PDA

View Full Version : Partizan Queries: Yes I Know the Sword is Better

Reio the Wolf
Apr 15, 2013, 07:31 PM
Alright. I've been doing a bit of theorycraft (aka, bugging my team beyond belief) into how to make the best possible partizan damage build. I know I will never achieve the same amount as a sword, but that isn't exactly my intention.

I simply wish to achieve the peak of the partizan's power, both determining which partizan, PA's, subclasses, and hunter tree is best used. In that light, I have failed spectacularly at producing even passable results. So if anyone out there has suggestions or hints, that would be lovely.

This is mostly for fun or playstyle, not endgame meta. So fire away!

BlankM
Apr 15, 2013, 07:45 PM
Partizan's are pretty good for mobs I believe. The main PA you'll be using is Assault buster. Subclass fighter, and pretty much max every offensive thing you can on the left side of the hunter tree, prioritizing fury stance, fury stance combo, fury stance up and JA advance in that order. It goes without saying to get partisan gear. Lambda Raizenolk is quite cheap. Buy a bunch of them and grind its attribute to 50 element, (Fire or light?) and grind it to +10.

For your fighter tree get brave and wise stance to level 5, then max both the stance ups. Check the build thread from there as I'm sure you'll want to play fighter sometimes simply to level it up.

It should be no problem to get very respectable damage this way.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 07:56 PM
I'd take lightning over light only because there are no rare bosses weak to light.

Assault Buster lvl 11+

Maining Partisan gives you a few skilltree benefits you wouldn't normally get. You don't need Just Guard

And this is just wrong...more specifically NO one NEEDS just guard, but partisan benefits from it just as much as any other class and since you now get a 43% damage boost from JAs, being able to guard and instantly JA into a PA is even better. that said not only just guard, but just counter should also be taken

Also I'd still put a point is WL gear since it's right there and WLs are pretty damned good in the right situations.

A lot of people have been migrating to them in place of swords lately

Alisha
Apr 15, 2013, 08:03 PM
i bust out 8k slide ends without any of the danger the OE puts you in. an SE'ed mob will take something like 16k. actually i slide end hunar for 16k as well. over end is over rated. before the fury buff i could assault bust a WB'ed falz hands for 20k. set up 2 pallettes for the same parti.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 15, 2013, 08:37 PM
you know a lvl 30 character with a weak sword gets 8ks on the last hits of their lvl 10 overends, right?

Imagine a hunter with twice that attack power and twice the bonuses with a lvl 15. There's a reason the single hit damage record is over 300k.

Reio the Wolf
Apr 15, 2013, 09:12 PM
I'd take lightning over light only because there are no rare bosses weak to light.

And this is just wrong...more specifically NO one NEEDS just guard, but partisan benefits from it just as much as any other class and since you now get a 43% damage boost from JAs, being able to guard and instantly JA into a PA is even better. that said not only just guard, but just counter should also be taken

Also I'd still put a point is WL gear since it's right there and WLs are pretty damned good in the right situations.

A lot of people have been migrating to them in place of swords lately

So what are your thoughts on the build? Is the above good just with the addition of Just Guard? I'd add it either way because I prefer doing it. Helps with most bosses in general.

Alisha
Apr 15, 2013, 09:18 PM
you dont need just guard with partisan.

you know a lvl 30 character with a weak sword gets 8ks on the last hits of their lvl 10 overends, right?

Imagine a hunter with twice that attack power and twice the bonuses with a lvl 15. There's a reason the single hit damage record is over 300k.

thats great but it still takes 5 years to execute/the mob can move/you die during it. im not saying sword is crap. its just over valued. theres a reason you see more sword users on b20 and more WL users on jp blocks.

Rien
Apr 15, 2013, 09:32 PM

Actually the top is near 1m (I forgot the exact numbers, but anything over 500k is already no joke) because Ra/Hu + divine launcher + chain 100 + weak bullet

Also, people are saying that you don't need Just Guard because Partisans can't guard cancel their shit on the ground (but can dash cancel)

Shakuri
Apr 15, 2013, 09:53 PM
If Just Guarding is what you're comfortable with, pick it up/stick with it, the above is just a maxed build. I was stoked to be rid of it after realizing I only ever used it for style as a Parti main; style that I occasionally miss. Just 4 points anyway though.

this is just wrong...more specifically NO one NEEDS just guard, but

Right.

Narrillnezzurh
Apr 15, 2013, 09:57 PM
Actually the top is near 1m (I forgot the exact numbers, but anything over 500k is already no joke) because Ra/Hu + divine launcher + chain 100 + weak bullet

Ra/Hu can't use Chain Trigger.

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 15, 2013, 09:57 PM
How does a Ra/Hu get 100 chain?

But yeah, I don't think I'd use Partizan on Falz. For a WB'd Falz, those really aren't that great of numbers compared to other weapons. I tried using a +10 Old Device on Falz and I switched back to sword shortly after. I'd rather use Wired Lance over Partizan on Falz if I had to choose, even though I have them so much aesthetically. They're really nice for mob clearing, though.

Reio the Wolf
Apr 15, 2013, 09:58 PM
If Just Guarding is what you're comfortable with, pick it up/stick with it, the above is just a maxed build. I was stoked to be rid of it after realizing I only ever used it for style as a Parti main; style that I occasionally miss. Just 4 points anyway though.

Right.

Actually now that I'm playing it, the JG feels sluggish in comparison, especially since I can't block cancel.

Secondly, what are you thinking on PA order? I've got SE/AB/Band atm for my spears.

Alisha
Apr 16, 2013, 12:55 AM
How does a Ra/Hu get 100 chain?

But yeah, I don't think I'd use Partizan on Falz. For a WB'd Falz, those really aren't that great of numbers compared to other weapons. I tried using a +10 Old Device on Falz and I switched back to sword shortly after. I'd rather use Wired Lance over Partizan on Falz if I had to choose, even though I have them so much aesthetically. They're really nice for mob clearing, though.

maybe i have terrible luck or swords hate me but i can almost never connect the last hit of overend on falz due to hands moving. wich is why i prefer partisan. i totally get why some people like swords but since i play 3 characters where im trying to have them all use different weapons sword are just to limited without splashing in another weapon. i havent tried slide on wb hands yet since the fury changes but speed rain was doing a solid 5-6k per hit post fury revolution.

Rien
Apr 16, 2013, 06:49 AM
Ra/Hu can't use Chain Trigger.

Gu/Hu, sorry. Flame Visit was used, but I keep saying RA because it's a launcher.

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 06:53 AM

Also, people are saying that you don't need Just Guard because Partisans can't guard cancel their shit on the ground (but can dash cancel)

You can't do chain 100 on a ra/hu.

With partisans you can jump cancel + guard with virtually zero delay at any time you can dash cancel.

edit: GU/HU can't use divine launcher. It's a ranger PA. Flame visits are like a restricted allclass weapon, limited to RA and GU as opposed to all 6 classes, making them not technically allclass but you get what I mean.

Z-0
Apr 16, 2013, 07:01 AM
why are they using divine launcher anyway...

Rodeo is stronger. |:

Reio the Wolf
Apr 16, 2013, 02:06 PM
So...If Assault Buster is the main PA, why does Slide End do more damage?

gigawuts
Apr 16, 2013, 02:18 PM
So...If Assault Buster is the main PA, why does Slide End do more damage?

Range. AB is great because it moves you forward and has such a great reach in addition to that. Slide End is more of a side-to-side attack.

AB also has the advantage of being one of the fastest travel methods, just keep spamming JA'd AB's to move around.

Bellion
Apr 16, 2013, 02:19 PM
Slide End does more damage because it has a higher damage modifier. You will hit enemies in front of you in a horizontal way.

Assault Buster does slightly less damage because it has a slightly lower damage modifier. You will lunge at enemies and hit them in a line with a pretty good range. The lunge is pretty much the reason why Assault Buster is the main PA.

Saffran
Apr 16, 2013, 02:22 PM
So basically, we want a partisan where the unlocked special is a boost to Slide End?

Alisha
Apr 17, 2013, 12:44 AM
in my experience slide end is more useful unless you are soloing or something. also there already a weapon with a slide end boosting potential. its soul eater. wich means when we finally get soul banish.......

Reio the Wolf
Apr 17, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hrm. I can't seem to push out the damage unless I'm using a PA. My AB is usually like...300-400 less than my SE depending on where I strike. (yes they are the same level of PA)

I can't tell if this is user error or just the nature of maining partizan.

gigawuts
Apr 17, 2013, 01:26 PM
in my experience slide end is more useful unless you are soloing or something. also there already a weapon with a slide end boosting potential. its soul eater. wich means when we finally get soul banish.......

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=72&sortby=name

Special: Slowly Drains HP. Megid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAUOPHqx5Gs

Dinosaur
Apr 17, 2013, 02:26 PM

For a class that needs to get close to enemies to deal damage, an attack that moves your forward is more useful than one that does not(especially since they deal almost the same damage).

Z-0
Apr 17, 2013, 02:31 PM
Alisha, the best Partisan in the game boosts Assault Buster power.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 02:45 PM

Try tapping the jump button and guarding, it works. And I call bs on that 1m, since RA/HU can't use chain, the way to get max damage is with a GU sub and no matter what, theres no beating 500% bonus damage with HU modifiers.

And Im cranking out little under 10k slide ends with a shifta drink and im not even at 60/60 yet. Also slide end has a very wide aoe that you can't get with ass buster. imo the best PAs for partisan are trick rave for areal mobs, good AoE and its got the highest damage of any partisan PA. Slide end for clusters, huge wide area AoE, and its fast. And ass buster Its a bit weaker than slide end, and its wide range is not the best, and if you do it too close you will use the oposite stance, but its fast/strong/long range.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 02:47 PM
Gu/Hu, sorry. Flame Visit was used, but I keep saying RA because it's a launcher.

even more bullshit, Launcher isnt a GU wep and therefore cant use PAs when used by GU/HU

Alisha
Apr 17, 2013, 03:12 PM
Alisha, the best Partisan in the game boosts Assault Buster power.

gekitsnata?

i currently use vjaya that has no potential atm :/

also skyly can you share your build for doing 10k slide ends?

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 03:16 PM
Not much to share lol, after the last update i think everyone has more or less the same build minus a few points here and there. Other than that its all about race/gender/gear. Im not too well geared but not bad definantly, tbh I dont even plan to make great units till i find new ones. But thats all it is, max out fury combo, everything on the way there, and save a few race/gender points youll be where I am.

EDIT: all my partsan PAs are 15 btw so thats also a thing.

Dinosaur
Apr 17, 2013, 03:35 PM
i currently use vjaya that has no potential atm :/

But that Meseta Boost tho

also apparently someone sold a gekitsnata for 20mil on my server. so jelly

Alisha
Apr 17, 2013, 03:40 PM
Not much to share lol, after the last update i think everyone has more or less the same build minus a few points here and there. Other than that its all about race/gender/gear. Im not too well geared but not bad definantly, tbh I dont even plan to make great units till i find new ones. But thats all it is, max out fury combo, everything on the way there, and save a few race/gender points youll be where I am.

EDIT: all my partsan PAs are 15 btw so thats also a thing.

im just curious where the extra 2k is coming from since mine do 8k as human female@52hu/46fi with 100s-atk on mag and vol/pow3/ability3 units and vol/pow3 on my 28% light vjaya.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 03:45 PM
im just curious where the extra 2k is coming from since mine do 8k as human female@52hu/46fi with 100s-atk on mag and vol/pow3/ability3 units and vol/pow3 on my 28% light vjaya.

Im using a 50% lambda 9* whateverthefakitscalled lv3 unlocked HU/FImar 60/56. The 50% alone is enough to make my partisan better than yours when it comes to damage output, the unlock is just overkill. Ive said it before and ill say it again, 50% is the way to dps, anything else is for looks (though i do wanna reskin it, its ugly as all hell get out). And since you are a human female with 4 less base s attack that means i got 16 more natural base than you so the ability 3 is kinda canceled out. I did not include my chase bonus btw, my partisan has vol and burn 3 only.

Rayden
Apr 17, 2013, 03:50 PM
While there's a partizan discussion going on, there's something I've been meaning to ask. Could somebody tell me exactly how the partizan gear affects PAs? Obviously it gives more range in general (very obvious with Speed Rain and Slide End), but I'm not sure it even does anything with some of the PAs. Trick Rave, Bandersnatch, Assault Buster, Zenith Throw, Rising Flag - does the gear affect any of these? If so, how? I'm mostly interested in Assault Buster.

Alisha
Apr 17, 2013, 03:51 PM
interesting. i actually have a 50% lambda raizenlock with quartz/pow3/mutation. ill give that a try later.

Bellion
Apr 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
The gear increases the range of Assault Buster. Can't say anything else.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 04:32 PM
While there's a partizan discussion going on, there's something I've been meaning to ask. Could somebody tell me exactly how the partizan gear affects PAs? Obviously it gives more range in general (very obvious with Speed Rain and Slide End), but I'm not sure it even does anything with some of the PAs. Trick Rave, Bandersnatch, Assault Buster, Zenith Throw, Rising Flag - does the gear affect any of these? If so, how? I'm mostly interested in Assault Buster.

The gear increases the range for all the partisan PAs, useful for quick AoE

Reio the Wolf
Apr 17, 2013, 04:35 PM
Skyly, can you tell me why I do very little attack damage on my base attacks but put out comparable PA damage?

I'm running a 9* Raizenlok +9 with AB/SE/TR all at level 10. I do about 150ish on basic attacks with maybe 230 JA's. I regularly put out 1k+ at level 37. Units are the Fang set. Mag isn't...good but it's not bad either.

Bellion
Apr 17, 2013, 04:42 PM
Send a link of what your skill tree looks like. Also, do you have a fighter subclass at a decent level?

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
Skyly, can you tell me why I do very little attack damage on my base attacks but put out comparable PA damage?

I'm running a 9* Raizenlok +9 with AB/SE/TR all at level 10. I do about 150ish on basic attacks with maybe 230 JA's. I regularly put out 1k+ at level 37. Units are the Fang set. Mag isn't...good but it's not bad either.

give it 50% element, unlock it to lv 3, get lv 11+ versions of thos PAs (huge damage spike from 10 to 11) and level up, im lv 60/56 so im kinda end game power atm.

Thats how you optimize your damage, and caution it does cost a shit ton to do (for non premiums like me anyway).

Alisha
Apr 17, 2013, 04:49 PM
ok i just made this video comparing both skylyhumar and the vjaya does slightly more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oviAnICb_U0

if i add 5% dmg to the raisen they do the same damage >_>

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 04:55 PM
ok i just made this video comparing both skylyhumar and the vjaya does slightly more.
pso2 2013-04-17 17-18-14-292 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oviAnICb_U0)

if i add 5% dmg to the raisen they do the same damage >_>

Idk what to tell ya bud, what does your tree look like and what are your exact stats?

Alisha
Apr 17, 2013, 05:10 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04gBbfkIUIkb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbXlX7bInq nGXsN62NfGA00000ebHoGAbn4XfcA0000Ib00000ib00007b00 0009b000008

http://i.minus.com/ikcgOLAc4OiFv.png

BlankM
Apr 17, 2013, 05:37 PM
Do you really only need to swing once to get the full bonus of Fury Combo?

Bellion
Apr 17, 2013, 05:47 PM
Yes, or step attack and then Just Attack from there.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 05:52 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04gBbfkIUIkb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbXlX7bInq nGXsN62NfGA00000ebHoGAbn4XfcA0000Ib00000ib00007b00 0009b000008

http://i.minus.com/ikcgOLAc4OiFv.png

Nothing much different in your trees than in mine. Id say its that your power is a bit on the low ide, since % and the JA bonus works as a multiplier the stronger you are typically the higher they boost. Im just past that point and youre not. Once you get arround my level you will see the difference. Till then, your vajaya is better i guess ;p.

omgwtflolbbl
Apr 17, 2013, 06:06 PM
You could 50 element an Old Device, if you really want a really good partisan but don't have the premium/meseta for a super expensive one.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 17, 2013, 06:12 PM
You could 50 element an Old Device, if you really want a really good partisan but don't have the premium/meseta for a super expensive one.

In theory yes, 50% does wonders for your dps. The reason I stuck with mine is because once the unlock lv reaches 5 itll just top all the oher current partisas.

Reio the Wolf
Apr 18, 2013, 05:31 AM
give it 50% element, unlock it to lv 3, get lv 11+ versions of thos PAs (huge damage spike from 10 to 11) and level up, im lv 60/56 so im kinda end game power atm.

Thats how you optimize your damage, and caution it does cost a shit ton to do (for non premiums like me anyway).

How does premium make this cost less? Also is it worth my money to 50/Unlock a normal Raizenlok (not the Lambda one)

Secondly, thank you for all of this help. It really is helping my damage one way or another.

gigawuts
Apr 18, 2013, 06:04 AM
How does premium make this cost less? Also is it worth my money to 50/Unlock a normal Raizenlok (not the Lambda one)

Secondly, thank you for all of this help. It really is helping my damage one way or another.

It was a confusing choice of words, but he meant that having more money makes upgrading things more affordable. Maxing element is the sort of thing you do after finishing up your units, etc. because units will give you both more survivability and probably better damage gains via affixes, so it's assumed you've already invested in those.

Reio the Wolf
Apr 18, 2013, 07:53 AM
It was a confusing choice of words, but he meant that having more money makes upgrading things more affordable. Maxing element is the sort of thing you do after finishing up your units, etc. because units will give you both more survivability and probably better damage gains via affixes, so it's assumed you've already invested in those.

So I've noticed. Had a friend of mine join in with better affixed gear but similar level/weapons and he just trashed me. For now I'll accept my weapon and focus on fully affixing my gear. Otherwise, I am enjoying the hell out of Partizans.

Skyly HUmar
Apr 18, 2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah thanks for translating my broken english giga ;p. And no the normal 9* orange Raizenok is not worth 50% ing at the start. Sure its only going for 1k on my ship, but so is the lambda, and the normal one is just a start off weapon really. %ing it would be like finding a brionac and sphering it's native and dark.