes I obviously tried the SpAtk button. Obviously! I just can't get it to work...& btw Purplenum does not suck...geez..."labor-intensive" yes. As more & more ppl are saying, your ID is only good/bad based on what you want to find. Personally I think its ridiculous to erase a char & start over just cause you don't like the ID. The beauty of the GC is that you can trade with YOURSELF with other chars & control pads (I do it all the time). Especially if you want to find all types of items (& therefore need many SectIDs, as I have). But, I'm getting off track here. If anyone can REALLY answer my question about the Frozen Shooter, I'd appreciate it...

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2003, 12:32 AM
On 2003-04-02 21:29, Stalfos333 wrote:
Yeah, I was confused about the special atack feature when I first started playing too. Also, 54 is pretty low level. I imagine another 70 levels worth of ATA will make a world of difference.

THAT MUCH? WOW. Well her level is "low" because I have ALOT of chars & well, I try to lvl up & work with as many as I can. My highest (FOmarl) is 81 (I think). I figured about the ATA. DAMN ST for taking out the Hit Mats! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So is that really all it is or is there more to it? I have to get back to working on my Sato-raisings as I'm making a bunch (some w/high ATA)...

Blue-Hawk
Apr 3, 2003, 12:35 AM
On 2003-04-02 21:29, OdinTyler wrote:
I FORGOT TO MENTION: NO SARCASTIC REMARKS! Yes I obviously tried the SpAtk button. Obviously! I just can't get it to work...& btw Purplenum does not suck...geez..."labor-intensive" yes. As more & more ppl are saying, your ID is only good/bad based on what you want to find. Personally I think its ridiculous to erase a char & start over just cause you don't like the ID. The beauty of the GC is that you can trade with YOURSELF with other chars & control pads (I do it all the time). Especially if you want to find all types of items (& therefore need many SectIDs, as I have). But, I'm getting off track here. If anyone can REALLY answer my question about the Frozen Shooter, I'd appreciate it...

i can say it sucks because i use it. and i never said i was gonna kill that char. 146 levels invested?! no way.

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2003, 12:39 AM
On 2003-04-02 21:35, blue-hawk wrote:

On 2003-04-02 21:29, OdinTyler wrote:

i can say it sucks because i use it. and i never said i was gonna kill that char. 146 levels invested?! no way.

Well, it's good to know you wouldn't throw your char away. I'm guessing she's your main one? I love my RAmarl too (but she's not my main char). Mine is a FOmarl & I can say it doesn't COMPLETELY suck because she TOO is a Purplenum. Just give it a chance. So what if you don't find things for YOUR char. Find things for other chars & trade. If you don't want to trade online, have other chars & trade among YOURSELF. Hasn't anyone figured that out yet? You need more than 1 char for the simple fact that there's so much to find, so little room to store, & so much to explore. If I can find the occasional nugget w/Purplenum, you can too...or would you like my assistance? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blue-Hawk
Apr 3, 2003, 12:44 AM
i would accept, but i have no online for me.
now, if purplenum will only cough up for me, my yasminkov 2000h, ruby bullet and parts of baranz, i will be happy. maybe, even the kamui... but thats not the important thing to find.

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2003, 12:48 AM
On 2003-04-02 21:44, blue-hawk wrote:
i would accept, but i have no online for me.
now, if purplenum will only cough up for me, my yasminkov 2000h, ruby bullet and parts of baranz, i will be happy. maybe, even the kamui... but thats not the important thing to find.

Well, I'd like to find those as well but seeing as I'm only 82 on my FOmarl, I don't expect to see them any time soon (it would be nice though). Just keep trying. I never thought I'd get a Frozen Shooter but I got it. I know it's not the most rare wep but still...the point is there. Just never give up. How do you think I feel? I don't get to play much & if I'm not giving up, you shouldn't either. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps soldier & get to it! LOL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blue-Hawk
Apr 3, 2003, 12:51 AM
trust me. if i wanted to give up on purplenum, i would have done so. i already killed a lv 124 oran hucaseal a while back. i do have one thiung to look forward to. hitting lv 152 so i can make my aura field.

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2003, 12:59 AM
On 2003-04-02 21:51, blue-hawk wrote:
trust me. if i wanted to give up on purplenum, i would have done so. i already killed a lv 124 oran hucaseal a while back. i do have one thiung to look forward to. hitting lv 152 so i can make my aura field.

I'd love to have an Aura Field. I got as far as the 120s when I had my FOmarl on the DC. I remade her the same for the GC & shes 81 now. Best armor I found was a Sacred Cloth (& I know it's still going to be a while before I can use THAT). At least it has a slot on it...or is it 2? I have to check! LOL I don't think I've ever seen an Aura Field in-game. Is that the 1 where it looks like a telepipe ring (the old graphics from DC) around your feet or is that something else? I could use (among other things) better armor...

Blue-Hawk
Apr 3, 2003, 01:04 AM
On 2003-04-02 21:59, OdinTyler wrote:

I'd love to have an Aura Field. I got as far as the 120s when I had my FOmarl on the DC. I remade her the same for the GC & shes 81 now. Best armor I found was a Sacred Cloth (& I know it's still going to be a while before I can use THAT). At least it has a slot on it...or is it 2? I have to check! LOL I don't think I've ever seen an Aura Field in-game. Is that the 1 where it looks like a telepipe ring (the old graphics from DC) around your feet or is that something else? I could use (among other things) better armor...

telepipe ring? thats the brightness circle. i have that too. made that from an oran and a redria char set i once had. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Apr 3, 2003, 06:55 AM
On 2003-04-02 22:04, blue-hawk wrote:

On 2003-04-02 21:59, OdinTyler wrote:

telepipe ring? thats the brightness circle. i have that too. made that from an oran and a redria char set i once had. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

So, it would seem Oran isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. I'd like to find all those things...I just need to get my FOmarl to explore more of Ult (& get my other chars up there to). It's hard when you don't have much time to play during the week (I usually only get to play during the weekend--though this week, I've been MAKING myself play a little at a time). I need a vacation JUST to play PSO! LOL Sad, isn't it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif How do you get a Brightness Circle anyway?

Elusive_Llama
Apr 3, 2003, 08:30 AM
Aura field looks like you're on fire, but the flames are blue in colour because it's draining from your tp.

As for the whole Frozen Shooter vs Snow Queen thing, just pipe for another Frozen Shooter and upgrade that one. Use the SQ against big groups of stuff, groups of mid-level dangerous things (ie. hidelts) and bosses with multiple hit locations all grouped together. It shoots like a photon launcher, but it has rifle range and rifle speed. Use the FS on things with high EVP such as Sinows, Dark Bringers, etc.

The way you can tell if you're using the special attack with the FS is if the shot comes out like a beam of energy instead of a tiny blue bolt. Both guns have a 100% freeze rate, but only if the special attack hits.

Robantifast
Apr 3, 2003, 08:26 PM
but what about the ruby bullet? is it worth getting if I already have a fully grinded red handgun?

Yoda86
Apr 3, 2003, 08:31 PM
I have yet to get a Ruby Bullet or Red Handgun but for the part about the FS against the SQ, I would definetly go with the Frozen Shooter.