PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Tech Charge Advance or Photon Flare

NeroreN
Apr 16, 2013, 02:25 PM
FO/TE here. Since we're getting (Another) skill reset item, i was thinking if keep going with raw damage with max Tech Charge Advance, or go with Photon Flare.

I've been okay so far with Charge Advance, but the Sanctum area is being painfully long to S Rank. Dirandals (both) takes a while unless i perfectly aim the rider, and Goronzoran takes forever just to disable his barrier in solo runs, specially if he appears as an Emergency Code.

If i go for Photon Flare will be Lv10 and Lv3-10 on After Burst. Tech Charge build is all max on both.

Bellion
Apr 16, 2013, 02:27 PM
Never go for Photon Flare.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib000064OI22XIxjbncAIxIb0000Ib0000 08 Here's a hybrid tree that will be good for techs all around.

ShinMaruku
Apr 16, 2013, 02:28 PM
Ice tech are merde. Tech charge advance is a damage boost to all techs it's a no brainer. Photon flare takes too much points and does not give a good bonus on damage plus you need to raise a shit tree to just get to it. If it were divorced from the ice tree then maybe.

UnLucky
Apr 16, 2013, 03:36 PM
Photon Flare is bad, don't get it.

It requires 10 points in bad skills. Ice techs are bad and only one area's enemies are weak to the element. Freeze Ignite is bad.

Photon Flare itself is bad. It's a bad bonus for a bad duration with a bad penalty.

Photon Flare Advance is worse than Photon Flare itself because it gives the same bonus but doesn't alleviate the penalty.

Photon Flare After Burst is even worse still than Photon Flare Advance because it gives half of the boost of either PF or PFA. That doesn't mean it's half bad, it's twice bad.

To be really effective in Sanctum, you could use a build like this (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04uDb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn000 0009b00000ib00000ib000064OIk2XIxjbncAIw0000fkbIdIb fdFI2J2qx5bIb0000), since there are enemies weak to Dark and Fire, and Bolt is just good in general if only for Zondeel.

Or absolutely slay all the dragons with this build (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04uDb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbIn000 0009b00000ib00000ib00006kbI22XIxjbncAIxIb00004O6ds I2aFqx5k0000f). Try it out if you have an extra tree or will just reset anyway.

NeroreN
Apr 16, 2013, 04:05 PM
Well i don't have any problem to keep going for Charge Advance.

Isn't T-ATK Up that worth it? Your trees only have them to the level for unlock the rest of the branch. I suppose boosting damage is more efficient overall, but not sure :-?

ShinMaruku
Apr 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
T-atk maxed only give 50 t-attack they need to make it triple that to make it worth 10 points.

Dextro
Apr 16, 2013, 04:33 PM
I've been okay so far with Charge Advance, but the Sanctum area is being painfully long to S Rank. Dirandals (both) takes a while unless i perfectly aim the rider, and Goronzoran takes forever just to disable his barrier in solo runs, specially if he appears as an Emergency Code.

Umm well, Photon Flare won't solve your problems :-?
The skill doesn't turn you into an absolute powerhouse for 30 secs, it just.... brings you on par with the rest of us for 30secs.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 16, 2013, 06:05 PM
Well i don't have any problem to keep going for Charge Advance.

Isn't T-ATK Up that worth it? Your trees only have them to the level for unlock the rest of the branch. I suppose boosting damage is more efficient overall, but not sure :-?

You have to ask yourself what else those 7 points could be used on.

Percentage gains, cost downs and casting speed up all take priority over a measly 40 T Atk which helps you equip things far more than it would ever help damage directly and that's what your mag is for.

So yeah, avoid the stat gains up unless you need them to get to another skill.

there are only a few exceptions to this.

ShinMaruku
Apr 16, 2013, 06:56 PM
Umm well, Photon Flare won't solve your problems :-?
The skill doesn't turn you into an absolute powerhouse for 30 secs, it just.... brings you on par with the rest of us for 30secs.

Yup it's shit skill. I fit was worth it's salt it would be a force only weak bullet amp style cool down that makes your nukes become outrageous, then maybe worth those points.

SociableTyrannosaur
Apr 16, 2013, 08:12 PM
FO/TE here. Since we're getting (Another) skill reset item, i was thinking if keep going with raw damage with max Tech Charge Advance, or go with Photon Flare.

If i go for Photon Flare will be Lv10 and Lv3-10 on After Burst. Tech Charge build is all max on both.

whats your build look like now and whats your equipment look like?

those riders you're talking about can be zapped with zonde pretty easily.