PDA

View Full Version : Event Story Patch Thread (Updated 3/31/2014)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

AIDA
Apr 14, 2013, 06:35 PM
Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen! Turn the lights down low and shut your faces (http://goo.gl/wdl2Zh), because the latest version of the PSO2 Story patch is out now for Episode 3!

The latest version translates most of Story Mode Text/Blue tablets/Matterboard tablets/Arks Road.

Please post any black-screen errors, spelling, or lining/grammatical errors on this thread. Thanks a ton, and enjoy!

Where to find it:

Install via Tweaker (http://arks-layer.com)

Reporting Missing Scenes:

So far most of the game has been translated and we're working on getting the rest of the game. However, the script includes NO character names and NO event labels ONLY DIALOG. To report a missing event include a copy/paste of some dialog, otherwise we have no way to locate the event.

blace
Apr 14, 2013, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't say a fan translation is "official", but nice to know.

Meyfei
Apr 14, 2013, 06:53 PM
Welcome one and all! Settle down and shut your faces, because the latest version of the PSO2 Story patch is out now!

We've gone through a lot of changes lately, one of which is myself, AIDA, stepping up to lead this project (among others). Therefore, I figured it was time for a new thread, full of life and happiness! (and nutella - The stuff's delicious!)

As of now, the lastest story patch has chapters 1 - 9 translated, along with MB (I believe, I'll confirm with Kion when he gets on) 1 - 9.

Please post any black-screen errors, spelling, or lining/grammatical errors on this thread. Thanks a ton, and enjoy!

Thread will be revamped later, working on a tool to detect if a user has all the win32 files they need, so people can solve these stupid patching errors. #watchandlearnSEGA

I've been putting off finishing my MB2, heck I'm to the point I'm purposely avoiding the last Matterboard item, and putting off the quest to unlock MB3. I can't wait to start testing it any reports will be sent here!

Also...

(and nutella - The stuff's delicious!)

My day has officially been Made. thanks! xD

Lostbob117
Apr 14, 2013, 07:05 PM
Something you should add to this

*Kion is still going to be the translator. So people aren't misguided.

But really, the new thread was kinda uhh unneeded.

Shinamori
Apr 14, 2013, 07:59 PM
Can't wait until chapter 10 is done.

Kion
Apr 14, 2013, 08:07 PM
Working on it. Patch notes, chapter 9 and side chapter should be mostly finished for the core story parts. Some blue events are going to be missing, so I'm going to be trying to fill those in. And as soon as I get my hands on a video of chapter 10 I can start translating that.

IndigoNovember
Apr 14, 2013, 09:14 PM
To double check, the new patch completely overrides the old patch and old side patch, correct?

Ezodagrom
Apr 14, 2013, 09:23 PM
Working on it. Patch notes, chapter 9 and side chapter should be mostly finished for the core story parts. Some blue events are going to be missing, so I'm going to be trying to fill those in. And as soon as I get my hands on a video of chapter 10 I can start translating that.
Did a quick search on youtube, a video from chapter 10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdjmNd0Y0ig

Apparently it was uploaded recently. ^^

IndigoNovember
Apr 14, 2013, 09:38 PM
Yeah, sub Runana13 for Story Quests and chocolamilchful for Event Fields, Matoi, Shion, etc.

Kion
Apr 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
PSO2 ????????? ?10? ??????????? OUR FINAL FAREWELL - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdjmNd0Y0ig)

[spoiler-box]
Just finished watching this during my lunch break. But No! NOOOO! I REFUSE!!! I was wondering to see if the story would start to come full circle and NO! It fucking doesn't!!!? Are you serious? Kuna is number 0 of the Council of Six? The why the fuck does she know sooo much less than Casra? How does she know Hadred? Why is the strongest of the council of Six a fucking idol when she's in the death squad? Why was she in the research facility? Why would Arks make someone they were experimenting on one of the council of Six? If the council of Six doesn't know anything, then who the fuck is in charge? Why is Kuna friends with a dragon? Why was there a fucking dragon in Arks? If Hadred is a dragon then why doesn't his name go inline with the rest of the dragonkin? If Hadred can't speak, then why the hell is Kuna his friend? Axe cop makes more sense than this![/spoiler-box]

Chik'Tikka
Apr 14, 2013, 11:16 PM
+^_^+ ty for new torrent+^_^+ and may i request that the link to the Arks-layer be placed in the OP?? some noobs to the forum may find this thread and not think to look at Kion's siggy+^_^+

EDIT: 4 MB/s DL speed..... i love torrents+^_^+

Maronji
Apr 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
Oh, god, Kion. lol

Anyway, confirmed that the Chapter 8 Act 2 black screen is fixed. However, you absolutely must start from a clean, unpatched folder before applying the patches. The black screen issue will persist if you simply patch over Story Patch v0.45. My brother learned this the hard way since he was too impatient to wait for me to make a new backup.

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 12:19 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]

Just finished watching this during my lunch break. But No! NOOOO! I REFUSE!!! I was wondering to see if the story would start to come full circle and NO! It fucking doesn't!!!?

Are you serious? Kuna is number 0 of the Council of Six?

Clarisa was retrieved and used to revive Falz Elder. Claris Claes III's current Clarisa is a dark one, implying that it's either corrupted or a phony. In which case the current Claris Claes has to answer for that blunder.

Also, the Casura in Ch9 and 10 may be a phony - Kuna doesn't seem to trust him. I wonder why - maybe he's a fake? A Darker Clone? Casura somehow MYSTERIOUSLY escaped from death when Falz broke out, which makes me think that the REAL Casura is dead. This leaves a vacant spot in the roster, and now Kuna is undergoing a trial to see if she qualifies.

Then why the fuck does she know sooo much less than Casra?

That's easy. The Council probably keeps things from her the same way they did us - even we were only getting tiny hints about the Naberius Hoax (and it took Casura until the last second to fill us in on the entire thing, and he didn't even do that right)

How does she know Hadred?

I'm guessing it mirrors the same way that Rico knew Flowen in PSO1 Episode 1 and 2 - that Flowen was once human, but became a monster through some twisted dimensional warping. Hadred could have been manipulated to a point where he was unrecognizable - hell, even Kuna seems to disagree with his actions, given how much she uses the word "uragiri" which means "traitor". I'm willing to bet that the Arks were doing something involving him that Kuna warned him against, but he went along with it anyways; hence his current form.

Why is the strongest of the council of Six a fucking idol when she's in the death squad?

Because the only one who knows about her other form is you (she even asks you to keep quiet about it). Everyone else is oblivious. It makes for a very good alias if you come off as something appealing to the public - especially if your associates have something to hide.

Why was she in the research facility?

See above. Hadred was involved in an experiment of sorts - it's how he got that form. She was there to try and stop the moron from going through with it, and only got there too late.

Why would Arks make someone they were experimenting on one of the council of Six?

I doubt she was directly affected. More like she received after-effect radiation, resulting in her mutational appearances. It would go hand in hand with why she'd need to keep a second identity as an idol.

If the council of Six doesn't know anything, then who the fuck is in charge?

Something tells me Xion has the answers here. She's been eerily silent, and desperately trying to gain our trust. Why, though, is the big question here.

As for the Council of Six, while the public thinks that they are the top, that could actually be a lie. Think DBZ with the Four Kais, the Grand Kai, and the Supreme Kai. The Grand Kai rules over the Four Kais, yet few people actually knew the Supreme Kai was higher in rank than the Grand Kai.

I imagine it's the same here - the Council of Six are actually a rank less than the TRUE superiors. But the only ones with a clue are yourself and two dead guys.

Why is Kuna friends with a dragon? Why was there a fucking dragon in Arks?

See above.

If Hadred is a dragon then why doesn't his name go inline with the rest of the dragonkin? If Hadred can't speak, then why the hell is Kuna his friend? Axe cop makes more sense than this!

Hadred has a limited sense of speech. The only way you'd know is if you took the top option during Chapter 10, which I believe is only possible if every Dragonkin is left alive during the initial climb.

He says something to the effect of "Let me hear you sing once more" - which also ties all of it together: Hadred was once human, but became what he is now by meddling with something he shouldn't. The only thing keeping what little of his soul he had left was Kuna's voice - specifically, her song. It's why she's singing that particular melody in every cutscene.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

My replies in italics. This is based on carefully analyzing not just words, but actions as well. Also, I tend to go with more than just one way of reading a story - helps me understand things that other people may not notice.

Maronji
Apr 15, 2013, 12:21 AM
Uh, Renvalt? All quoted text is in italics.

Might I suggest you change it to bold?

Never mind, looks like you got it as soon as I posted.

Though now, I might suggest that you put it in a spoiler-box, but... *shrugs* Up to you.

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 12:28 AM
Uh, Renvalt? All quoted text is in italics.

Might I suggest you change it to bold?

Never mind, looks like you got it as soon as I posted.

Though now, I might suggest that you put it in a spoiler-box, but... *shrugs* Up to you.

Done to preserve the mystique for those who desire it so. Kion's DEFINITELY gonna love this one though.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 04:40 AM
[spoiler-box]
Just finished watching this during my lunch break. But No! NOOOO! I REFUSE!!! I was wondering to see if the story would start to come full circle and NO! It fucking doesn't!!!? Are you serious? Kuna is number 0 of the Council of Six? The why the fuck does she know sooo much less than Casra? How does she know Hadred? Why is the strongest of the council of Six a fucking idol when she's in the death squad? Why was she in the research facility? Why would Arks make someone they were experimenting on one of the council of Six? If the council of Six doesn't know anything, then who the fuck is in charge? Why is Kuna friends with a dragon? Why was there a fucking dragon in Arks? If Hadred is a dragon then why doesn't his name go inline with the rest of the dragonkin? If Hadred can't speak, then why the hell is Kuna his friend? Axe cop makes more sense than this![/spoiler-box]

Hadred is a girl's name, btw

Rien
Apr 15, 2013, 04:56 AM
Hadred is a girl's name, btw

Hadred's voice (whatever little we heard of it) sounds like a woman to me, too. Just saying '-'

Kilich
Apr 15, 2013, 06:29 AM
So, the site has nothing but the download now? Can you put the text story version back? I'd like to read on mb9 and 10 events I did without the patch.

Gama
Apr 15, 2013, 08:43 AM
i will keep seeding this. thanks, now ill be able to understand ingame what the hell is happening

Kion
Apr 15, 2013, 09:46 AM
Done to preserve the mystique for those who desire it so. Kion's DEFINITELY gonna love this one though.

Yeah, I tend to bitch and rant a lot. Probably because I want too much Spoony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt39TNCpRTg

[spoiler-box]
I'm surprised there are actually valid points in there. My main problem isn't the actual story in itself it's the haphazard way they go about it. Arks is a civilization that has mastered inter-galactic travel and they do't have a life form scanner for the Lilipans? Fourie has to get out on foot? And so far Gettemhult is the only character that actually has any back story motivations or development. For me it's not the story it's mostly how it's told.

I mean it would be a lot cooler if you could visit the broken down lab and infer what happened for yourself. Or if consumed by anger Kuna vows vengeance against the Arks for betraying her friend. Or if Afin determined to track down his sister finds his way to a darker den and get's possessed by darkers himself. There are so many possibilities, and so much they could do and yet they seem to always find the most bland way to get through the game using nothing but character dialog. Like Ulc being dead? Didn't know about that? Yeah, Theodore mentions it offhand in a blue tablet scene.

I realize that actually going as far as making environment like a lab or something would probably cost quite a bit and they're using what resources they have. But still they could be using them a lot more effectively if they did small things like developing characters more or gave them motivations, feeling and personalities rather than just flat character traits.

As for Xion and the plot as a whole. This image is from the guidebook. (http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up45469.jpg) Around the year 500 and Arks ship disappears while investigating a black hole. About 100 years after that darkers start appearing where ever Arks goes, and Arks becomes an organization devoted to wiping out Darkers. In the post side chapter where Afin meets Apprentice she mentions offhand that we're only your enemy, because you're ours. Also the stupid D-Arkers translation from the english version kind of gives that whole plot away. Xion i think is likely someone from the original science vessel. She keeps saying, "I and we", so the "we" might refer to her colleges?.
[/spoiler-box]

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 10:33 AM
[spoiler-box]
I'm surprised there are actually valid points in there. My main problem isn't the actual story in itself it's the haphazard way they go about it. Arks is a civilization that has mastered inter-galactic travel and they do't have a life form scanner for the Lilipans? Fourie has to get out on foot?

I thought about that too - the one vehicular installation in the game actually gets the least amount of valid use. I mean, I think those gun batteries have a lot of potential, if you get what I'm saying.

And so far Gettemhult is the only character that actually has any back story motivations or development.

That's interesting. I had merely considered him Kenpachi in PSO2 form (only without the whole Yachiru-kindness thing going for him). So there was another reason why he was doing the shit he did?

For me it's not the story it's mostly how it's told.

Wasn't it the same way in PSO1? I mean, it only took you guys until somewhat recently to piece together everything about Kireek and co. right? And that was even in translated English for ya!

I mean it would be a lot cooler if you could visit the broken down lab and infer what happened for yourself. Or if consumed by anger Kuna vows vengeance against the Arks for betraying her friend.

With the recent datamining material, and Hadred being dead by Kuna's hand (not to mention how she looks at Casura in disgust), that's a very likely scenario.

Or if Afin determined to track down his sister finds his way to a darker den and get's possessed by darkers himself.

Considering how Elder isn't exactly dead (we saw as much in that event plate), I'm like to believe Gettemhalt might be able to troll Afin from the grave. Question is, with Afin's latest transformation brought about by Apprentice's appearance, will it work?

There are so many possibilities, and so much they could do and yet they seem to always find the most bland way to get through the game using nothing but character dialog.

It was the same with PSO1. SEGA likes being vague with PS writing.

Like Ulc being dead? Didn't know about that? Yeah, Theodore mentions it offhand in a blue tablet scene.

Ulc? Dead? Well, first off, she was mysteriously inducted into the Arks on a special permit - I think someone gave her that spot to use her as meaningless fodder. With her lack of combat skills, she wasn't getting in anyway.

I mean hell, Theodore joined the Arks because it was a big fad (scoring with Ulc being his ulterior motive), whilst Ulc tried to join out of worry that Theodore was getting in over his head (when it was in fact her that didn't know what the hell she was doing)

I realize that actually going as far as making environment like a lab or something would probably cost quite a bit and they're using what resources they have.

Seabed would like to have a word with you.

But still they could be using them a lot more effectively if they did small things like developing characters more or gave them motivations, feeling and personalities rather than just flat character traits.

Well, lemme just use Hadred's death here as a way to expand this:

Hadred's dead. He's a Human trapped in a Dragon's body with Darker-tainted blood.

With Sanctum out, the next move made will be that the Dragonkin will take him to be judged as a heretical dragon. Of course, the Darkers won't stand for this, as he could be useful to them. That will initiate a quarrel between Dragon and Darker.

So far, that's tense enough as is, but what if we add Kuna's desire to save what little of her friend's dignity remains as another plot point? Out of everyone, she knows more about Hadred than anyone (she was the closest).

Goranzoran, Herald of the Sanctum (the way he fights screams Necromancer or Warlock), will be a story boss or important NPC down the line, despite being so darn Engrish-y.

They've still got room to expand on Kuna, now that I look at it. Especially since we're now only finding out that the Council gets their orders from someone else, and that Sakai has their demise slated for future content.

As for Xion and the plot as a whole. This image is from the guidebook. (http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up45469.jpg) Around the year 500 and Arks ship disappears while investigating a black hole. About 100 years after that darkers start appearing where ever Arks goes, and Arks becomes an organization devoted to wiping out Darkers. In the post side chapter where Afin meets Apprentice she mentions offhand that we're only your enemy, because you're ours. Also the stupid D-Arkers translation from the english version kind of gives that whole plot away. Xion i think is likely someone from the original science vessel. She keeps saying, "I and we", so the "we" might refer to her colleagues?

First off, my ISP is Comcast. Try not linking that site for images next time, okay? I'm 403'd if I try.

Second, that actually brings into mind something Sakai said earlier in PSO2's development - he said there would be a total of 6 or 7 planets. What if the Darkers' origin world becomes one of those? I mean, it would fit with that whole Rykros theme that every PS after IV featured (with the exception of Vanilla PSU).

Third, it brings an interesting question as to why Apprentice didn't just off us both at that moment. She had the power, Huey wasn't going to notice - so why stay her hand? Heck, Elder wouldn't have cared if she did.

Something stayed her hand, and it is that that probably makes me think that we have so little knowledge of the Darkers' intentions than we do about our own organization. I mean, what with them having to use a stand-in for Casura.
[/spoiler-box]

Replies in bold.

Kion
Apr 15, 2013, 11:09 AM
Replies in bold.

[spoiler-box]
Not too much on Gettemhult directly. There's a conversation with Zeno where he says, "I'd probably turn out like Gettemhult too if I lost everything like he did". He unlocked Dark Falz Elder so that he could either die or take revenge. But one thing that kind of bothers me is that he sacrifices Sheena to break the seal. And then Sheena turns out fine. I mean wasn't her life taken to break the seal? I mean, "yeah, my heart was cut out in an ancient aztec sun god ritual, but after getting a few days of bed rest, i'm feeling better."

And yeah, seabed is epic. Just epic. The thing where I value pso1's story above pso2's was the non-verbal story telling aspect of it. There were a lot of clues in the areas, in the story, and in the scenes that you could reference what was going on, where as pso2 seems to go completely on information for cut scenes. The new raging dragon EQ is an extension of the events from the story chapter 9, but you wouldn't get that unless you specifically did the story chapter. Where as seabed, with out experiencing any of the story you get that it was an old lab, something much have gone wrong, and the boss ant the end must have been the result of that. So it's more that I'd like to see more exposition told by the game design itself and not entirely through cut scenes. And vital exposition only given in a guidebook sold separately seems kind of disingenuous and lazy.
[/spoiler-box]

Rien
Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 AM
I wonder, maybe Shion is the one who made Hadred... Well, Hadred?

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 03:05 PM
[spoiler-box]What if apprentice...IS Afin's sister?

@_@

In all seriousness I think the people writing this stuff have very little experience writing. It's one thing to be vague but Ulc's secenes make it very difficult to be attacked to her before she's offed and she seemed to say she was basically going to be doing office work. Why'd they kill the receptionist? And if they did allow her into combat, something needs to happen to make that significant even though as a character she was completely insignificant. Granted I didn't see that tablet but the sheer fact that it's not handled in the main story coupled with the implication that Theodore's not THAT broken up about it...I mean if someone I cared for was given a job everyone knew they couldn't do...even them and then mysteriously died shortly after...the only reason i would stay within that organization would be to get answers and expose them - and that's if I stayed. I mean what if Hadred is or was like Ulc and the reason she and other people who can't use photons are even brought into Arks is to get test subjects to experiment on and engineer to be weapons? And if not that, then why is the Ulc/Theodore thing even given the level of attention it is? Did Ulc's sacrifice have any purpose at all? Did she and many Bothans die to bring us any sort of information?

Too much of the story is treated like...side story. And side story is only interesting if it involves people who are significant either in plot or at least are interesting themselves.

I do think it's an interesting point that darkers are implied to be directly related to Arks. It's entirely possible that the darkers themselves are what's left of that research team corrupted by the profound darkness(nothing new here) and Xion is actually some personification of the will of that crew still fighting back even in death. It'll be lord knows how long before we figure it all out though because so much of the story is told like a 2 year old would talk about his day: half thoughts recited out of order like an ill prepared Tarantino movie. "I has cereal, do you like cereal? My mom has long hair. There's a monster under my bed. Do you like cheez-its? Sometimes daddy yells. I pet a bunny." [/spoiler-box]

Maybe Sega decided to hire Kubara to write the story...sorry...storic.

Yden
Apr 15, 2013, 03:26 PM
[spoiler-box]
How does she know Hadred?
[/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]She mentions that they were siblings right before the battle with my very loose understanding of Japanese. From what I can figure is that Haldred was involved in some experiment that turned her into the Chrome Dragon but I'm not 100% sure about that since I have a very vague understanding of the language.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zorafim
Apr 15, 2013, 03:32 PM
I'm waiting (with bated breath) for one of the new matter boards to be 100% before I start. I think I have 9 and 11 open? You said all of the missable stuff is translated well in those chapters, but it's just the blue tablets that you can find whenever which aren't translated yet? Woo! I get to continue the story!

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]First up is....

I'm waiting (with bated breath) for one of the new matter boards to be 100% before I start. I think I have 9 and 11 open? You said all of the missable stuff is translated well in those chapters, but it's just the blue tablets that you can find whenever which aren't translated yet? Woo! I get to continue the story!

MB11 can be done at the same time as MB9&10, since Casura seems to only show up in MB9&10. In fact, there's one event plate in 9 that I haven't seen which has Casura in it, and I didn't do the path where he tags along for Chapter 9. I'll see what's up with that, since hardly anyone here takes all the routes.

What if apprentice...IS Afin's sister?

The signs point to it. Apprentice mentions that she hasn't seen Elder in 10 years since they woke up, and Afin's sister disappeared 10 years ago. Too much coincidence to write off.

In all seriousness I think the people writing this stuff have very little experience writing. It's one thing to be vague but Ulc's scenes make it very difficult for her to be attacked before she's offed and she seemed to say she was basically going to be doing office work. Why'd they kill the receptionist?

Originally, Falz Elder being awake wasn't affecting the ordeal. Him waking up forced them to bring all the manpower that they could - and only a handful of people actually survived the fight. Ulc could've been among those who got killed.

And if they did allow her into combat, something needs to happen to make that significant even though as a character she was completely insignificant.

Falz Elder's revival, and the fact that a decent chunk of the Arks fleet was obliterated instead of invaded. Hell, Elder even decided to use one of the ships to lay low at - that's how Darker Den got created.

Granted I didn't see that tablet but the sheer fact that it's not handled in the main story coupled with the implication that Theodore's not THAT broken up about it...

Theodore doesn't really have the time to be worrying about shit like that. Also, if she's dead, then why do I still see her in the Shop Lobby? That's.... fishy. She doesn't have the luxury of replication the way Casura does.

I mean if someone I cared for was given a job everyone knew they couldn't do...even them and then mysteriously died shortly after...the only reason i would stay within that organization would be to get answers and expose them - and that's if I stayed.

Kuna's continuing as an Arks as well. Why else would she give you her partner card at the end of Chapter 10? What's more, she takes up her true identity to fight with you, whilst remaining in the lobby in her idol persona.

It's too early to make her move - things have to be aligned JUST right before she goes and pulls the big rebellion.

I mean what if Hadred is or was like Ulc and the reason she and other people who can't use photons are even brought into Arks is to get test subjects to experiment on and engineer to be weapons?

Yet if that were true, Ulc would have brought that up.

And if not that, then why is the Ulc/Theodore thing even given the level of attention it is? Did Ulc's sacrifice have any purpose at all? Did she and many Bothans die to bring us any sort of information?

Wait a second... I'm gonna contradict my previous statements about Ulc's fate. Theodore doesn't seem all that upset, but what if that's because it isn't all that big a deal as it sounds? "Dying" doesn't necessarily mean "physical" death (unless Theo actually used the word for "death" as in "being killed" or "deceased").

Theo could mean that she's not the same person he remembers. Since they're both Arks now, he can get to her easier, meaning that he has a chance to ask her out (which was one of his goals that he DOESN'T tell you). A lot happens off-screen, so without hearing Theo's dialogue word for word, it won't make sense.

Too much of the story is treated like...side story. And side story is only interesting if it involves people who are significant either in plot or at least are interesting themselves.

First off, the events do tie together, but you have to connect all the dots yourself - it's not done for you. The things that Fourier, Aki/Light, Zeno/Echo are all doing on the three planets have correlation to the Arks' grand war against the Darkers.

And it's not really 100% related, but Jean mentions how most ARKS Initiates take the approach to the group that Theo does - they do it because it seems "cool" and only realize the true nature when it's too late.

And that's the thing - Ulc and Theo's story is VERY minor compared to the rest, and not really given a lot of attention. In fact, what, I think it's like only a small handful of scenes that they're given?

I do think it's an interesting point that darkers are implied to be directly related to Arks. It's entirely possible that the darkers themselves are what's left of that research team corrupted by the profound darkness(nothing new here) and Xion is actually some personification of the will of that crew still fighting back even in death.

I doubt it. You saw how Gettemhalt got possessed by Elder firsthand. He was trying to summon the god to kill it (Casura saying how the lie from the Arks Directive tried to make people believe they could kill him), but Elder instead decided to devour Gettemhalt's existence and take his body for himself. In essence, Gettemhalt is "dead" in the sense that the personality that originally inhabited the body is no more.

It's the same way with Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader - Obi Wan says in Return of the Jedi that when Anakin took up the Dark Side, the personality of Anakin was no more. Same thing here.

We know VERY little about Xion. All we have to go on is what the Guidebook says, and I can't read it since I'm a Comcast user.

It'll be lord knows how long before we figure it all out though because so much of the story is told like a 2 year old would talk about his day: half thoughts recited out of order like an ill prepared Tarantino movie. "I has cereal, do you like cereal? My mom has long hair. There's a monster under my bed. Do you like cheez-its? Sometimes daddy yells. I pet a bunny."

This almost comes off as arrogant and mockingly stupid. I'm inclined to believe you're just a sourpuss when it comes to how stories are written - you want every little thing explained to you in crisp detail, like a little child.

World don't work that way.

Next up is.....

Not too much on Gettemhult directly. There's a conversation with Zeno where he says, "I'd probably turn out like Gettemhult too if I lost everything like he did". He unlocked Dark Falz Elder so that he could either die or take revenge. But one thing that kind of bothers me is that he sacrifices Sheena to break the seal. And then Sheena turns out fine. I mean wasn't her life taken to break the seal? I mean, "yeah, my heart was cut out in an ancient aztec sun god ritual, but after getting a few days of bed rest, i'm feeling better."

Sheena could've had extensive surgery to have her heart replaced. Or it could have been the blood spilling from Sheena (which isn't shown but most likely implied) which awakened Elder. In fact, that makes more sense since [Elder] references the tree in the background of the ruins, which might be a reference to the Sambucus tree. Trees grow with water, so enough blood could possibly push Falz out of dormancy.

Also, regarding her being "just fine", she could just be on light duty until she fully recovers, as per orders from the top. She doesn't, y'know, give you her partner card. And from my knowledge, she doesn't appear in the City Invasion of Chapter 9, so odds are she's off-combat duty until otherwise.

And yeah, seabed is epic. Just epic. The thing where I value pso1's story above pso2's was the non-verbal story telling aspect of it. There were a lot of clues in the areas, in the story, and in the scenes that you could reference what was going on, where as pso2 seems to go completely on information for cut scenes. The new raging dragon EQ is an extension of the events from the story chapter 9, but you wouldn't get that unless you specifically did the story chapter. Where as seabed, with out experiencing any of the story you get that it was an old lab, something much have gone wrong, and the boss ant the end must have been the result of that. So it's more that I'd like to see more exposition told by the game design itself and not entirely through cut scenes. And vital exposition only given in a guidebook sold separately seems kind of disingenuous and lazy.

From what I gather, SEGA seems to think that not many people really cared about the story of the previous PSO games, which is why they built the story so that only "intelligent" people (AKA people who work to find all the juicy bits) would really get what's going on.

It's the same way with many of Sega's OTHER games - hell, you probably don't know about the plot behind Virtua Fighter - it's more than just a generic martial arts tournament (they even made a game to expand on this plot - and it takes after PSO a LOT).

I also haven't seen this "guidebook" for myself, because you uploaded it to a site I can't access.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's my replies. Comment and discuss.

Ezodagrom
Apr 15, 2013, 04:28 PM
That's my replies. Comment and discuss.
Re-upload of the guidebook picture:
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9627/up45469.jpg

Renvalt
Apr 15, 2013, 04:30 PM
Re-upload of the guidebook picture:
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9627/up45469.jpg

Well, crap. While I've seen the picture, I can't read Japanese Kanji - so this doesn't do me any good anyways.

Still saving it because it might be useful later.

Tcrusader51
Apr 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
Ok kind of confused here. What matterboards does the most recent update contains? Checked a blue tab in matter board 9 and it was in japanese.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure the blue tabs are done in board 9. just the gold and main story.

...I think

Tcrusader51
Apr 15, 2013, 05:51 PM
Ok thanks

Kion
Apr 15, 2013, 06:13 PM
It was too much to get all of the blue tablets in any decent amount of time. I just went by the matterboard events posted on youtube. So the essentials for chapters 9 & 11 should be there, I'll try to fill in the parts in between for the next update.

Lostbob117
Apr 15, 2013, 06:29 PM
Believe it or not Rappy, but things do happen without you being there. This thread was something Kion suggested to me.

And I don't recall saying Kion wasn't going to be the translator... so your point is...?

What I'm saying is that you should credit the people to there is no misguide that people might think you did all the work. Also Kion messaged me about the new thread and I told him "sorry for the misunderstanding."

Maronji
Apr 15, 2013, 07:03 PM
First and foremost, I don't mean to mini-mod, but just as a piece of friendly advice, let's keep this in mind (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205507), people. I don't know how many times I'm going to end up linking to that this week (i'll link it as many times as I have to), but let's keep it clean, okay?

[spoiler-box]Like Ulc being dead? Didn't know about that? Yeah, Theodore mentions it offhand in a blue tablet scene.[/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]O_O

Geh... Ngh... Uuu...

*falls to knees*

My... my favorite underdog... Ulc... is... is...!

*insert dramatic screaming at the top of lungs here*
[/SPOILER-BOX]
I'm sorry... I'm okay now.

Ulc was... well... She wasn't one of my top favorite characters, but that whole "Okay, I can't get into Arks the easy way because I can't handle Photons, but I'm going to do everything thing I can to get at least a desk job because I won't give up that easily!" thing she had going for her was something I could relate to. When I walked up to her that last time and she told me that she managed to get a job at Arks, I couldn't help but smile and be happy for her.

But now... *pauses* I... I think I need some time alone for a little while.

[SPOILER-BOX]Okay, so I'm not exactly the best go-to person for writing drama, but how'd I do on my "dramatic reaction" scene, given the limited text resources I have on a forum without going full-on roleplayer?

Though seriously, I do not take this news lightly. Are we absolutely sure about this, without reasonable doubt? Because if so, well... *holds in Cid Highwind-style swear bomb*[/SPOILER-BOX]

It was too much to get all of the blue tablets in any decent amount of time. I just went by the matterboard events posted on youtube. So the essentials for chapters 9 & 11 should be there, I'll try to fill in the parts in between for the next update.
So are we just talking side-skit blue tablets or matter board blue tablets? I'm honestly confused.

Kion
Apr 15, 2013, 09:39 PM
Matterboard events have both blue events and orange events. Orange events are the necessary events required to further the story, the blue events are extra events in the matterboard which provide extra information. Unless specified otherwise, when I say matterboard, that means every event node in the matterboard has been translated. So doing the story normally you should, in theory not run into any untranslated events doing that.

I don't play the game that often as I find myself too busy. So I'm still on chapter 5 personally. I was on chapter 3 until last week, so I'm trying to get caught up so I can confirm all of the events. Right now I'm going off what I can find on youtube, then I do a control+f to make sure i put priority on those events. If something's left out it's because I don't have access to the full list. As of right now, chapters 0-8 should be completely translated. Matterboard 9 and Matterboard 11 i translated all of the MB events that I was able to find off of youtube, so they're probably complete. But if you want to do the later chapters it might be a good idea to wait a little while for me to catch up.

Another thing that Maronji informed me of, is that the game doesn't record the fact that you completed an event until it finishes, so you can play the story and if you run into a event that isn't translated, you can hit F12, quit mid-conversation and you will be able to watch it later. For reporting events that haven't been translated, take a screenshot, or better yet a video and post it here (only for main story events). The game sript is listed by the order they record the events in, not by story. There are no event numbers or character names listed in the data. Only the content of each conversation. Reporting that the "A-2 Afin" conversation is not translated yet gives me no viable information for finding that dialog in the data to translate it.

As I defined above matter board events are any events that you run into a node, blue or orange. Blue tablet events are the side events that occur randomly in missions and appear as blue tablets.

[spoiler-box]
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/PSO2-Event-Tablet.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Ezodagrom
Apr 15, 2013, 09:45 PM
As I defined above matter board events are any events that you run into a node, blue or orange. Blue tablet events are the side events that occur randomly in missions and appear as blue tablets.

[spoiler-box]
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/PSO2-Event-Tablet.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Just to add a note about this, in the fields the matterboard events appear as golden tablets, be it events from golden nodes or blue nodes.

IndigoNovember
Apr 15, 2013, 09:57 PM
And grey tablets indicate Event Fields you have already witnessed. Whereas blue tablets indicate Event Fields that are new (they also have the little ping sound vs the grey ones who do not).

Maronji
Apr 15, 2013, 10:03 PM
... ... ...

I apparently need to get more sleep.

Didn't help that I got a spam call that I literally almost fell out of bed to answer earlier this morning while I was trying to sleep, though (I'm a night person).

Yden
Apr 15, 2013, 11:43 PM
Here's something messed up in the story mission for matter board 9.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/6ltcLBQ.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Caledonia
Apr 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the report, I'm going over it now, so these should all be fixed in the next update ^^

EDIT: Okay, I've fixed everything Z-0 and Indigo November posted in the old thread; mistakes, and line breaks alike (Huge thanks to you both). The trouble with the line breaks is I can't go back to all of them to see if my edit has made things better or not, so as well as anything I've missed in the spelling/grammar department, if you see text wrapping oddly (e.g "don't" where the "t" is on the next line) screenshot&report it so I can check it off against my script and have it fixed in the next version.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 16, 2013, 07:39 PM
+^_^+ finally started doing MB and realized i should take pics, anyway, found like 4 but only got one pic, will be sure to take more pics in future+^_^+

blue tablet event
should be "may be" and not "maybe" i think+^_^+

[spoiler-box]http://i49.tinypic.com/28jdzj4.png[/spoiler-box]

Zaven
Apr 17, 2013, 04:52 AM
[Quest]
 Rare Ore Mining
 Area 3

[Event]
 リリーパ族は何かを探す

Matterboard 4 : F2

Afin first sentence is in japanese, the rest is translated just fine. I am sorry i didn't take a screenshot i realised only after pressing enter ><

Edit : God, doing Fourier's matterboard again, but in english. This is so great, good job guys.

Maronji
Apr 27, 2013, 07:54 PM
Just dropping this here because it's (semi-)relevant.

[spoiler-box]WARNING: This is Matter Board/Chapter 10. If you don't like spoilers, then turn back now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ms35rQGdU[/spoiler-box]
There are some obvious typos in the two translated scenes in Chapter 10, but I can't remember right this second where they are or what they are (just got up and dizzy).

I'll point them out once my brain has some time to settle.

Kilich
May 3, 2013, 03:54 AM
So, is mb 10 and 11 translated? Not the story missions, but the golden tablets.

Maronji
May 3, 2013, 05:17 AM
So, everyone who has the story patch, have you been glitching on Lilipa TA? Or have you gotten the glitch with just the EN patch, or no patch at all?
I dodged it once. I'm not entirely certain how, but I did. Then a couple of days later, I did a file check exactly because of this issue (aka I'd heard about it but I hadn't done anything about it prior), put my patches back in, and got hit with it. Restored my backup, only did the Core+Large Files patch, (attempted to replicate my failing run but failed), and ran it again, finishing without a hitch twice.

So... I don't know. Either there's a really weirdly specific condition needed to trigger it (which I happened to do when I file-checked and re-patched) or taking the Story Patch out fixed it. I'm not entirely sure which, but further testing will have to be done when I get up again later (it's early morning here now).

So, is mb 10 and 11 translated? Not the story missions, but the golden tablets.

Matter Board 10 isn't translated at all in the current patch, if I remember correctly. Kion's working on it, and it should almost be done, last I heard (so it probably is done; just need to compile a new patch after we get the Lillipa TA stuff sorted out).

Matter Board 11 is mostly translated, to my knowledge, but there are a number of things directly-related to the story mission (possibly including the mission itself) that were joke-translated (just in time for April Fools at the time). Kion might want all of the joke stuff recorded before he gets rid of it so we can all look back on it and laugh, though, so I'm not sure when that's going to be.

My video recording backlog's already pretty full as it is, so it'll be a while before I get around to it (if at all). I still have to get someone up to Matter Board 05 and re-record that (preferably with the audio this time), edit/render/upload Run's Matter Board 06 and 07 footage, and break through Matter Board 08 after getting someone to Very Hard (I only have one character in VH at the moment, and she already missed her chance to record most of that stuff).

Aeris
May 3, 2013, 05:32 AM
So, everyone who has the story patch, have you been glitching on Lilipa TA? Or have you gotten the glitch with just the EN patch, or no patch at all?

Only thing i've heard its been bugging out the sub plallate weapon bar at the bottom of the screen causing it to stay down and you can't use any PAs or switch weapons, probably due the exe been updated a while back for the AC scratch and such, i use the normal and large patch files with not much of a issue atm with it even on the lillpa TA.

Rololf
May 3, 2013, 05:57 AM
I got that Lilipa TA glitch while using Eng patch and Story patch.
When it happen it's exactly like at the beginning when you get a transmission with other NPC (like Hans when you completed his order). My teammates tell me I had an "interacting" icon over my character head. (the icon that appear when you are choosing quest to join or when you learn skill/change class)
Temp fix for me is standing in Area2 and wait until Transmizer got pwned then after that I can get in normally.

Switched back to no patch and it's fine.

MoronSonOfBoron
May 4, 2013, 04:21 AM
When I used both the Story and English patches, I experienced the Lillipa TA glitch.

After filechecking and reinstalling only the English patch (no Story patch), I do not experience the Lillipa glitch.

IndigoNovember
May 4, 2013, 01:20 PM
EDIT: New patch is out, along with a new Patch Notes section on the website! Enjoy! ^^

Uh, getting a 404 when I try and download the new patch...

Caledonia
May 4, 2013, 01:47 PM
Try this link for the torrents for now;

story patch (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23005008/Story%20Patch%2005-02-2013.rar.torrent)

IndigoNovember
May 5, 2013, 07:20 PM
You must have tried to download it while I was working on the site, it's been working for the past 40 minutes now.

Seems like it.

Edit: Chapter 0's Story Quest got an addition.

Rebecca introduces players to the quest counter and how to get down to the shop area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA8sxKF4G4g

and for whatever reason I can't get the forum to automatically embed media even though it should be automatically parsing links in text and embedding.

Edit Edit: Thanks Maronji. That new HTTP Secure, not being recognized yet (TДT) .

Maronji
May 5, 2013, 07:48 PM
and for whatever reason I can't get the forum to automatically embed media even though it should be automatically parsing links in text and embedding.

It's because of the "https". Knock the "s" off and it should start working fine.

Source: I had this same issue once.

Tcrusader51
May 6, 2013, 06:16 AM
I don't know if chapter 10 story mission is suppose to be done or not. However in the true storyline after the little girl (forgot her name) called the player an emo, the part where she apologized (I assumed based of some words) isn't translated along with some other text before it goes back to english translated again.

It was like that on the previous patch (though that version didn't have the last half translated at all) so not sure if it was just missed out again or just having a hard time coding it and I should move past it. Either way, no big deal. Sorry I don't have a game recorder app at the moment.

fay
May 6, 2013, 10:02 AM
Just to check. When using this patch, do we put the files into win32 folder as well?

Caledonia
May 6, 2013, 06:45 PM
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS SEGA

I'll post it over to Kion.

I'm 90% sure we've got that in the new patch... at least, I've added one Rebecca conversation... which patch was this from?

I don't know if chapter 10 story mission is suppose to be done or not. However in the true storyline after the little girl (forgot her name) called the player an emo, the part where she apologized (I assumed based of some words) isn't translated along with some other text before it goes back to english translated again.

It was like that on the previous patch (though that version didn't have the last half translated at all) so not sure if it was just missed out again or just having a hard time coding it and I should move past it. Either way, no big deal. Sorry I don't have a game recorder app at the moment.

screenshot is all we need, chapter 10 should be almost finished in the current patch (couple of matter board tablets not done in the present version...) but this is why we have this topic, so when Kion & I both eff up we can sort it.

Just to double check; you both are on the new patch and installed it on a clean build?

Tcrusader51
May 6, 2013, 08:18 PM
I'm 90% sure we've got that in the new patch... at least, I've added one Rebecca conversation... which patch was this from?

screenshot is all we need, chapter 10 should be almost finished in the current patch (couple of matter board tablets not done in the present version...) but this is why we have this topic, so when Kion & I both eff up we can sort it.

Just to double check; you both are on the new patch and installed it on a clean build?

No, I just did an overwrite over the previous patch files. I'll try and make a clean build and will install it again. If it occurs again, I'll screenshot it and post it.

Maronji
May 6, 2013, 08:47 PM
No, I just did an overwrite over the previous patch files.

Thanks to accidental chance on the part of my brother, I've found that this is never a good idea, at least with the Story Patch. He did that, I patched over a clean folder. After the first boss fight at the end of Chapter 08 Act 2, he black-screened. I did not.

I don't know if we do already, but I think we need to point out somewhere that you should always patch over a clean folder for the Story Patch. I mean, besides the handful of people involved with the patch in some way, does anyone even know?

IndigoNovember
May 10, 2013, 02:52 AM
I seem to remember Kion saying something about including a link to the text with each patch, but since I can't find it off of the current Arks-Layer site I'm just going to post typo's here.

Matter Board 9:

D-3
Excelent timing -> Excellent timing
[spoiler-box]http://s13.postimg.org/c9e44llpz/typo.png[/spoiler-box]

E-3
actually wokring in the -> actually working in the
[spoiler-box]http://s12.postimg.org/xeittei5n/typo.png[/spoiler-box]

G-3
forgotten you're responcibilities as an Arks -> forgotten your responsibilities as an Arks
I wanted to ask you for -> I want to ask you for
[spoiler-box]http://s24.postimg.org/bml2rul4z/typo.png[/spoiler-box]

E-1
is is okay for me -> is it okay for me
[spoiler-box]http://s17.postimg.org/uhmcajm65/typo2.png[/spoiler-box]

break out in to song here -> break out into song here
[spoiler-box]http://s22.postimg.org/9x7e61g1b/typo3.png[/spoiler-box]

Psycl0ne
May 10, 2013, 04:10 AM
Hello, I was wondering if your tweaker app will automatically download the story patch as well? I really hate torrent app's :| lol.. but thank you for the hard work!

Veriti
May 14, 2013, 10:03 PM
So I was curious about the story translations and I was going through MB10 and found that C-4 was untranslated and a random lobby conversation with Quna during MB10 was also untranslated. So since I'll not be able to see those again I was wondering if there was a place to read the text of the conversations? I'm sorry if it's somewhere else in the thread I was looking around and didn't see anything.

LegendXCarisso
May 16, 2013, 01:16 PM
Hmm... is it just me, or does the Arks-layer site not have the download button for the patch? Or... was that removed intentionally? o.O

Calsetes
May 16, 2013, 01:32 PM
Probably intentional, since I don't think it works since the update. I applied the story patch and the one "main files" patch they put out and the game locked up three times when trying to make a new character when I clicked "create character." After re-downloading the original files and applying just the "main files" patch, it worked fine.

So, I'd say it's been removed until they can fix it, get it working again, and throw it back up there. Sucks for me, since I didn't know about it until the day of the update and wasted time downloading the files only to not use them.

LegendXCarisso
May 16, 2013, 01:49 PM
Probably intentional, since I don't think it works since the update. I applied the story patch and the one "main files" patch they put out and the game locked up three times when trying to make a new character when I clicked "create character." After re-downloading the original files and applying just the "main files" patch, it worked fine.

So, I'd say it's been removed until they can fix it, get it working again, and throw it back up there. Sucks for me, since I didn't know about it until the day of the update and wasted time downloading the files only to not use them.

Ah. That would explain it then. XD Thanks for letting me know that. :3

Link1275
May 16, 2013, 02:18 PM

It's working with minimal freezing for me. It's probably just a minor bug since Sega didn't add any new story related events and I just started a new character myself.

Calsetes
May 16, 2013, 02:29 PM
It's working with minimal freezing for me. It's probably just a minor bug since Sega didn't add any new story related events and I just started a new character myself.

You made a new character with the story patch installed, and it works? I might try it again myself, if that's the case. Who knows, maybe I hit some other issue or something.

Calsetes
May 16, 2013, 04:42 PM
Ok, so I tried it, and making a brand-new character with the story patch causes it to hang after picking "new character." I'm restoring the files and trying to make the character and log out after hitting the first field, then logging back in after applying the patch and seeing if it's just that initial movie causing the hangup, since I could log in as another character no problem with it installed.

Link1275
May 16, 2013, 05:06 PM
Ok, so I tried it, and making a brand-new character with the story patch causes it to hang after picking "new character." I'm restoring the files and trying to make the character and log out after hitting the first field, then logging back in after applying the patch and seeing if it's just that initial movie causing the hangup, since I could log in as another character no problem with it installed.
I made my character about one hour before the update, got to level 2, came back the next day and got to 14 with about 2-3 freezes along the way.

deahamlet
May 16, 2013, 08:22 PM
Any plans to have this available for download again? I'd love to know what they're all talking about :D.

Kion
May 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
Any plans to have this available for download again? I'd love to know what they're all talking about :D.

Heard it was causing freezes, so I took it down. But I put it back, since I figured, "well it maybe broken but people are still free to try it". AIDA is managing the patch, I don't really have access to the patch tools anymore, so there's not much I can do about it. I haven't seen AIDA on skype lately, so I don't know what's going on.

Also a side note, it's my last year of college, and my school is doing everything it can to waste my time. So I'm taking a break from translating pso2 until summer (july 22).

MistahBlob
May 16, 2013, 09:25 PM
It works fine for me..

Only problem I had was that I was forever stuck in the "tunnel loading screen".. but I fixed that by not installing the "Large File" that I had from last update.

IndigoNovember
May 16, 2013, 11:27 PM
Also a side note, it's my last year of college, and my school is doing everything it can to waste my time. So I'm taking a break from translating pso2 until summer (july 22).

Good luck~ University tends to do that X3 .

MoronSonOfBoron
May 17, 2013, 03:01 AM
Black screen accessing the final Event Field (Subdue Caterdra'n) on Matter Board 5.

Haseokun
May 17, 2013, 06:49 AM
I can verify that the patch currently does not work, regardless of applying large files or not. I ran the file check within AIDAs own PSO2 Tweaker, then exited the tweaker, patched over the english May 15th files, then the story patch over those. I then logged into the game and ran the first story mission which has no translation. For me it seems the english patch files do indeed work but the story patch does not. Even so the worst I have gotten is one BSOD. The one BSOD I got was when I killed a Funji in a Forest EQ that had captured another person. I have had zero errors since, but the game still lacks all story, matterboard, etc translations. The menus are translated, the skills and quests are as well, just not any of the story, which at least in my opinion is something I consider important and wish I myself could help translate.

Haseokun
May 17, 2013, 06:57 AM

I would like to know what launcher you are using to run the game and exactly which set of patch files you are using so that I can mimic your setup and attempt this myself. Was the character you created the first character ever created on that account or did you delete a character and make a new one?

Haseokun
May 17, 2013, 07:26 AM
Annnnd this just happened....and my games no longer working with the english patch files at all. I thought uploading this might help AIDA out. This error appears whenever I click "Install latest EN patch" or when I click any of the "remove" boxes on the left side and then click "Do it!". "Launch PSO2" still works fine as does the "Check for missing files" button and the "How does it work?" button. Those three buttons work fine. I'll see you guys and gals later on tonight with another report.

Calsetes
May 17, 2013, 08:42 AM
I'll post where I was having issues last night with the story patch:

-Hitting "make new character," it would hang on the screen before the first video plays.
-After entering the tutorial, it "hangs" right when you enter the field, and before the dialogue selection box appears as soon as you get down there.
-After finishing the first mission post-tutorial, where you have to fight the rock-throwing guys at the end. When exiting the campship, a dialogue box normally pops up informing you to talk to Afin for your first client order, hunting Fangulfs. It hangs before the dialogue box appears, just as with previous hangups (the game runs like normal, but no input works and the game is obviously waiting for a box to pop up to move on, but it never pops up.)

Hope this can help you guys figure out where exactly the issue is. Other such tutorials didn't seem to give me any issues, but I didn't play much last night.

Yden
May 17, 2013, 10:36 AM
Story mission 10 doesn't work as well. You freeze right before the darker attacking the dragonkin, the scene where he's supposed to thank you.

Link1275
May 17, 2013, 11:05 AM
I would like to know what launcher you are using to run the game and exactly which set of patch files you are using so that I can mimic your setup and attempt this myself. Was the character you created the first character ever created on that account or did you delete a character and make a new one?

-After finishing the first mission post-tutorial, where you have to fight the rock-throwing guys at the end. When exiting the campship, a dialogue box normally pops up informing you to talk to Afin for your first client order, hunting Fangulfs. It hangs before the dialogue box appears, just as with previous hangups (the game runs like normal, but no input works and the game is obviously waiting for a box to pop up to move on, but it never pops up.)

-When you talk to Xion after completing the first matter board(and maybe when accepting it).

-You get a never ending loading screen of death when you go to do the chapter 1 story mission, you can get into the mission and clear the first sector, but you can't get into sector 2.

Kasuma Izzigawa
May 18, 2013, 12:37 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed it and put it down here, but one of the Story Quests freeze up after walking a bit forward and triggering a cutscene. It was Eerie Naberius Part 2.

IchigoPSO2
May 18, 2013, 04:40 PM
Hi guys, this probably has been requested so many times before so I apologize for asking once again. Was wondering if someone has a direct download link. I have searched forums and googled for hours last night w/o any luck. Much appreciated.

IchigoPSO2
May 18, 2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks Aida!

Haseokun
May 18, 2013, 06:03 PM
I'm glad to hear that you've gotten better AIDA. That fever of yours sure must have been bothersome!

IchigoPSO2
May 19, 2013, 10:45 PM
Patiently waiting for a direct download :) I hope I'll get one before I start my 3rd matter board. Maybe someone is kind enough to upload one so Aida doesn't need to do all the work ;)

IchigoPSO2
May 20, 2013, 07:47 AM
Torrent is no good for me :( why I need a direct download. If it can't be done I'll probably just watch the story in youtube which is something I'm trying to avoid since it's best experienced in-game. It's no biggie if torrent is the only format you can put out. I was just hoping that maybe someone could upload it since it kinda look like the PSO2 community is big.

IchigoPSO2
May 20, 2013, 11:54 AM
You can't use torrents?

And there's going to be a bit of a delay - I just noticed that the tutorial was never translated - UNACCEPTABLE. I'll translate the tutorial, then put out the new patch.

I don't use torrent, it's a choice. Don't worry about it since it looks like I'm the only one asking for a direct download and don't want to be a burden. I'll keep asking around maybe someday someone will upload one.

Ryo
May 20, 2013, 12:57 PM
I don't use torrent, it's a choice. Don't worry about it since it looks like I'm the only one asking for a direct download and don't want to be a burden. I'll keep asking around maybe someday someone will upload one.

Might I ask why? Torrenting in itself isn't illegal.

KazukiQZ
May 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
Might I ask why? Torrenting in itself isn't illegal.
Maybe the download speed problem?
for some people it can't catch up with direct Download speed...

Z-0
May 20, 2013, 01:24 PM
I don't use torrents because it lags the network, and I'm on a network with multiple people. <_>

Ceresa
May 20, 2013, 04:02 PM
Anyone using the story patch having issues with Darker's Den? My last two abductions both had one player using it, and in the first run Ragne refused to spawn in A1, preventing completion. Second run Aragni and Zess refused to spawn, fixable by going to A1 and back.

I wouldn't think the story patch would be able to impact the game like that but when I read stuff like:

I'll post where I was having issues last night with the story patch:

-Hitting "make new character," it would hang on the screen before the first video plays.
-After entering the tutorial, it "hangs" right when you enter the field, and before the dialogue selection box appears as soon as you get down there.

Hope this can help you guys figure out where exactly the issue is. Other such tutorials didn't seem to give me any issues, but I didn't play much last night.
Of course if anyone is getting the same issues with 4 players not using the patch, disregard. Haven't seen anything on the official site though, and they're usually pretty quick about it.

Arcticx
May 20, 2013, 05:03 PM
AIDA there seems to be another issue with the Story Patch, I am on the quest where you have to capture the Nab Nappies, and in the second part of it im just stuck. Im not moving just like the tutorial area. I think there is supposed to be a dialogue box there.

Ezodagrom
May 20, 2013, 05:04 PM
Anyone using the story patch having issues with Darker's Den? My last two abductions both had one player using it, and in the first run Ragne refused to spawn in A1, preventing completion. Second run Aragni and Zess refused to spawn, fixable by going to A1 and back.

I wouldn't think the story patch would be able to impact the game like that but when I read stuff like:

Of course if anyone is getting the same issues with 4 players not using the patch, disregard. Haven't seen anything on the official site though, and they're usually pretty quick about it.
The story patch did cause problems with the Lillipa TA in the past, so it's a possibility.

PokeminMaster
May 20, 2013, 07:04 PM
Does anyone else have problems with the Story Patch?
I'm not sure if it's getting corrupted over time, the torrent didn't download correctly, or what, but I've been having issues ever since I started Matterboard 4 (Chapter 3, Lillipan Desert).

Now, it all started when I had to get a drop from a Signo Gun: I could not enter the Desert, but only sometimes. I'd be on the loading screen for about 5 seconds, then an error about memory would pop up. I could still type in the chatbox, but the title bar never appeared, and loading never finished. Re-copying the Patch fixed this.

Next, I crashed when re-doing Chapter 3, after completing the entire Matterboard. I started lagging and DCed just before finishing. I then come back, and the above problem occured again when trying to enter the Story Quest, but regular Desert Quests were fine... Again, re-copying the Patch files fixed this.

Chapter 4, in the Amduscian Volcanic Caverns (Cauldron) worked perfectly fine.

A problem where my screen would go black black when trying to contact Aki for the Matterboard now occured. Similar to above, I did not lose my connection, could still talk in the Chatbox to party members, and a title bar never showed up.

The problem where I got stuck on the loading screen NOW occurs when trying to enter Area 4 of the Subterranean Complex (Tunnels, Mines, etc.) or Area 4 of the Floating Continent (Skylands) Story Quests. Re-copying the Patch has NOT WORKED, and I have tried three times.

Considering I've seen every cutscene, except for the Area 4 cutscenes, I'll just run the Quests in Japanese. But I want to know if anybody has any clue why this is happening...

Kasuma Izzigawa
May 20, 2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks AIDA. I'll be sure to post if any other errors may come up randomly when I get the patch in.

IchigoPSO2
May 21, 2013, 02:36 AM
First post/website updated! I've also added a (slower) direct download link~

Thanks! Downloading it now. Estimate of 15 mins dl based on my net speed.

:D

Edit: so this also goes to the data/win32 ?? I used the PSO2 tweaker to install it but it's still in japanese :-?
Edit2: patched it manually and is now working! In case anyone has the same question as me it also goes to the data/win32

Maronji
May 21, 2013, 08:07 AM
Annnnnd, the direct download link has been disabled by dropbox because it caused too much traffic (Over 200GB downloaded in one day, which means over 100 people downloaded the new story patch TODAY.)

I was going to warn you about this, but I guess I forgot. Actually, Kion had the same thing happen to him a few months ago when he put out the original patch, if I remember correctly. I think it went down pretty fast, too.

KazukiQZ
May 21, 2013, 08:10 AM
The torrent has been updated right?
(runs to arks-layer.com immediately)
[SPOILER-BOX](comes back)

Thanks AIDA ;-)
(runs away)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Z-0
May 21, 2013, 01:29 PM
We got the issue without anyone with the Story Patch. However, interestingly enough, one of our players was able to see Ragne in Den, but 3 of us weren't.

Link1275
May 21, 2013, 01:32 PM
The patch has been updated! Yay! Now I can do Chapter 1!

IchigoPSO2
May 21, 2013, 02:29 PM
Annnnnd, the direct download link has been disabled by dropbox because it caused too much traffic (Over 200GB downloaded in one day, which means over 100 people downloaded the new story patch TODAY.)

Wow, I guess I was the only one vocal about needing a direct download. I was lucky enough to download it before it went down. Sorry that happened :(

Calsetes
May 21, 2013, 02:38 PM
Cool, I'll have to nab this and play all day again on a character who's "just out of the tutorial."

AzNW0ND4
May 21, 2013, 03:46 PM
I was reading through the posts and didn't see an answer to this. Either that or I read to fast and missed it, so I apologize in advance if I didn't see the answer already.

Is Matter Board 10's events translated? I was doing the 2nd golden node (MB10, C-6) and the event there still isn't translated. I've been on that node since early May and kept purposely crashing PSO because I don't want to advance the story without knowing stuff.

I also read on another post that someone also did a matter in MB10 and that was also not translated. That player also saw the random event with Kuna in the shopping lobby and also claimed that event was also not translated. I also saw this event and it was indeed untranslated at the time. I'm not sure if it's translated now or not, but I felt I had to bring this up since his/her post I believe has remained unanswered.

Now I understand that you and your team are very busy and don't have to do this. I just wanted to bring this up just in case no one has done so and you guys didn't know or maybe something is wrong with my patch. I don't know, I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Oh yes, and since this is my first post ever, I believe now is a good time as ever to say Thank you very much for all your hard work and keep it up!

Gigafreak
May 21, 2013, 08:10 PM
Direct Download goes down less than 6 hours after being posted. Over 200 gigabytes used; that's over 125 downloads of the 1.6 gigabyte file within those six hours. (And those were early AM hours in this timezone!)

The story patch is used by a niche playerbase within a niche playerbase; the fact that there's sufficient demand to use up all the bandwidth so quickly is... strangely heartening. There are just that many people who want to play this game in English among this small fraction of our niche alone; I can't imagine the international PSO2 release being starved for players.

Kion
May 21, 2013, 11:09 PM
This is why I put google analytics on arks-layer to be able to track if the game was gaining traction.
[spoiler-box]
May 13: accessed 324 times
May 14: accessed 434 times
May 15: accessed 862 times
May 16: accessed 604 times
May 17: accessed 553 times
May 18: accessed 564 times
May 19: accessed 620 times
May 20: accessed 578 times

Generally the trend has been that I've been getting a steady stream of about 500 visitors per day. Not to mention the download link being scattered around. So there's definitely a decent following. Might be better if, sega actually engaged the player base and maybe even gave a fuck to give an update about the game's progress, or post on their facebook page. Or showed even the slightest amount of effort or caring on their part.
[/spoiler-box]

KazukiQZ
May 22, 2013, 12:10 AM
Direct Download goes down less than 6 hours after being posted. Over 200 gigabytes used; that's over 125 downloads of the 1.6 gigabyte file within those six hours. (And those were early AM hours in this timezone!)

The story patch is used by a niche playerbase within a niche playerbase; the fact that there's sufficient demand to use up all the bandwidth so quickly is... strangely heartening. There are just that many people who want to play this game in English among this small fraction of our niche alone; I can't imagine the international PSO2 release being starved for players.

:cry: tear of happiness coming out...

ekrezem
May 22, 2013, 05:31 AM
Is there a need for a re-download all the time we have actual updates?
Just wondering since idk how will I backup all those files o.o. And knowing if I can delete the rar after overwriting the original's.

ekrezem
May 22, 2013, 05:53 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

The program I wrote will install the story patch and backup the original files beforehand.

And where does it backup it, if I may know? o.o
Not that I have a working one with me atm though lol

Arcticx
May 28, 2013, 08:41 PM
Aida im not quite sure if its the story patch but after I completed the free ruins quest i am unable to move or do anything. I am not quite sure why.

Grady219
May 28, 2013, 08:47 PM
I am having an issue with Matter Board 5 C-6. Whenever I take the elevator to the shop it instantly takes me to a cutscene and stays in a black screen limbo. I tried using the block changer by going to the team room and then going to the shop area and that got me in there. I'm supposed to meet up with Aki but when I go over to her nothing happens. Maybe the cutscene load zone got misplaced or something?

Maronji
May 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
I am having an issue with Matter Board 5 C-6. Whenever I take the elevator to the shop it instantly takes me to a cutscene and stays in a black screen limbo. I tried using the block changer by going to the team room and then going to the shop area and that got me in there. I'm supposed to meet up with Aki but when I go over to her nothing happens. Maybe the cutscene load zone got misplaced or something?

I did that one just recently since I started recording again (yes, finally) and it worked just fine.

Are you using the 5-20 patch, and did you patch over a clean folder (aka you didn't patch over an old story patch)?

Grady219
May 28, 2013, 09:51 PM
I did that one just recently since I started recording again (yes, finally) and it worked just fine.

Are you using the 5-20 patch, and did you patch over a clean folder (aka you didn't patch over an old story patch)?

I'm using the 5/02 patch. PSO2 hasn't overwritten it so I didn't feel the need to.

Maronji
May 28, 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm using the 5/02 patch. PSO2 hasn't overwritten it so I didn't feel the need to.

You should probably update regardless. From what I understand, 5/20 fixed a bunch of bugs (probably mostly black screen bugs), and the one you mentioned above (which I actually successfully recorded) was most likely one of them.

EDIT: Now if only we could fix the rogue black screen bugs that occur when you get the story missions for Chapter 01 and Chapter 07 (coincidentally, the only missions that are unlocked via cutscenes).

Gigafreak
May 29, 2013, 06:49 PM
Does the 5-20 story patch still work after the May 29 update?

warpkun
May 30, 2013, 12:50 AM
5-20 has worked for the 29th update on matterboard 9 for me! Which brings me here!
I finished matterboard 9...got 10 from xion...and Kuna is not doing an encore! After that...for no reason...I thought...lets go see Kuna instead of starting matterboard 10. A scene came...Kuna talks to you...but its in japanese...so can't tell if its not translated...or the patch failed on that part!! I would like to know ASAP!!

JRDeBo
Jun 1, 2013, 10:43 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the patch.

IndigoNovember
Jun 2, 2013, 12:28 AM
Spelling Errors

MB 9: C-6

"you to chace that drgaon." -> "you to chase that dragon."
[spoiler-box]http://s9.postimg.org/ixsrpftkd/typo.png[/spoiler-box]

"Signing while taking a break" -> "Singing while taking a break"
[spoiler-box]http://s17.postimg.org/p3b3w8s0d/typo.png[/spoiler-box]

"but I have soemthing to ask of you." -> "but I have something to ask of you."
[spoiler-box]http://s15.postimg.org/htd4ubt7d/typo.png[/spoiler-box]

"not to leak any informaiton" -> "not to leak any information"
[spoiler-box]http://s2.postimg.org/5rdh73uhj/typo1.png[/spoiler-box]

"counting on your from here" -> "counting on you from here"
[spoiler-box]http://s15.postimg.org/rcmtnsgpl/typo2.png[/spoiler-box]

Caledonia
Jun 2, 2013, 03:56 AM
5-20 has worked for the 29th update on matterboard 9 for me! Which brings me here!
I finished matterboard 9...got 10 from xion...and Kuna is not doing an encore! After that...for no reason...I thought...lets go see Kuna instead of starting matterboard 10. A scene came...Kuna talks to you...but its in japanese...so can't tell if its not translated...or the patch failed on that part!! I would like to know ASAP!!

I know of one Kuna scene that is untranslated, but I thought it was on matter board 10... ...I'll check, but hopefully that's the same one, did you happen to screenshot it?

Also, Indigo November, you are all kinds of awesome :heartcookie:

IndigoNovember
Jun 5, 2013, 11:32 PM
Spelling Errors

MB 9: A-4 (Not sure if this is because of the story patch or not, but Shina did not show up in the lobby. I ran over to where she should be and the cutscene triggered but she was not physically there before the cutscene occurred. I do not have the English patch installed.)

"move around with out too many" -> "move around without too many"
[spoiler-box]http://i40.tinypic.com/2zolmaw.png[/spoiler-box]

"I stayed wth him, that he might turn back to who he was." -> "I stayed with him, he might turn back to who he once was." (the spelling error is just the "with", but I felt some rewording could be done as well)
[spoiler-box]http://i43.tinypic.com/r94kev.png[/spoiler-box]

"And it tuned out this way" -> "And it turned out this way"
[spoiler-box]http://i44.tinypic.com/2v9onxt.png[/spoiler-box]

"There's nothing can can be done" -> "There's nothing that can be done"
[spoiler-box]http://i44.tinypic.com/1sb2vo.png[/spoiler-box]

Idolon
Jun 6, 2013, 06:30 PM
The story patch seems to break the new update. I get either an eternal black screen or a complete freeze upon startup with it applied. The game starts up normally without it.

Maronji
Jun 6, 2013, 06:38 PM
The story patch seems to break the new update. I get either an eternal black screen or a complete freeze upon startup with it applied. The game starts up normally without it.

Are you sure? I was playing last night just fine, and I was recording scenes with the 05-20 Story Patch, the 06-05 Core patch, and the 05-22 Large Files add-on.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 7, 2013, 05:07 PM
My story patch is refusing to load one of the NPC cards on Matter Board #2 I think the board is B-3, you have to find an event card in "Subdue the Fangulf". Every time I activate it, I get stuck on a black screen.

Edit: I just realized I was using an out of date patch. I'll see if it still does this after I apply the newest one.

Aslinng
Jun 7, 2013, 05:13 PM
I didn't encounter (yet) any problem while completing the matter board n°2.

Idolon
Jun 7, 2013, 05:26 PM
Are you sure? I was playing last night just fine, and I was recording scenes with the 05-20 Story Patch, the 06-05 Core patch, and the 05-22 Large Files add-on.

I'm pretty sure I have the same files as you, but I'll do a file check and redownload the core/large files patch and try again.

Edit: It launches now. Not sure what was broken before.

Massamix3.0
Jun 10, 2013, 12:51 AM
Bug report for you. Whenever talking to the Team Order clerk in the ARKS lobby, if you go to leave, accept a quest, or turn one in, your HUD will disappear, you will be unable to move, chat, or even access the logout. To my knowledge, this only happens with that one Team clerk, but I'll check the rest.

IndigoNovember
Jun 10, 2013, 10:27 PM
Having just found this out, we're putting all other Arks Layer projects on hold and recommitting them to the story project! We're aiming to release the COMPLETED story mode AT LEAST 1 week before Episode 2 comes out. AT LEAST.

(Hopefully it'll be a lot sooner than that.)

I don't suppose "COMPLETED story mode" includes blue event fields for each Matter Board? I enjoy watching them.

edit:
Spelling Errors:

Sorry I forgot to resize some of the images.

Matter Board 9:

[A-7]:

"You're really curiosu about him" -> "You're really curious about him"
[spoiler-box]http://i41.tinypic.com/2qcl65z.png[/spoiler-box]

"were an oder that I" -> "were an order that I"
[spoiler-box]http://i44.tinypic.com/2w74cw6.png[/spoiler-box]

"there's no reaosn for him" -> "there's no reason for him"
[spoiler-box]http://i44.tinypic.com/3ypli.png[/spoiler-box]

[Story Quest 9]:

"Would allow me" -> "Would you allow me"
[spoiler-box]http://i39.tinypic.com/52nfi9.png[/spoiler-box]

"seems you misjugde my intentions" -> "seems you misjudge my intentions"
[spoiler-box]http://i40.tinypic.com/2rxii6v.png[/spoiler-box]

"a problem arrises, I will" -> "a problem arises, I will"
[spoiler-box]http://i44.tinypic.com/35crfia.png[/spoiler-box]

"investigation I conduction on my own" -> "investigation I conducted on my own"
[spoiler-box]http://i40.tinypic.com/34esrax.png[/spoiler-box]

"unable to stabalize it" -> "unable to stabilize it"
[spoiler-box]http://i41.tinypic.com/2mc9h8y.png[/spoiler-box]

"As the experiements continues on humans and dragons, they continued to become even less humane." -> "As the experiments continued on humans and dragons, they became even less humane."
[spoiler-box]http://i42.tinypic.com/2ypko5c.png[/spoiler-box]

"But it seemed the experiment" -> "But it seems the experiment"
"Dragons went beserk, and humans" -> "Dragons went berserk, and humans"
[spoiler-box]http://i44.tinypic.com/jh64k9.png[/spoiler-box]

"he went beserk and destoryed the facility" -> "he went berserk and destroyed the facility"
[spoiler-box]http://i42.tinypic.com/6te3xt.png[/spoiler-box]

"or soemthing to do" -> "or something to do"
[spoiler-box]http://i42.tinypic.com/2zp5c1t.png[/spoiler-box]

"started going beserk. Apparently the" -> started going berserk. Apparently the"
"may have soemthing to do" -> "may have something to do"
[spoiler-box]http://i41.tinypic.com/wprgj.png[/spoiler-box]

Matter Board 10:

[Shion Conversation]:

"called a tragety is a matter for indivuals to decide" -> "called a tragedy is a matter for individuals to decide"
[spoiler-box]http://i40.tinypic.com/2w6t1rn.png[/spoiler-box]

"and provide insite" -> "and provide insight"
[spoiler-box]http://i40.tinypic.com/6zmwlw.png[/spoiler-box]

[Kuna event at the start]:

"sining" -> "singing" (I missed the actual line, but it had singing misspelled)
"No encore? That seems unual for Kuna..." -> "No encore? That seems unusual for Kuna..."

warpkun
Jun 11, 2013, 05:01 PM
Did I screenshot it? No....! But I didn't want to bypass it! Here it is on a youtube thingy...my first youtube thingy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDw0rWtTIcM&list=HL1370988055&feature=mh_lolz"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDw0rWtTIcM&list=HL1370988055&feature=mh_lolz
Hope this works lol!!

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2013, 02:21 PM
Are there translations available on some site? There are two nodes in matterboard 10 which aren't translated, as well as one Kuna event which I was forced to skip over. I'd like to finish the matterboard, but I don't want to continue if I'll never know what she said. I wouldn't at all mind reading the text from a site while I have the scene running, though.

Zorafim
Jun 12, 2013, 05:05 PM
Mm...I guess I'll just have to wait until you guys are finished with those events before continuing then. Regardless, I would like to see old event tablets that I missed, so I'm glad you're working on a compilation.

Wolf_Asari
Jun 12, 2013, 06:57 PM
Does the story patch work on 6/12 update?

IndigoNovember
Jun 13, 2013, 04:28 AM
Worked with the Matoi conversation about Hadred. Haven't done extensive testing though.

Aslinng
Jun 13, 2013, 08:02 AM
Does the story patch work on 6/12 update?
Yes, just tried it last night.
You just need to re-install it.

Aida, it's really more enjoyable to understand the story while playing the game.
I will always thank you for your hard work.

Riddim
Jun 13, 2013, 08:34 AM
Yes, just tried it last night.
You just need to re-install it.

Aida, it's really more enjoyable to understand the story while playing the game.
I will always thank you for your hard work.

It does work, yes. BUT like 80% of the files are outdated, coz SEGA patched like 1GB of the "story" files...
So you might encounter some bugs, like endless loading screens or geting stuck in a lobby coz help event hints are not showing on the screen.
I had those 2. That's why i had to revert back to the new patched files and get past those events.
After that i just copied back the old files and no bugs so far but there are prolly more of these...

ZackTheBored
Jun 14, 2013, 02:13 AM
It does work, yes. BUT like 80% of the files are outdated, coz SEGA patched like 1GB of the "story" files...
So you might encounter some bugs, like endless loading screens or geting stuck in a lobby coz help event hints are not showing on the screen.
I had those 2. That's why i had to revert back to the new patched files and get past those events.
After that i just copied back the old files and no bugs so far but there are prolly more of these...

Yeah, I am experiencing the endless loading screen after the fight with Gettanhart in Chapter 8.
I think the story patch needs to be updated.
I want to see the scene in English with my character.

Ezodagrom
Jun 14, 2013, 09:27 AM
Well, when there's large updates like the last one, it's very likely that the story patch will need to be updated.

Anyway, I have a suggestion for the story patch, for when the Episode 1 patch is fully complete (when all story scenes, matterboard tablets and blue tablets are translated).
I think it would be easier to handle updates for the patch if there were 2 separate packs.

The 1st pack would be a pack for Episode 1, it would basically include the complete episode 1. The 2nd pack would be a pack for updates, it would include new story files that are added to the game, and files from the episode 1 pack that may need to be replaced/updated (of course there should be a note saying that both packs are required).

Once in a while, when the update pack would get big, it would be time to release a new completed pack with all the updates that were made until then.

Riddim
Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 PM
Yea and coz of the size of these updates its most likely impossible to keep track of 2 different packs.
It already seems like a fuckton of work, updating 1GB of files, in total almost 1000 files.
Plus, im pretty sure some of the old story patch files will be mixed up with the new content. So u either getting all or no updates..
I'll just be pleased if they keep updating all of the content. No matter what or size or how long it takes.

At the end downloading 1.3GB once in a while isnt really that hard..

Punisher106
Jun 15, 2013, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I hit 54, and when I went ot leave the campship, I could only assume that Koffie's trying to moan at me. I can't move, and have to close the game.

IndigoNovember
Jun 15, 2013, 07:00 PM
In Very Hard Naberius Time Attack, the gate doesn't lift for me.

Metalsnake27
Jun 16, 2013, 04:02 PM
After the first matter board mission, it came up with "displaying matter guide" and then then my character was stuck unable to perform any actions. Not sure if this is a bug due to the patch because I think what happened is that, the tip for the event cards for matter boards already appeared, so the game tried to freeze me in place to read the tool tip... when I already read it.

Again idk if this is because of the patch but.. yeah.

electrolytes
Jun 19, 2013, 09:37 AM
It should be noted that there will ALWAYS be issues with the Story patch - This is unavoidable with 910 files, and if I could fix it, I would. However, every update that SEGA pushes out threatens to make the story patch more glitchy. I'll update it and have a fixed version out in the next few days, but if anyone has any ideas on a better way to push this patch out, I'm all ears.
I'd rather have the torrent be the files themselves, rather than a single .rar archive containing them. This seems like it would prevent having to download the whole 1.5GB+ each time, as any unchanged files therein wouldn't have to be re-downloaded (assuming one downloads to a folder with the previous version's files). Or at least this is how things have worked for me with other torrents where new versions are periodically released.

Ryu_Kasar
Jun 19, 2013, 08:53 PM
I got a black screen during Chapter 8 Descent of the Destructor after fighting Ghettemhalt. Reverting back to the original game files I was able to finish all of Chapter 8 Descent of the Destructor.

Edit: Got another Black Screen when trying to watch the Blue Tablet after a Dark Falz Elder fight.
Edit 2: Ran into another Black Screen after talking with Kuna then walking away. Loaded it up on the Vita and it seemes it was a cut scene of npc watching Kuna on the lobby screens that was causing the trouble on the pc with the patch.

Idolon
Jun 20, 2013, 01:23 AM
Is there supposed to be a freeze-you-in-the-campship-and-talk-to-you thingy after fighting super Falz? I got rooted to the spot and nothing ever appeared. After someone in the party removed me so I could get back to the lobby, I couldn't open my menu. I'm assuming this was the story patch, since nobody else had the same problem.

Ryu_Kasar
Jun 20, 2013, 01:46 AM
I had the same problem, cept it was when I got to lvl 54. My UI vanished and I was unable to move. So I switched over to the Vita and as soon as I logged on a message from Koffee appeared and everything was fine after. Switched back to the PC and the problem was gone. Seemed to have been the message from Koffee.

Meyfei
Jun 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
Is there any chance that the NPC event tablets will be translated outside of the story patch?
For those who enjoy reading them but don't want to experience the negative effects known to come up when using the story patch.

Ryu_Kasar
Jun 22, 2013, 08:43 PM
Came across another black screen. It happened after getting Matter Board 10 from Xion and took a step after the cut scene. Again I loaded up the Vita to see what the scene that was causing the problem. It turned out to be another scene(different then the one I had trouble with a few posts ago) of npcs watching a concert of Kuna on the lobby screens.

Aki_Yoruno
Jun 23, 2013, 01:11 AM
Awesome job, you guys! My brothers are going to play now because of you!

Gigafreak
Jun 23, 2013, 12:15 PM
Came across another black screen. It happened after getting Matter Board 10 from Xion and took a step after the cut scene. Again I loaded up the Vita to see what the scene that was causing the problem. It turned out to be another scene(different then the one I had trouble with a few posts ago) of npcs watching a concert of Kuna on the lobby screens.

I'm having the same problem. I can't shop or pick up client orders from that whole room unless I spend an hour or two to filecheck the whole story patch away (and if I do, I won't be able to read any dialogue in that scene).

Maronji
Jun 24, 2013, 06:06 AM
but if anyone has any ideas on a better way to push this patch out, I'm all ears.

I don't know how feasible this would be, but my older brother just reminded me of another way you could pull this off (provided everyone involved knew how to work it): an SVN server.

Like he was telling me, he had some Garrys Mod mods that had SVN servers (some of those could get pretty big depending on the type of mod), and all you had to do was trigger the update process (I only did this once, myself, so I'm not too familiar with the process; it may vary depending on the client used). The program would perform hash checks with the files on the server, and then download the updated files.

The main obstacles with doing this would be in setting up/running the server, teaching people how to download from it (the only particular client I know of is TortoiseSVN), and getting the initial download out into the wild, but if those obstacles can be overcome, that might be one of the more efficient ways to do it.

IndigoNovember
Jun 24, 2013, 07:58 AM
Depending on how torrents handle file conflicts (do they just overwrite the old version? (<-ideal in our case) do they download the new one and add some affix to the name? (<-not ideal in our case)) SVN could be a more efficient way of distributing the patch since all anonymous users would need to do is SVN Update every time changes have been made. As long as anonymous users can only checkout and update files and not commit files, then there should be few problems besides the initial "What am I doing, how does all this work?" problem. That problem is probably a big one though.

Yden
Jun 24, 2013, 09:58 AM
torrents will attempt to "repair" existing files. If the file can't be repaired, the client will just replace the existing one so it's the ideal case for you.

UnLucky
Jun 24, 2013, 06:04 PM
Aw, I black screen after the 10th story quest boss, just like with the idol cutscenes in the lobby.

Also MB10 C-4's event is untranslated!

Ryu_Kasar
Jun 25, 2013, 06:47 PM
As UnLucky has stated, MB 10's C-4 Event is not translated.

IndigoNovember
Jun 25, 2013, 10:38 PM
Nice to hear that a lot, if not all, of the bugs have been squashed!

A pity about all the Event Fields not being completely translated (going to assume this is the case, cause it seems the most likely to me), but I can always switch back to old matter board nodes and view them when they are.

UnLucky
Jun 25, 2013, 10:59 PM
Awesome, it's just too bad I won't care about the story past MB10 unless they do another story completion campaign.

Have you decided how you're going to distribute the updated files? I'd also rather it not be in a single .rar, although it does reduce the total size, not everyone wants the entire thing all over again.

GatheringFox
Jun 25, 2013, 11:07 PM
Try something with TortoiseSVN, you have the power to updated the files, so no need to download English story patch's. Also I think you can have it auto update. So you just send out the fix for the SVN and it updates for everyone. It's a very simple program that makes things like this ...well simple!

IndigoNovember
Jun 26, 2013, 02:42 AM
Spelling Errors:

Matter Board 10:

[A-4]

It might just be me, but is this supposed to be "never seen another Dragonkin"?
[spoiler-box]http://i42.tinypic.com/2uyt09c.png[/spoiler-box]

"so I supposed he's never" -> "so I suppose he's never"
[spoiler-box]http://i42.tinypic.com/er02mu.png[/spoiler-box]

[A-6]

"(A restign place)" -> "(A resting place)"
[spoiler-box]http://i41.tinypic.com/2vsm7bc.png[/spoiler-box]

GatheringFox
Jun 26, 2013, 03:21 AM
Depending on how torrents handle file conflicts (do they just overwrite the old version? (<-ideal in our case) do they download the new one and add some affix to the name? (<-not ideal in our case)) SVN could be a more efficient way of distributing the patch since all anonymous users would need to do is SVN Update every time changes have been made. As long as anonymous users can only checkout and update files and not commit files, then there should be few problems besides the initial "What am I doing, how does all this work?" problem. That problem is probably a big one though.

I can write up a guide on how to install it, Also only you would be able to commit files.

And it does not add any affix or anything like that, it just match's their files to yours.

In simple, SVN makes their files match the ones you are sending out.

You send out the files, SVN see's there is a change and then updates their files.

Private message me if you would like me to write up a guide.

Zorafim
Jun 26, 2013, 03:22 AM
I'm glad to hear this version will be compatible with this patch. I've been wanting to finish up the story missions.

GatheringFox
Jun 26, 2013, 03:31 AM
SVN 1: Please setup a svn like below

svn://svn.code.sf.net/TESTING

Guide: How To Setup and Download a SVN

Download instructions for SVN:

1) Download & Install TortoiseSVN - http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html (Either 32bit, or 64bit)

2) Once you've successfully installed TortoiseSVN, go to your*
SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\data\win32

4) Right click the win32 folder, and hit 'SVN Checkout' - Now copy paste the SVN url from:
and hit OK.

5) Wait till it's done, and ENJOY.

Also I can run the support for it, so if anyone has trouble setting up the SVN I can help them.

PS: There are a few things you would have to do (Very Simple things) if you are going to use SVN, just message me about them if you choose to go with SVN.

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 26, 2013, 03:37 AM
Just curious, Does this english story patch need to be downloaded everytime there is maint?

KazukiQZ
Jun 26, 2013, 03:41 AM
^The story patch needed to be updated each time there's big PSO2 update (like the upcoming Episode 2). No need to repatch the story patch each time there's maintenance (the one that happen every week). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

xxmadplayerxx
Jun 26, 2013, 03:44 AM
^The story patch needed to be updated each time there's big PSO2 update (like the upcoming Episode 2). No need to repatch the story patch each time there's maintenance (the one that happen every week). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Ah Thank you for the reply.

Maronji
Jun 26, 2013, 04:24 AM
Just curious, Does this english story patch need to be downloaded everytime there is maint?

It depends on what files they change.

It's basically a game of Russian Roulette, played with PSO2 data files instead of bullets. If they didn't change any of the files that are used in the story patch, then all is well. Otherwise, something's broken, and someone has to go back and fix it.

dr apocalipsis
Jun 26, 2013, 10:26 AM
Downloading.

Many thanks AIDA!

Zorafim
Jun 26, 2013, 10:35 AM
You and your crew are beautiful people, and I wish for a thousand virgins to serve each of you in your afterlives.

ThePendragon
Jun 26, 2013, 05:34 PM
Will I be safe to complete the story through MB10, tablets and all?

AzNW0ND4
Jun 26, 2013, 05:50 PM
Matter Board 10 C-6 tablet is still not translated.

Sorry that this is the only MB that I report on, but it's all I can do since I completed the rest. Also, I don't know if it's the server or something you did with the files, but when I checked to see if this was translated, it loaded super fast. So if that was you, fantastic job. If not, Sega did something right? Unlikely, but whatever lol.

Last thing, yes I did read that you guys didn't translate all of the story and I'm also aware that you guys did not translate all tablets, so I don't believe I'm missing anything information-wise.

Just reporting this in to you guys.

And thank you again for all your hard work!

IndigoNovember
Jun 27, 2013, 01:41 AM
So you're going with with SVN in the end, interesting. May I ask the reason why it was chosen over torrents if they act in the same manner? I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that if you use SVN you're relying on a server to hand out the files rather than other users, thereby ensuring availability at all times as long as the server doesn't hit some limit. Doesn't really matter to me personally (I can use both just fine), just wanted to hear your reasoning.

Edit: Oh and you should probably update the "Story patch Info" button on the website to say the new version (6-26-2013 rather than 5-20-2013).

KazukiQZ
Jun 27, 2013, 01:54 AM
So what is the latest version of Story patch? Because when I played the story mode yesterday, the story did not get translated. It is 6-20? So my current 5-20 is useless now?

edit:....sorry, didn't focus on the thread title :p

Maronji
Jun 27, 2013, 01:58 AM
So you're going with with SVN in the end, interesting. May I ask the reason why it was chosen over torrents if they act in the same manner?

Technically not the person to ask (because I wouldn't know the actual reason unless I was capable of reading minds across the internet), but because it's easier to run an SVN setup so only changed files download instead of constantly redownloading a 1.6GB+ .rar archive. Also, any changes to the files requires a completely new torrent, even if you put everything in a folder instead (which is arguably the same thing, just with different steps and takes a little more effort on the part of every party involved).

Also, maybe this is just me being incredibly cynical, but I honestly wouldn't expect at least 50% of the Story Patch users to know how to file-check their patches even if we moved to an "everything in a folder"-style torrent.

tl;dr: In the long run, it's honestly just easier to do (and doesn't involve constantly reminding people to point their Story Patch torrent to a certain place in order to make it re-check the file CRCs), in my personal opinion.

IndigoNovember
Jun 27, 2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah, overall it does feel like a bit less of a hassle since Tortoise SVN is pretty easy to use.

Quick side notes:

it's easier to run an SVN setup so only changed files download instead of constantly redownloading a 1.6GB+ .rar archive.

You could download only changed files from a torrent by just having each individual file in the torrent rather than an archive. But yeah, having to create a new torrent and download the new torrent each time would get kinda annoying.

Also, maybe this is just me being incredibly cynical, but I honestly wouldn't expect at least 50% of the Story Patch users to know how to file-check their patches even if we moved to an "everything in a folder"-style torrent.

I'm pretty sure the file check happens automatically when you start a torrent, it's always done that for me. Though I'm using uTorrent so maybe there's a difference there? (not too knowledgeable about that area)

Yden
Jun 27, 2013, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the file check happens automatically when you start a torrent, it's always done that for me. Though I'm using uTorrent so maybe there's a difference there? (not too knowledgeable about that area)

File check should be automatically done in all clients since it was a feature that was in the original bittorrent client. It was mainly implemented because torrented files are downloaded in segments depending on what peer has what parts instead of the beginning to end method that's used with traditional downloads.

Maronji
Jun 27, 2013, 08:27 PM
Boxed wall 'o' text incoming. This is why I should explain my reasoning up front instead of being general/vague about it. Feel free to skip this post entirely if you don't really feel like reading my opinions about about the potential issues involved in continuing to use torrents for the Story Patch.
[SPOILER-BOX]
You could download only changed files from a torrent by just having each individual file in the torrent rather than an archive. But yeah, having to create a new torrent and download the new torrent each time would get kinda annoying.
I realize that, but it still has the potential to create more problems than it solves. More on that in a bit.

File check should be automatically done in all clients since it was a feature that was in the original bittorrent client. It was mainly implemented because torrented files are downloaded in segments depending on what peer has what parts instead of the beginning to end method that's used with traditional downloads.
Perhaps I should clarify what I meant by that statement. I wouldn't exactly call torrents 100% "idiot-proof" (seriously, if I've used torrents as long as I have and I still get it wrong once in a while, then someone else will screw up eventually), and the following is my reasoning why.

[SPOILER-BOX]First and foremost, the current method we're using, aka one big rar archive, just doesn't work for efficiency. Every time the patch updates, everyone has to redownload the whole thing, all 1.6GB of it. No exceptions. This also forces the guy(s) working on the Story Patches to only put out new versions if there are significant changes (and/or as fixes for big issues, like the black screen bugs).

The issue I have in continuing to use torrents while breaking away from the single .rar archive is knowing where to point the actual download, which would depend on whether or not the torrent's contents are already in a folder or not. If it's just all a giant mess outside of a folder, then preparing a folder ahead of time and pointing it there every time would be fine (though that wouldn't fix the "need to make a torrent every time there's an update" issue). The only particular downside to this method would be making sure people know to download it into a specially prepared folder (or else they're going to have 910 files sitting around in their normal downloads folder, and cleaning that up would be a pain in the butt).

For the record, based on what I know, I'm not entirely sure if the above is even possible. At least, I don't think I've come across a torrent that wasn't either a single file (video file, executable, archive) or in a folder from the get-go. Then again, my memory isn't the best, so who knows.

The main problem comes in when the patch is contained within a folder. Allow me to list the potential scenarios:

The user creates his own folder (either to store a previously downloaded patch or to be the download destination for a new one. What happens here is that no matter what the user does, unless the name of his folder matches the one in the torrent, the torrent will download to a new folder. The program can't check what it can't find.

The general fixes here would either be to change the download location manually (the method to do this may vary depending on the torrent program) or to remove the download, rename the folder so the name matches the name of the folder in the torrent, and re-add it, pointing it to the folder where the Story Patch's folder is (So if the folder is Downloads\Story Patch and the torrent has a folder named Story Patch, point it to the Downloads folder).
The user points the download to his pre-existing folder from another download (say Downloads\Story Patch instead of just Downloads). What happens here is that, because the contents of the torrent are already in a folder, it will make a new one in the destination (aka Downloads\Story Patch\Story Patch). Again, the program can't check what it can't find.

Again, the general fixes here would be to change the download location manually or to remove the download, re-add it, and point it to the right place (using the example above, pointing it to Downloads would fix it).
The torrent creator renames the folder before putting the torrent up.

This is the most ridiculous scenario, because it should be up to the torrent creator to be consistent in the first place. Anyway, the only easy fixes would be to start it anyway and change the download location manually or to rename your existing folder to match the name of the torrent's folder (so if your folder is called Story Patch and the torrent's folder is called PSO2 Story Patch, rename your folder to PSO2 Story Patch).

I expect #1 & #2 to to be the most common mistakes, mainly #2.

As you can guess from my notes above, the simplest way to do this would be to make the folder's name simple and consistent (aka no dates, no version numbers, nothing (aka something like "PSO2 Story Patch", and that would never change, unless you want to screw everyone up); all that information would be on the .torrent file itself or maybe in a readme text, if anywhere at all)) and to always point the download to a general area (like your main downloads folder, meaning if you download it to C:\Downloads once, always point it to C:\Downloads and nowhere else (unless you move the folder or something)).[/SPOILER-BOX]
tl;dr: There's less confusion/redownloading 1.6GB rar files involved if we shed torrents after this version, period (having one for initial setup wouldn't be too bad, though). Otherwise, you'd better be prepared to set things up in an extremely specific way with detailed "download to x location" instructions, or else you'd better be prepared to offer downloading support.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Conclusion: Let's just stick to SVN. We can probably keep the torrent for initial downloading so the downloading speed is guaranteed to be decent (we have plenty of potential seeds to help with that) and the (hopefully upcoming) SVN server doesn't have to suffer the burden.

Also, yes, I spent way more time than I should have on this, I know.

UnLucky
Jun 27, 2013, 09:03 PM
Yes, with a torrent it is possible to start downloading the entire story patch again, all of the files, without realizing it at first.

Also it still has to be bundled up and distributed as a release version, just like a packed .rar, only it's a bit less of a burden on everyone. Everyone has to get the new version, and then seed the new version. Not everyone will switch right away, so some people will be uploading old versions and others will be downloading them. That slows down the distribution of a new build.

An SVN lets the group designate specific version numbers that everyone should grab, just like with any packed up release they may have done with a .rar or a torrent. However, you can also just grab the very latest files as they become available, without any extra effort from the team.

"6-28-2013: Added a new file that may prevent a crash" Cool! *downloads*
"6-26-2013: Tested stable version, some parts untranslated" Ok, this is the one for me.
"7-11-2013: [Branch] Rewrote entire script in Jive" Uhh, I'll save it for later.

Kion
Jun 27, 2013, 09:08 PM
Technically not the person to ask (because I wouldn't know the actual reason unless I was capable of reading minds across the internet), but because it's easier to run an SVN setup so only changed files download instead of constantly redownloading a 1.6GB+ .rar archive. Also, any changes to the files requires a completely new torrent, even if you put everything in a folder instead (which is arguably the same thing, just with different steps and takes a little more effort on the part of every party involved).

tl;dr: In the long run, it's honestly just easier to do (and doesn't involve constantly reminding people to point their Story Patch torrent to a certain place in order to make it re-check the file CRCs), in my personal opinion.

I've been pretty busy with work and fucking bullshit school lately, so I haven't been keeping up with pso2 at all lately. Right now Arks-layer is running of a single core, 1GB, and 300Mb/s bandwidth (with unlimited traffic). Right now just with apache on it using it as a web seed, it's using 80% of the cpu usage and like 920MB/980MB (i know is says 1GB). It was really only meant to be a home page with the torrent link on it.

I haven't used (an?) SVN before, so I'm really not sure about the details. Something tells me that my crappy little server wouldn't be enough to handle all of the file downloads for people using it. The bandwidth is decent, so for one person a 1GB download only takes five minutes, but when I had a direct link on there, that time quickly can escalate to 3+ hours. Is there anyone with a dedicated server, decent VPN, or otherwise being willing to help with server costs to get something sustainable up and running?

genjen
Jun 28, 2013, 12:29 AM
is the kuna patch on arks-layer included in the story patch?

IndigoNovember
Jun 28, 2013, 02:23 AM
@ Maronji: Yeah I definitely agree with you on those problems. I guess from my perspective, it's fine if they mess up once or twice, since it'll teach them to be more careful next time. But if we have a method that should work without any problems, not much reason to use a more flawed one.

I haven't used (an?) SVN before, so I'm really not sure about the details. Something tells me that my crappy little server wouldn't be enough to handle all of the file downloads for people using it. The bandwidth is decent, so for one person a 1GB download only takes five minutes, but when I had a direct link on there, that time quickly can escalate to 3+ hours. Is there anyone with a dedicated server, decent VPN, or otherwise being willing to help with server costs to get something sustainable up and running?

I think you can use something like Visual SVN Server (http://www.visualsvn.com/server/) rather than your own to host the patch.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 28, 2013, 11:22 AM
Hello guys, I just got a black screen after the second conversation I got with Xion in Chapter 0 (she asks you to go to Naberius) which triggered after clearing the second yellow matter I think . I have all of the latest english (downloaded with the tweaker v 2.1.0.0) and story (26/06) patches so, it was just to report it.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 28, 2013, 12:21 PM
Well, I don't know what happened but I get back to the game and a story quest has been unlocked and Xion wasn't there anymore. Seems I don't have to uninstall the story patch this time.

Maronji
Jun 28, 2013, 06:11 PM
Yep! That's one of the two bugs we've never been able to get rid of. (I believe it happens again around MB8?)

MB7, actually (the one where Darkers attack Arks Ship 128, the Themis), but close enough. The two bugs we haven't been able to isolate are centered around cutscenes where you unlock a Story Quest afterward. The one mentioned above (which is actually Chapter 01) is the other one, yes. Thankfully, those black screen bugs aren't crippling to the point that you need to remove the Story Patch, but it can still be rather inconvenient.

One of these days, I really should do some in-depth testing to see if I can isolate at least one of them.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Jun 28, 2013, 07:11 PM
So matter board 11 is not finished?

Ezodagrom
Jun 30, 2013, 04:34 AM
Is MB11 available?
MB11 is the one for Chapter EX, the battle festa.

Maronji
Jun 30, 2013, 04:52 AM
MB11 is the one for Chapter EX, the battle festa.

What he said.

You know, AIDA, the one that Kion partially joke-translated that we laughed about for a little bit and then forgot about for a month or three?

genjen
Jun 30, 2013, 12:24 PM
is the kuna patch on arks-layer included in the story patch?

id still like to know if this is included in the story patch or not

AzNW0ND4
Jun 30, 2013, 01:01 PM
So first off I'd like to apologize for my first 2 posts. I kept saying "MB10 C-6 Not translated" but it was actually MB10 C-4. You all probably knew this and just thought I was an idiot lol. (jk, but i do feel like one)

Anyway, I came to this startling revelation when my friend who can actually read Japanese came to my house to translate the scene for me. Well he did and also told me that's not the right scene. He pointed out that the title of the tablet was of MB10 C-4.

You can imagine how I felt....especially since I came here and bothered you guys twice. I even had all the resources to find this out by myself.

So again I apologize for doing that.

MB10 C-6 is indeed translated.

SquashDemon
Jul 2, 2013, 10:24 AM
Are the MB9 blue tablets all translated? I must be having client side problems if so, I've run into Patty, Tea, Sarah, and Theodore, and they've all gone back to speaking japanese at me.

Zorafim
Jul 2, 2013, 12:34 PM
You know, AIDA, the one that Kion partially joke-translated that we laughed about for a little bit and then forgot about for a month or three?

I prefer to think of it as the one where Marlu wanted me almost as much as I wanted her.

genjen
Jul 2, 2013, 09:16 PM
anyone have any idea what koffie wants after you kill cougar nx?

edit: maybe is hilda blatting at me, not sure

Yamishi
Jul 3, 2013, 02:35 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://i43.tinypic.com/fc2syu.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Should be "lose sight" not "loose sight." :)

ShinKai
Jul 3, 2013, 03:30 AM
I found how to get into my account purely to reply to this thread and say thanks to Aida and the team for this English patch.

Not only can I play the newest game in my favorite series, but I can understand the story too. I can't tell you how helpful this is to me. I might have quit days after I finally got through that Japanese captcha if not for this.

Keep up the good work. :)

deahamlet
Jul 3, 2013, 08:20 AM
I'm just curious... the chapter 10 ending gives the names of all the npcs in English alphabet, is there a reason why the English translations don't use those name spellings?

SquashDemon
Jul 3, 2013, 08:38 AM
hum...yeah something IS up, I just updated my story patch to the 7/3 release via tweaker, and all my blue tabs are STILL in japanese for Matterboard 9

Maenara
Jul 3, 2013, 08:59 AM
Did the latest update fix that cutscene in chapter 10 that isn't translated?

UnLucky
Jul 3, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'm just curious... the chapter 10 ending gives the names of all the npcs in English alphabet, is there a reason why the English translations don't use those name spellings?

Well I don't know what the game uses, but the names in the patch correspond to celestial bodies. Like in the real world with established names.

genjen
Jul 3, 2013, 10:00 AM
is it just me or is the kuna encore untranslated?

Gigafreak
Jul 3, 2013, 11:25 AM

http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=3339&sid=23dbb9258da88e8d8aa6390b135e7be6#p3339

Named after minor planetoids, mostly. Sega sometimes gets terribly confused when they want a Western name to transliterate to Japanese kana and then back.

(see: "Paradin Blow," "Tandle," etc)

SquashDemon
Jul 3, 2013, 01:36 PM
Ah okay, so it probably hasn't had the blue tabs translated, that's too bad, I'm a huge Theodore fan. Ah well, keep being awesome guys!

oOSAROo
Jul 3, 2013, 02:53 PM
The Kuna encore came out today, I'm still trying to find it in the files.

And MOST of the matterboards are translated, I'll check with Kion.

if u not found here :

QunaEvent 01
33cda15a2bbb9fdcaaf643bcc1d1dfe1

QunaEvent 02
3de35c8a55aaf4e6c437e8e796b579d5

:-D

Chik'Tikka
Jul 4, 2013, 10:06 PM
The translated Kuna concert file is back in for Our Fighting! (Her original concert), but Encore hasn't been translated yet.

an ETA for that?? was kinda hoping to get a recording tonight with subs, but not there+^_^+ imma still do a second recording tonight anyway so if you have the lyrics at least, I'd like to stick them in the YouTube's info thingy+^_^+ (edit, recording somehow didn't record audio, for no reason, sample prior had audio, and sample after had audio, imma take that as a sign imma supposed to wait for concert translations+^_^+)

SquashDemon
Jul 5, 2013, 03:51 AM
^ Implying that even GOD answers to AIDA.

ZER0 DX
Jul 5, 2013, 11:34 AM
Would be nice if there was a changelog somewhere any time the story patch gets updated. Even if only a minor file or two got updated like the last one (7/3 v2, I know it's just the Kuna concert), it would be a good idea to have an actual log that's always in one place to find out what exactly has been translated or altered so there's no guessing or hunting for the info if something like blue tablets or certain other events have been translated or not. Nice work on the story releases though.

Lostbob117
Jul 6, 2013, 01:10 AM
For 'My "I love you", my voice, and my feelings' and 'the wind, the rainbow, the stars, and the flowers' - saying the same word "my" and "the" sounds weird. You probably could make it sound better by making them.

'My "I love you", voice, and feelings'
and
'the wind, rainbow, stars, and flowers'

Chik'Tikka
Jul 6, 2013, 01:39 AM
nice, i tried checking one last time about 15 minutes before the concert to see if these were up, but there were issues with the launcher i understand and i was all sad faced+^_^+ don't know if i can get on tomorrow for a second recording but I'll try!!+^_^+

EDIT, forgot it comes again at 9 am, better get some quick sleep!! as always thanks so much for all your hard work AIDA, even the Heavens submit to your awesomeness+^_^++^_^+

UnLucky
Jul 6, 2013, 06:57 AM
My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow!

...Do they reach your heart?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 6, 2013, 10:56 AM
The Eternal Encore Concert by Kuna, now with English Subtitles!! no SEGA intro sound effects, no chat bubbles, just Kuna's opening speech, her song (With Eng Subs), and her Thank you+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmLxaSkhj8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFmLxaSkhj8

Duplicated in the screenshot movie thread+^_^+ this way people that fallow this thread can watch the song in the event there might be a better translation, though i really like the job for this translation, as AIDA said, better to be redundant then have missing nuance, meaning, and information, especially with a song+^_^+

@AIDA, i saw those simple shader pics, if you decide to build a new machine and want suggestions for building a new machine, I'm willing to help+^_^+

EDIT, here's the Our Fighting concert too+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]
The "Our Fighting" Concert by Kuna, now with English Subtitles!! no SEGA intro sound effects, no chat bubbles, just Kuna's opening speech, her song (With Eng Subs), and her Thank you+^_^+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKlX1S-bhwQ

[/SPOILER-BOX]

Gigafreak
Jul 7, 2013, 10:11 AM
it literally says "voice" and "feelings". :3

It's a reference to this (http://youtu.be/nnVCYOUB0gY).

Japanese language includes a lot of redundancy, but they apparently express it much more compactly than English does, if the rushed-speech in titles like Speed Racer and even the video above are any indication. Older videogame translations had to trim and compress scripts due to running out of filesize space-- though that's only partly because of Japanese's innate redundancy; the other part would be that hirigana and katakana are more compact than Western alphabet letters anyway, so the Japanese script was literally able to say more within the same number of textboxes and bytes.

It's this reason that an intentional inclusion of redundancy within a video game translation strikes me as very odd, but when textbox pacing and filesize aren't issues anymore... Hmm.

Still, decent-quality translators get a lot of respect from me. You wouldn't believe the wacky crap they have to put up with (http://mother3.fobby.net/blog/2008/05/24/sneaky-bug-squished-script-draft-2-info/).

IndigoNovember
Jul 7, 2013, 11:58 AM
Hello and welcome to today's Spelling Errors!

Matter Board 10:

A-6: "to find Haded's whereabouts." -> "to find Hadred's whereabouts."
[spoiler-box]http://i42.tinypic.com/sg7uyc.png[/spoiler-box]

D-2: "we'll do out best to" -> "we'll do our best to"
[spoiler-box]http://i43.tinypic.com/qoymp0.png[/spoiler-box]

Edit:

Speaking of, I just started watching AGE (Late, I know!) - Is that the end of the UC timeline? Is it even part of the UC timeline? I thought G-Savior was the last one.

AGE isn't part of the Universal Century timeline I believe. The current last series in the Universal Century timeline should be Gundam Unicorn.

genjen
Jul 8, 2013, 07:57 AM
even gundams creator refuses to admit to the existance of g-saviour

IndigoNovember
Jul 8, 2013, 10:59 AM
Request+^_^+ ability to resize the options box, it keeps coming up smaller then it should+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i43.tinypic.com/fx3qj4.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Shouldn't this go in the Tweaker thread >_> .

Lostbob117
Jul 9, 2013, 04:20 PM
This sounds really weird... I think it's best if you have this phrase as "Don't hijack me!"
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bcEln0s.jpg[/spoiler-box]

LinkKD
Jul 10, 2013, 05:01 PM
Is it safe to re-apply the story patch after this update on the 9th?

Bunansa
Jul 10, 2013, 06:48 PM
Is it safe to re-apply the story patch after this update on the 9th?

I don't think so. I did it this morning, and when I tried starting the game again... I had to re-download the entire maint patch.

Shayuna
Jul 13, 2013, 04:38 AM
ehm sry.. but i use your link to find the englisch patch but i dont find anythink....

why not a direct link ? .___.

i have 20 site open with english patch point but i dont find the right......

Tcrusader51
Jul 13, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hey, I have a question. Is matterboard 11 story mission fully translated or still partial?

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 12:44 AM
Is it safe to apply the Story Patch or would that break stuff after the Episode 2 patch is installed? I'm done patching but its asking me to find the Story patch archive as I had that option checked to apply it after it updates.

Not safe do not install the current Story Patch or it will break your game.

Neferpitou
Jul 17, 2013, 06:46 AM
I'm updating the story patch now.

Yay! I'm glad i waited :) Btw do you know if the Eng Patch Large files will work?

GrandYith
Jul 17, 2013, 07:57 AM
I don't usually login on PSO-World D: I just came to thank you for the translation and the Tweaker :) Well, idk if you're working on it right now, but the story patch has to be updated. If you did already, then there might be something wrong with my Tweaker, bc it's not updating :C I can't play any cutscenes, or else the game crashes there. I had to do my new char on JP client bc of the intro cutscene, that didn't play on EN client. Anyway, I thought it'd be impotant for you to know about it :) Please fix this fast, you've been doing a great work :DD Thank you once more :)

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 11:18 AM
Yay! I'm glad i waited :) Btw do you know if the Eng Patch Large files will work?

The English Patch has been updated but the Large files has not just yet so don't use the Large files until we are told those have been updated.

AIDA I'm glad to see your working on updating the Story Patch I hope to see it updated sometime today and yes Sega throwing a monkeywrench into your tweakers ability to launch PSO2 without the original launcher is just wrong.

ScarletV
Jul 17, 2013, 12:54 PM
is there something we can download to revert back to the older files?

The Walrus
Jul 17, 2013, 12:56 PM
You mean use them currently with the game?

No.

If you mean remove them so it's back to normal untranslated, open the launcher and click the 3rd button

ScarletV
Jul 17, 2013, 01:00 PM
You mean use them currently with the game?

No.

If you mean remove them so it's back to normal untranslated, open the launcher and click the 3rd button

The latter is what I was looking for, thank you. I didn't realize that it said "Fairuchyekku (File Check)", thank you again! :D

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 01:03 PM
The latter is what I was looking for, thank you. I didn't realize that it said "Fairuchyekku (File Check)", thank you again! :D

I do believe the Tweaker has that option as well.

Once the Story Patch is done only then will I play PSO2 I want to make a new character and of course the new race (Female Dewman) but the Story events are not translated and is a complete turn off, that video that plays when you are going to make a new character is not translated and neither is character creation.

I've added my Skype user name and am online with the Skype client yet the website still shows me as offline what could be the reason for this? I use Firefox btw and am wondering if that could be the issue here.

ScarletV
Jul 17, 2013, 03:13 PM
I've added my Skype user name and am online with the Skype client yet the website still shows me as offline what could be the reason for this? I use Firefox btw and am wondering if that could be the issue here.

If you mean this website, then I wouldn't know for sure if that's supposed to either show your online status or simply be a link for your skypeID.

I see what you mean now, I wouldn't know why it shows the incorrect status.

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 03:15 PM
If you mean this website, then I wouldn't know for sure if that's supposed to either show your online status or simply be a link for your Skype ID.

I see what you mean now, I wouldn't know why it shows the incorrect status.
Yeah I mean this site, according to AIDA it does not always load or it don't load at all.

Maronji
Jul 17, 2013, 05:57 PM
I've added my Skype user name and am online with the Skype client yet the website still shows me as offline what could be the reason for this?

Check Skype's Options => Privacy => Privacy Settings => "Allow online status to be shown on the web" and make sure that the box is checked.

I struggled to figure that one out too until I looked it up.

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 05:59 PM
Check Skype's Options => Privacy => Privacy Settings => "Allow online status to be shown on the web" and make sure that the box is checked.

:eek: I actually unchecked that when it was checked by default.

Currently downloading the newest Story Patch but its taking ages :(. 549 total files to be downloaded for the new Story Patch :(.

Bremmon
Jul 17, 2013, 06:54 PM
I am kind of new to this. I did get the latest version of PSO2 and the english patch done. Can log in.

As far as the story patch. . . I heard there was issues so I wanted to wait. Now that the latest version is ready for download. . . do I just update via tweaker?

Zaix
Jul 17, 2013, 06:56 PM
I am kind of new to this. I did get the latest version of PSO2 and the english patch done. Can log in.

As far as the story patch. . . I heard there was issues so I wanted to wait. Now that the latest version is ready for download. . . do I just update via tweaker?

Yeah, it's that simple. It's slow right now though...

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 06:58 PM
I am kind of new to this. I did get the latest version of PSO2 and the English patch done. Can log in.

Yeah, although AIDA has not mentioned that the new story patch is ready (via Forums) I am downloading 549 new files for it, she might of just forgot to let everyone know after allowing the tweaker to download the new files (she is only human of course), she was only going to do that if she did not run into any issues when testing the new patch (she told me this via Skype).

Yeah, it's that simple. It's slow right now though...

Yes it is quite slow at the moment but I will deal with it.

I also need to reboot my PC since I installed a new nivida 320.49 graphics driver but I don't want to stop the tweaker from downloading the story patch :(.

Nivida driver 320.49 just caused my PC to lock up and forcing me to do a hard reset while the tweaker was downloading the story patch >.>

Yden
Jul 17, 2013, 07:20 PM
With such a big update, wouldn't it be a good time to out with a new batch torrent?

Punisher106
Jul 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah, although AIDA has not mentioned that the new story patch is ready (via Forums) I am downloading 549 new files for it, she might of just forgot to let everyone know after allowing the tweaker to download the new files (she is only human of course), she was only going to do that if she did not run into any issues when testing the new patch (she told me this via Skype).

Yes it is quite slow at the moment but I will deal with it.

I also need to reboot my PC since I installed a new nivida 320.49 graphics driver but I don't want to stop the tweaker from downloading the story patch :(.

You sure that story patch isn't the outdated version? Just gonna point that out there.

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 08:15 PM
You sure that story patch isn't the outdated version? Just gonna point that out there.

It never took 549 files to update the story patch before. AIDA has been working on the story patch and said (via Skype) she was going to test it to make sure it worked and then release it for the tweaker to download.

Also Tweaker version 2.5.1.7 has been released.

:-x Nvidia still has not fixed their driver version 320.49 as that causes my PC to lock up so bad I had to do a forced restart and while the tweaker was downloading the new story patch :-x

Bremmon
Jul 17, 2013, 10:16 PM
Wow! The patching for the story patch is reallllly sloooooww! Way slower than any patch yet.

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 10:19 PM
Wow! The patching for the story patch is reallllly sloooooww! Way slower than any patch yet.

I'm wondering if the load on the patch is really high at the moment.

Since I had to force restart my PC do to stupid nivida driver 320.49 I have just 249 files left to download currently at 69/249 it was 549 when I started before the nivida driver issue.

studjuice
Jul 17, 2013, 10:43 PM
I've been downloading it from the Tweaker app for at least 6 hours now, almost done.

Edit: I was at 477 out of 576(or whatever it was) last I checked, which was about 30 mins ago

Chou-Chou
Jul 17, 2013, 10:43 PM
Ohhi. The new story mode patch is out, and the RAR is being created/uploaded as we speak so I can make the usual torrent. You can download it through the Tweaker (Exactly how slow is it going?) or wait for the RAR tomorrow.

Pretty slow I'm at 1XX/249 and not going by that fast (the Arks Layer site seems to be loading very slowly at the moment). Not a major issue I will just watch anime via Crunchyroll til its done. I would rather get this done in the next 10 hours or less so I can get my login stamp for Thursday (its 12:47PM JST Thursday atm). I just realized that would only count for my first Character at least I think so. Is anyone able to verify that?

AIDA I figured out why Skype was not showing I was online on the forums: Options > Privacy > Check Allow my Online status to be shown on the web. Credits for that is:

AIDA just a friendly reminder that the tweaker thread has not been updated with the latest version (2.5.1.7) and the new features it comes with.

Punisher106
Jul 18, 2013, 08:16 AM
Neat. the place where the story patch is hosted seems to be down. Or it seems like it takes 5 eternities to load.

Bremmon
Jul 18, 2013, 09:25 AM
Quick question - Have the English and Story patch now loaded! :) Great work Aida!

For anyone, at what point should I download the Large Patch. I imagine it isn't updated yet. Is there a place where I can see when it is updated?

Is it an important patch?

Thanks in advance.

LoneWolf019
Jul 18, 2013, 10:14 AM
So just curious, in order to get the changes from the tweaker do I have to launch the game from the tweaker??

Shayuna
Jul 18, 2013, 10:17 AM
u open the tweaker and launch the game. but its start now the pso2 launcher and u must only click ob the first big button " play" ^^"

and then startet, nothing more. its great , now work the launcher for me too and i can get change the config like the window

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
There was no update to the Large files so it is safe to use them.

So just curious, in order to get the changes from the tweaker do I have to launch the game from the tweaker??

At the moment you (and everyone else) will have to use the original launcher to launch PSO2 as Sega removed the -pso2 switch from the client which breaks the tweakers ability to launch PSO2 without it, until AIDA is able to figure out a way to get the tweaker to launch it again.

Vashyron
Jul 18, 2013, 11:13 AM
There was no update to the Large files so it is safe to use them.

Nah actually there was, read a certain discussion thread on a certain forum.

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 11:14 AM
Nah actually there was, read a certain discussion thread on a certain forum.

On a certain forum it still shows as May* 22nd, 2013 (large files) no update needed.

Vashyron
Jul 18, 2013, 11:18 AM
On a certain forum it still shows as march 22nd, 2013 (large files) and is up to date.

March...? Mean May?

Anyway discussion thread, in that forums other section.

Oh, I also looked at my backup dates wrong, it's not 2 files but 5 files that were updated.
0b57af5e7f85f714aeb326f6b41030dd
01e6d2b9bf226d03d5690d12fc063d42
134dfdab636f8a3c139fe6d4a461bcc4
7346f884464a575c7274f5bdbfcd19b1
f704ea5425c2d8d756173337380887e2

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 11:22 AM
March...? Mean May?

Anyway discussion thread, in that forums other section.

Err yeah I meant May not march *facedesk* I must not be fully awake yet. I am using the current large files (May 22nd, 2013) without any problems at all.

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 11:51 AM
Also Dewman are not translated when making one.

Shinobikens
Jul 18, 2013, 12:41 PM
Any idea on when the story patch torrent will be up today?"

LoneWolf019
Jul 18, 2013, 12:46 PM
what exactly do the large files translate?

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 12:52 PM
what exactly do the large files translate?

Good question which only AIDA can probably answer.

KazukiQZ
Jul 18, 2013, 01:17 PM
According to a certain site, it's some 'miscellaneous' things, some of which is unnecessary to the gameplay but will add up your experience since it will translate more lines to English.

Chou-Chou
Jul 18, 2013, 02:31 PM
According to a certain site, it's some 'miscellaneous' things, some of which is unnecessary to the gameplay but will add up your experience since it will translate more lines to English.

Well it does say on a certain forum that it is optional.

I'm finding a lot of text not translated as I play my Braver. A tip is not translated, some text from Ohza is not translated during those event scenes that pop up while in a quest.